Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,400 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Evolution: What's Your Take On It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evolution: What's Your Take On It? (3464 Views)

I Don't Believe In Evolution. I Believe Humans Were Genetically Engineered. / Part Of Evolution Theory That Got Me Really Confused....can There Be An Answer? / Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by MiddleDimension: 5:39pm On Sep 01, 2017
As an atheist, Evolution, though there are still some gaps in our understanding of the universe and the foundation of all life, offers a far richer and more meaningful explanation of life in general, than any other alternative narative there is.

You only need to look at the species in different parts of the world, the fossils of extinct versions of current species as well as those of species that are non existent anymore we've got. You also need to look up on the genetic codes of different species we have at our disposal to be able to understand that evolution is actually a far truer explanation of life.

But what do you think? What are your veiws on evolution? What are your reservations if you've got any? Let us have a meaningful discussion. No insults, etc.

@Algerian1 you are welcome in here too.

2 Likes

Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by kingxsamz(m): 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2017
I don't believe in Evolution....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by MiddleDimension: 5:57pm On Sep 01, 2017
kingxsamz:
I don't believe in Evolution....
why? Care to tell us what you understand about the Evolution theory?
Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 01, 2017
people often make the same mistake about the theory of evolution, and this is based on the word theory.

a "scientific theory" as used in the disciplines of science is significantly different from the common vernacular usage of the word "theory" , same for mathematic theoris that are used from the simple things of daily life to the calculation of missile launch and mission to other planets , same for all scientific theories

so the theory of evolution is not something that one believes or does not believe , but millions of solid irrefutable scientific facts , tens and hundreds of thousands of discoveries of scientists across the whole planet and in all fields of science . the reference in all the universities and schools of the world .

of course, given that the subject is hudge to search in so many sientific fields , there are always debates in some small detail, some scientific fields ; missing links, blanks to complete, and that is precisely how science works. to impose a scientific discovery it takes years and years of research of debates among the scientific community , solid facts, other research made by other different team ect .... this is how it works science .

therefore, people resume all this hudge subject to humain monkey and are offended when they say that the holy human and monkey come from the same branch, which are so similar to the anatomy , same poeple will be the first to say that all the breed of dogs , that have huge differences between races , are all dogs ! but for holy humain no ! he came from the skies to this planete like he is . ( here its a religion subject , believes or does not believe , but i dont want to talk about religion) only science and facts .

pic : this is all same race : dogs ! sooo differente in anatomy , take a human and a bonobo or chimpanzee , their is less difference

4 Likes

Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by Uyi168: 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2017
Nothing in biology makes sense except only in the light of evolution..

2 Likes

Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by CoolUsername: 7:22pm On Sep 01, 2017
Uyi168:
Nothing in biology makes sense except only in the light of evolution..

This is a surprise. Weren't you once against it?
Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by josh123(m): 7:39pm On Sep 01, 2017
I dont care
Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by Uyi168: 7:42pm On Sep 01, 2017
CoolUsername:

This is a surprise. Weren't you once against it?
Where?
Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by DeSepiero(m): 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2017
The theory of evolution is currently the most comprehensive scientific explanation for biodiversity on earth.

3 Likes

Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by CoolUsername: 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2017
Uyi168:
Where?

Hmmm. I thought you were UyiIredia. Am I wrong?

1 Like

Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by ifenes(m): 3:33am On Sep 02, 2017
Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by ifenes(m): 3:40am On Sep 02, 2017
Evolution is not necessarily true. Most part is a cover up to a bigger event/events that took place in the past. People need to be taught something, hence the evolution of apes to human is academically accepted. Can an ape actually evolve into a human in a few hundred thousands of years ? Impossible! There is more to it, Same as dogs.

Cross-breeding in dogs , same as human is a result from other mixture from other places science will not say. But again, people looking for evidence with our today's limited scientific tools are merely wasting their time. It's not in your science books but in your religious books,ancient books etc, all being misinterpreted.

One of the ancient books said " the technology gods rode from the dog-star ( Sirius) to earth to genetically procreate with the female species on this planet to create Morden humans" but the bible reformed it to " and the sons of god came down unto the daughters of men". You can spot the massive difference and the same message. Evolution itself is a deliberate brainwash of science students,just like religion does to its follower. Only a non affiliated thinker can actually see the universe for what it is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by Hier(m): 4:07am On Sep 02, 2017
MiddleDimension:

why? Care to tell us what you understand about the Evolution theory?

