Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu (33585 Views)

Anthony Sani: Choose Between Biafra & Igbo Presidency: Arewa Group To Southeast / Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do / Atiku vs Buhari: What happened in court on Tuesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by zoedew: 12:09pm On Sep 01, 2017
paiz:
The major problem with the easterners is division among themselves.
If all Igbos can come together without hating each other they will make progress

The Press Statement does not in any manner signpost a division amongst the Igbo on Nnamdi Kanu. It does, however, show that the discourse amongst the Igbo on him is getting to become more strategic and robust. Commendable.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by Yyeske(m): 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2017
Marcelo290:
Buhari isn't smart, he thinks everything is force, besides this is coming very late as the only thing Kanu wants to hear now is referendum....
So kanu can speak for every Igbo man, woman and child, who gave him the right? You or IPOB?
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by 2016v2017: 12:13pm On Sep 01, 2017
sarrki:
NEWSBiafra: Igbo Assembly tells Buhari what to do to Nnamdi KanuPublished on September 1, 2017 By Ameh Comrade Godwin

Igbo Delegates Assembly (IDA), an umbrella body of Igbos in the 19 northern states and Abuja, has called on the Federal Government of Nigeria to dialogue with the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, and leaders of other agitating groups.

The assembly, rising from a three-day meeting in Abuja, urged the government to shelve the idea of revoking Kanu’s bail.

A communiqué signed at the end of the meeting by Chi Nwogu and ‎Austine Ifedinezi, president general and secretary of the assembly, respectively, urged the federal government to take urgent steps to put Nigeria “on a path of peaceful co-existence, through equitable distribution of patronage and infrastructural development.”

IDA argued that the recent outburst in favour of the establishment of the state of Biafra was simply a response to the socio-economic imbalances in Nigeria which, they added, would give way once the imbalances are genuinely addressed.

The group added that “together as a people and persuade the federal government to put in place a framework for equitable existence in the Nigerian project.

“This should be done through the convocation of a sovereign conference, of the component ethnic nationalities, or an adoption of the reports of the 2014 National Conference.”

On the withdrawal of the October 1, 2017 quit notice on Igbo in the North by Arewa youths, the assembly saluted prominent northerners who worked for peace as well as the courage of the Coalition in backing down.

“It is on this note that we appeal to security agencies to be on guard throughout the period to prevent any breakdown of law and order in any part of Nigeria, especially in the north,” it said.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/01/biafra-igbo-assembly-tells-buhari-nnamdi-kanu/FULL NAMES OF NNPC NEW APPOINTMENTS IN GEO POLITICAL ZONES.
SS=2, SW=3, North=10, SE=0.

North.
1] Malami Shehu, - MD Port Harcourt Refining Company.
2] Muhammed Abah, - MD Warri Refinery.
3] Umar Ajiya, - MD of NPMC.
4] Bala Wunti, - GGM CP&S.
5] Usman Yusuf, - GMD STA. (Tech).
6] Ahmadu-Katagum - GGM Shipping (Downstream).
7] Kallamu Abdullahi - GGM Renewable Energy Division.
8] Shaibu Musa - MD NNPC Medical Services Limited.
9] Ibrahim Birma - GGM Governance, Risk & Compliance Division.
10] Farouk Ahmed - MD Product Mkg - Retiring.

South West.
1] Adewale Ladenegan, - MD Kaduna Refinery
2] Adeyemi Adetunji, - MD NNPC Retail.
3] Bola Afolabi, - GGM Research & Development.

South South
1] Roland Ewubare - Group General Manager
2] Diepriye Tariah - MD of IDSL.

