Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Advice Me! People Owing Me Money Just Killed My Passion For My Brand! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Me! People Owing Me Money Just Killed My Passion For My Brand! (970 Views)

ICAN Delists 14,337 Members For Owing Association Dues For More Than 3 Years / My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors / Kayode Olagunju: "Wole Soyinka Inspired My Passion For Road Safety" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Me! People Owing Me Money Just Killed My Passion For My Brand! by Born2conquer: 7:16pm On Aug 30, 2017
Using a new account,because my real account can be traced to my brand and easy for people to know who I am!
=====
Okay
====
During my 100level days as an undergraduate I discovered that I love staying online and making a name for myself on any social media platform so with that I joined instagram while I was in 100level and within 2 months I already got 10,000 followers with great impression but I wasn't earning money then(not doing it because of money just fun)

Fast forwarded to last year...by January 2016 I already got 50,000 followers mainly into all this instagram gists and blogging and funny stuffs while on campus..with my fame my friends advised to focus my Instagram page also to school so I tried it and I kicked started my media house on campus and within the first semester I already outshone all other existing media houses.

I created account for my IG brand on Facebook likewise on Twitter to Balance it and doing everything to keep it updated to everybody's tastes daily and that especially brought the management attention to my media house.

I recruited students to join me on the brand(Note: I wasn't earning money all through this period but I was doing it with so much joy of been able to help people with informations and them appreciating it in return.

December last year I got my first job of 10k to promote a song for an artiste with my brand joining others PR..

Same for January.

But by March , because of my Trust in people ..I started loosing money .. because some guys promising to pay me at the end of the month do refuse to pay me..some to the tune of 30k

Meaning 80% of the job I did I wasn't paid!

It got worsen when these people started coming up with diff excuses to cover up for them not paying me with them blocking me .

But In July I got a better job from a big firm promising to pay Me Big! And I did my over best to serve them!!!!!!!!

This is August ending and they're yet to pay anything..

And now my media brand is now a big one ..very big one on campus but I do not have the ZEAL to work on it again .like I do get annoyed seeing myself online and I am mostly reacting in a bad way to people coming with offers because I do think they're also coming to promise and Pay!

I felt Used!
And as a boss I do have to encourage my guys working on the brand even when I am at the verge of committing suicide!

It's been 3days I updated my accounts last and I do get pissef whenever I even see the brand name!

I've worked worth 200k and I've been paid just 30k in total..the thought do drive me Crazy embarassed

Help me NAIRALANDERS
help me LALASTICLALA
Help me SEUN
help me please

Overlook the blunders
Re: Advice Me! People Owing Me Money Just Killed My Passion For My Brand! by Born2conquer: 7:24pm On Aug 30, 2017
Baloselly:
I suggest you adopt a pay before service scheme even if it's 50% upfront payment.
Like the urge no even dey again ....I don dey frustrated gan.

That moment when you come online and you see the people OWING you money flooding your WhatsApp Story with their Flexing pictures
Re: Advice Me! People Owing Me Money Just Killed My Passion For My Brand! by Alexk2(m): 7:49pm On Aug 30, 2017
No bro., i think your focus and motivation shifted and because your expectation are not met by your new drive, you're left frustrated. Go back to your original motivation; the joy you derive from doing just what you're doing. Now about the money, accept your mistake by not putting in place measures by which you can always recover your money from debtors or better still, insisting on pay before service. You have to learn to protect yourself from such risk next time.
Hey., dont stop bro. Keep it up as long as you know you're doing what is right!

2 Likes

Re: Advice Me! People Owing Me Money Just Killed My Passion For My Brand! by decatalyst(m): 7:55pm On Aug 30, 2017
Born2conquer:

Like the urge no even dey again ....I don dey frustrated gan.

That moment when you come online and you see the people OWING you money flooding your WhatsApp Story with their Flexing pictures

PM @seun and let him mentor you.

I know @seun would have a lot of up and downs stories to tell you that would be of great benefit to you.

Your big breakthrough job may just be around the corner. Don't ever think of giving up!

Remember, quitters don't win and winners don't quit.
Re: Advice Me! People Owing Me Money Just Killed My Passion For My Brand! by Mrjo(m): 8:04pm On Aug 30, 2017
Continue ur work and never be weary
Re: Advice Me! People Owing Me Money Just Killed My Passion For My Brand! by Tos87(m): 8:50pm On Aug 30, 2017
Guy you got it already don't stop now. Dust yourself and get back on.
Re: Advice Me! People Owing Me Money Just Killed My Passion For My Brand! by Born2conquer: 9:52am On Aug 31, 2017
decatalyst:

PM @seun and let him mentor you.