I really wish to understand what evolution is, please, what came first, before evolution? Some say big bang, am not sure, just asking.
Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by Hier(m): 4:16am On Sep 02, 2017
DeSepiero:
The theory of evolution is currently the most comprehensive scientific explanation for biodiversity on earth.

Wooooow, I wanna be an athiest with your audacity, convert me, felixomor, dont you find the fact that some atheist that viewed my thread can't say anything here. God bless logic

#LogicIsWinning

1 Like

Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by MiddleDimension: 8:19am On Sep 02, 2017
Hier:

I really wish to understand what evolution is, please, what came first, before evolution? Some say big bang, am not sure, just asking.

yes, it was the big bang. After the big bang, there was an evolution of life from non living matter to living matter. It is a shame for me as a physicist that i do not know very much about the big bang yet. It is a subject i would like to study into in-to-to. I have been studying the relativity theory as carefully as i can although, other cares of life are interfering.

Studying these things outside of the confines of the school is far better as my aim is to gain an intrinsic understanding of the cosmos.
Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 02, 2017
ifenes:
Can an ape actually evolve into a human in a few hundred thousands of years ?

thats the problem you take the human as the end of evolution the holy final thing that apes have to evolve . life does not work like this , the actually apes have evolved to from our ancestors , as we have evolved to . actual apes will continue to evolve in the futur and not necessary in the same way then as , and we humain will evolve to .

maybe in 1 million year or 2 , the living poeple will find our bones and classify us , as apes or prehistoric ancestors . life always evolve and humain as we are now are not the end for life evolution .

1 Like

Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by MiddleDimension: 9:03am On Sep 02, 2017
ifenes:
Evolution is not necessarily true. Most part is a cover up to a bigger event/events that took place in the past. People need to be taught something, hence the evolution of apes to human is academically accepted. Can an ape actually evolve into a human in a few hundred thousands of years ? Impossible! There is more to it, Same as dogs.

Cross-breeding in dogs , same as human is a result from other mixture from other places science will not say. But again, people looking for evidence with our today's limited scientific tools are merely wasting their time. It's not in your science books but in your religious books,ancient books etc, all being misinterpreted.

One of the ancient books said " the technology gods rode from the dog-star ( Sirius) to earth to genetically procreate with the female species on this planet to create Morden humans" but the bible reformed it to " and the sons of god came down unto the daughters of men". You can spot the massive difference and the same message. Evolution itself is a deliberate brainwash of science students,just like religion doesn't to its follower. Only a non affiliated thinker can actually see the universe for what it is.

i am afraid you are not getting something quite correctly and it is a common misunderstanding many people have.

We did not decend from apes, that's not what evolution is saying. We are cousins of other apes; we are apes ourselves! There are 5 apes currently existing in the world now, they are: Gibbons, Orangutans, Gorrilas, Chimpanzees and Man.

An ape is not any particular specie; an ape is an animal that looks like those ones i mentioned above and have no tail. So a monkey is NOT an ape since it has a tail. To be an ape, you don't only need to look like that, you also should not have a tail. Among the apes, the Chimpanzees are our closest in the evolutionary chain. This has been proven to be correct by all palentological and DNA evidence, and also psychology.

The statement "chimps are our closest relatives" means that we evolved from the same parent. They took their own branch and we took ours.

There is a video i would have loved you to watch, but i just lay my hands on it now. When i do, i will let you see it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by Hier(m): 10:40am On Sep 02, 2017
MiddleDimension:

yes, it was the big bang. After the big bang, there was an evolution of felixomor life from non living matter to living matter. It is a shame for me as a that i do not know very much about the big bang yet. It is a subject i would like to into in-to-to. I have been studying the relativity theory as carefully as i can although, other cares of life are interfering.

Studying these things outside of the confines of the school is far better as my aim is to gain an intrinsic understanding of the cosmos.
I recently saw a thread that talk about big bang, and it will blow your mind boss

www.nairaland.com/4026168/atheist-bible-must-share-every

1 Like

Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by Hier(m): 10:41am On Sep 02, 2017
MiddleDimension:

yes, it was the big bang. After the big bang, there was an evolution of felixomor life from non living matter to living matter. It is a shame for me as a that i do not know very much about the big bang yet. It is a subject i would like to into in-to-to. I have been studying the relativity theory as carefully as i can although, other cares of life are interfering.

I recently saw a thread that talk about big bang, and it will blow your mind boss

www.nairaland.com/4026168/atheist-bible-must-share-every

I hope you find the thread helpful

1 Like

Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:48am On Sep 02, 2017
Its SCAM by random selection started by Mavrodi Charles Darwin, Later got support from attention seeking scientist who later help Darwin to use radioactive dating to determine the age of molded fossils called kenyapithecus wickeri.