South East.
No one is deemed to fit their criteria to be appointed in any of the Positions not minding that they are more qualified in terms of number of degrees, experiences and length of services and Imo and Abia are oil producing states.
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by Yyeske(m): 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2017
magoo10:
Nnamdi is a good omen for the voiceless.
no referendum no dialogue
I put it to you, what has he done about this referendum aside trekking upandan?
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by Marcelo290(m): 12:17pm On Sep 01, 2017
Yyeske:
So kanu can speak for every Igbo man, woman and child, who gave him the right? You or IPOB?
The referendum would speak for all.
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by Yyeske(m): 12:18pm On Sep 01, 2017
NIGERIAISDEAD:
Saarki,Omenka ,Ngene Ukwenu and their likes are the biggest fools to walk on this planet.People that can sell their souls for a bowl of food are not worth any one's time.With a million ;like you, Biafra will still come.Bloody idiots that hide behind Igbo names to work for their master
What is still delaying your Biafra till date, una noise don tire me
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by magoo10(m): 12:22pm On Sep 01, 2017
Yyeske:
I put it to you, what has he done about this referendum aside trekking upandan?
my brother Nnamdi KANU is not stupid as you people think ,he has done a lot even before coming down to Nigeria when he was arrested and still doing more which I don't need to enumerate,let hatred not becloud your judgements,I know most of you APC supporters hate him and think he is a political tool but that is far from it ,APC or pdp will not salvage Nigeria's problem because they are all the same.Nnamdi KANU will never oblige any political solution except referendum ,you can take that to the bank.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by zoedew: 12:22pm On Sep 01, 2017
The Press Statement shows that the discourse amongst the Igbo on Nnamdi Kanu is getting to become more strategic and robust. Commendable.
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by bibe(m): 12:26pm On Sep 01, 2017
PHILipu1:

88 percent of electricity that we use in Nigeria and sell to other neighbouring countries are gotten from dams in the north.
We only generate about 12 percent from gas.

The question is where did the funding come from?
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by israelmao(m): 12:34pm On Sep 01, 2017
It will be absolutely non-diplomatic,bias and unreasonable to re-arrest and re-detain Kanu,it might pose a great threat and danger to our collective existence as Nigerians.Parley is the answer.
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by Yyeske(m): 12:34pm On Sep 01, 2017
PHILipu1:
Do you really expect a Zone that has 5 states to share the same slots with zones that have about 19 states?
Igbo is spoken mostly in 5 eastern states while you have Hausa spoken in almost all 19 northern states.
I am from Edo state but i have travelled alot.
Only the land mass of Brono state is bigger than the whole of south-east and you can get your facts.

When census was to be conducted,you guys short change yourselves by listening to mossob that you people should boycott it and many people in south-east did and you were under counted and will you blame the north for that?
And since the last census,have you achieve the Biafra.
You guys will still repeat the same mistake soon in Anambra and somebody in good books of those in Abuja will be install for Anambra people as governor and heaven will not fall because when the chips are down,most of this guys beating chest and making noise on social media will be no where to be found.
You forgot to add.. .
They refused to elect late Ojukwu for president.
Failed to elect Buhari/Late Okadigbo for president and vice.
Failed to honour the PDP idea of rotational presidency between north and south so the SE would have produced the president in 2015.
Failed to elect Ngige for senate, he would've been the senate president by now.
So many failures based on silly emotions

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by freshest4live: 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2017
Ngokafor:

Nothing,yet you lots generating IGR more than that of the entire African continent as well contributing more than the entire World combined keeps crying like chickens when the region 'contrubuting nothing'agitates to seperate from you and form their own country..

.keep deceiving yourselves with your crappy tales by moonlight information.
Who is crying and doesn't want you to go? Is it the tribe of Northern lgbos begging some unknown Arewa men(sorry youths) or the Ohaneze?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by elegushichilling: 12:41pm On Sep 01, 2017
paiz:
If all Igbos can come together without hating each other they will make progress

hw do you expect every igbo to have one voice when their interest is not same? Igbos are scattered all over the nation with respective interest in every state in Nigeria. This was the reason they even had to go to the extent of confusing the Arewa youth to withdraw the quit notice on igbos in north, when this is ordinarily illegal and unenforceable. What becomes of the ibos having interest and properties worth millions and billions in other part of the country.
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by PHILipu1(m): 12:41pm On Sep 01, 2017
bibe:

The question is where did the funding come from?
what funding?
Do you know that it was mostly agricultural produce from the north then when we even had groudnut pyramid in kanu that was used to explore the oil we Niger delta and shouting about?

Do you know that all our refineries were also built from agricultural funds mostly from the north then?

Do you know that the first Niger bride was also built from such funds?

Do you know that most of the dams were built with such funds?

There was time when Nigeria depended on agricultural produce,coal and cotton mostly from the north before we discover oil.
There was a time when one of our major source of income was from textiles factory scathered all over the north.
Oil was discovered and all zones now abandon every other things.

Most of our southern leaders will not tell you guys all this things.