I know @seun would have a lot of up and downs stories to tell you that would be of great benefit to you.

Your big breakthrough job may just be around the corner. Don't ever think of giving up!

Remember, quitters don't win and winners don't quit.

Will he reply?
Re: Advice Me! People Owing Me Money Just Killed My Passion For My Brand! by decatalyst(m): 9:54am On Aug 31, 2017
Born2conquer:

Will he reply?

There is not crime in trying bro.

Then you can read other people's experiences and I am sure you will see positive energy to draw from their experiences.
Re: Advice Me! People Owing Me Money Just Killed My Passion For My Brand! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2017
Born2conquer:
Using a new account,because my real account can be traced to my brand and easy for people to know who I am!
=====
Okay
====
During my 100level days as an undergraduate I discovered that I love staying online and making a name for myself on any social media platform so with that I joined instagram while I was in 100level and within 2 months I already got 10,000 followers with great impression but I wasn't earning money then(not doing it because of money just fun)

Fast forwarded to last year...by January 2016 I already got 50,000 followers mainly into all this instagram gists and blogging and funny stuffs while on campus..with my fame my friends advised to focus my Instagram page also to school so I tried it and I kicked started my media house on campus and within the first semester I already outshone all other existing media houses.

I created account for my IG brand on Facebook likewise on Twitter to Balance it and doing everything to keep it updated to everybody's tastes daily and that especially brought the management attention to my media house.

I recruited students to join me on the brand(Note: I wasn't earning money all through this period but I was doing it with so much joy of been able to help people with informations and them appreciating it in return.

December last year I got my first job of 10k to promote a song for an artiste with my brand joining others PR..

Same for January.

But by March , because of my Trust in people ..I started loosing money .. because some guys promising to pay me at the end of the month do refuse to pay me..some to the tune of 30k

Meaning 80% of the job I did I wasn't paid!

It got worsen when these people started coming up with diff excuses to cover up for them not paying me with them blocking me .

But In July I got a better job from a big firm promising to pay Me Big! And I did my over best to serve them!!!!!!!!

This is August ending and they're yet to pay anything..

And now my media brand is now a big one ..very big one on campus but I do not have the ZEAL to work on it again .like I do get annoyed seeing myself online and I am mostly reacting in a bad way to people coming with offers because I do think they're also coming to promise and Pay!

I felt Used!
And as a boss I do have to encourage my guys working on the brand even when I am at the verge of committing suicide!

It's been 3days I updated my accounts last and I do get pissef whenever I even see the brand name!

I've worked worth 200k and I've been paid just 30k in total..the thought do drive me Crazy embarassed

Help me NAIRALANDERS
help me LALASTICLALA
Help me SEUN
help me please

Overlook the blunders

It's simple,
Ensure that you do pay before service for first time customers. Then for returning customer pay 50% first, then for old customers with proven record of credit worthiness, you can do for credit.

Remember, no friend in business, if you want to make money out of it, ignore friends and focus on it as a business.
May the forces be with you

1 Like

Re: Advice Me! People Owing Me Money Just Killed My Passion For My Brand! by dubemnaija: 9:49pm On Sep 04, 2017
Hello, its high time you turn your passion into income generating venture. The truth is that you still see what you do as a hobby, change ur mindset on it and money will start rolling in.

If you need help managing this, i can be of help bro
Re: Advice Me! People Owing Me Money Just Killed My Passion For My Brand! by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:42pm On Sep 04, 2017
Insist on cash before service from now on. Any client that comes tell them you have reviewed your terms and conditions and you only accept cash before service. You dont have to give up. In business you make mistakes and you learn from it.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me! People Owing Me Money Just Killed My Passion For My Brand! by Born2conquer: 1:53pm On Sep 08, 2017
dubemnaija:
Hello, its high time you turn your passion into income generating venture. The truth is that you still see what you do as a hobby, change ur mindset on it and money will start rolling in.

If you need help managing this, i can be of help bro
Thanks boss

(1) (Reply)

. / Nmc CBT Practice Questions / Your Sincere Advice For Vet Medicals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.