Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,784 members, 7,806,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

The Word For Today - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Word For Today (30370 Views)

Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Thursday, 12/10/2017 / Lifeway Christian Centre: The Word For Today! Tuesday, 26/09/2017 / The Word For Today, Tuesday, 29th August, 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:20am On Mar 05, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THE GOD FACTOR ON YOUR JOB

Tuesday, 5th March, 2019

'We are partners working together for God.' 1 Corinthians 3:9 GNT

The biggest plus factor you can have on your job is the God factor. Paul writes, 'We are partners working together for God' (1 Corinthians 3:9 GNT). Consider these three powerful words: 'together with God'.

A surgeon in a large city hospital had a habit of insisting on a few minutes alone before he performed an operation. He had an outstanding reputation, and one of the young doctors who worked with him wondered if there might be a correlation between this habit of spending time alone and the man's success. He asked the surgeon about it and he answered, 'Yes. Before each operation I ask the Great Physician to guide my hands in their work. There have been times when I didn't know what to do next in a surgery, and then came the power to go on - power I knew came from God. I would not think of performing an operation without asking his help.' The surgeon's words quickly spread through the hospital, then across the country. One day a father brought his daughter to the hospital, insisting that the only doctor he would allow to touch her was 'the one who worked with God'.

The Bible says, 'Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths' (Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV). Note, it doesn't say don't 'use' your understanding - it says don't 'lean' on it. Instead, lean on God. 'Acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths.' If you want success on the job, this is a proven formula for achieving it.

Soulfood: Exo 28-29 Luke 14:1-14 Ps 106:1-23 Pro 7:1-2.

Courtesy: Grace So Amazing Foundation
Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 9:09am On Mar 06, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

WHAT WE'LL DO IN HEAVEN

Wednesday, 6th March, 2019

'To depart and be with Christ...is better by far.' Philippians 1:23 NIV

Imagine boarding a plane for your dream holiday when suddenly the pilot announces, 'Welcome aboard. After take-off we'll serve you a wonderful meal and do all we can to make your flight enjoyable. However, I need to tell you - we have no destination. That's right; we're just going to keep flying until we run out of fuel and drop into the ocean.' No matter how wonderful the journey is, what's the point if there's no destination?

God's Word says, 'If our hope in Christ is only for this life, we are more to be pitied than anyone in the world' (1 Corinthians 15:19 NLT). Thank God there's more! It's called Heaven. And it's 'better by far' than anything we've experienced in this life. If you're wondering what we'll do when we get there, the Bible says we'll serve the Lord (see Revelation 22:3). You won't be issued a halo, a long woolly robe and a harp, and be assigned to sit on a cloud and strum for all eternity. No, we'll each serve the Lord in different capacities. Think of it: no midlife crisis, no downsizing and no burnout.

On earth we fail, we get tired, we get frustrated, and our motives are mixed. But not there! Can you imagine serving the one you love most, doing the thing you enjoy most, and doing it in a body that's forever energised? That's Heaven! And the ultimate bliss will be seeing Jesus face to face. 'I will see your face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake in your likeness' (Psalm 17:15 NKJV).

Soulfood: Exo 30-32 Luke 14:15-24 Ps 106:24-48 Pro 7:3-5.

Credit: Grace So Amazing Foundation
Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:50am On Mar 07, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

DO YOU HAVE THIS JOY

Thursday, 7th March, 2019

'This is the fresh, new, life-giving way that Christ has opened up for us.' Hebrews 10:20 TLB

In the Old Testament, there were more religious laws than anybody could possibly keep: over six hundred. And every time you failed, you had to offer an animal sacrifice as atonement. This resulted in people trying and failing; feeling guilty and trying harder; failing again and making more sacrifices. It was a never-ending cycle.

Then Jesus came and opened up 'the fresh, new, life-giving way...for us' (Hebrews 10:20 TLB) to have a relationship with God. His way included forgiveness for sin, and the replacement of sacrifices with faith in him. For many it was just too good to be true, so they kept working and trying to impress God with their goodness. Are you doing that?

One Christian author writes: 'I lived that way for years. It meant having to do everything perfectly; otherwise I was in trouble with God. Since this was an impossible standard to keep, it stole all my peace and joy. While I was trying to walk in love, I wasn't a very loving person. I couldn't give others what I didn't know how to receive myself! I wasn't receiving God's mercy for my failures; therefore I couldn't offer it to anybody else. I tried to follow all the rules, many that weren't even scriptural - just things to feel guilty about. But thank God I don't have to live that way anymore. Now I'm not working to be saved, I'm working because I am saved! My salvation isn't based on what I do, but solely on what Jesus has done for me.' When you understand this truth, your relationship with God is no longer a job - it's a joy.

Soulfood: Exo 33-35 Luke 14:25-35 Ps 112 Pro 7:6-9.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:53am On Mar 08, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

HELPING OTHERS 1

Friday, 8th March, 2019

'They would not listen or respond.' Jeremiah 32:33 NIV

There are people we can't help - at least not right now. Notice what God said about the Israelites: 'Though I taught them again and again, they would not listen or respond' (Jeremiah 32:33 NIV). Now, if God himself can't help them, what chance do we have?

Let's look at these people who usually can't be helped: (1) People who keep making excuses. Excuses are a crutch for lack of commitment and a smoke-screen for self-justification. We can't help someone until they're willing to take responsibility for their life and apply the solutions of Scripture. Think:?if they won't listen to God, what difference will our opinion make? (2) People who move in the wrong circles. The Bible says, 'Bad company corrupts good character' (1 Corinthians 15:33 NLT). There are people who simply don't belong in our life, and we can't move forward until we break the link that connects us. The company we keep influences our conduct and character, and those two things decide our future. (3) People who blame God for their problems. When trouble comes, they ask, 'Why did God allow this to happen to me?' The fact is, we'll never see God as our solution until we stop seeing him as our problem.