But what they fail and unable to do is to reverse the process of dating and tell us when we should be expecting the next evolution of another species. For example some species of animal are going extinct due to threat to life but evolution claim that species evolved into higher animal so as to survive but [1]WHY could such animal not survive?

Human being also faced some other threat in one way or the other, [2]WHY are we yet to evolve into a kind of wing-bearing creature an fly just away?

[3] When should be expecting another evolution experience after
[4] Is Evolution process a progressive or Seasonal?

You can educate me where necessary
Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by Uyi168: 12:31pm On Sep 02, 2017
CoolUsername:

Hmmm. I thought you were UyiIredia. Am I wrong?
..we are two different persons..
Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by MiddleDimension: 2:21pm On Sep 02, 2017
GoodMuyis:
Its SCAM by random selection started by Mavrodi Charles Darwin, Later got support from attention seeking scientist who later help Darwin to use radioactive dating to determine the age of molded fossils called kenyapithecus wickeri.

But what they fail and unable to do is to reverse the process of dating and tell us when we should be expecting the next evolution of another species. For example some species of animal are going extinct due to threat to life but evolution claim that species evolved into higher animal so as to survive but [1]WHY could such animal not survive?

Human being also faced some other threat in one way or the other, [2]WHY are we yet to evolve into a kind of wing-bearing creature an fly just away?

[3] When should be expecting another evolution experience after
[4] Is Evolution process a progressive or Seasonal?

You can educate me where necessary

1. the reason species evolve is so as to remove that which hinders its survival and successful reproduction, and add up to that which supports it.

2. Humans have been evolving all the time too. The anatomical difference doesn't become obvious until a vast span of time has passed. Among some of the threats we have faced before and are still facing now, is the plague and aids epidemic which happened in Europe and Africa respectively.

The plague took a third (or 2/3, i cannot remember which now) of the population of Europe and the people of Europe now, are the descendants of those with the genetic variation that helped them to survive the plague. This means that the population of Europe today is largely composed of people who've got an immunity to the virus that caused the plague.

In Africa, there are now people with the variation to resist HIV. This is called ADAPTATION. If you go to brothels, there are sex workers there who have been sex workers for long and have had so many sexual experiences with a section of the population among whom the prevalence of HIV is very high. But some of these sex workers survived HIV anyway. This means that they have variations to resist the virus. In any epidemic situation, those who are suceptible get sick and die; then the ones who are immuned, will live and pass on those variations to their next generation. That's how it works. That's for diseases which we could not develop the medicine to cure and eventually take our lives.

For many diseases in general, we have evolved big brains to help us think and come up with vaccines and other measures to help us deal with the health threats the germs pose to us. This is why we are living longer than we have ever lived and are more in number than we have ever been.

As for "why didn't we grow wings to fly", well, flying wasn't necessary for our survival, and even if it does, our evolution to meet that necessity, wasn't going to be anatomical, but technological, which we have now achieved, the aeroplane and diffrent forms of it.

Lastly, evolution is not seasonal, it is on going. But like experts tell us, the it will take a real while to see an observable difference. We have remains of those that live long long ago and we have compared them to present species and the difference is massive!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by MiddleDimension: 2:22pm On Sep 02, 2017
@algerian1, what do you think?
Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2017
As a scientist and as a believer:

Macro-evolution- No dice.

Micro-evolution- most definitely because God programmed this ability into living creations.

In other words, i dont subscribe that life on earth began from big bang and primordial soup.....or monkeys to apes to humans etc......

Otherwise i would have to believe that all human achievements in science and technology were and are products of big bang and primordial crap and no intelligence behind them whatsoever. Now, doesnt that sound plain stupid?!

However, i do beleive that.....

All living things have the ability to adapt and micro evolve via procesess such as natural selection, genetic mutations and variability and such....
Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by ifenes(m): 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2017
MiddleDimension:

i am afraid you are not getting something quite correctly and it is a common misunderstanding many people have.

We did not decend from apes, that's not what evolution is saying. We are cousins of other apes; we are apes ourselves! There are 5 apes currently existing in the world now, they are: Gibbons, Orangutans, Gorrilas, Chimpanzees and Man.

An ape is not any particular specie; an ape is an animal that looks like those ones i mentioned above and have no tail. So a monkey is NOT an ape since it has a tail. To be an ape, you don't only need to look like that, you also should not have a tail. Among the apes, the Chimpanzees are our closest in the evolutionary chain. This has been proven to be correct by all palentological and DNA evidence, and also psychology.

