Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

The Perfect Match(a Short Story By Blair) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Perfect Match(a Short Story By Blair) (1880 Views)

Not Just An Ordinary Day (A Short Romance Story By Kayode Odusanya) / When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Perfect Match(a Short Story By Blair) by blair01(f): 9:07pm On Aug 31, 2017
Dedicated to my sweetheart Bright whose birthday is today.

perfect match

She made herself comfortable on her seat as she watched the display of the other intending passengers as they struggled to have their way inside the coaster bus .The sky was threatening as it gave signals of raining anytime'.The bus in which she sat seemed to be the only available bus as others where either occupied or ready to hit the road.

The show had come to an end when the driver started the engine.She tapped the play button of her phone slowly nodding to the rhythm of the music from her earphone but soon stopped as her eyes caught the attention of the old lady standing beside her due to unavailability of seat.

She stood up only for a quick dude to take her seat.Angrily she tapped him and shouted her lungs out for him to get out.But he surprised her by saying just four syllabic words

"U have craze ba"

Not minding her ranting. He stood up and got back to his standing position,while the old lady claimed the seat after showering so much appreciation to the young lady.
Surprisingly they highlighted the bus at the same bustop.without wasting much time he approached her and asked for her number.
What the nerve??she said staring daggers at him.

Instead of backing out as she had expected, he returned her gaze,stretching forth his phone.

Awwed by his audacity, she collected his phone punched in her digits and left without giving him another glance.

He never called,nor texted like she had expected.. not until 2weeks.

On a Thursday, on her birthday he sent her a text.

"Was amazed when you shouted at me..And I admit I liked it because for the very first time a girl stood up to me.will call you later..Happy birthday"

How did he know?she asked no one in particular..she smiled knowing it was the Beginning of something new with mystery guy.

The end.

1 Like

Re: The Perfect Match(a Short Story By Blair) by Toyin223(f): 10:14pm On Aug 31, 2017
Not Too Bad
Re: The Perfect Match(a Short Story By Blair) by Nmaglit: 2:18am On Sep 01, 2017
Haba Blair just like that?
Re: The Perfect Match(a Short Story By Blair) by blair01(f): 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2017
I ended it in suspense for the readers to conclude it based on their own ideas.
Re: The Perfect Match(a Short Story By Blair) by ouzo1(m): 3:32am On Sep 25, 2018
Blair01,
Re: The Perfect Match(a Short Story By Blair) by ouzo1(m): 3:35am On Sep 25, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Romance Readers: Great Ebooks, Great Prices! / But Nobody Knew / Not So Smart - Based On A True Life Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.