God laid it on the line for his people: 'I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life' (Deuteronomy 30:19 NKJV). If you want to keep from getting discouraged, love people and pray for them, but spend your time with those who are willing to be helped.

Soulfood: Exo 36-38 Luke 15:1-10 Ps 27 Pro 7:10-20.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:54am On Mar 12, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

WHAT ARE YOUR BOUNDARIES

Tuesday, 12th March, 2019

'I can do all things...' Philippians 4:12 NCV

Rigid boundaries cause you to shut other people out and live unprepared and ill-equipped for the give-and-take that healthy relationships require. Permeable boundaries leave you defenseless against 'users' who feel entitled to manipulate you and who expect to be taken care of at your expense.

But flexible boundary people are competent in living their own life, yet with a balanced and healthy interest in others. They can be generous in sharing their time, compassion and resources, without becoming overly responsible, or betraying their God-given duty to be the unique person he made them, just to please others. They say, 'I can be in a relationship with you, without giving up being me!' They don't let you violate their boundaries, and they know how to keep from violating yours. Unlike rigid people, they bend and adjust as circumstances require, without becoming overwhelmed, defensive, resentful, blaming or reactive. In tough situations they roll with the punches, stay focused and draw on a well of inner strength which God provides.

Paul was such a person: I have learned the secret of being happy at any time in everything that happens... I can do all things through Christ, because he gives me strength' (Philippians 4:12-13 NCV). People and circumstances don't control them; they flex, and let God take charge. They are helpful, but they don't feel guilty because they can't 'fix' everybody. Their boundaries enable them to adjust to circumstances. They practise the principle, 'Bear one another's burdens...' (Galatians 6:2 NKJV), without doing too much or being responsible for others.

Soulfood: Job 5-7 Luke 16:19-31 Ps 26 Pro 7:26-27.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:27am On Mar 13, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

YOUR CHILDREN NEED YOUR TIME

Wednesday, 13th March, 2019

'Let the little children come to me.' Mark 10:14 NKJV

Can you imagine how these children felt when Jesus rebuked his own disciples for pushing them away, and said, 'Come to me'? How many destinies were changed that day because he loved these little ones and took time for them? He gave them something every child needs and deserves - self-worth and the dignity of their own thoughts and opinions. 'When you listen to me, it means that what I say matters. And more importantly, I matter to you.'

After years spent hearing words like, 'Don't bother me...Shut up!...I don't have time,' something important in a child begins to die - creativity and confidence. Can you imagine facing life without those qualities? You say, 'But I'm so busy.' That may be so, but you're certainly not busier than Jesus, and he made time for children. Parent, are you listening? The pressure is on. Today, many children commit adult crimes. And, generally speaking, when we study them we find that because they never learned to express their emotions in constructive ways, they end up behaving destructively! As a child, he took a hammer and pounded his toy to pieces; now as a man, he drives his fist through walls. His shirt size has changed, but the messages inside his head are still the same - nobody listens, nobody understands, nobody cares.

This is serious business. If you think we're making too much out of too little - think again. If children are wanting your attention, give them time. Do it right and you'll live with wonderful memories. Do it wrong and you'll live with regrets.

Soulfood: Job 8-10 Luke 17:1-10 Ps 115 Pro 8:1-3
Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:46am On Mar 14, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

SURRENDER TO GOD 1

Thursday, 14th March, 2019

'I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.' Galatians 2:20 NIV

John Calvin defined surrender in these words: 'To have no other will, no other wisdom, and to follow the Lord wherever he leads.' To do this, you will have to face your greatest fear: who will drive your life?

It's pretty handy to have Jesus in the passenger seat when we require his service. 'Lord, I have a health problem, and I need your help. Something hard is going on at work, and I'd like it to be different. I'm feeling anxious, and I want you to give me peace of mind. I'm feeling sad, and I'd like a little hope. I'm facing death, and I want to make sure I'm going to Heaven.' But when it comes to sliding out from behind the wheel and letting Jesus drive, we're not so sure about that because it means we are no longer in control. For example, if he's driving, you are not in charge of your wallet anymore. You can't say, 'I'll give sometimes when I feel generous, but I reserve the right to keep what I want.' Now it's Jesus' money. When you let Jesus drive you're no longer in charge of your ego. You no longer have the right to satisfy every self-centred ambition. Now it's his life. You are not in charge of your mouth anymore. You don't get to gossip, flatter, cajole, condemn, lie, curse, rage, cheat, intimidate, manipulate, exaggerate and prevaricate any more. Now it's not your mouth - it's his mouth.

So here's the question: have you invited Jesus along for the ride, or is he driving? The word for you today is: surrender to God.

Soulfood: Job 11-14 Luke 17:11-19 Ps 11 Pro 8:4-5.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:20am On Mar 15, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

SURRENDER TO GOD 2

Friday, 15th March, 2019

'If any of you want to be my followers... take up your cross.' Matthew 16:24 CEV

Surrender is not the same thing as passivity. God's will for your life involves exercising creativity, making choices and taking initiative. Surrender does not mean being a doormat; it does not mean you accept circumstances fatalistically. Often it means you will have to fight to challenge the status quo. It doesn't mean that you stop using your mind, stop asking questions or stop thinking critically. Surrender is not a crutch for weak people who cannot handle life.

Instead, surrender is the glad and voluntary acknowledgment that there is a God, and he is not you. His purposes are wiser and better than your desires. Jesus doesn't come to rearrange the outside of your life the way you want; he comes to rearrange the inside of your life the way God wants. In surrender, you let go of your life. You recognise that you are no longer the centre of the universe, and you put God there. You yield to him. You offer obedience. You do what he says. Jesus was very clear on this point: 'Unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies [to self] it produces many seeds' (John 12:24 NIV).

