Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt (33605 Views)

Man Thanks God As He Emerges Unhurt From Ghastly Accident / Occupants Escape Unhurt As Container Falls On Vehicle In Ikorodu (Photo) / Drunk Man And His Girlfriend Were Unhurt After Killing About 6 People In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:24am On Aug 31, 2017
bignero:

typical of...

black men always reasoning like lower animals...especially in nigeria

people almost lost their lives and what you can come up with is mockery and debate about how God himself made you the GO of drivers?...think about that for a second

technical my foot.

shame on you,you lack the basic know on how to argue technically, especially considering the fact that its your terrain so i wont waste my time.
id rather console and act civil than descending to your level
your craft is cars yet your ignorant of the saying that ''a driver also drives the next two cars behind him''

mr itk,yet knows nothing

Understand why the accident happened in the first place.

1. there was no mention of contact between Both vehicles.

2. There was an account by the Original posted that driver Did not respond on time

3. It is already obvious they were going over the speed limits.

read a bit about roll overs and watch a few videos.

Vehicle rollovers are divided into two categories: tripped and untripped. Tripped rollovers are caused by forces from an external object, such as a curb or a collision with another vehicle. Untripped crashes are the result of steering input, speed, and friction with the ground.[2]

Untripped rollovers occur when cornering forces destabilize the vehicle. As a vehicle rounds a corner, three forces act on it: tire forces (the centripetal force), inertial effects (the centrifugal force), and gravity. The cornering forces from the tire push the vehicle towards the center of the curve. This force acts at ground level, below the center of mass. The force of inertia acts horizontally through the vehicle's center of mass away from the center of the turn. These two forces make the vehicle roll towards the outside of the curve. The force of the vehicle's weight acts downward through the center of mass in the opposite direction. When the tire and inertial forces are enough to overcome the force of gravity, the vehicle starts to turn over.

The most common type of tripped rollover occurs when a vehicle is sliding sideways, and the tires strike a curb, dig into soft ground, or a similar event occurs that results in a sudden increase in lateral force. The physics are similar to cornering rollovers. In a 2003 report, this was the most common mechanism, accounting for 71% of single-vehicle rollovers. [3]

Another type of tripped rollover occurs due to a collision with another vehicle or object. These occur when the collision causes the vehicle to become unstable, such as when a narrow object causes one side of the vehicle to accelerate upwards, but not the other. Turned down guard rail end sections have been shown to do this. A side impact can accelerate a vehicle sideways. The tires resist the change, and the coupled forces rotate the vehicle. In 1983, crash tests showed that light trucks were prone to rolling over after colliding with certain early designs of guide rail.[4]

A rollover can also occur as a vehicle crosses a ditch or slope. Slopes steeper than 33% (one vertical unit rise or fall per three horizontal units) are called "critical slopes" because they can cause most vehicles to overturn.[5]

A vehicle may roll over for other reasons, such as when hitting a large obstacle with one of its wheels or when maneuvering over uneven terrain.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover

Lastly, no one has the monopoly of insults, im currently on my best behaviour wink.

Jah be praised, 1 love brother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by Donpizzle(m): 10:24am On Aug 31, 2017
ademidedavid:
we were travelling to ado ekiti for the burial of one of our staff yesterday 29th of August. on getting to ilesha's road, our driver wanted to overtake a j5 driven by an aboki who decided to swarve on our lane and before the driver could control the Toyota matrix, it was already sumersaulting. it was a miracle that we all came out safe from the car after several sumersalting.

Your driver was at fault. Thank God for your life... Always horn before overtaking

3 Likes

Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by dokiOloye(m): 10:24am On Aug 31, 2017
okenwaa:

No mind d@ mumu.....
You go dey drive ur car dey drive for anoda person join??

What if a driver rams into you from behind and it results to an accident,does d@ make u an inexperienced driver??