We southerners should not be selfish,there was a time when the north carried this nation on it's shoulder too before oil was discovered.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by Yyeske(m): 12:43pm On Sep 01, 2017
just4sola:
Nobody will dialogue with Kanu, his agenda is very clear from his utterances. Let see his worst. For me Igbos that want to go must go only with their 5 states
Not all igbos want that crap from IPOB
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by jamace(m): 12:49pm On Sep 01, 2017
Adebowale89:

those appointed in north, of what use are them to liberate the poverty in their community

or those in southwest and south south what have done with their little post to their community

diezani was minister of petroleum for atleast 4years, of what use is her to the community she came from?

when GEJ didn't give southwest much post, you won't see a Yoruba complain because we think deeply what the individual post will add to us

ekeweramadu is the deputy Senate president, what empowerment programme has he organise for the people of his constituency talkless of Enugu and igboland as a whole

am not supporting buhari but as the executive president he has the right to appoint anyone he feel he can do his work. forget federal character because true form of democracy is not what we are practicing in Nigeria

giving all Igbo all the post in Nigeria, has nothing to do with a common igboman, those people who rather enriched themselves and their families. we are only ranting on unnecessary things in Nigeria
Appointment should be based on federal character, at least, that is what is in our constitution. Whether the appointees are of benefit to their people or not is not constitutional but a matter of desirable intention.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by Yyeske(m): 12:50pm On Sep 01, 2017
Ngokafor:

Nothing,yet you lots generating IGR more than that of the entire African continent as well contributing more than the entire World combined keeps crying like chickens when the region 'contrubuting nothing'agitates to seperate from you and form their own country..

.keep deceiving yourselves with your crappy tales by moonlight information.
Nobody is holding you back not to leave
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by freshest4live: 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2017
magoo10:

my brother Nnamdi KANU is not stupid as you people think ,he has done a lot even before coming down to Nigeria when he was arrested and still doing more which I don't need to enumerate,let hatred not becloud your judgements,I know most of you APC supporters hate him and think he is a political tool but that is far from it ,APC or pdp will not salvage Nigeria's problem because they are all the same.Nnamdi KANU will never oblige any political solution except referendum ,you can take that to the bank.
Nnamdi Kanu has done nada, except the continuous street demonstration.
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by Yyeske(m): 12:52pm On Sep 01, 2017
Marcelo290:
The referendum would speak for all.
And what have you, Nnamdi kanu or IPOB done to get the referendum?
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by Yyeske(m): 12:55pm On Sep 01, 2017
magoo10:

my brother Nnamdi KANU is not stupid as you people think ,he has done a lot even before coming down to Nigeria wTVlhen he was arrested and still doing more which I don't need to enumerate,let hatred not becloud your judgements,I know most of you APC supporters hate him and think he is a political tool but that is far from it ,APC or pdp will not salvage Nigeria's problem because they are all the same.Nnamdi KANU will never oblige any political solution except referendum ,you can take that to the bank.
Then let's know how 'far he has gone, he could even have more supporters if people know about the progress of the agitation
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by Yyeske(m): 12:57pm On Sep 01, 2017
israelmao:
It will be absolutely non-diplomatic,bias and unreasonable to re-arrest and re-detain Kanu,it might pose a great threat and danger to our collective existence as Nigerians.Parley is the answer.
Parley with who, kanu? How biz bros
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by magoo10(m): 12:59pm On Sep 01, 2017
Yyeske:
Then let's know how 'far he has gone, he could even have more supporters if people know about the progress of the agitation
who are you to know howfar kwanu ? park well jor
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by Yyeske(m): 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2017
magoo10:

who are you to know howfar kwanu ? park well jor
All noise from kanu but no action
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by magoo10(m): 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2017
Yyeske:
All noise from kanu but no action
no action but you are already crying to take him back to prison isn't that sign of frustration?
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by YourWife(f): 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
zionmade1:
Dialogue will not help matters
For every igbo that grew up in igboland,.this might be their experience too
as little kids we were meant to see massob members and people shouting biafra as miscreants, we were taught to believe in one nigeria
we held this belief until we came of age.
discrimination stared boldly at us
I was signing the NYSC book of life wen i noticed that most corpers there were born in that region and schooled in that state, something that is hardly seen in the south
I came to discover that the tune for 9 o clock news sounded like an hausa or fulani song
I came to discover that south has the least number of senators and House of reps members there
I came to discover that most of our soldiers are hausas
i came to discover that most of our leaders and politicians were of northern extraction
As an Igbo i found that i will never be the president of nigeria
During NYSC i found out that Hausa corpers were treated with respect while we were treated as rags
I might not support ipob and kanu because of their strategies
Outwardly am called a nigerian, but inside i know i am not just part of this country.
Almost all the major roads in the north are in good condition but i spend up to one hour from oyigbo to eleme
Change my mindset (which is ultimately very difficult) and i will drop biafra

Oh my... How I wish I could pour my heart out.
Someone once told my brother this at his office where he was doing his IT (NNPC) Kaduna Refinery.

