Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Programmers Psychological Advice Needed Plz - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programmers Psychological Advice Needed Plz (1164 Views)

Django Developer Plz Help / Java Programmers Plz Help Out / Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programmers Psychological Advice Needed Plz by hebenezher(m): 11:41am On Aug 29, 2017
Good morning good people,

Must one be solid in mathematics to be able to comprehend programming?
I'm not the type who have interest in mathematics yet I'm a 400L computer and information science student.
or is there a programing language that requires less mathematical knowledge to work with? though the source codes and syntax, are understandable for me, things hang up whenever it Starts involving variables and calculations. I just started yesterday, and was up all night, with the steps knowable but hard the variable aspects remains.

my honourable programmer, your advice are needed, help a brother.
you may have some psychological advises for me to follow based on your experiences when at a newbie in the game.

javanian and others should me out plz
Re: Programmers Psychological Advice Needed Plz by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 29, 2017
Attempt to Learn Maths I studied business admin but been working as a dev , truthfully Maths needed for dev, differs from field to field but learn it most importantly discrete maths. However depending on what field you find yourself in you will notice a required specific type of Maths.
Re: Programmers Psychological Advice Needed Plz by hebenezher(m): 12:03pm On Aug 29, 2017
pcguru1:
Attempt to Learn Maths I studied business admin but been working as a dev , truthfully Maths needed for dev, differs from field to field but learn it most importantly discrete maths. However depending on what field you find yourself in you will notice a required specific type of Maths.

Firstly, thanks for inventing a time from your time to help me.
well, I have been up on c++ lately and it is basically on variables.
c++ could be really tough for a self teaching, am I pushing myself too far or if you'd just prescribe me a simpler language to work on first as I'm a newbie and inexperienced.
Is Web developing cool?
Re: Programmers Psychological Advice Needed Plz by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 29, 2017
hebenezher:

Firstly, thanks for inventing a time from your time to help me.
well, I have been up on c++ lately and it is basically on variables.
c++ could be really tough for a self teaching, am I pushing myself too far or if you'd just prescribe me a simpler language to work on first as I'm a newbie and inexperienced.
Is Web developing cool?
Me oh forget C++ and pick Java , only pick C++ ice you're comfy with programming you can spend a lot if time on C++ learning things specifically for it. Java or C# but I'd say Java, also as for the last question, yes but depends on your interests
Re: Programmers Psychological Advice Needed Plz by hebenezher(m): 1:58pm On Aug 29, 2017
pcguru1:

Me oh forget C++ and pick Java , only pick C++ ice you're comfy with programming you can spend a lot if time on C++ learning things specifically for it. Java or C# but I'd say Java, also as for the last question, yes but depends on your interests

of course web dev. is a cognitive sector I admire, and haven attended a tutorial class subject to it, gave me ideals and clue of it. though I'm almost done with HTLM tags and its elements, i should move forward to CSS in the next couple of days. just thought I should have basic knowledge of a particular programming language to give more accumulation and versatility to my skill. anyways thanks brovah
Re: Programmers Psychological Advice Needed Plz by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 29, 2017
hebenezher:

of course web dev. is a cognitive sector I admire, and haven attended a tutorial class subject to it, gave me ideals and clue of it. though I'm almost done with HTLM tags and its elements, i should move forward to CSS in the next couple of days. just thought I should have basic knowledge of a particular programming language to give more accumulation and versatility to my skill. anyways thanks brovah
Yeah don't try to read the whole thing just read what you need to know and when you take a project you will definitely be led to what you need to know. Even the author of C++ doesn't know of all its features lol
Re: Programmers Psychological Advice Needed Plz by hebenezher(m): 2:26pm On Aug 29, 2017
pcguru1:

Yeah don't try to read the whole thing just read what you need to know and when you take a project you will definitely be led to what you need to know. Even the author of C++ doesn't know of all its features lol

lol.... true, Nigerians and over sabi.
I thought of knowing the whole thing (how stupidly can OVER CURIOUSITY makes me look), thanks for the advice sir.
Meanwhile, i think I've an edge really, java is part of my 2nd semester curriculum, that should help me though.
Re: Programmers Psychological Advice Needed Plz by Kingdolo(m): 8:01am On Aug 30, 2017
Programming might seem frustrating, but when u get the hang of it ,it gets better.
The key is patience and calm.If you feel burnt out just take a break and your problem is half solved.
Try to practice as much as you can, Any challenge you encounter don't forget stackoverflow.
That's your new found buddy.
My 1 cent....
Re: Programmers Psychological Advice Needed Plz by Olyboy16(m): 8:09pm On Aug 30, 2017
ahh...good ol days, when i used to make web apps with over 40 html files, 7 js scripts.
i remember the day i saw a piece c++ of code i wrote 7 years ago, i didnt know when i started laughing loud(created multi dimen array in a loop)!

OP, the best programmers are those who read very little and do a lot. yes they may be bad coders at first, but whatever they learn sticks to their heads and their logic capacity is dope! pcguru1 has given you all the advice needed.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Implement The Quick Sort Algorithm In Your Language. / Bootable Flash / I Need A Programming Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.