How do you live a productive and fruitful life? By dying to yourself daily. D.L. Moody said the world has yet to see what God can do with one person who is totally surrendered to him. Today, kneel and pray, 'Lord, take me, shake me, break me, and make me what you want me to be.' That's a prayer he will answer.

Soulfood: Job 15-17 Luke 17:20-37 Ps 19 Pro 8:6-7.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:10am On Mar 16, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

SURRENDER TO GOD 3

Saturday, 16th March, 2019

'Teach me to do your will...my God.' Psalm 143:10 NIV

You receive power through the act of surrender that you cannot receive any other way. You receive freedom through submission that you will otherwise never know. The 12-Step Programme for recovery offers a path to freedom for addicts. But at the core of the twelve steps lies a great paradox: in which of the twelve steps does it say, 'Now try really hard not to drink'? In which of the twelve steps does it even say, 'Now decide not to drink'? Amazingly, this powerful tool against our most powerful addictions never asks people to decide to stop doing what is destroying their lives. Instead of mobilising the will, its followers surrender their will to God.

If you try to overcome the problem by your will, it will beat you. But if you surrender your will to God, deliverance becomes possible. Surrender, which we think means defeat, actually turns out to be the only way to victory. This is not just the case with alcohol and drugs, but with sin in general. Why does our will fail? The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous says that when it comes to drinking, we say and feel 'never again'. But we do it again. Why? 'We are unable, at certain times, to bring into our consciousness with sufficient force the memory of the suffering and humiliation of even a week ago...the certain consequences that follow taking a drink do not crowd into the mind to deter us. If these thoughts occur, they are hazy and readily replaced by the old threadbare idea that this time we can handle it ourselves.'

So the word for you today is: surrender to God.

Soulfood: Job 18-20 Luke 18:1-17 Ps 116:1-11 Pro 8:8-9.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 12:33pm On Mar 17, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

SURRENDER TO GOD 4

Sunday, 17th March, 2019

'Offer your bodies as a living sacrifice...to God.' Romans 12:1 NIV

Paul writes, 'Offer your bodies as a living sacrifice...pleasing to God' (Romans 12:1 NIV). During a Jewish sacrifice, an animal would be killed and then its body placed on the altar to be consumed by fire. So what happens if you put a live creature on the altar and say, 'Stay there until you're consumed,' then light the fire? The creature will jump off!

But Paul encourages us to crawl back onto the altar, to surrender day by day, moment by moment. In the moment it feels like death, but it is really the only way to live. For example, suppose somebody does something that angers you. The situation is complicated, so you are not even sure of the right way to respond. Without even trying, your mind fills with all kinds of bad thoughts. In that moment you do not know what you should do. But God knows, and if you surrender to him, he will show you how to respond with grace. The options that look attractive to you - avoiding, evading, gossiping, blasting - you relinquish to God. If your hurt runs deep, it will be about five minutes before the revenge fantasies start raging back. You will have to surrender all over again. But you can recognise those fantasies a little quicker now, and yield a little longer.

As you learn to surrender to God in each given situation, you no longer have to surrender to your own impulses. You lose a life, but you gain a life - a life much better than the one you lost. In the end, it turns out that nothing you lost was really worth keeping anyway.

Soulfood: Est 4:13-17 Est 5:1-3 Matt 6:16-18 Mark 2:18-22.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:23am On Mar 18, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

SURRENDER TO GOD 5

Monday, 18th March, 2019

'Not what I will, but what you will.' Mark 14:36 NIV

Because surrender is so closely connected to our wills, often a price is attached. You can feel devoted to God, yet when it comes time to act you discover that your surrender is only skin-deep.

Anticipating this, Jesus often identified the particular area where surrender was needed in a person's life. To the woman caught in adultery he said, 'Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more' (John 8:11 NKJV). That means you must surrender your sexual drives and desires to God. Many times surrender will involve money, because money is all about trust and control. To a rich businessman who wanted to follow him, Jesus said, 'Go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor' (Mark 10:21 TLB). But the man was unwilling to do it. Often surrender will involve an act of self-disclosure about a grudge, attitude, habit or sin. When you're with a trusted friend, God may prompt you to talk about a matter in which you have struggled or even failed. Don't be surprised when your immediate response is 'No way!' Other times you may be with someone and feel the need to confront them about something, and it makes you uncomfortable.

So here's the question: will you surrender, when surrender means doing something uncomfortable? If it were comfortable, it wouldn't be surrender! The supreme example of surrender is Christ in Gethsemane, praying, 'Not my will, but yours be done' (Luke 22:42 NIV). It was the hardest prayer he ever prayed, and the one that launched him into his destiny. Amazingly, the prayer that brings God's power - is the prayer of surrender.

Soulfood: Job 21-23 Luke 18:18-30 Ps 116:12-19 Pro 8:10-13.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:15am On Mar 20, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

WE'RE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM

Wednesday, 20th March, 2019

'The way you treat others is the way you will be treated.' Luke 6:38 CEV

Jesus said, 'Don't criticise, and then you won't be criticised. For others will treat you as you treat them' (Matthew 7:1-2 TLB). Think about it. Do you really want to live your life judging and being judged?

One Christian author puts it this way: 'We were created to be in community...[Not] treat each other with a spirit of judgment...There's something in us that permits us to vie for a better impression of ourselves by belittling someone else. It rages through the teenage years, and should end when we "grow up", but instead it mutates...We judge each other's relationships when our own are crumbling ...or their parenting skills when our own are hanging by a thread...Someone who never exercises is "lazy"...Someone who hides their feelings is "cold"...we judge who has what job, who's busier, who has more stress, who has it "rougher". Someone tells us bad news and we secretly rejoice that it's not us...someone shares good news and we call them arrogant. But no one wins because we're all on the same team.'

