Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,278 members, 7,807,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job (7880 Views)

Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities / 5 Habits That Will Increase Your Chances Of Landing A Job / Do You Need A Better Job 2020? Come in! Lets get you a job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by kellyjoesteve: 9:17am On Aug 31, 2017
Though am not a graduate but i have been privilege to be in one or two place's Bro believe me when i say this ''Get I.T Training'' thank me later.

For your Businesss idea, and management, job-tips, available loans and important of insurance check my signature
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:37am On Aug 31, 2017
And what do u think can improve hs chance.
KingSHUAIBU:

He asked for what to do to improve his chances
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by castro316: 9:41am On Aug 31, 2017
Paulscholari:
I have a first degree second class lower in Demography and Social Statistics, going to 6 years now. But I've not been able to get a job above 50k. Some of those years, I was even without a job. What can I do to better my chances.

Hello. You can call me on this line. My problem with you people is that, you will see work, you will run. I have tried a few people in nairaland they Only know how to wail but can't act. I know you too will do the same. Here is my number: 08092431893
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by michealewela: 10:14am On Aug 31, 2017
castro316:

Hello. You can call me on this line. My problem with you people is that, you will see work, you will run. I have tried a few people in nairaland they Only know how to wail but can't act. I know you too will do the same. Here is my number: 08092431893
Can someone else call
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by clemmonce(m): 10:15am On Aug 31, 2017
This is what I am personally doing. I am doing an online course on Ms Excel I want to be a pro in it. amazingly I almost becoming one.
I am also looking online for good courses i can learn. Someoene mention data analysis.. maybe I can learn that since I love working on the pc... it is just improving your self.... don't stop.
I am also in your shoes.....
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by castro316: 10:30am On Aug 31, 2017
michealewela:

Can someone else call

Yes! All and sundry. As long as you are able to work. FYI I stay in lagos. So if you are in lagos, it is an added advantage
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 31, 2017
Paulscholari:
I have a first degree second class lower in Demography and Social Statistics, going to 6 years now. But I've not been able to get a job above 50k. Some of those years, I was even without a job. What can I do to better my chances.

Learn skills,I mean learn,. One thing that pisses me off is when I see people mention what they graduated with as the indirect reason they have employment issues .

My dear it could be other factors like you have poor communication skills, you are not good at critical thinking, or most employers just don't find you believable ..

Either way I can help you, but I will change you. If have to meet you and assess where you weakeneses lie...
Then I will charge you for weekend trainings Saturday and Sunday. But I will charge nothing less than 50k upwards ..
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by IwantToKnow: 10:33am On Aug 31, 2017
shams040:
try learn GIS

Interested in learning GIS, but how do one start and what does it take to learn it. can one learn it perfectly online and how can one get GIS data sets for different phenomena in nigeira
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by IwantToKnow: 10:37am On Aug 31, 2017
shams040:
try learn GIS

Interested in learning GIS, but how do one start and what does it take to learn it. can one learn it perfectly online and how can one get the required GIS data sets for different phenomena in nigeira
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by michealewela: 10:38am On Aug 31, 2017
castro316:

Yes! All and sundry. As long as you are able to work. FYI I stay in lagos. So if you are in lagos, it is an added advantage
Alright thanks, I'm in port Harcourt at the moment. Is there anything else i can do??
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by castro316: 10:44am On Aug 31, 2017
michealewela:

Alright thanks, I'm in port Harcourt at the moment. Is there anything else i can do??

Why do you want this job. If you have someone you can stay with in. Lagos, it is worth a try. Can you drive?
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by ogawisdom(m): 10:44am On Aug 31, 2017
Paulscholari:

Entreprenuership is d way
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by COUNSELME: 10:47am On Aug 31, 2017
Self development,improve on yourself,do things differently,further on your course if you have the resources,study,work harder than before, call a professional business and career counselor for free on 092749494 or chat on counselme.ng for more advice
Paulscholari:
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by michealewela: 10:59am On Aug 31, 2017
castro316:

Why do you want this job. If you have someone you can stay with in. Lagos, it is worth a try. Can you drive?
Alright no problem,.
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 31, 2017
dustydee:

Learn data analytics or digital marketing. Data analytics is the in thing now and companies are increasingly looking for people with data skills. If you have the time, interest and motivation you could learn data science which is a notch up from data analytics.
sorry, but where can one learn this digital marketing stuff. Are there org dat teach them or is it online?
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 31, 2017
clemmonce:
This is what I am personally doing. I am doing an online course on Ms Excel I want to be a pro in it. amazingly I almost becoming one.
I am also looking online for good courses i can learn. Someoene mention data analysis.. maybe I can learn that since I love working on the pc... it is just improving your self.... don't stop.
pls what platform are u learning it on. Am interested
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by fem88(m): 11:16am On Aug 31, 2017
Lakeside79:

Learn skills,I mean learn,. One thing that pisses me off is when I see people mention what they graduated with as the indirect reason they have employment issues .

