Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB (16823 Views)

Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination / Top Ten Institutions Chosen As First Choice By Candidates In 2018 UTME / UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant Universities Top Applicants’ Choice In 2017 [full List] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by YhungPablo(m): 7:45am On Aug 31, 2017
Abeg make u na no let Lasu become competitive skul for us now o.
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by DangotePikin: 7:51am On Aug 31, 2017
Statsocial:
Which one is kolaodaisi university and kwararafa university aggain

We all know why unilorin wld continue to be the university of first choice.

Lasu isn't much of a surprise too. Since lautech now has k leg many wld be applicant wld seek out lasu.

Covenant has always been the private uni of first choice since time immemorial. You see over 900 folks choosing Nile and Baze university as their first choice in jamb. I am certain these kind of people require some sort of luxury education without having to leave Nigeria.

These kind of ppl would never have schooled in places like UI or UNN even if they got the admission free of charge and by the way even if they wanted they would still get into Fg unis before the poor mass(having that kind of wealth in d nation's capital comes with unprecedented influence). So if private universities didn't exist i can bet my two cent that those folks would be schooling outside these country with our badly needed forex.

Thankfully many in the wealthy class are no longer seeing the need to send out their very young ones to foreign schools for undergraduate studies rather they wld let them do undergrad here and travel out for postgrad-these makes our economy better. While these private universities are educating the wealthy and middleclass they are also doing an important job of keeping them here!

For the rest still running to UK, its a matter of time and they would realise that their wealthy family friends are studying in the likes of Nile, Baze and even Covenant and Babcock(with full bragging rights) and hopefully they would choose those universities instead of leaving the country.

Lalasticlala
some universities actually had only 4 students applying to them. How will they survive?
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by XCLUX(m): 7:54am On Aug 31, 2017
BlueRayDick:
Lasu has been the best state university for some years now so it's not surprising seeing people trying to get in and join the ship.
Get your fact right grin na because of the school fee o who no like cheap thing.
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by Myedujobnews: 7:58am On Aug 31, 2017
To be sincere, The rate people are going to Covenant University is very High and we are saying no money in Nigeria, May Almighty God Help Us in this Country

Get latest Update About Post-UTME Admission

(UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by Flintstone06(m): 8:10am On Aug 31, 2017
Better by Far!

Oloyede tenure was really great!

No cultists and sorts... Am Ali really dropped from that standard. I can only hope the new VC will take the school back to where it belongs.
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by Crestedguy4real: 8:26am On Aug 31, 2017
Spells:
Seems Ahmadu bello University is lagging behind embarassed
fear of book haram,no one want to go to the north again

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by onyeawka80(m): 8:26am On Aug 31, 2017
FroshJaynex:
What of the over hyped Unilag lol
abeg wh unirag epp? sad
FroshJaynex:
What of the over hyped Unilag lol
abeg who unirag epp?
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by zeekeyboy: 8:31am On Aug 31, 2017
The fear of unilag is the beginning of wisdom grin
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by striker07(m): 8:32am On Aug 31, 2017
This headline is misleading, Unilorin is mostly applied to among Federal universities,while LASU and convenant are mostly applied to among state and private universities respectively. Convenant toping private institutions has low numbers of applicants overall.
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by Fidelismaria: 8:41am On Aug 31, 2017
kkk
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 31, 2017
Statsocial:
Which one is kolaodaisi university and kwararafa university aggain

We all know why unilorin wld continue to be the university of first choice.

Lasu isn't much of a surprise too. Since lautech now has k leg many wld be applicant wld seek out lasu.

Covenant has always been the private uni of first choice since time immemorial. You see over 900 folks choosing Nile and Baze university as their first choice in jamb. I am certain these kind of people require some sort of luxury education without having to leave Nigeria.

These kind of ppl would never have schooled in places like UI or UNN even if they got the admission free of charge and by the way even if they wanted they would still get into Fg unis before the poor mass(having that kind of wealth in d nation's capital comes with unprecedented influence). So if private universities didn't exist i can bet my two cent that those folks would be schooling outside these country with our badly needed forex.

Thankfully many in the wealthy class are no longer seeing the need to send out their very young ones to foreign schools for undergraduate studies rather they wld let them do undergrad here and travel out for postgrad-these makes our economy better. While these private universities are educating the wealthy and middleclass they are also doing an important job of keeping them here!

For the rest still running to UK, its a matter of time and they would realise that their wealthy family friends are studying in the likes of Nile, Baze and even Covenant and Babcock(with full bragging rights) and hopefully they would choose those universities instead of leaving the country.

Lalasticlala
Can these private universities give them the quality education they need?
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 31, 2017
Rorachy:
Far better than what is available in public universities.

