Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,738 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Hope: First Nigerian Sci-fi Book - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hope: First Nigerian Sci-fi Book (405 Views)

SONS OF WAR - THE PROPHET SCI-FI - C2P4 UPDATED / The Big Mermaid (an Afro fantasy /sci-fi Short Story) / ADAM (rebooted)--dark Fantasy/sci-fi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hope: First Nigerian Sci-fi Book by mikeycharles(m): 9:42pm On Aug 30, 2017
HOPE

Chapter one
SATURN

Dr. Brian, head of the astrobiology department at the University of Sinaderia in Australia, currently working on an experiment in his personal laboratory at home.
“I have a PhD in Animal Biology and I still can’t understand the genetic code, I must be missing something but what is it?”
Frustrated and annoyed at his state of confusion, he removed his lab coat and retreats to his sitting room; a very spacious room, disorganized and books scattered all over the place with a holographic screen placed at the centre, a new message pops up, his fellow lecturer Miss Renee.
“Dr. Brian your students are waiting for you at the office”,
Surprised at the content of the message since there was no lecture for him today and besides he was on a sick leave, well what could be the problem he thought.
Driving to the majestic University located in the heart of Sinaderia, Dr. Brian made sure to park his carefully to avoid any scratch, as he alighted from his vehicle some of his students and his fellow lectures greeted him him. Walking straight to his office, some students were patiently waiting for him at his doorstep, he opened it and let them in. Some were here to submit their project work, assignments etc.
Turning on the TV in his office.
“I’m Jimmy Kieran live at the NASA base station in Kantervey, well NASA is planning to send a space ship all the way to Saturn, the planet with the rings, since the discovery of Eonium and its special medicinal properties there has a been a worldwide search for this rare element, according to reports made by NASA, Saturn has an abundance of Eonium needed to…”
“Eonium, a golden colored element with special properties maybe that’s the final ingredient to my work” thought Dr. Brian.
Miss Renee, a young, beautiful woman with raven coloured hair, piercing green eyes, narrow nose, plump lips and a tanned skin, she was admired by everyone, rushing in into Dr. Brian’s office
“You won’t believe what I just heard, NASA will be selecting some of us to go to Saturn, Saturn I mean Saturn, that’s like mind blowing right”
Amused by her enthusiasm Dr. Brian chuckled. “You know, I wish they could pick the both of us, it’ll be Renee and Brian to Saturn, like a romance novel.” she smiled while saying this.
Dr. Brian was well aware of her crush on him, I mean what’s there not to like, he is tall, handsome, perfectly shaped brown eyes, jet black hair and a smile that could melt the whole of Antarctica. The feelings he had for her was still platonic, he knew if he were to put in effort he might just “put the ring on it”.
Thinking about the trip to Saturn he imagined what the planet would look like, already in the year 2020, humans had already been to Mars back and forth but Saturn that’s a bit of a stretch.
“Would you like to go out on a date with me.” he blurted out, her eyes bulged out like they were about to explode.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Author Drops Price Of Poetry Book / Horrific Fiction : Listen Chapter Four / That Stupid Arguments In Your Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.