Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Ndani Real Talk Season 2 Episode 4 – The Line Between Having A 9-5 & Side Hustle - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Ndani Real Talk Season 2 Episode 4 – The Line Between Having A 9-5 & Side Hustle (2176 Views)

Naijaxtreme Starhunt Season 2 Registration Closes Soon / Ndani Real Talk Season 2 Episode 3 - Expectations & Entitlement In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ndani Real Talk Season 2 Episode 4 – The Line Between Having A 9-5 & Side Hustle by nex(m): 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2017
On this episode of Ndani Real Talk, Nicole meets up with Kabir Shagaya, CEO of Zippy Logistics, CEO of A2 Creatives, Adaora Mbelu-Dania, Misan Rewane, CEO West African Vocational Education, and popular Publicist & Influencer, Bizzle Oshikoya.

They discuss the idea behind having regular jobs (9-5 jobs), and a side hustle, it’s demands, and the effects of having both “hustles” simultaneously.

Watch Ndani Real Talk on the NdaniTV YouTube channel for the opinions of Kabir, Adaora, Bizzle and Misan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QasW9kWf7LI

Entrepreneurship is great, and I’m happy more and more young Nigerians are getting into it, but it is necessary that if they have a job, they do the honourable thing to tell their bosses, then move on to their own thing as soon as they can.

Employment is also a wonderful thing. I have a sister who’s been with Total for almost 30 years she would cry when time comes for retirement. I also have a brother who was a pioneer staff of GTBank. He loved his job so much, he sometimes used to go to the office on Sundays, and went on to work there for more than 20 years. These 2 people have the most wealth in our family. So sometimes, a job pays far better.

I feel it is unethical for fulltime (9 to 5) staff to have side hustles, or as some Nigerians call them, PP. Divided attention, lack of adequate rest, likelihood of leaving just after gaining a lot of experience, and like Kabir said, there could be some conflict of interest when they meet their employers business contacts.

There are some employers who would want to encourage their staff to take up side hustles, there has to be full disclosure on that so that things don’t go southward.

The worst experience I’ve seen with this matter of entrepreneurial staff is recently, when I met someone who uses his subordinates in the company where he’s employed to run his side hustle. Not only is he using up company time and facilities himself (he prints movie scripts in the office), but he is using up the time of other staff, within and outside the company, then when he decides to go start up his own thing, he may just leave with the best of them.

So let’s respect those who choose to hold on to their jobs and do nothing else, and let’s encourage those who want to try their hands on other things to be ethical about it, and move on from those jobs as soon as possible.

Do you think having a side hustle limits productivity at one’s 9-5? What are your thoughts on employers who don’t believe in training their staff because they don’t trust their loyalty? Join the Ndani Real Talk discussion now on Twitter with the hashtag #NdaniRealTalk.

SOURCE: http://www.barbaric.com.ng/ndani-real-talk-ndanitv-youtube

Re: Ndani Real Talk Season 2 Episode 4 – The Line Between Having A 9-5 & Side Hustle by nex(m): 3:20pm On Aug 31, 2017
Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Dangers Of African Films To Our Political, Cultural & Developmental Orientation / Strange! :::nigerian Man Vomits Lizards In Abuja Hospital::: / Meet The Millionaire’s Wife Who Feeds 40,000 Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.