My dear it could be other factors like you have poor communication skills, you are not good at critical thinking, or most employers just don't find you believable ..

Either way I can help you, but I will change you. If have to meet you and assess where you weakeneses lie...
Then I will charge you for weekend trainings Saturday and Sunday. But I will charge nothing less than 50k upwards ..

So you think the best way to help him is to target his 50k monthly income? Na wa oo
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 31, 2017
fem88:

So you think the best way to help him is to target his 50k monthly income? Na wa oo

People only put in their best when they pay for the service

Besides I said I would charge 50k upwwrds
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by dustydee: 11:30am On Aug 31, 2017
IamZod:
sorry, but where can one learn this digital marketing stuff. Are there org dat teach them or is it online?
There are several free resources like youtube.
You can enroll in google's digital garage course free.

https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalgarage/

This site below is not free but gives you work experience:

https://www.careerinsights.tv/free-trial/aaaaaaahSCS
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by fem88(m): 11:32am On Aug 31, 2017
Lakeside79:

People only put in their best when they pay for the service

Besides I said I would charge 50k upwwrds

Ok sir
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 31, 2017
dustydee:
There are several free resources like youtube. You can enroll in google's digital garage course free.
https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalgarage/
This site below is not free but gives you work experience:
thks
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by clemmonce(m): 11:42am On Aug 31, 2017
IamZod:
pls what platform are u learning it on. Am interested
pm me
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by castro316: 11:53am On Aug 31, 2017
michealewela:

Alright no problem,.
No you didn't get me. I want to know why you need this. Is it for money, or you have dreams to make come true or to want to satisfy for parents? Your answer means a lot. Moreover, It. Will be an added advantage if you have people staying in lagos
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 31, 2017
clemmonce:
pm me
i wish i could, but i can't access my email for now. You would do well to tell me here. Thanks.
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by johnpaulbuddy(m): 12:13pm On Aug 31, 2017
dustydee:

Learn data analytics or digital marketing. Data analytics is the in thing now and companies are increasingly looking for people with data skills. If you have the time, interest and motivation you could learn data science which is a notch up from data analytics.
How can 1 learn this,bro
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 31, 2017
learn additional skills, meet people, change your location to a better place with more employment opportunities or better still manage ur 50k job and start learning how to game u might probably be able to make 1m with that u can become your own boss rather than sitting down in an office or roaming down looking for sales with long rope attached to your neck like goat rope from 8-5pm everyday..but if I were u earning 50k is OK cuz I would av invested with it by now I for don get company... all na sense
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by CellTabRepair20: 12:25pm On Aug 31, 2017
Just #Learn

Get the book "IT Career: A Roadmap" and learn...
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by FellaL: 1:04pm On Aug 31, 2017
I like this thread
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by dustydee: 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2017
johnpaulbuddy:
How can 1 learn this,bro
Search youtube or edx.org, coursera.org, udacity.com
see coursera courses here:

https://www.coursera.org/courses?languages=en&query=data+analytics
You don't have to pay except if you need a certificate.

Also try this site, they offer job experience where you work on real projects:

Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by michealewela: 3:27pm On Aug 31, 2017
castro316:

No you didn't get me. I want to know why you need this. Is it for money, or you have dreams to make come true or to want to satisfy for parents? Your answer means a lot. Moreover, It. Will be an added advantage if you have people staying in lagos
I don't have someone i can stay with in lagos and no drivers license....
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by michealewela: 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2017
CellTabRepair20:
Just #Learn

Get the book "IT Career: A Roadmap" and learn...
Is the book online??
Re: What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job by hrhbae: 3:53pm On Aug 31, 2017
clemmonce:
pls, I'm interested in Ms Excel online course. pls, which do u consider good enough?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dear 2017 Beneficiaries we are working on validating your deployment and entries / Pre-employment Application Form From EPCM Engineers / Job Kit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.