Instead of judging and criticising, Paul says, 'When we have the opportunity to help...we should do it' (Galatians 6:10 NCV). So: (a) Look for a way to bless somebody who is not in a position to reciprocate. (b) Identify someone you can encourage today. (c) Go out of your way to make someone feel special. Jesus said: 'If you give to others, you will be given a full amount in return...The way you treat others is the way you will be treated' (Luke 6:38 CEV).

Soulfood: Job 29-31 Luke 19:1-10 Ps 55:1-11 Pro 8:17-18.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:58am On Mar 21, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

FOCUS ON FORGIVENESS

Thursday, 21st March, 2019

'Do not give the devil an opportunity.' Ephesians 4:27 NAS

The Bible says, 'Do not let the sun go down on your anger, and do not give the devil an opportunity' (Ephesians 4:26-27 NAS). The word translated 'opportunity' is the Greek word topos, the same term from which we get the English noun topography. It means territory or ground. And anger gives ground to the devil. Bitterness invites him to occupy a space in your heart. And when you do, he will move in and stink up the place with things like gossip, slander, temper - any time you see these, you have given ground to Satan.

What should you do? Evict him. Don't give him the time of day. In the name of Jesus tell him to pack his bags and hit the road. Begin the process of forgiveness. Keep no list of wrongs. Pray for your antagonists rather than plot against them. Hate the wrong without hating the wrongdoers. Turn your attention away from what they did to you and begin to dwell on what Jesus did for you. Outrageous as it may seem, he died for them too. And if he thinks they are worth forgiving, then they are.

Does that make forgiveness easy? No. It comes in fits and starts, has good days and bad. Some days when you think your old wound has healed and you're over it, someone will knock the scab off it and the pain will return. This is okay. When it comes to forgiveness all of us are beginners. As long as you are trying to forgive, you are forgiving. It's only when you no longer try that you give ground to the devil.

Soulfood: Job 32-34 Luke 19:11-19 Ps 55:12-23 Pro 8:19-21.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:26am On Mar 22, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

STAY IN THE CHARIOT

Friday, 22nd March, 2019

'No one will be able to stand against you.' Joshua 1:5 NIV

Standing on the threshold of the Promised Land, Joshua realised there were seven nations and forty kings to be conquered before he could possess it. So God told him, 'No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life...I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you' (Joshua 1:5 NIV).

When you're in God's will, the forces and resources of Heaven are behind you, and that means you'll ultimately win. It doesn't mean you won't have to fight, but it means you'll win! The movie Ben Hur won more Academy Awards than any other movie in history. Charlton Heston, who played the hero in this movie, had to drive a chariot for his role. He was supposed to win the climactic chariot race, but there was a problem: he was having trouble learning to drive the chariot. He walked over to his director, William Wyler, and said, 'Mr Wyler, I can barely stay on the chariot. I can't win this race.' Wyler looked at Heston and said, 'Son, your job is to stay on the chariot; my job is to make sure you win.'

Every time you head to the office, or walk into a pressure-packed meeting, or job interview, trust God. When you make that dreaded doctor's appointment, or confront a friend who has done you wrong, trust God. Stay on the chariot. Don't quit on God and don't stop trusting in him. Your job is to obey; his job is to make sure you win. And when you do your part, you can be sure that he will do his.

Soulfood: Job 35-37 Luke 19:20-27 Ps 38:1-12 Pro 8:22-23.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:51am On Mar 23, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

OVERCOMING FAILURE

Saturday, 23rd March, 2019

'My flesh...may fail, but God is the strength of my heart.' Psalm 73:26 NIV

As you drive towards your destiny, you're sure to hit potholes along the way, or take some wrong turns, or forget to check your fuel gauge and run out of fuel. The truth is, the only way to avoid failure is not to leave your driveway! In the words of author William Saroyan: 'Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure.'

The real issue in life isn't whether or not you're going to fail, but whether you're going to learn from your experience and turn it into the wisdom needed to succeed. In a survey of successful people, not one of them viewed their mistakes as failures. They considered them 'learning experiences', or 'tuition paid', or 'opportunities for growth'. That's the winning attitude! Henry Ward Beecher said: 'It's defeat that turns bone to flint...gristle into muscle...and makes men invincible. Do not then be afraid of defeat. You are never so near victory as when you're defeated in a good cause.'

So the next time you fail at something, stop and ask yourself, 'What have I learned? Am I grateful for this experience? How can I turn it into success? Where do I go from here? Who else has failed like this, and how can they help me? How can my experience help others? Did I actually fail, or just fall short of an unrealistically high goal? Where did I succeed as well as fail?' Then go one step further, and ask God for greater insight. If you do, you'll grow stronger and wiser because of what you've been through (see James 1:5).

Soulfood: Job 38-39 Luke 19:28-36 Ps 38:13-22 Pro 8:24-26.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

YOU ARE SPECIAL

Sunday, 24th March, 2019

'I will praise you, for I am...wonderfully made.' Psalm 139:14 NKJV

Sarah Hupp writes: 'Did you know you started out as a single cell, and within that cell was enough DNA to hold the equivalent of 1,000 volumes of coded blueprints? Or that [the DNA in that one cell] determined the colour of your hair and eyes, the shape of your nose, and the size of your ring finger? Did you know nobody else has your fingerprints...the same sparkling eyes...the same laugh...or looks at things the way you do? You're an original, and it didn't happen by accident. God designed your DNA. He made you the way he wanted you to be. He gave you your voice, your smile, your freckles, your curly hair, all those things that make you who you are. And because God made you, you're special to him and to others...in fact, the world wouldn't be complete without you.'

No wonder the psalmist said, 'I will praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvellous are your works, and that my soul knows very well' (Psalm 139:14 NKJV).

Maybe you're thinking, 'Yes, but you don't know the limitations I live with. And when it comes to my self-image, I struggle every day to feel like I measure up.' Pastor Jim Penner says: 'I've talked with and prayed for many who are dealing with physical issues...disease, diabetes, cancers, struggles with weight, muscular and autoimmune disease. The limitations the human family deals with on a daily basis are endless. Yet Ephesians 2:10 says, "You are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus." God knew exactly what he was doing when he made you. You're unique in all the world. And that makes you special.'

