Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Man Divorced His Wife In 2016 And She Became A Billionaire In 2017 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Divorced His Wife In 2016 And She Became A Billionaire In 2017 (1875 Views)

RE: We Met In 2017 On Nairaland And In July,2020 We Got Married / We Met In 2017 On Nairaland And In July,2020 We Got Married / Thread For All Those Still Single In 2017: What's The Way Forward? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Divorced His Wife In 2016 And She Became A Billionaire In 2017 by Menh: 8:59am On Aug 29, 2017
Richard Lord The Woman Who Won Winning $758.7m Powerball Lottery Splits With Her Partner Of 15yrs In 2016

Richard Lord and his partner of 15-years Mavis Wanczyk split in 2016 and if he had just married her, he would have shared in her record-breaking $758.7 million Powerball win – which the mother-of-two, who opted to collect her winnings in the form of a lump sum, will take home around $443m after taxes.

Massachusetts law states that anything purchased over the course of a marriage – including a lottery ticket – counts as a marital asset to be shared in the event of a split.

Speaking to DailyMail after her win, Richard said;

“I could have paid off the rest of the house, taken a vacation in Europe – but that’s just the way life is sometimes. But I’m happy for her. I certainly don’t hold anything against her. I hope she enjoys all that money – she’s certainly got a lot of it now. Right now I know she’s pulling her hair out with all the harassment and the soliciting phone calls.”
Richard explained that he never proposed because he lost 50 percent of everything when he divorced his ex-wife prior to meeting Wanczyk, and didn’t want to repeat the mistake.

“I was married for 20 years but that ended in one big headache. She got the kids, I used to have a gorgeous house and she got that too. After the divorce I was left with barely enough to eat. So after all of that I wasn’t in any hurry to get married again. We went our separate ways last August,’ added Lord. ‘All she said to me was “I’m moving on to a better life.”

http://www.nigeriatoday.ng/2017/08/richard-lord-the-woman-who-won-winning-758-7m-powerball-lottery-splits-with-her-partner-of-15yrs-in-2016/amp/
Re: Man Divorced His Wife In 2016 And She Became A Billionaire In 2017 by Lalas247(f): 9:02am On Aug 29, 2017
He sounds pained AF grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Divorced His Wife In 2016 And She Became A Billionaire In 2017 by nic2wao: 9:04am On Aug 29, 2017
Menh:
Richard Lord The Woman Who Won Winning $758.7m Powerball Lottery Splits With Her Partner Of 15yrs In 2016

Richard Lord and his partner of 15-years Mavis Wanczyk split in 2016 and if he had just married her, he would have shared in her record-breaking $758.7 million Powerball win – which the mother-of-two, who opted to collect her winnings in the form of a lump sum, will take home around $443m after taxes.

Massachusetts law states that anything purchased over the course of a marriage – including a lottery ticket – counts as a marital asset to be shared in the event of a split.

Speaking to DailyMail after her win, Richard said;

“I could have paid off the rest of the house, taken a vacation in Europe – but that’s just the way life is sometimes. But I’m happy for her. I certainly don’t hold anything against her. I hope she enjoys all that money – she’s certainly got a lot of it now. Right now I know she’s pulling her hair out with all the harassment and the soliciting phone calls.”
Richard explained that he never proposed because he lost 50 percent of everything when he divorced his ex-wife prior to meeting Wanczyk, and didn’t want to repeat the mistake.

“I was married for 20 years but that ended in one big headache. She got the kids, I used to have a gorgeous house and she got that too. After the divorce I was left with barely enough to eat. So after all of that I wasn’t in any hurry to get married again. We went our separate ways last August,’ added Lord. ‘All she said to me was

“I’m moving on to a better life.”

http://www.nigeriatoday.ng/2017/08/richard-lord-the-woman-who-won-winning-758-7m-powerball-lottery-splits-with-her-partner-of-15yrs-in-2016/amp/

The Power Of The TONGUE

Proclaim your success ahead!
Work towards it!

And

You shall RECIEVE.

1 Like

Re: Man Divorced His Wife In 2016 And She Became A Billionaire In 2017 by fernandez1(m): 9:08am On Aug 29, 2017
U cannot loose woman chasing money...but u can loose money chasing woman...
Re: Man Divorced His Wife In 2016 And She Became A Billionaire In 2017 by fk001(m): 9:08am On Aug 29, 2017
Some Life partners are the real reason for your Financial drawback

Free yourself from bondage if nothing seems to be going right

Stop suffering and smiling.

2 Likes

Re: Man Divorced His Wife In 2016 And She Became A Billionaire In 2017 by WenysAD(f): 9:18am On Aug 29, 2017
Wow shocked
Re: Man Divorced His Wife In 2016 And She Became A Billionaire In 2017 by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 29, 2017
Damn bloggers, they were not married but partners and the man claims the woman left her.

Keep your head up, Richard. I can understand why you didn't marry her. Look at what the system did to you after your first marriage: gave your wife custody of all your kids, threw you away from your fine house into the cold streets plus half of every goddamn thing you own. You barely had enough to eat.

Keep your head up, fam.

The very foundation of a traditional nuclear family is being threatened by the emasculation of men leading to the ubiquitous apathy to marriage by males. The system will be a victim of its vortex of unstructured liberalism.
Re: Man Divorced His Wife In 2016 And She Became A Billionaire In 2017 by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 29, 2017
grin

I juz hope she will use that money to generate more money on her account grin

Good for her.
Re: Man Divorced His Wife In 2016 And She Became A Billionaire In 2017 by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 29, 2017
America been robbing men off in the guise of divorce since time immemorial.

it's actually a good business for some female
they marry u just for ur wealth and then after few years they divorce u and take off with half of what u own.

some men even pay alimony!!!
Re: Man Divorced His Wife In 2016 And She Became A Billionaire In 2017 by Evablizin(f): 10:11am On Aug 29, 2017
shocked

Congrats to her,she better use the money wisely,this huge success comes once in a while.

Evaberry:
America been robbing men off in the guise of divorce since time immemorial.

it's actually a good business for some female
they marry u just for ur wealth and then after few years they divorce u and take off with half of what u own.

shocked

True talk,pure truth

1 Like

Re: Man Divorced His Wife In 2016 And She Became A Billionaire In 2017 by fineboynl(m): 10:21am On Aug 29, 2017
and that's why rich people go for rich people. poor for poor people, otherwise contract marriage or baby mama.

here in Africa poor girl will be looking for rich guy. it doesn't work that way.
Re: Man Divorced His Wife In 2016 And She Became A Billionaire In 2017 by ashjay001(m): 11:14am On Aug 29, 2017
boostdom:
Damn bloggers, they were not married but partners and the man claims the woman left her.

Keep your head up, Richard. I can understand why you didn't marry her. Look at what the system did to you after your first marriage: gave your wife custody of all your kids, threw you away from your fine house into the cold streets plus half of every goddamn thing you own. You barely had enough to eat.

Keep your head up, fam.

The very foundation of a traditional nuclear family is being threatened by the emasculation of men leading to the ubiquitous apathy to marriage by males. The system will be a victim of its vortex of unstructured liberalism.

Tanx, u actually understand Richard!?

And to imagine, after getting d gorgeous house n half of every dime, she went ahead to win all that cash! Truly, life aint fair!

(1) (Reply)

Familiar With These Items?..its High Time You Get Married - Photo / In Love With A Friend Older Than Me / Most Of My Suitors Are Ugly; Help Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.