Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,720 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat (24710 Views)

Anambra Abattoir Where Butchers Sell Poison In Name Of Meat (photos) / 6 Side Effects Of Eating Too Much Salt / Monkey Pox: Stop Eating Bush Meat, Monkeys & Dead Animals - Health Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by paBuhari(m): 10:26am On Aug 30, 2017
I will NEVER marry a woman who eat snake.
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by Afobear: 10:28am On Aug 30, 2017
coldsummer:
Smh.

Snake is not dangerous unless it comes it enters the bloodstream. What is the operation eating it had injury in his mouth.

Why would anyone even consider eating snake
what are you trying to say ?

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by DaBill001(m): 10:38am On Aug 30, 2017
sammoe:
Counter thread, eh?

There are two kinds of people on Nairaland: those who eat snakes and those who don't.

Which are you?

I am....... U
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by canalily(m): 10:40am On Aug 30, 2017
flawlessT:
I can't even eat it for any reason biko embarassed
i wil giv u something better than snake meat my dear bikoundecided
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by amparas(m): 10:51am On Aug 30, 2017
Oooooo no be lala create this counter thread
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by thundafire: 10:53am On Aug 30, 2017
Dis will make lala shine teeth like say him win gold cs dis post dn encourage am than dy other 1 where make am cry abeg I fit get dat black boy pic where him dy smile
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by supereagle(m): 10:58am On Aug 30, 2017
Lastisticala give kudos to this one.
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by Abbotp: 11:01am On Aug 30, 2017
So who won the debate?

for or against?
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by Innocent112(m): 11:23am On Aug 30, 2017
sammoe:
Counter thread, eh?

There are two kinds of people on Nairaland: those who eat snakes and those who don't.

Which are you?
lala is on the way coming keep him own for him
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by bullabong(m): 11:33am On Aug 30, 2017
sammoe:
Counter thread, eh?

Which are you?
in all my craziness,this is one meat i just can't eat. I am yet to summon the courage to try dog meat e come be snake.
anyway im from obosi and my Ancestors worshipped them.it is a big taboo.
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by surajoyadagammo(m): 11:34am On Aug 30, 2017
I swear I saw this counter thread coming since yesterday. grin
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by Kilanee: 11:49am On Aug 30, 2017
Kondomatic:
Cobra or dog pepper soup are the best anti malaria drugs on earth
so you eat dog too??shockedshocked
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by HAKIKII(m): 12:00pm On Aug 30, 2017
hmmmmm
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by Nairaboi(m): 12:01pm On Aug 30, 2017
Python meat remains the best and most widely accepted snake meat.
Team white meat anyday , anytime and anywhere

Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by bentuzene(m): 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2017
thoollz:
Snake meat is not common in Western meals, but is popular in other cultures for its supposed health benefits. Snake meat is also being more widely accepted as a healthy exotic game meat, and is often offered along side other exotic meats like alligator and ostrich in Western restaurants or over the Internet.

What is Snake Meat?

Snakes are reptiles that are found in most countries in the world. Some snakes are venomous, meaning that they can inject poison into the bloodstream through a bite. The most popular snake meat in the United States comes from rattlesnakes, although other types, such as python, are available over the Internet. Rattlesnake meat is commonly eaten in the Southwest, and popular recipes include rattlesnake chili and barbecued snake meat. Other cultures generally eat their own, locally found snakes.

Snakes are considered medicinal in Chinese lore, as a "warming" food, and the blood of snakes is often mixed with liquor to produce a virility enhancer. Traditional South American medicine includes dried or powdered snake meat which is believed to cure several different illnesses. Snake meat is usually said to taste like chicken, but a closer approximation is frog legs. Snake meat can be very tough if not prepared well.