Thank God for your life bro

I don't care na for person wey e neve come for before.
Grow up and stop reasoning with sentiments.
He clearly stated d cause of d accident,d J5 driver in front swerving suddenly and this is a normal occurrence on our roads,I travel 70km thro and 70km fro at least 4 times per week on d rowdy Mararaba/Nyanya road and if I were to lose control every time d taxi driver in front sees a potential passenger and swerves,I'd be dead and long gone by now.There's a psychology behind driving,if U wanna overtake and d man in front of U looks at his mirror or suddenly makes more way for u and stays well into his lane,that means he has seen U and is anticipating Ur move,but if he hasn't done any of that,U might need to remind him wt a tap of Ur horn and putting on Ur trafficators(don't know if I got d spelling right)
Now,looking at it technically,2 or 3 things must have been involved,overspeeding,over reacting and poor judgement all on d Matrix driver's side.
Like I said before,if every driver were to lose control every time d one in his front suddenly swerved,then d carnage on d roads would've been of epidemic proportions.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by Kingbuhari(m): 10:33am On Aug 31, 2017
Op your time never reach... So live your life as if there is no tomorrow, one day you must surely succumb to the willpower

1 Like

Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by ademidedavid(f): 10:35am On Aug 31, 2017
Donpizzle:

Your driver is at fault. Thank God for your life... Always horn before overtaking
he actually did but it just happened so suddenly....thanks
Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by timifakay(m): 10:40am On Aug 31, 2017
ademidedavid:
we were travelling to ado ekiti for the burial of one of our staff yesterday 29th of August. on getting to ilesha's road, our driver wanted to overtake a j5 driven by an aboki who decided to swarve on our lane and before the driver could control the Toyota matrix, it was already sumersaulting. it was a miracle that we all came out safe from the car after several sumersalting.

Sorry for the loss (the car).
But I don't understand the topic, people survive in worse damaged vehicles, why should your case be different... Be positive.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by okenwaa(m): 10:45am On Aug 31, 2017
dokiOloye:
Grow up and stop reasoning with sentiments.
He clearly stated d cause of d accident,d J5 driver in front swerving suddenly and this is a normal occurrence on our roads,I travel 70km thro and 70km fro at least 4 times per week on d rowdy Mararaba/Nyanya road and if I were to lose control every time d taxi driver in front sees a potential passenger and swerves,I'd be dead and long gone by now.There's a psychology behind driving,if U wanna overtake and d man in front of U looks at his mirror or suddenly makes more way for u and stays well into his lane,that means he has seen U and is anticipating Ur move,but if he hasn't done any of that,U might need to remind him wt a tap of Ur horn and putting on Ur trafficators(don't know if I got d spelling right)
Now,looking at it technically,2 or 3 things must have been involved,overspeeding,over reacting and poor judgement all on d Matrix driver's side.
Like I said before,if every driver were to lose control every time d one in his front suddenly swerved,then d carnage on d roads would've been of epidemic proportions.

No worry yourself baba GTA.....
You go see the one wey pass u one day

Lemme tell u a little story...

Back then in secondary sch,one of our students drowned in a river close to the school.......and you know what?? He happens to be the Michael Phelps of our school then. The guy stays in lag and has been sneaking out to swim in d@ river with friends until d@ particular day d@ one of his friends challenged him d@ he won't be able to swim in the river and he bragged that he swims in bar beach talk more of this small one........and then he jumped inside and started shouting immediately. His friends thought he wanted to prank them cus they know he's a fish when it comes to swimming and didn't take him serious and d@ was how it all ended for him.
May his soul continue to rest in peace(14years now)

What I'm I trying to say
Even F1 drivers have died in car accidents.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by ufuosman(m): 10:45am On Aug 31, 2017
Thank God for your life

1 Like

Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by ademidedavid(f): 10:46am On Aug 31, 2017
timifakay:

Sorry for the loss (the car).
thanks, but our lives is worth more than the wrecked car
Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by kingreign(m): 10:47am On Aug 31, 2017
ademidedavid:

Did you count the number of times it sumersaulted?
angry

1 Like

Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by ademidedavid(f): 10:53am On Aug 31, 2017
kingreign:

Did you count the number of times it sumersaulted?
angry
though the sumersalting was a very fast one and that was why I said it was more than 5 times right from the main road to the spot the car is.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by iamjavadem(m): 10:54am On Aug 31, 2017
Good to know you are okay, i hope the car is well insured?
Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by iamjavadem(m): 10:55am On Aug 31, 2017
Donpizzle:

Your driver is at fault. Thank God for your life... Always horn before overtaking
Are you sure you drive in naija? Even if you horn some bastards will still enter, some people have no joy.
Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 31, 2017
Driven by aboki?