The statement "chimps are our closest relatives" means that we evolved from the same parent. They took their own branch and we took ours.

There is a video i would have loved you to watch, but i just lay my hands on it now. When i do, i will let you see it.

I used an ape as an example, I wasn't necessarily saying man evolved from ape. There is no point showing me videos, I'm in line with what you said. Apes or similar humanoid will evolve in a million years due to factors such as environment, weather etc, but our today human too a few thousand years to evolve fast. Something happened obviously happened.

1 Like

Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by obinna58(m): 4:38pm On Sep 02, 2017
Evolution theory is far more better than all this religious nonsense, it might be true, it may not but at least they got a valued explanations

3 Likes

Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by swegiedon(m): 6:41pm On Sep 02, 2017
ifenes:

I used an ape as an example, I wasn't necessarily saying man evolved from ape. There is no point showing me videos, I'm in line with what you said. Apes or similar humanoid will evolve in a million years due to factors such as environment, weather etc, but our today human too a few thousand years to evolve fast. Something happened obviously happened.
Yea something big happened.part evolution part creation resulted in the first "ADAM".the anunaki humanoids from "ABOVE" did this by means of genetic engineering .This is part of the "big thing" that occurred.

2 Likes

Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by vaxx: 7:30pm On Sep 02, 2017
MiddleDimension:
As an atheist, Evolution, though there are still some gaps in our understanding of the universe and the foundation of all life, offers a far richer and more meaningful explanation of life in general, than any other alternative narative there is.

You only need to look at the species in different parts of the world, the fossils of extinct versions of current species as well as those of species that are non existent anymore we've got. You also need to look up on the genetic codes of different species we have at our disposal to be able to understand that evolution is actually a far truer explanation of life.

But what do you think? What are your veiws on evolution? What are your reservations if you've got any? Let us have a meaningful discussion. No insults, etc.

am a believer. the evidence of evolution is too accurate, though they are some few scientists who disagree. am in between. I will not say no or yes. no because it go against logic yes because it is align with science. I prefer to be neutral.

there is another study that proof whale ancestor do work with their legs. so funny to be true

1 Like

Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by ifenes(m): 7:43pm On Sep 02, 2017
swegiedon:
Yea something big happened.part evolution part creation resulted in the first "ADAM".the anunaki humanoids from "ABOVE" did this by means of genetic engineering .This is part of the "big thing" that occurred.
Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by jonbellion(m): 7:45pm On Sep 02, 2017
Xiadnat:
As a scientist and as a believer:

Macro-evolution- No dice.

Micro-evolution- most definitely because God programmed this ability into living creations.

In other words, i dont subscribe that life on earth began from big bang and primordial soup.....or monkeys to apes to humans etc......

Otherwise i would have to believe that all human achievements in science and technology were and are products of big bang and primordial crap and no intelligence behind them whatsoever. Now, doesnt that sound plain stupid?!

However, i do beleive that.....

All living things have the ability to adapt and micro evolve via procesess such as natural selection, genetic mutations and variability and such....

there's nothing like macro or micro evolution
The really interesting thing is that it's all evolution

1 Like

Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by CoolUsername: 7:46pm On Sep 02, 2017
Uyi168:
..we are two different persons..

Oh, ok.

1 Like

Re: Evolution: What's Your Take On It? by KingSango(m): 11:04pm On Sep 07, 2017
MiddleDimension:

Evolution is a false theory because no one can explain how they have dug up civilizations that are more advanced than the modern. There's a book called, "Hidden Archaeology", and it contains facts about finds of artifacts, tools, etc, so exquisite in design, so sophisticated that no so called primitive culture could ever fashion. The Europeans are immature they find something that makes their existence seem so unimportant so they just hide it. Europeans destroy cultures, burn books, and hide ancient knowledge all the time. The Romans hide the Flat Earth for centuries. They also hide Astrology by using their Bible to declare it heretic all the while using Astrology. If you want my opinion, as a reformed Atheist, once you see juju work it throws out all the laws of physics. Matter doesn't exist my friend, just like its said among the Vedic Astrology, Hinduism, Egyptians, the world is an illusion. The world has been here for unlimit amount of time, many, many, cycles of creation and destruction. Many people in cults at the highest levels know all I'm telling you the truth. Don't make up your mind until you have searched, searched, and searched. Don't rule nothing out just because its looks or sound ridiculous. Ase. Love, Sango.

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? / How Christians Aid The Spread Of Atheism / Different Muslim Groups in Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.