Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road (25476 Views)

Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. / Governor Willie Obiano Flags Off 5.5km Road In Anambra (Photos) / Ajimobi Commissions WAMCO Milk Collection Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by GMBuhari: 10:18am On Sep 01, 2017
otitokoroleti:
The only project Ajimobi did was mokola fly over bridge at a price x2 of that ogun state despite the fact that its of same quality & size. Iwo Road - Iyana Church road was dualized by Adebayo Alao Akala & Akala administration even add streetlights to it, one of the generator that powers those streetlights is at Akinwale Eleja Bus Stop which is not far from Owu Crown Hotel. Its amazing that someone like you who have never stepped his feet on ibadan soil is telling me the happenings in Ibadan where I lived grin

Same size, same quality because soil type is the same , contractor is the same and the time of construction is the same

Ode, I lived in various places in Ibadan, mokola is inclusive

6 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by GMBuhari: 10:21am On Sep 01, 2017
otitokoroleti:
hahaha see big fat lies, Iwo Road - Iyana Church was dualized under the administration of Adebayo Alao Akala. my first house was built at Iyalode Area but I now lived inside Akobo G R A! As regard other areas you mentioned, Ajimobi did nothing there.

Bad Belle won't see anything good

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by OkutaNla: 10:21am On Sep 01, 2017
wristbangle:

You have spoken well brother as I totally agree with the part you mentioned about Ogun not harnessing it's full potential based on its proximity to Lagos. Having said that, we hope to see to better SW region tomorrow looking inward currently to develop its resources more to catch up with global trend. I like the fact that we criticise objectively because we want the best in our region as our forefathers has laid the foundation.

Amosun and Ajimobi need to step up their game as celebrating consumption based industry most especially on ajimobi path is mediocre. Even the 5.5km road he commissioned should be done by a councillor.

As for amosun, indigenes of ogun most especially akute-ajuwon, agbara, ogijo, ilaro are complaining bitterly about the road infrastructure.

This is not the time to be complacent about little achievement. Commissioning such as 100km dual carriage way, manufacturing companies, revamp of dilapidated old western region investment, power/electricity, etc, should be the centre of focus here.

Now you are talking. We need to put things in their proper context. The truth of the matter is that both Ajimobi and Amosun have done relatively better than their predecessors. Even though we can all agree that they could have done better, the fact remains that they have also had the unpleasant circumstance of reengineering the entire administrative apparatus of their states in the face of dwindling oil revenues. The past governments of both states were proligate and wasteful.

In Oyo for instance, the past administrations increased the salaries of some civil servants by as much as 300%, and even hired more (largely based on political patronage), without commensurate increase in the state's IGR. All this because they thought oil money will continue to flow endlessly. Bear in mind that the state has one of the largest state civil service in the country (whom constitute less than 5% of the entire state population), yet their salaries gulp more than 80% of the state's monthly allocation. Right now as we speak, the monthly allocations can't even cover their monthly salaries. Please how do you expect a government to still be able to execute capital projects after spending all the money as salaries for less than 5% of the state population? Yet the citizens refuse to pay taxes to help increase igr. But even the igr will still end up being used to pay the same less than 5% civil servant population (that is if the same corrupt civil servants responsible for collecting the igr don't steal the money https://www.ibadaninsider.com/oyo-looses-igr-to-fraudulent-civil-servants/ ).

The same thing is applicable to Ogun. Amosun spends most of his Igr on payment of civil servants salaries. Again, these people are less than 5% of the state population, but their salaries are more than the state's allocation. Tell me how he will have enough money left to fix bad roads in spite of the high igr he's celebrated for collecting.

Ogun has worse roads than Oyo, is less secure than Oyo, yet the state still attracts more industries. Why?? The Lagos factor.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by otitokoroleti: 10:38am On Sep 01, 2017
GMBuhari:

Same size, same quality because soil type is the same , contractor is the same and the time of construction is the same

the same soil? yes!
same quality? yes!
the same contractor? yes!
do you realize that the house questioned governor back then & he later bribed them to cover up? where in Mokola are you because I owned a press, ago tapa axis & have 3 ICT outlets in Queen Cinema. Where are you in mokola? name of the area & let me burst your lies grin
Dindinrin lasan ekeji obo

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by Basic123: 1:05pm On Sep 01, 2017
Benekruku:
Ajimobi needs to do more for Oyo state!

The state is not tapping into its close proximity with Lagos unlike Ogun state that is presently exploring the potentials in full capacity.

Government is in continuum.The next government should try and surpass him
Ajimobi did well compared to Tokyo-eleweomo era of akala and ladoja.

