Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,877 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders (15289 Views)

Fayose Orders Demolition Of Mr Biggs Building Used As Criminal Hideout (photos) / A Day-Old-Baby Whose Mother Has No Where To Go After Demolition Of Lagos House / Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by MyNewJackeT: 9:46am On Aug 31, 2017
make una leave that market issue alone, I like what rochas is doing to relocate that market

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by toye440: 10:15am On Aug 31, 2017
Biafra loading..............

2 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by urchmoni44: 10:38am On Aug 31, 2017
this man called owelle came to power via the masses fighting protect their votes, now he is paying the masses with what never bargained for. ohakim is now far better than owelle, aka okoroawusa

3 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by ihatesycophant(m): 10:41am On Aug 31, 2017
One thing about us in this nation, we detest change. Change is like poison to some. What is the better of having ancestral market in a wrong place in this modern world? Many people commenting here may not even know Owerri, let alone know the said market. Their submission is borne out of the hate they have against the person of Okorocha because he refused supporting them in their struggle.
So many markets were located at the heart of every cities before development, lately some of these markets have constitute threat to those cities. If government doesn't have political will to relocate them become difficult. Those that have the will are termed wicked because we hate change even to the narrow.

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by kristisking(m): 10:54am On Aug 31, 2017
Okorocha, a dirty, filthy, one legged ritualist with pot belly according to FFK. That is what you get when you have an aboki man who claims to be an igbo at the helm of affairs of a state.

3 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by nayosman: 10:55am On Aug 31, 2017
Okoroacha is a bastard.

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by deebrain(m): 11:13am On Aug 31, 2017
ESDKING:
Okorocha is a disaster to humanity.

He is worse.

Funny many are not realizing this until the recent death of the said boy and the demolition.

Said it on nairaland some time ago that this man has transformed from what he was in the early 2000s (a role model) to the terrorist he is today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by Abagworo(m): 11:31am On Aug 31, 2017
Nonsense. They are all jealous of the fact that Okorocha has changed Imo completely. They were behind the refusal of youths to allow sanitation agents clean up Douglas road so that they'll use it for politics. They were equally behind the youths engaging armed security men in exchange of fire as well as the killing of the 10 year old boy. Contrary to the fake news and videos they sponsored it's production and circulation, the small boy was killed at Mbaise road which is nowhere around Ekeukwu market. Police will soon unravel the truth.
Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by wolverine1987: 11:39am On Aug 31, 2017
is it now u guys know? when his tenure is almost over. when I guys should have impeached him he was buying u guys with money now face d music
Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by UncutSk(m): 11:41am On Aug 31, 2017
olusola200:
Change

Development

Market can be move or modernise

Support ur governor and stop criticizing

He is doing a good job,
Ride on
zoo animal

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by chinedu234(m): 11:47am On Aug 31, 2017
Those who the gods must kill they first make mad. Mr Okorocha has forgotten in a hurry that similar circumstances led to the defeat of Ohakim in the 2011 elections. One thing is sure. Imo state is a revolutionary state. No level of intimidation has stopped the wishes of the people in recent elections. And I think it will also be so in 2019. The people are peaceful but resolute in nature.
Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by HoluwarTohbar(f): 11:52am On Aug 31, 2017
ihatesycophant:
One thing about us in this nation, we detest change. Change is like poison to some. What is the better of having ancestral market in a wrong place in this modern world? Many people commenting here may not even know Owerri, let alone know the said market. Their submission is borne out of the hate they have against the person of Okorocha because he refused supporting them in their struggle.
So many markets were located at the heart of every cities before development, lately some of these markets have constitute threat to those cities. If government doesn't have political will to relocate them become difficult. Those that have the will are termed wicked because we hate change even to the narrow.
Your position is right on the face value. But brother, there is a subsisting court order to maintain the status quo pending when the case is properly heard. Why can't the governor respect that? Is he above the law he swore to uphold? If you know IMO state well, you will find out that this governor has a million and one uncompleted projects littered all over the state, why ignore court orders and dabble yet into another humongous project which CAN never be completed in the time left for him in office? Why the rush? Why the haste?