Soulfood: Lev 27:30-33 Num 31:48-54 1 Cor 16:1-3 2 Cor 9:1-15.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:28am On Mar 25, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

VENGEANCE IS GOD'S JOB NOT YOURS

Monday, 25th March, 2019

'"Vengeance is mine, I will repay," says the Lord.' Romans 12:19 NKJV

Vengeance is God's job, not yours. He will repay - whether on the Day of Judgment or in this life. He can discipline your abusive boss, soften your angry parent, bring your ex to his knees or her senses. Forgiveness doesn't diminish justice; it entrusts it to God. He guarantees the right amount of retribution. We give too much or too little, but he has the precise prescription. And unlike us, he never gives up on a person. (And you should be glad about that.) Long after we have moved on, God is still there probing the conscience, stirring conviction, orchestrating redemption.

Fix your enemies? That's God's job. Forgive your enemies? Ah, that's where you come in. 'Never pay back evil with more evil. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honourable. Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone. Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to...God. For the Scriptures say, "I will take revenge; I will pay them back," says the Lord. Instead..."If your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals of shame on their heads." Don't let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good' (Romans 12:17-21 NLT).

Author Max Lucado says: 'Revenge builds a lonely, narrow house. Space enough for one person. The lives of its tenants are reduced to one goal: Make someone miserable. They do - themselves. No wonder God insists we "Watch out that no bitterness takes root among you"' (Hebrews 12:15 TLB).

Soulfood: Job 40-42 Luke 19:37-44 Ps 69:1-18 Pro 8:27-29.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:54am On Mar 26, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

LET THE HEALING BEGIN

Tuesday, 26th March, 2019

'O Lord my God, I cried out to you, and you healed me.' Psalm 30:2 NKJV

We talk so easily about things that don't matter. But when it's time to talk about our fears, our loneliness, our guilt, or our need to be loved, we clam up like oysters. Sometimes we act like we don't even hear, when the truth is we don't like what we hear. You heard your mate say they needed more of your time, or your child say, 'I love you.' And you also heard them sigh when you didn't say anything in return. You ran and hid because either you don't know how to give them what they're asking for, or you don't want to pay the price.

We all have hiding places - like our jobs, our habits, or relationships that require no emotional honesty. And as a result we feel bottled up inside. But every one of our escape mechanisms traps us deeper in the cycle of silence. God created you with a need to feel, to touch, and to express emotions. How long are you going to hide behind the mask and deny your unmet needs and unexpressed fears? God said, 'It is not good that man should be alone' (Genesis 2:18 NKJV). If you keep denying your emotions, you'll never experience the joy of a good relationship.

David wasn't afraid to admit to God that he felt weak, or sad, or angry or needed love. He said, 'I will cry to you, when my heart is overwhelmed' (Psalm 61:2 NKJV). If you can't express yourself to others, start by talking to God. What he did for David, he can do for you. So turn to him today and let the healing begin.

Soulfood: Est 1-4 Luke 19:45-48 Ps 69:19-36 Pro 8:30-31.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:17am On Mar 27, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

SHOW GOD'S LOVE 1

Wednesday, 27th March, 2019

'God showed his great love...by sending Christ to die...while we were still sinners.' Romans 5:8 NLT

Human love says, 'I'll love you as long as you meet my expectations, agree with my politics, attend my church, or fit into my social circle.' God isn't like that. He didn't wait for us to become worthy before making the first move. 'God showed his great love...by sending Christ to die...while we were still sinners' (Romans 5:8 NLT). And when he did, he changed all the rules. Jesus said, 'Now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you' (John 13:34 NLT); 'Love others as much as you love yourself' (Matthew 22:39 CEV); 'Love...without hoping to get anything back' (Luke 6:35 NCV).

When we set about the task of loving, it usually means we end up giving instead of receiving. Inevitably, love will cost us the three things most precious to us - our time, our energy, and our resources...When we're concerned about the well-being of others, we usually have to sacrifice.

Another author adds: 'For a while I was angry at love...it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. It didn't last. It wasn't worth it. The deeper it went, the more it hurt. Love was irrational, complicated, elusive and unreliable. And I was done with it. Little by little the Lord healed my heart. My anger...began to fade...Now I...see it's humanity that scars and strangles love..."Love comes from God" (1 John 4:7 NIV), and it's worth it, whatever the cost. No matter what damage has been done in the name of love, we're incomplete without it.'

Soulfood: Est 5-10 Luke 20:1-8 Ps 18:1-29 Pro 26:24-27.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:18am On Mar 28, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

SHOW GOD'S LOVE 2

Thursday, 28th March, 2019

'If you love only the people who love you...you are no better than other people.' Matthew 5:46-47 NCV

Jon Walker writes: 'Send picture and I'll reply...it's a common message in personal ads and it makes sense in this day and age to exercise caution...But when it comes to loving others, do you find yourself saying: Send picture first? We all say it in different ways..."I have to see if you're good enough...I'm not sure you're worthy of my love...You need to act the way I expect before I'll love you."'

It's time we stopped 'evaluating [people] by what the world thinks' (2 Corinthians 5:16 TLB). In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said, 'Your Father in Heaven...causes the sun to rise on good people and...evil people...he sends rain to those who do right and...those who do wrong. If you love only the people who love you, you will get no reward. Even the tax collectors do that. And if you are nice only to your friends, you are no better than other people. Even those who don't know God [do that]...you must be perfect [mature] just as your Father in Heaven is' (Matthew 5:45-48 NCV). God's love towards us is 'perfect' because it is unconditional, non-judgmental and comes with no strings attached. The Bible says when we were his enemies, '[He] showed his great love...by sending Christ to die for us' (Romans 5:8 NLT).

