Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,272 members, 7,780,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:32 PM

Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Chess - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Chess (604 Views)

What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? / 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Chess by ILoveChess: 3:25pm On Aug 31, 2017
Started playing Chess some 7years ago and I can say its the game I love most in my life.

Unfortunately I don't get to play it often, no one to play. And I don't like online game, to me its not real, as players are sometimes allowed to undo moves.

So many lessons I've learnt from playing this beautiful game and I'll like ti share some. The game is reflective of what's happening in our everyday life and at times coincides with people's current situation.

Now I'm going to share the lessons 'piece by piece'

1 The Pawn; The pawn is the smallest piece on the board, regarded as the weakest or lowest ranking officer. Its usually thrown to the floor first, left to face the incoming danger and attack. Simply put, they are the first expected to die and not see out the game. But any pawn that's strifes to reach the end of the opponent's board becomes as powerful as the most powerful piece of the game.

Lesson; No matter what u face, no matter the castigation, no matter the humiliation, no matter the reproach. Even if u were left to suffer or to die by people Who are meant to help u, don't give up. Continue to strife, once u endure till the end, u wil be victorious at last.

2 The Castle/Rook; The castle or rook is the wall of the kingdom on both ends. They protect the territory and the senior officers. Once the rook is lost, the kingdom becomes more vulnerable and a checkmate will be easier, your King/president might become easy to capture.

Lesson; Don't allow your protection to be compromised, don't make yourself vulnerable by losing your stronghold. When u face attacks, physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually, hold on to whatever makes u strong and invincible.

3 The Knight; Apart from being my most loved piece in the game, its one of the most interesting and not easily predictable. The knight is the only piece that can jump over other pieces. The knight is also the only piece that has an irregular pattern of movement by taking the 'L' shape route, making it easy to miss, making it unpredictable and if you're nit vigilant enough, u won't know when the knight will capture your King, from afar. Yes, the only piece that can also target, launch and attack and kill an opponent from a distance.

Lesson; don't make yourself predictable, surprise people with your steps and moves. Tackle problems from afar before they come closer to u. Be a knight, shock people with your doings, let them marvel at the way u do your things.

4 The Bishop; I don't know why but I see these guys as peacemakers lol. They are the closest piece to the highest ranking officers, on both sides. I perceive they are always advicing the King and queen on what step to take jn difficult times.

Lesson; always try and have someone, preferably an elder, Who can give u advice in difficult times, Who can help u not to go wrong in whatever u do.

5 The Queen; The power drunk woman. She thinks, many people think she's the most powerful just because she can do anyhow, take anystep in any direction to any length at a time. Always bullying others, but at times, she takes the wrong step and gets captured. Power sweet o, but it can ruin.

Lesson; no matter how rich or powerful u think u are, u can always fall prey if u took the wrong steps or stepped on the wrong feet. Be careful how u use your power or position.

6 The King/President; The most gentle, the most reserved, the most sensible. The father of the house, the King of d kingdom. The whole game centres around him, he's always reserved and respectful in his doing. Unlike the queen, he takes a step at a time albeit in any direction. When things are getting tough, he goes out of his walls(castle) to join the war, thereby protecting his kingdom, that's the move called 'CASTLING'. Everyone in the kingdom is fighting to protect their King, because once he's captured, the game ends.

Leason; Act like a King, think before u move, take a step at a time, dont bite more than u can chew. When things are going tough around u, do 'CASTLING', go out.og your way to protect the people u love. Don't worry, u might not know, but those people love you too and are fighting to protect u, ur kingdom and ur home.

Like if u love the game of Chess.

#ilovechess

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Chess by teekay213(m): 8:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
I love chess too and I live in Ibadan. We can hook up if you like.
Re: Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Chess by Apitch(m): 12:42pm On Jul 24, 2018
download chess.com on your android and play good chess

1 Like

Re: Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Chess by AlphaCEO: 8:33am On Sep 18, 2021
ILoveChess:
Started playing Chess some 7years ago and I can say its the game I love most in my life.

Unfortunately I don't get to play it often, no one to play. And I don't like online game, to me its not real, as players are sometimes allowed to undo moves.

So many lessons I've learnt from playing this beautiful game and I'll like ti share some. The game is reflective of what's happening in our everyday life and at times coincides with people's current situation.

Now I'm going to share the lessons 'piece by piece'

1 The Pawn; The pawn is the smallest piece on the board, regarded as the weakest or lowest ranking officer. Its usually thrown to the floor first, left to face the incoming danger and attack. Simply put, they are the first expected to die and not see out the game. But any pawn that's strifes to reach the end of the opponent's board becomes as powerful as the most powerful piece of the game.

Lesson; No matter what u face, no matter the castigation, no matter the humiliation, no matter the reproach. Even if u were left to suffer or to die by people Who are meant to help u, don't give up. Continue to strife, once u endure till the end, u wil be victorious at last.

2 The Castle/Rook; The castle or rook is the wall of the kingdom on both ends. They protect the territory and the senior officers. Once the rook is lost, the kingdom becomes more vulnerable and a checkmate will be easier, your King/president might become easy to capture.

Lesson; Don't allow your protection to be compromised, don't make yourself vulnerable by losing your stronghold. When u face attacks, physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually, hold on to whatever makes u strong and invincible.

3 The Knight; Apart from being my most loved piece in the game, its one of the most interesting and not easily predictable. The knight is the only piece that can jump over other pieces. The knight is also the only piece that has an irregular pattern of movement by taking the 'L' shape route, making it easy to miss, making it unpredictable and if you're nit vigilant enough, u won't know when the knight will capture your King, from afar. Yes, the only piece that can also target, launch and attack and kill an opponent from a distance.

Lesson; don't make yourself predictable, surprise people with your steps and moves. Tackle problems from afar before they come closer to u. Be a knight, shock people with your doings, let them marvel at the way u do your things.

4 The Bishop; I don't know why but I see these guys as peacemakers lol. They are the closest piece to the highest ranking officers, on both sides. I perceive they are always advicing the King and queen on what step to take jn difficult times.

Lesson; always try and have someone, preferably an elder, Who can give u advice in difficult times, Who can help u not to go wrong in whatever u do.

5 The Queen; The power drunk woman. She thinks, many people think she's the most powerful just because she can do anyhow, take anystep in any direction to any length at a time. Always bullying others, but at times, she takes the wrong step and gets captured. Power sweet o, but it can ruin.

Lesson; no matter how rich or powerful u think u are, u can always fall prey if u took the wrong steps or stepped on the wrong feet. Be careful how u use your power or position.

6 The King/President; The most gentle, the most reserved, the most sensible. The father of the house, the King of d kingdom. The whole game centres around him, he's always reserved and respectful in his doing. Unlike the queen, he takes a step at a time albeit in any direction. When things are getting tough, he goes out of his walls(castle) to join the war, thereby protecting his kingdom, that's the move called 'CASTLING'. Everyone in the kingdom is fighting to protect their King, because once he's captured, the game ends.

Leason; Act like a King, think before u move, take a step at a time, dont bite more than u can chew. When things are going tough around u, do 'CASTLING', go out.og your way to protect the people u love. Don't worry, u might not know, but those people love you too and are fighting to protect u, ur kingdom and ur home.

Like if u love the game of Chess.

#ilovechess

(1) (Reply)

Cool Pictures Made For Nigeria's 57th Independence Celebration / Tested And Proven Cheaper Data For Browsing / Dead Man Resurrects As He’s About To Be Place Inside His Coffin. (photos/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.