The indigenes suggested he urbanized the market instead of total relocation. He could have done that, reduced it's size, fenced it beautifully and put adequate security measure to man the market!!
This market according to the indigenes is in the original plan of the town planning!

Brother, the reason why the governor dammed the consequences is because he wants to establish and secure his interest in whatever he plans to use the space for. Whether a housing estate, hospital or school or whatever, the politician will use his fronts to secure his interest in the project which is in a prime location and Rochas is notorious for that.

IMO people are not emotional voters and Rochas knows this fracas might cost his party the ticket in 2019 but he dammed the consequences!

Our votes have never really counted but you can only rig elections where you are popular but Rochas dammed the consequences because of the immunity he enjoys and for his selfish interest!

Originally, Rochas made his money through 419 and laundered it, but obviously, the 419 in him has not been laundered.

Cc. Abagworo
Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by wasi9ice: 11:55am On Aug 31, 2017
I don't support evil but this is good for Owerri people, they vehemently refused a good change of governance,,, that Mbaise man will not rule them
Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by Antoeni(m): 11:56am On Aug 31, 2017
My People my people I will deal with u in such a way dat when I leave office u will start reaping d benefit of d transformations dat is causing u pains now,u all will thank me later
Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by HoluwarTohbar(f): 12:03pm On Aug 31, 2017
wasi9ice:
I don't support evil but this is good for Owerri people, they vehemently refused a good change of governance,,, that Mbaise man will not rule them
I don't think this is exactly true brother. That Mbaise man and his party cost themselves the opportunity with their battle of wits, ego and supremacy! Besides, that Mbaise man never used his clout well when he held sway as the No 4 man. All what's known of him was his green cap!
Have you seen how "beautiful" Mbaise/Umuahia federal road is today? That Mbaise man, kema Chikwe, Chris Anyanwu, Captain Emma Iheanacho all ply that road daily!

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by HoluwarTohbar(f): 12:08pm On Aug 31, 2017
Abagworo:
Nonsense. They are all jealous of the fact that Okorocha has changed Imo completely. They were behind the refusal of youths to allow sanitation agents clean up Douglas road so that they'll use it for politics. They were equally behind the youths engaging armed security men in exchange of fire as well as the killing of the 10 year old boy. Contrary to the fake news and videos they sponsored it's production and circulation, the small boy was killed at Mbaise road which is nowhere around Ekeukwu market. Police will soon unravel the truth.
Whether the boy fell under the bullets of Owerri youths or the Ohaji militants contracted by the governor is not clear yet, the jury is still out on that. What's constant however is that Roachas provided the enabling environment for the war that consumed that boy and others and the war has continued as we speak!
And I tell you, there's nothing to be jealous of about Rocha's tenure in office. The media hype has long been debunked. All the roads he built has collapsed completely or near comatose. The industries, hospitals are merely creations of the media. Onyeagorcha called him out boldly, but Onwuemendo couldn't counter his claims!
Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by supereagle(m): 12:22pm On Aug 31, 2017
MyNewJackeT:
make una leave that market issue alone, I like what rochas is doing to relocate that market
For selfishness. He has taken all the open spaces in Owerri for his family.
Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by Darligold(m): 12:24pm On Aug 31, 2017
modelmike7:

So Says the hater!

Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by supereagle(m): 12:59pm On Aug 31, 2017
Abagworo:

Ohakim was better than him. Most of the roads Ohakim constructed are still standing the test of time. None of Roachas roads has lasted 6 months. He is the commissioner of works.
Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by kikake: 1:18pm On Aug 31, 2017
Ekwekwe1:
Sarrki
Vedaxcool(abi na thermocool)
Ngeneukwenu
Progressive01
Omenka
Omenkalives
Beremex
Modath
Abagworo
Nextprince
Ipobexposed
Ipobcriminals

Come and carry your son(cum leader)
We no longer need him.

Beremex especially from Orlu.
Let her visit her hometown and see how Rochas Okorocha abandoned Orlu to rot away since he built total of 5km of double lane central roads.
Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by Abagworo(m): 2:02pm On Aug 31, 2017
supereagle:

Ohakim was better than him. Most of the roads Ohakim constructed are still standing the test of time. None of Roachas roads has lasted 6 months. He is the commissioner of works.