So, is there someone in your life who hurt you and now you're having a hard time loving them? If so, pray: 'Father, I'm struggling to love [fill in the name]. Help me to let go of judging and blaming, and begin to love them the way you love me.'

Soulfood: 2 Thes 1-3 Luke 20:9-19 Ps 18:30-50 Pro 8:32-33.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:16am On Mar 29, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

A POSITIVE FAITH-FILLED OUTLOOK

Friday, 29th March, 2019

'With thanksgiving, present your requests to God.' Philippians 4:6 NIV

It happens so easily, especially in the company of the wrong people. Before you know it, you're criticising and complaining, and the atmosphere becomes negative. That's because words are like clouds or sunshine; they create a climate. You say, 'But I only say these things because I'm so worried.' Then read this: 'Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds' (Philippians 4:6-7 NIV).

You rise above anxiety by giving thanks, not by complaining. Never let your level of thanksgiving be determined by your situation, because God is greater than any situation you face.

So how can you overcome your inclination to be negative, and instead develop a positive, faith-filled outlook? (1) Decide to. Abraham Lincoln told the truth when he said, 'Most folks are as happy as they make up their mind to be.' Refuse to spend another moment criticising and complaining. (2) Start now. Change doesn't come easily, but unless you make a start it won't come at all. Try to be more aware of what you say. Catch yourself in the act! When your first few sentences are negative, self-correct and steer the conversation back towards what's positive. Resolve that from now on if you can't say something helpful, you'll refrain from saying anything at all. (3) Look for what's good. 'Whatever is true...noble...right...pure...lovely... admirable...think about such things' (Philippians 4:8 NIV). Make this your prayer: 'Lord, give me a positive, faith-filled outlook.'

Soulfood: Lev 1-4 Luke 20:20-26 Ps 31 Pro 8:34-36.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:33am On Mar 30, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

DON'T YIELD AN INCH TO FEAR

Saturday, 30th March, 2019

'The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.' Psalm 118:6 NKJV

You'll always have to deal with fear in one form or another. And your fears will be different at different seasons of life. Once you accept that, you can make progress. For example, Julius Caesar conquered the world but he was terrified of thunder. Peter the Great of Russia cried like a child when he had to cross bridges. The celebrated British writer Dr Samuel Johnson wouldn't enter a room left foot first. If he accidentally did, he backed up and re-entered with his right one (Talk about putting your best foot forward!).

If you let it control you, fear will keep you from living to the fullest. Fear breeds inaction, inaction breeds lack of experience, lack of experience breeds ignorance, and ignorance breeds fear. Fear is a cycle, and if you're caught in it here are some Scriptures that can help you: (1) 'You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in you' (Isaiah 26:3 NKJV). (2) 'Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you: not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid' (John 14:27 NKJV). (3) 'When a man's ways please the Lord, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him' (Proverbs 16:7 NKJV). (4) 'In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me' (Psalm 56:4 NKJV)? (5) 'For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind' (2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV).

Personalise these Scriptures in prayer, stand on them, and don't yield an inch to fear.

Soulfood: Lev 5-7 Luke 20:27- 33 Ps 72:1-11 Pro 9:1-6.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 1:57pm On Mar 31, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

BALANCED PARENTING

Sunday, 31st March, 2019

'What a pleasure to have children who are wise.' Proverbs 23:24-25 NLT

Your goal as a parent should not be to raise perfect children, but to impart to them the wisdom needed for successful living. This raises two challenges: parental neglect and parental obsession. The second one is prevalent among parents who become obsessed with their children, leaving them no time for recreation, romance or rest. These people probably wouldn't even consider Mother Teresa to be qualified as their babysitter!

The motives of obsessive parents may be good, but their preoccupation can lead to three serious problems: (1) Making children the centrepiece of life, which is not in their best interests. If you make children the centre of the universe, they are in for a rude awakening when they get out into the real world. (2) Emotional and physical fatigue produces what is known as 'parental burnout'. Just as a battery cannot continually be drained, you need time to recharge physically, emotionally and spiritually. When you don't get it, you run on your nerves and everybody around you feels the negative effects. (3) 'Super parenting' can be destructive to a marriage, especially when the mother is the one so inclined. A father may come to resent the children for taking his wife away from him, or she may think her husband is selfish because he doesn't match her commitment to the kids. Either way, a wedge is driven between them that could eventually destroy the family.

The Bible says, 'Let your reasonableness be known to all men' (Philippians 4:5 NKJV). Moderation, or balance, is the key to a healthy and happy family life.

Soulfood: 1 Cor 9:24-27 Num 6:1-8 Pro 25:28.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:24am On Apr 01, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

HE WORKS ALL THINGS OUT FOR YOUR GOOD

Monday, 1st April, 2019

'And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him.' Romans 8:28 NIV

Paul begins this verse by saying: 'And we know.' There are so many things in life we don't know. We don't know if the economy will dip or how our children will turn out. We don't even 'know what we ought to pray for' (Romans 8:26 NIV).

But we can 'know' these four things: (1) 'God works.' Even though you can't see him, he's busy behind the scenes. He hasn't checked out or moved on. He's ceaseless, tireless, and he never stops working. (2) 'God works for the good.' Not for our comfort, pleasure or entertainment, but for our ultimate good. But then again, he is the ultimate good, so would you expect anything less? (3) 'God works for the good of those who love him.' Behold the benefit of a loving God! Make his story your story, and your story takes on a happy ending. Guaranteed! (4) God works 'in all things'. God works, not just in a few things, or the good things, or the best things, or the easy things. He works in 'all things'. And he doesn't make the plan up as he goes along. The Bible says, 'In him we were also chosen...according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will' (Ephesians 1:11 NIV).

And the best part is - God's plan includes you! So stop fretting, stressing out, and losing sleep. Turn it over to God and believe that he's working 'all things' out for your good and his glory.