Health Benefits of Snake

Snake meat contains protein like any other type of meat. Protein is necessary for many body systems, including the development of muscles. Protein provides amino acids the body cannot obtain any other way, which do everything from building cell walls, to regulating hormones. Snake meat contains roughly 93 calories per 100g (3.5 oz) of raw meat, depending on the type of snake. This is roughly half the calories and one third the amount of fat of a similar amount of sirloin beef steak. Fewer calories and less fat content for the same weight of meat can aid dieters in controlling their weight.

Cautions About Snake Meat

As snake meat is not often sold commercially in the United States, it does not have particular, rigid health standards that other meats do. Rattlesnake meat is often sold from "Rattlesnake Roundups," which are similar in atmosphere to rodeos and have been accused of low standards of food preparation. This is of particular concern as rattlesnake meat in South America has been linked several times with severe strains of salmonella, which grows in the snake's gut. This bacteria is neutralized by proper handling and by cooking. Snakes, like other animals, may also contain parasites and other infections that can be transmitted to humans, which can also be neutralized by proper handling, freezing, and thorough cooking. Snake venom must enter the blood stream to pose any danger to people, so there are no concerns about poisoning from eating most snakes.

Snake meat is relatively low in fat and calories, high in protein and some consider it a rising star in the food industry. However, like any type of meat, it should be prepared and cooked carefully to ensure it does not result in infection or food poisoning.

Source: http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/7-essential-exercises-that-target-your-glutes.html

cc: lalasticlala

I smell revenge... grin grin grin
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by chiiraq802(m): 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2017
#Tufiakwa!!!!
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by flawlessT(f): 1:32pm On Aug 30, 2017
Kylekent59:

That suya you ate last night,how did you know that aboki didn't use snake meat for suya?
Sorry i dnt even eat suya either
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by flawlessT(f): 1:34pm On Aug 30, 2017
canalily:
i wil giv u something better than snake meat my dear bikoundecided
Okay
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by harriet412(f): 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2017
Benekruku:
Nothing beats human meat!
u eat human ??undecided
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by Kylekent59: 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2017
flawlessT:
Sorry i dnt even eat suya either
Ok.
You gat a nice pic. I love it.
Can I get your contact? smiley
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by canalily(m): 2:37pm On Aug 30, 2017
flawlessT:
Okay
how ar u?
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by niqqaclaimz(m): 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2017
Post was copied...##snake are nor sold in united states
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by flawlessT(f): 10:32pm On Aug 30, 2017
Kylekent59:

Ok.
You gat a nice pic. I love it.
Can I get your contact? smiley
Thanks
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by flawlessT(f): 10:33pm On Aug 30, 2017
canalily:
how ar u?
Fine... Thank u
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by canalily(m): 11:33pm On Aug 30, 2017
flawlessT:
Fine... Thank u
i knw u r fine, i'v the most beautiful thing for you
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by flawlessT(f): 10:02am On Aug 31, 2017
canalily:
i knw u r fine, i'v the most beautiful thing for you
Really... Which is?
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by canalily(m): 10:10am On Aug 31, 2017
flawlessT:
Really... Which is?
could u pls inbox me ur contact in pm?
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by flawlessT(f): 10:14am On Aug 31, 2017
canalily:
could u pls inbox me ur contact in pm?
B4 i can get the most beautiful thing?
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by canalily(m): 10:20am On Aug 31, 2017
flawlessT:
B4 i can get the most beautiful thing?
i didnt gv u condition dear, i wish to get closer to u with sincerityundecided
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by flawlessT(f): 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2017
canalily:
i didnt gv u condition dear, i wish to get closer to u with sincerityundecided
Okay
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by canalily(m): 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2017
flawlessT:
Okay
how ar u enjoying today?
Re: Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat by thaoriginator: 11:20am On Sep 01, 2022
flawlessT:
Okay
you know wetin him wan give you wey you dey holla okay? cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

354 New COVID-19 Cases, 265 Discharged And 3 Deaths On August 6 - (3,835 Tested) / COVID-19: Anambra Begins Fumigation Of The 63 Major Markets In The State (Photo) / Hard Curly Hair And Shaving Bumps! Any Cure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.