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 31, 2017
DangotePikin:
some universities actually had only 4 students applying to them. How will they survive?
Na dem know Na. When ppl kept telling NUC not to give private licences for universities carelessly they refused to listen. Now they would start seeing the consequences. Most likely that chrisland would seek to admit ppl that couldn't get admission in other top rated private universities or public universities. The fate of some private universities in Nigeria is gloomy. They simply may not exist in the next Ten years.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by comrChris(m): 9:18am On Aug 31, 2017
Very misleading headline. One would think Lasu and Covenant came second n third respectively among all the universities

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by dennisworld1(m): 9:20am On Aug 31, 2017
Emzyme:
Why didn't they release dis stats since
Weh person for don't put DAT edo state university deh wait for call say make I resume skul asap

400+ candidates imagine

Shey change of institution still deh available
only d school fees u go run o. 700k
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 31, 2017
striker07:
This headline is misleading, Unilorin is mostly applied to among Federal universities,while LASU and convenant are mostly applied to among state and private universities respectively. Convenant toping private institutions has low numbers of applicants overall.
Nothing misleading about this. I don't need to even read the content to know what they meant. I don't think anyone would assume Covenant has more application than OAU or UNN considering fees paid in CU.
Secondly, covenant does not hv low application at all. The university only enrols about 1,500 yearly and has close to 3,000 first choice selection. Now what about second choice which Is definitely higher.

3 Likes

Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by Yyeske(m): 9:25am On Aug 31, 2017
Unilorin my alma mater, better by far. UI and even Unilag are nowhere close to her

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 31, 2017
nNEOo:
With the low no of applicants for the private unis one would think they'll slash their fees by half to encourage more ppl .....

They schools admit students bellow carrying capacity of the school and yet they won't slash price to attract students .....
CU does not want more students though. And it has no space for more than half of ppl who chose it as first choice talk less of second choice. But I understand your point though.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by Alexk2(m): 9:53am On Aug 31, 2017
Afam4eva:

What will you say about ABU that came second?
Remember it isnt only because of unbroken academic calender that Unilorin is topping the list. It only shows that ABU is catching up in other areas.
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by BlueRayDick: 10:11am On Aug 31, 2017
XCLUX:
Get your fact right grin na because of the school fee o who no like cheap thing.
Which fact are you talking about here? The school has been the best state school and one of the the top ten universities in the country for 3years running and you are talking about being ing cheap. Even when the school fees was increased to 250k before it was reverted people still applied.
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by SwagPower: 10:25am On Aug 31, 2017
mayoor15:
Thanks to no strike, schools like OAU, UI, ABU remains d school to beat in terms of standard, I studied at unilorin so don't bother terming me a hater, the standard in our beloved school has fallen and is falling at a very fast pace, we only hope the new VC takes the school back to Oloyede days.
and he Wld u knw dt wen U've not attended doz skuls to compare. ..
Everyystudent Dey curse principal wey Dey deir skul. .grin..
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by gwinaB(m): 10:29am On Aug 31, 2017
Emzyme:
Why didn't they release dis stats since
Weh person for don't put DAT edo state university deh wait for call say make I resume skul asap

400+ candidates imagine

Shey change of institution still deh available

Ask for the fee first
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by mapet: 11:15am On Aug 31, 2017
DangotePikin:

That is the sense behind the new approach by JAMB that is much vilified for the "low" cut-off mark people ignorantly vent their spleen on. JAMB has now computerised and centralised admission process. So students with 5 O'level credit score can be "re-allocated" to apply to these under-enrolled schools. These schools will naturally be low-graded for starters, hence their cut-off marks will be closer to 120, so that they can shore-up enrollment.
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by encryptjay(m): 11:16am On Aug 31, 2017
Ahmadu Bello University Second but it's just like the school is not on the list. Silent achievers.
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by mapet: 11:17am On Aug 31, 2017
striker07:

The headline is not misleading. You're not expected to read only the headline and make inference without reading the body
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by mapet: 11:17am On Aug 31, 2017
Rorachy:

Why not?
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by encryptjay(m): 11:19am On Aug 31, 2017
Crestedguy4real:
fear of book haram,no one want to go to the north again
Say you don't want to go to the North but don't say Boko Haram. They're are people from all parts of the country trooping in year in, year out.
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by mapet: 11:19am On Aug 31, 2017
BlueRayDick:

XCLUX: :
Which fact are you talking about here? The school has been the best state school and one of the the top ten universities in the country for 3years running and you are talking about being ing cheap. Even when the school fees was increased to 250k before it was reverted people still applied.

People like me are fortunate then. My last school fees in that school was Ninety Naira (N90)
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by nNEOo(m): 11:22am On Aug 31, 2017
Statsocial:

CU does not want more students though. And it has no space for more than half of ppl who chose it as first choice talk less of second choice. But I understand your point though.

I was referring to the whole private uni not just CU

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by NoToPile: 11:51am On Aug 31, 2017
Not surprised Lasu has been (and still is ) the best state university for sometime now.
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by iShadow(m): 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2017
chai..
where is my school (unilag) no.one's talking about it undecidedchai..
where is my school (unilag) no.one's talking about it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abu Zaria 2007/2008 Admission / Theft, Sex Scandal : LASU To Sack Six Lecturers / Oau 2010/2011 Predegree Entrance Exam Cut-off And Admission Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.