Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Police Restructuring Where Should We Start From? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Restructuring Where Should We Start From? (613 Views)

Sheikh Gumi To CJN: Leave Sharia Alone, Talk About Restructuring / Police Restructuring: A Letter To The President By A Concerned Nigerian. / "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Restructuring Where Should We Start From? by horlus(m): 9:22am On Aug 29, 2017
Considering the high level of corruption in this country especially the recent allegations against the number one policeman in the country the Inspector General. What suggestions do you think can bring sanity to this embarrassing police situation in Nigeria. Let's be matured about our comments.

1 Like

Re: Police Restructuring Where Should We Start From? by heendrix(m): 9:24am On Aug 29, 2017
FG should make another uniform for them and not include pocket. the bribe will reduce that even if you stop to say my friend collect this little change he will say thank you sir my cap is already full wink

4 Likes

Re: Police Restructuring Where Should We Start From? by Iykmann(m): 9:39am On Aug 29, 2017
Each region should have their own police force

1 Like

Re: Police Restructuring Where Should We Start From? by otosa(m): 10:10am On Aug 29, 2017
horlus:
Considering the high level of corruption in this country especially the recent allegations against the number one policeman in the country the Inspector General. What suggestions do you think can bring sanity to this embarrassing police situation in Nigeria. Let's be matured about our comments.
For how long are we need to deceive ourselves in this country? The only way to stop all this inanity is restructuring. You and I know that the major problem we are having in the country is corruption which 95% is from Center. If you know the amount of money Polices are making through only bailing alone you will support me by saying they should also join one of Federal Govt Agencies that should be generating revenue to Govt like Custom. And this is the reason why This IGP against the state police. Believe me, in as much we remain with this kind of system of Govt we are practicing this is how we will remain for ever without any development.

2 Likes

Re: Police Restructuring Where Should We Start From? by otosa(m): 10:13am On Aug 29, 2017
heendrix:
FG should make another uniform for them and not include pocket. the bribe will reduce that even if you stop to say my friend collect this little change he will say thank you sir my cap is already full wink
Most they collect the bribe?
Re: Police Restructuring Where Should We Start From? by mrvitalis(m): 10:21am On Aug 29, 2017
otosa:
For how long are we need to deceive ourselves in this country? The only way to stop all this inanity is restructuring. You and I know that the major problem we are having in the country is corruption which 95% is from Center. If you know the amount of money Polices are making through only bailing alone you will support me by saying they should also join one of Federal Govt Agencies that should be generating revenue to Govt like Custom. And this is the reason why This IGP against the state police. Believe me, in as much we remain with this kind of system of Govt we are practicing this is how we will remain for ever without any development.

Are you kidding me ??

The states are far more corrupt than the center ....the local government is the worst in terms of corruption

What we need is how to hold our leaders accountable and not even restructuring ....imagine giving fayose more power ...will oposition exits in ekiti ?

I have said it the only reason Nigerians are not ready to hold there leaders accountable is because the money they still is not really coming out of their pockets .

.. Tax Nigerians 40% of income . Increase vat to 20% ... Tax foreign education ... Private universities ...200% on imported cars

Then they vote you in and for four years with all this trillions that this will raise you don't fix power and expect support ?
Re: Police Restructuring Where Should We Start From? by Oshidaguy: 10:32am On Aug 29, 2017
There must be a political will from the presidency to be able to fight corruption in the police force. corruption in police force is like a pyramid which starts from the (presidency) top.

1 Like

Re: Police Restructuring Where Should We Start From? by heendrix(m): 11:00am On Aug 29, 2017
otosa:
Most they collect the bribe?

it's a norm or custom for them so how do they stop? my own idea is the NPF should not be filled with low level degree or people who just join because there's no job. but educated people should be employed and salary increased then law should be strict or frown at those who collect bribe
Re: Police Restructuring Where Should We Start From? by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 29, 2017
They need to start posting Police officers to their local communities

That will help police engagement with the public and local communities

Posting foreigners to other communities is why they collect bribes and engage in broad day light theft without shame
Re: Police Restructuring Where Should We Start From? by horlus(m): 6:16pm On Aug 29, 2017
otosa:

You have a point sir. I'm in support of Restructuring the system.
Re: Police Restructuring Where Should We Start From? by horlus(m): 6:17pm On Aug 29, 2017
[quote author=Iykmann post=59926832]Each region should have their own police force[/iquote]
Haba
Re: Police Restructuring Where Should We Start From? by horlus(m): 6:18pm On Aug 29, 2017
krendo:
They need to start posting Police officers to their local communities

That will help police engagement with the public and local communities

Posting foreigners to other communities is why they collect bribes and engage in broad day light theft without shame

I guess this is one of the reasons why state police has been an option.

(1) (Reply)

Trump Donate $1m Of His Own Fund To Flood Victims / I Need An Answer To This Question Nairalanders / Buhari Is Worse Than IPOB, Arewa Youths, Out To Kill Igbos – Senate Owie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.