Give example of 10 roads constructed by Ohakim still standing you liar. Yaradua drive caved in in less than 6 months and so did All seasons.
Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by preciouschiomy: 2:03pm On Aug 31, 2017
Governor Rochas please. I am pleading with u on behalf of we the indigen of Owerri. Pls we want u to resign, we the Owerri people do not want u as our governor anymore. Pls sir kindly resign. And may God forgive u as u listen to my advice. Thanks
Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by supereagle(m): 2:43pm On Aug 31, 2017
Abagworo:

Give example of 10 roads constructed by Ohakim still standing you liar. Yaradua drive caved in in less than 6 months and so did All seasons.
Most of the roads your Rocha is destroying today are upgraded by him. Atta - Iyinshi, That road passing through BMC secondary school was built by him.
Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by fortunechy(m): 3:25pm On Aug 31, 2017
let him enjoy while it last....it just matter of one year plus
Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by mrdipye(m): 4:31pm On Aug 31, 2017
I've nothing to say kwontinue derisGod

imagine if that 10yr old boy was his blood
Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 01, 2017
Guyman02:
The issue should be about relocating the market and providing alternative market for the traders. People should know that urban renewal when done for overriding public interest benefits the society more. The society cannot be stagnant, Modernization should be a continuous process

There are ancient markets all over the modern world.
Destruction of the old does not always make space for new especially in Imo State.
Imo people know why they are crying and if you don't understand, don't bother contributing.
Re: Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 01, 2017
Ibangedyourmom:

I don't think you thought this through unless there is something I am missing. First, the purported change in question is meant for the people of Imo State not change for Rochas alone. By implication no matter whatever Rochas thinks is in the best interest of Imo State he needs the "blessings" of majority of the community to make it happen. Unless it comes down to issue of public health and safety in which case he can get court ruling to over-ride the wishes of majority of the community;in this particular case I read that the court asked every party involved to stand down at least for now.Unless my information is not current or I misunderstood what the court rulings were in which I will be glad to have the accurate info from you.

We are busy clamoring for a better society where rules and orders should be respected and on one hand you are supporting tyranny. I have lived in a city where traffic were supposed to be directed toward a particular street because the city was trying to implement a new system that would cut down traffic around the city by more than half. When this plan was sanctioned, 18 months before it was implemented the city council sent out a detailed explanation of why they wanted to divert the traffic into this particular street and how it is going to affect those living on the street in terms of volume of traffic, noise, peak and off peak hour of flowing traffic in and out of the streets. The explanation came with an attached form that allows you to say "no" to the proposed plan. Mind you the portion of the street to receive the incoming traffic in question contains about 70 houses and the portion to deal with the out-going traffic into a dual carriage main road consists of about 20 houses. Now this is a total of 90 houses, which means that the inhabitants of these 90 houses will determine the fate of every motorist that plies in and around this part of the city. It was stated clearly in the form that if the majority disapprove the city council will shove the plan but if the majority agrees the plan will be implemented on a particular date. And if the majority says yes and the 'no' in minority are free to approach the court. Yes, I know we are in Nigeria but it is time we start doing things the right way in our own little ways. Yes, people don't necessarily like change but that does not mean that the government has to beat them into accepting change.

If I may ask you at what point do you think our government should start acting based on the will of the people if not on issues like this?

NB: I just saw your response to one of my post from two days ago. https://www.nairaland.com/4021033/lauretta-onochie-how-nnamdi-kanu/8#60024066 I just responded you can check it out. I will be waiting for your response on that.

You have a great grasp of the issue at stake. It's all part of his land grabbing schemes since he became governor.
Ask people who witnessed the destruction of mechanic village Orji and find out what happened to the prime property much later.
Just a greedy pig of a governor, who has grown a 'pot belly of wickedness '

(1) (2) (Reply)

CJN Onnoghen’s Prosecution Shows No One Is Above The Law –sagay / On Festus Keyamo’s Tribal Baits Against Igbos; A Reflection / Rochas Okorocha’s University Is A Must See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.