Soulfood: Lev 8-10 Luke 20:34-40 Ps 72:12-20 Pro 9:7-9.

Happy New Month!

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:20pm On Apr 02, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

START THANKING GOD FOR IT

Tuesday, 2nd April, 2019

'The land which the Lord your God is giving you to possess.' Joshua 1:11 NKJV

When God tells you he has 'given' you something, it means your name is on the title. When he tells you to 'possess' it, it may mean you have to fight for it. If you don't, you won't receive what he promised. Right now many people may be living in your 'dream house' and working in your 'dream job'. Don't resent them; rejoice! God can do the same for you! If you're tired of talking about the things you don't have, get up and go after them. And when you get them, remember that it wasn't because you're so wise and wonderful, but because God gave them to you (see Deuteronomy 8:18).

The Bible says he gives us 'all things that pertain to life' (2 Peter 1:3 NKJV). But you must receive the promise inwardly before you can experience it outwardly. For example, your challenge may be believing in your spirit that you're being healed before you see it begin to happen physically. Just because something's not immediately evident doesn't mean it won't happen. For example, when we ask God for an oak tree, he gives us an acorn. At this point we may think God didn't hear and answer our prayer. No, the oak tree is in the acorn; it's just a matter of time before what's inside bursts out.

Whatever God has promised you, the seeds are already within you. Water them, nurture them and don't let anyone uproot them through unbelief. In other words, begin thanking God for what he's going to do in your life.

Soulfood: Lev 11:1-47 Lev 12 Lev 13:1-37 Luke 20:41-47 Ps 32 Pro 9:10-16.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:45am On Apr 03, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THE GOSPEL IS EXCITING

Wednesday, 3rd April, 2019

'The gospel...is the power of God to salvation.' Romans 1:16 NKJV

One Sunday a lady fell asleep in church. Pointing to the man sitting next to her, the pastor said, 'Please wake that lady up.' The man replied, 'Sorry, Pastor. You put her to sleep - you wake her up!' Seriously, Paul tells us 'the gospel...is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes' (Romans 1:16 NKJV). The Greek word for 'power' is dynamis, from which we get the word dynamite. Talk about impact! The gospel changes people profoundly.

Chuck Swindoll says: 'The gospel is like a sword sharpened on the stone of Scripture and tempered in the furnace of reality, relevance and need. Of all the reactions a person may have to it, I can think of none worse than a yawn, a sleepy "so what", or a bored "who cares?" Jesus met people where they were. His word touched raw nerves. His preaching was a lot more "here-and-now" than it was "there-and-then". He attacked hypocrisy and prejudice. He met people where they were, not where they ought to be. Angry young men, blind beggars, proud politicians, loose-living prostitutes, ignorant fishermen, naked victims of demonism and grieving parents - he related to them all. His enemies misunderstood him, but they couldn't ignore him. They hated him, but they were never bored around him. Do you want a new definition of failing the Lord? Here it is - using the gospel to bore people! The gospel isn't some vague religious concept; it's an exciting relationship with God that works in everyday life.'

And the people around you need it, so share it with them.

Soulfood: Lev 13:38-59 Lev 14:1-57 Luke 21:1-7 Ps 25:1-7 Pro 9:17-18.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 9:05am On Apr 04, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

YOU'LL GET THROUGH

Thursday, 4th April, 2019

'God...will...provide a way out.' 1 Corinthians 10:13 NIV

Some people stay in hopeless situations their whole lives without ever making a decision to seek God's power to get through them. Being 'long-suffering' doesn't mean living in misery any longer than necessary. Paul says, 'Do not be conformed to this world: but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God' (Romans 12:2 NKJV). When you renew your mind with God's Word, he'll show you his will and strengthen you to get through - once and for all - what you've been going through for years. Instead of complaining about your circumstances, determine to get through them.

Author John Mason says: 'Don't accept your present temporary situation as your future permanent situation...determine to get on with life and fulfil your purpose...Paul says, "We walk by faith, not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7 NKJV). We're not to be moved by the obvious, but by the actual. If you've been saying for years, "I'm going through this situation," stand up and declare, "I've had enough. It's time to get through this mess!" The enemy wants you to believe you'll never be victorious...or overcome your present circumstance. But God's Word says, "God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But...will...provide a way out" (1 Corinthians 10:13 NIV). Take this verse and stand on it. God is faithful. He will provide "a way out".'

Your circumstances may not change right away, but as far as God's concerned, you're already out on the other side.

Soulfood: Lev 15 -17 Luke 21:8-11 Ps 25:8-15 Pro 10:1.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 5:57pm On Apr 10, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

WHAT SEASON ARE YOU IN

Wednesday, 10th April, 2019

'In season and out of season.' 2 Timothy 4:2 NIV

If you sow your seed at the wrong time, you risk losing your harvest. Why? Because you didn't recognise what season you were in. Are you in the season of small beginnings? If you are, God says, 'Do not despise these small beginnings' (Zechariah 4:10 NLT). The richness and stability that come from 'small beginnings' and gradual success are more lasting than the temperamental theatrics of those who have never learned their own vulnerabilities or developed a true sense of dependence on God. If you're not sure what season you're in, ask God. He does everything according to a set time and purpose.

In the autumn you break up the ground, turn the sod, sow the seed, add the fertiliser and look for the harvest next spring. In the meantime you wait, because the soil that has yielded so many of its nutrients is being replenished. The fertiliser that smells so bad is in the process of producing the highest quality crop. The root system that's required for strong, healthy growth is being developed. Understand this: God gives you grace for the season you're in - not the one you were once in, or the one you'd like to be in. When Paul said, 'Be prepared in season and out of season' (2 Timothy 4:2 NIV), he recognised that he was in the winter of his ministry. That's why he was pouring his knowledge into his successor, Timothy. Paul wasn't resentful about the changing seasons. No, when his days as a player were over he simply became a coach.