*walahi if a jobs comes out, I will never give it to you. Forget your academic excellence and competence, I don't care. Now leave my office*

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by hamilton62(m): 1:08pm On Sep 01, 2017
paiz:
who and who i.e.tribe is progressing more than yhe igbos?
We are in unity and love.ourselves but our ideas can't be the same because we are republicans in nature.
thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by Yyeske(m): 1:09pm On Sep 01, 2017
magoo10:

no action but you are already crying to take him back to prison isn't that sign of frustration?
You and I know he's going back to prison, he knows that too. it is IPOB miscreants and Nnamdi kanu that are already frustrated after all the noise and gragra yet no Biafra yet.
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by magoo10(m): 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2017
Yyeske:
You and I know he's going back to prison, he knows that too. it is IPOB miscreants and Nnamdi kanu that are already frustrated after all the noise and gragra yet no Biafra yet.
you and I know that he cannot go back to prison without consequences ,arrest him first and stop the chest beating
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by Inova(m): 1:16pm On Sep 01, 2017
[quote author=od501 post=60027325][/quote]
I give you my like as what you have said is very sensible. However do not expect more than that from others as IPOB youths have taken over the traffic on Nairaland. Infact Seun should change this forums name to Biafraland.
Theres just so much hate in this forum.
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by arsenal33: 1:16pm On Sep 01, 2017
Marcelo290:
Buhari isn't smart, he thinks everything is force, besides this is coming very late as the only thing Kanu wants to hear now is referendum....
Nnamdi KANU threatened force too
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by elegushichilling: 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2017
zionmade1:
Dialogue will not help matters
For every igbo that grew up in igboland,.this might be their experience too
as little kids we were meant to see massob members and people shouting biafra as miscreants, we were taught to believe in one nigeria
we held this belief until we came of age.
discrimination stared boldly at us
I was signing the NYSC book of life wen i noticed that most corpers there were born in that region and schooled in that state, something that is hardly seen in the south
I came to discover that the tune for 9 o clock news sounded like an hausa or fulani song
I came to discover that south has the least number of senators and House of reps members there
I came to discover that most of our soldiers are hausas
i came to discover that most of our leaders and politicians were of northern extraction
As an Igbo i found that i will never be the president of nigeria
During NYSC i found out that Hausa corpers were treated with respect while we were treated as rags
I might not support ipob and kanu because of their strategies
Outwardly am called a nigerian, but inside i know i am not just part of this country.
Almost all the major roads in the north are in good condition but i spend up to one hour from oyigbo to eleme
Change my mindset (which is ultimately very difficult) and i will drop biafra

This is arrantly bias nonsense. The former president of this country is from where? Why didn't he correct this annomaly pointed out by you if they were true, oh, perhaps his views on the easterns are different from yours. Instead, they are busy syphoning the wealth of this country together with the former foolish minister of petroleum who is from your village. Your problem is that you are putting the cart b4 d horse. Was the stolen wealth meant for development of ibo land or for personal empowerment. The problem of this country is general but you will never see that. You think it is only ibo suffering when numerous hausas and yorubas are also suffering in their homeland. Do we address our setbacks to the igbo people? no. But for you, yoruba and hausa are responsible for your problems.
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by fumiswtpusy(f): 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2017
The northerners don't have 19 states but 8 or 9.because middle belt states like benue and kogi,kwara etc are not north.there is definitely a reason why it is called middle belt.
And we yorubas we never give them kwara and kogi,even though we are there slaves,they still want to grab our land.
Our cowardice don do#
Please some one tell me the meaning of these proverb.
Out of the betrayals,came a girl who is a betrayal,betraying her people,who are betrayals.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Speaks On Yahoo Boys Saga / 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu / Igbo Group Urges Buhari To Fulfill Promise To South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.