During ajimobi administration:
-Ibadan stopped to be the dirtiest city in the world
-Ibadan ranked as one of the 5 cities to watch in africa in 2015
-Oyo become fourth largest recipient of FDI
-Dualized major roads,iwo road expansion to 6 lanes is on going,baashorun akobo road dualization is ongoing and gbagi-gate road dualization is ongoing.
-laying of pipeborn water pipe.I've never seen such being done in Nigeria before.
-The 5 shopping malls in ibadan came in during his era.thank God for the security made possible by his operation burst!
-No NURTW Fracas that dominated akala
adoja era iwo road
-beautification ,especially iwo road

I agree woth you that he can do more.he tried for Ibadan city.I hope he will pay attention to lautech and salary payment too.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by Basic123: 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2017
otitokoroleti:
I lived in Oyo state, the man did nothing. Gbenga Adewusi constructed many new roads across Ibadan North East as a L.G Chairman & many of such road is more than 5km. its a shame that a whole governor is commissioning 5.5km & some lunatics will hail him that he's working. All our public schools across the states now has delapidated buildings due to non maintenance despite the fact that students now pay school fees. there are many schools in town where student uses shed as classroom and of such school is Community Secondary School Ayekale which is in the same environmen with Lagelu Grammar School Agugu Ibadan where Abiola Ajimobi had his secondary school education. Ajimobi is the worst governor Oyo State ever had, people that lived in Oyo State can attest to that
I live in ibadan and I disagree with you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by otitokoroleti: 1:27pm On Sep 01, 2017
Basic123:
I live in ibadan and I disagree with you.
where do u live in ibadan? point to where i lied & I will give enough evidence to thrash your lies.

3 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by Basic123: 1:50pm On Sep 01, 2017
otitokoroleti:
where do u live in ibadan? point to where i lied & I will give enough evidence to thrash your lies.
cheesy
Dont get hot na.That's your opinion and that is mine.
I disagree with you.Ajimobi transformed ibadan base on my own assessment.You are free to disagree with me.Lets leave it like that!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by otitokoroleti: 1:59pm On Sep 01, 2017
Basic123:
cheesy
Dont get hot na.That's your opinion and that is mine.
I disagree with you.Ajimobi transformed ibadan base on my own assessment.You are free to disagree with me.Lets leave it like that!
from manageable to worst you mean?
Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by Basic123: 2:20pm On Sep 01, 2017
otitokoroleti:
from manageable to worst you mean?
grin

What is yoir problem na.

you dont have to agree with me.

Ajimobi transformed ibadan from bad to good!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by otitokoroleti: 3:08pm On Sep 01, 2017
Basic123:
grin

What is yoir problem na.

you dont have to agree with me.

Ajimobi transformed ibadan from bad to good!
your point is vague without facts to back up your claim. Ajimobi is a certified destroyer, mention his executed projects thats of benefits to the masses.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by okway2: 5:58pm On Sep 01, 2017
Benekruku:

The state is not tapping into its close proximity with Lagos unlike Ogun state that is presently exploring the potentials in full capacity.

Even Ogun state is not trying enough. It should be yielding IGR close to Lagos.

Oyo state needs to wake up and stop scamming us with AgricOyo initiative cuz since April of last year, we haven't heard much about it embarassed embarassed
Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by okway2: 5:59pm On Sep 01, 2017
Basic123:

I agree woth you that he can do more.he tried for Ibadan city.I hope he will pay attention to lautech and salary payment too.

True.

Both indigenous and foreign industries are sprinting up in Ibadan like crayyyy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by okway2: 6:03pm On Sep 01, 2017
GMBuhari:

Bad Belle

Iwo road, iyana church, olomi gate are the few places I can remember out of places ajimobi fixed ( widening / clearing the road

When he was doing it, you fools claimed you won't eat road, you don't want road , when he started repairing / demolishing old schools to make way for new ones you claimed you loved the previous structures, you claimed he's destroying your lively hood especially when roads were being widened

Same story happened for aregbe in Osun they came they screamed, they lied, they protested, still it was for the betterment of the state , people like you who can't think like an educated graduate should be banned from social media

Don't mind these foolish Nigerians. Same thing happened in Lagos when they pull down old structures to make way for development.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by Basic123: 6:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
otitokoroleti:
your point is vague without facts to back up your claim. Ajimobi is a certified destroyer, mention his executed projects thats of benefits to the masses.
Infact,he did nothing he just imprisoned every oyo state citizens in Agodigrin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by louqas: 6:42pm On Sep 01, 2017
Zeze06:

The state must be very boring if everyone in government are this old... undecided

People in the state will have double wahala, one from "Federal" (Buhari et al) one from "State".. cry

I for insult you but on a second thought I feel its enlightenment you need........... those in the picture are traditional rulers and NOT members of the state executive council.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by Basic123: 6:49pm On Sep 01, 2017
GMBuhari:

Only mokola bridgegrin

That guy is a big fat liar

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by OkutaNla: 7:01pm On Sep 01, 2017
Basic123:

I remember when Ibadan was dragging the position of dirtiest city in Nigeria with Aba before Ajimobi's tenure. It was that bad. Even one of Ladoja's political thugs, Sunday Adeyemo/Igboho, recently acknowledged and credited his strides in keeping the state secure and more stable security-wise compared to the Akala and Ladoja eras. That enabling environment has enabled the state to attract a lot of private capital as well as SMEs and startups.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by EvilMetahuman: 7:11pm On Sep 01, 2017
otitokoroleti:
hahaha see big fat lies, Iwo Road - Iyana Church was dualized under the administration of Adebayo Alao Akala. my first house was built at Iyalode Area but I now lived inside Akobo G R A! As regard other areas you mentioned, Ajimobi did nothing there.
omo ale oniro.

Its known fact that ajimobi fixed all those roads and he fixed more roads than any governor oyo state ever had.

Though I hate the man now cos his second term has been awful but you don't have to lie just to put his achievements down.

7 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2017
Benekruku:

Oyo has no connection with Lagos, unlike Ogun which is completely surrounding Lagos

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by Oluwaseyi456(m): 7:16pm On Sep 01, 2017
This is 1 project exsiquited4his ovr2yrs regim
Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by Lexusgs430: 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
'constituted authority', simply performing a role he was elected or rigged to perform. Why all this useless tap cutting ceremony ?

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by funshint(m): 7:23pm On Sep 01, 2017
A road that originally had no single pothole.....wat d industrial estate road?!
Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by loomer: 7:27pm On Sep 01, 2017
Nice one coming from the peoples governor..

5.5km road. Haba our leaders should stop misbehaving jare.
Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by onatisi(m): 7:30pm On Sep 01, 2017
otitokoroleti:
I lived in Oyo state, the man did nothing. Gbenga Adewusi constructed many new roads across Ibadan North East as a L.G Chairman & many of such road is more than 5km. its a shame that a whole governor is commissioning 5.5km & some lunatics will hail him that he's working. All our public schools across the states now has delapidated buildings due to non maintenance despite the fact that students now pay school fees. there are many schools in town where student uses shed as classroom and of such school is Community Secondary School Ayekale which is in the same environmen with Lagelu Grammar School Agugu Ibadan where Abiola Ajimobi had his secondary school education. Ajimobi is the worst governor Oyo State ever had, people that lived in Oyo State can attest to that

apc change

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by datwall: 7:30pm On Sep 01, 2017
Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by enimooko: 7:35pm On Sep 01, 2017
otitokoroleti:
a certified destroyer? why has he not been impeached?

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by ayoadeifee(f): 7:40pm On Sep 01, 2017
GMBuhari:

Bad Belle

Iwo road, iyana church, olomi gate are the few places I can remember out of places ajimobi fixed ( widening / clearing the road

When he was doing it, you fools claimed you won't eat road, you don't want road , when he started repairing / demolishing old schools to make way for new ones you claimed you loved the previous structures, you claimed he's destroying your lively hood especially when roads were being widened

Same story happened for aregbe in Osun they came they screamed, they lied, they protested, still it was for the betterment of the state , people like you who can't think like an educated graduate should be banned from social media
LIAR
Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by ishowdotgmail(m): 7:41pm On Sep 01, 2017
Useless man! Since when undecided
Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by Bolster(m): 7:42pm On Sep 01, 2017
otitokoroleti:
LAUTECH TEACHING HOSPITAL is amala project right? mention just one Ajimobi achievement that can match LAUTECH TEACHING HOSPITAL

Lol Lautech Teaching Hospital? You call that an achievement? You're obviously from Ogbomoso but you're not sincere at all. Do you call that hastily and badly constructed hospital an achievement? Have you been there lately? Do you think any right thinking Ogbomoso son of the soil really call that rubbish an achievement? Do you know what that mediocre building cost us in Ogbomoso? Where is our General Hospital today that was destroyed to construct the stupid Teaching Hospital?

Wo, I'm in Ogbomoso o so don't even mention Akala achievement when sane people are listening. Lautech is closed right now and the economy of Ogbomoso is dead and you're saying Akala or Ladoja achieved more than Ajimobi. I'm not a fan of Ajimobi but he obviously is more progressive and achieved more in Oyo State that those thugs that preceded him.

9 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Commissions 5.5km Oluyole Road by jonnytad(m): 7:50pm On Sep 01, 2017
You people should not praise him o..... I reside at Zartech, another route to this very road, I wish you see the condition of the road. And thats the road that links Oluyole industrial estate. It beats my mind that the government had to use tents to block the Zartech, Sumal, 7UP and P&G road. I can't believe that our government can fool us like this. It is well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Southern Governors Forum To Meet In Lagos 12 Years After Last Meeting / Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW / Suicide Bomber Strikes At Dalori Quarters Mosque In Maiduguri. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.