Must you deploy tribal sentiments??
Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by RoyalBlak007: 11:01am On Aug 31, 2017
Briee:
The bad one should happen to you. Don't forget to create a thread

♤ I used to think married women were sensible and matured

♤... yours is an exception...No wonder you don't have a happy marriage

1 Like

Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by Freeman50(m): 11:01am On Aug 31, 2017
ademidedavid:
You need a proper medical checkup... such incidence might lead internal bleeding of which you may not notice immediately.
All same.....thank God for your life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by Freeman50(m): 11:02am On Aug 31, 2017
ademidedavid:
You need a proper medical checkup... such incidence might lead to what we call internal bleeding of which you may not notice immediately.
All same.....thank God for your life.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by Engrr(m): 11:13am On Aug 31, 2017
Thank Your seat-belt!
Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by brandmix: 11:13am On Aug 31, 2017
princetom1:

Ok sir. We thank God for ur life. Make sure to do a proper check up in a standard hospital sir.
This is very important

1 Like

Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by freshvine(f): 11:15am On Aug 31, 2017
The day I ran into a pool of water on a express road doing 130 km per hour and still live to narrate the story, then I know I am a professional driver.

That day it seem I was dragging the steering wheel with unseen demons

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by Antoeni(m): 11:16am On Aug 31, 2017
You shouted JESUS dat was what saved you
Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by makydebbie(f): 11:16am On Aug 31, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

That was a wrong thing to say, you don't use people's situation to insult and judge them. Because you don't know tomorrow, you don't know how yours will be.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by tete7000(m): 11:19am On Aug 31, 2017
ademidedavid:

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by Antoeni(m): 11:19am On Aug 31, 2017
You 're not a professional driver. GOD SAVED U, SO GIVE GOD HIS HONOR ,THANKS AND PRAISES
Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by mejai(m): 11:31am On Aug 31, 2017
freshvine:
The day I ran into a pool of water on a express road doing 130 km per hour and still live to narrate the story, then I know I am a professional driver.

That day it seem I was dragging the steering wheel with unseen demons
See the unseen demons....hydroplaning!!! very dangerous.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by Briee(f): 11:35am On Aug 31, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

Lol, you wanted a worst accident and I said you should experience one and you are crying fowl grin

Wish others what you wish yourself.

I'm the happiest person on earth
Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 31, 2017
Thank God for your life and the life of your colleagues,.
Thank God for seat belt, did you driver horn before overtaking?
Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by Donpizzle(m): 11:42am On Aug 31, 2017
iamjavadem:

Are you sure you drive in naija? Even if you horn some bastards will still enter, some people have no joy.

True...
Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by olisaemeka1(m): 11:45am On Aug 31, 2017
alezzy13:
All of you castigating gazzuzz should take a chill.

Fact remains, what OP describes has happened to me multiple times.

On the Oee-shagamu road, this is VERY common. You're trying to overtake a car and then suddenly it veers to the left in attempt to dodge a pothole, without checking the rearview mirror. As a driver you should be prepared on how to evade it.
I beg to disagree .....I have been hailed as a professional driver (being that I stick to the rules and still do my normal swag driving) next year would have made it 20yrs without an accident ...yes without an accident and I had planned to actually mark it ...until 2weeks back ..a trip to uyo from lagos everything was going fine until this guy came out from no where at ore and tried to pull a wonderful stunt of forcing an overtake while I was already overtaking a trailer ...summary is I noticed with my sharp reflex and tried to avoid him ...that was my doom ...it was raining and an accident had just occurred the day before with a tanker fully loaded with diesel spilling it's contents on the road ...I lost control of the car in a split second and my brakes won't work as the car just kept sliding cos of the diesel spill till I crashed on the road divider..thereby ruining my 20th anniversary....now what I'm I saying..no matter how professional we are or how good we are we cannot control some of the events that we encounter..we only pray that God takes full control all the time.

At op...congrats and thank God for life...even if your car summesaulted once it's not easy ....after all you did not plan to have an accident when u started the journey....@gazzuz and Co .....I learnt that day that no one is a professional ...Na God dey save us...and may He continue saving us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by RoyalBlak007: 12:01pm On Aug 31, 2017
Briee:
Lol, you wanted a worst accident and I said you should experience one and you are crying fowl grin

Wish others what you wish yourself.

I'm the happiest person on earth

♤ Seems "happy" has got a new definition grin

♤Keep deceiving yourself....when in reality... you've been sober for aoens.→→ smh for you sad
Re: I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt by charity96(f): 12:03pm On Aug 31, 2017
thank God for u oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trailer Kills Man In Benin (Viewer's Discretion Strongly Advised) / A Nairalander's Experience At Arochukwu Waterfall, Indeed Amazing(photos, Video) / Lagos Conductors To Start Wearing Uniforms And Badges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.