So ask God to show you what season you're in and how to make it the most productive season of your life.

Soulfood: Phil 1-4 Luke 22:14-23 Ps 43 Pro 10:10.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:20am On Apr 12, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

BEING FRIENDS WITH GOD 1

Thursday, 11th April, 2019

'The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend.' Exodus 33:11 NLT

When you talk to a friend, you're unguarded and relaxed. No need to 'mind your Ps and Qs'. You can say what you think without fear of being judged.

That's how Moses and God talked to each other - like two friends who were trusting and transparent. They said what they felt and thought. The Israelites had just created a golden calf to worship, and God was angry enough to disown them and pick some new friends. Moses had a major crisis on his hands, and he engaged God in a serious conversation. In essence he told God, 'You see it one way and I see it another way. And your perspective is making me very uncomfortable.' Sounds like a candid exchange between friends, right? He wasn't being disrespectful, he was opening his heart. God and Moses knew each other well enough to speak 'face to face, as one speaks to a friend'.

Do you pray like that? No posturing; just a heart-to-heart conversation with a friend you trust and feel close to. That's what God wanted with Moses, and what he wants with you! Religious-sounding clich?s and the usual run-of-the-mill prayer request list can undermine your opportunity to connect deeply and personally with God. Open up to him instead. Get down to the nitty-gritty where you talk honestly about where you're coming from and what you feel, think and desire. That's what being friends with God is all about!

Soulfood: Dan 1-2 Luke 22:24-38 Ps 127 Pro 10:11.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:24am On Apr 12, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

BEING FRIENDS WITH GOD 2

Friday, 12th April, 2019

'"I know you by name and you have found favour with me.'" Exodus 33:12 NIV

We've witnessed Moses talking with God like a friend, saying what he truly felt and thought, and God wanted it that way. Let's listen in on their conversation. When Moses said, 'You have been telling me, "Lead these people"...You have said, "I know you by name and you have found favour with me"' (Exodus 33:12), he was mirroring back to God what God had just said to him. Do you remember saying to your spouse or friend, 'You were the one who said [fill in the blank]'? That's what Moses was doing here - reminding God of his own words.

The truth is, God wants you to remember his promises and speak them in prayer. Not because he needs reminding, but because we do; plus his word is the only word he's obligated to fulfil (see Jeremiah 1:12). When you verbalise God's word in prayer, you're praying in his will and you're guaranteed a favourable hearing. So memorise Scriptures that relate to your needs and desires. Clothe your petitions in his promises. For example, when you say, 'Lord, you said whatever I ask for in prayer, believing that I have received it, you will do it for me' (see Mark 11:24), it empowers your praying.

The more you learn of God's word, the more your prayer time will conform to his will and the more closely aligned you'll feel with him. Keep your Bible handy when you talk to God so he can direct your thoughts to the words he wants you to pray.

Soulfood: Dan 3-4 Luke 22:39-46 Ps 130 Pro 10:12.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:30am On Apr 13, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

BEING FRIENDS WITH GOD 3

Saturday, 13th April, 2019

'He made known his ways to Moses.' Psalm 103:7 NIV

Let's listen again as Moses talks to God. 'If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favour with you' (Exodus 33:13 NIV). Israel was in a crisis that threatened its relationship with God, but what did Moses pray for? Not, 'Lord, you've got to resolve it for me!' Instead he prayed, 'Teach me your way so I may know you.' He wanted more than just information about God, he wanted intimacy with him: to know his heart and mind - how he thought and felt about the situation. Why? Because knowing God and having his favour would bring all the other things he needed, including a solution to the crisis.

And God gave him what he asked. 'He made known his ways to Moses, his deeds to the people of Israel' (Psalm 103:7 NIV). God responded to Moses' request, saying, 'My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest' (Exodus 33:14 NIV). In the Hebrew text 'you' is singular. God promised to accompany Moses and give rest to only him. Anybody else would have accepted gladly, but not Moses! His prayer surpassed his own concerns: 'If your presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here' (Exodus 33:15 NIV). In other words: 'Lord, it's not me I'm praying for, it's us!'

Question: Are your prayers bigger than yourself and your own needs? The Bible says, 'For God so loved the world' (John 3:16 NIV). So pray that your family, your town and a lost world will not perish but have everlasting life!

Soulfood: Dan 5-7 Luke 22:47-53 Ps 103:1-12 Pro 10:13.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 12:46pm On Apr 14, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

IT TAKES 'HEART'

Sunday, 14th April, 2019

'The people had a heart to work.' Nehemiah 4:6 AMP

In San Diego there's a famous attraction called SeaWorld. If you go there you can see ducks on roller skates. But when you get close to them, you realise that their hearts aren't in it! You may smile, but a lot of people are like that - just going through the motions. Don't be one of them! If you want your life to count, find a cause greater than yourself and give your all to it!

Do you recall the story of Nehemiah? He risked life and limb in order to rebuild the wall of Jerusalem. Even though faced with threats and obstacles, he finished the job in record time. How did it happen? Because 'the people had a heart to work' (Nehemiah 4:6 AMP). An 1828 copy of Webster's Dictionary defines 'courage' as 'that quality which enables us to face difficulty and danger...without fear or depression'. Then Webster adds the words of Moses as he transferred leadership of the nation to Joshua. 'Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid...for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go' (see Joshua 1:9 NKJV).

At age 120, Moses was still telling the people of Israel, 'You gotta have heart!' Why? Because anything worth having is worth fighting for! It takes 'heart' to deal with a child's wilful defiance, or face your own fears, or pick up the pieces of your life and start over. It's easy to talk about what's wrong, but it takes 'heart' to do something about it. And where does that kind of courage come from? God! So talk to him today.

Soulfood: Ps 118:19-29 Matt 21:1-16.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply)

Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share / Joseph Ayo Babalola's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Let's Study The Bible Daily And Finish It In One Year!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 231
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.