Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,025 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:38 AM

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating (32334 Views)

Juju Drama During Nigeria Vs Cameroon Match (Video) / Women's World Cup: See The Moment Cameroon Player Spit On England Star / Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2017
A fantastic performance from the Super Eagles. Embarrassed the African champions to the utter shock of everyone. Started slowly with Cameroun calling the shots for the first 15 minutes before Eagles got into the game and got one of their best results in two decades.

Anyway, here is how the individual players performed.

1, EZENWA
Fantastic saves. Uncommon confidence. Good entertainment. When you consider the fact that the jeeper at the other end was the keeper that was in post for the Ajax team that got to Europa final just last year, you have to give the home-based Nigerian kudos. 8/10

2, SHEHU
The former (?) Kano Pillars player who plays can also play as a DM did good job as a left back and like he is gotten the shirt for keeps. Good use of ball. Good connection with the Genk man at the right wing with him. Good game. 7/10

3, ECHIEJILE
Age catching up in him but decent performance. Didn't help attack much but did a decent job in defence. Did a couple of stoppages, but can do better in speed. 5/10

4, ONAZI
Onazi was left at the front of the back 4 while the other DM, Ndidi, played deeper into the midfield, for the bettet part of the game. Hard marking as usual, even though a couple of missteps. Pushed forward ince and got the assist for the final goal. 6/10

5, EKONG

Initially struggled with the attack of the Indomitable lions, with a couple of slips. Lucky not to have given away a goaling the opening minutes. Later picked up. Good job in defence to stop Vincent Abubakar and the daring attavk of the Lions. 6/10

6, BALOGUN
Leon combined well with Ekong to stop the admittedly ineffectively attack of the men from Cameroun. Looked like the better of the two central defenders. Neat job too. 7/10

7, SIMON
Was largely anonymous in the first half. Not able to do his trademark tricks, but a moment of brilliance from him got the Nigerian team the thirsd goal. 6/10

8, NDIDI
Alongside Mikel, ruled the midfield. Tried pushing forward a couple of times too. Good support for Mikel. 7/10

9, IGHALO
I was initially worried by the way he was pocketed by the Camerounian defenders and was second-guessing the one-man attack system. But he scored a typical number 9 goal - chance comes, take it. Good work in cutting the Camerounian defender and world class finish. Good work in selking dummy to the two Camerounian markers for the second goal too. His breaking the duck helped bring SE back into the game. 8/10

10, MIKEL

Well, again, showed class. A goal and an assist, and the initiator of the attack that got another goal, what else can one ask for. Clearly showed the France-based Camerounian midfielders he wasn't rheir mate. Good leadership too. 9/10.

11, MOSES
Another class display. Proved he was a senior man. Missed one or two scorin chancea but his goal and overall contribution cannot be donwplayed. He and Mikel were clearly the moat creative on the field. Little wonder the team went almost flat again after the exit of the duo. 8/10

SUBS

IHEANACHO
Good positioning to score the final goal. 6/10

AGU
Tried his best to continue where Mikel stopped. Not bad in control of the midfield. 6/10

MUSA
Unrated. Not seen.

COACH ROHR
Good job. Great selection, especially with cjoice of keeper and starting Mikel and benching Musa and Iheanacho, which many coaches may not have done. 8/10

Lalasticlala - 10/10

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 01, 2017
Front page bound. Man of the match is V.Moses

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by Tolexander: 8:18pm On Sep 01, 2017
Spectators at the stadium - 10/10

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by Tolexander: 8:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
CHINE55:
we had men of the match, not man of the match!

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by michoade(m): 8:20pm On Sep 01, 2017
Correction bro, Daniel Akpeyi (former warri wolves) goalkeeper plays for ajax capetown in south africa not ajax amsterdam.

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by Tolexander: 8:21pm On Sep 01, 2017
michoade:
Correction bro, Daniel Akpeyi (former warri wolves) goalkeeper plays for ajax capetown in south africa not ajax amsterdam.
you are right bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by lexyman(m): 8:24pm On Sep 01, 2017
Nice work Jarus ! but not satisfied with Leon's rating ,he deserves 8.5/10 , he made the cameroonian striker looked ordinary , made a couple of good clearance ...

Moses deserves 9.5/10 .

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by Realdeals(m): 8:32pm On Sep 01, 2017
Jarus rating.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by Afritop(m): 8:35pm On Sep 01, 2017
WE ARE BEST TEAM IN AFRICAN FOOTBALL. WE TAUGHT THE CAN DEFENDING CHAMPIONS THAT FOOTBALL NA SENSE AND SKILL cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by ilori1930(m): 8:39pm On Sep 01, 2017
michoade:
But Daniel Akpeyi was not mentioned in his post

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by mazimee(m): 8:45pm On Sep 01, 2017
lexyman:
Nice work Jarus ! but not satisfied with Leon's rating ,he deserves 8.5/10 , he made the cameroonian striker looked ordinary , made a couple of good clearance ...

Moses deserves 9.5/10 .

As in ehn... Balogun was extra good at the defence, world class defense.

33 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 01, 2017
Moses is by far Nigeria's best player

34 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 01, 2017
Nice one. I think all the players did really well. N14,000,000 Team. grin

Join my facebook group for free 3.00 daily odds >> https://web./FootballBettingOdds/
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by Xlad(m): 8:51pm On Sep 01, 2017
nice game
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by Elnino4ladies: 9:07pm On Sep 01, 2017
Mikel man of the match

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2017
I think Leon Balogun deserves a 9/10, he was world class.
The least rating should be 7/10, the boys were really super and remember Cameroon are the reigning African champions.
Commentators -1/10 angry

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by iluvpomo(m): 9:17pm On Sep 01, 2017
Super Eagles was SUPER today ... made my weekend!

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by jejemanito: 9:17pm On Sep 01, 2017
Disagree with Leon Balogun's rating.

That guy deserve nothing less than 8/10

In fact Buhari should appoint him as the Minister of Defence of the Federal Republic.

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by barackodam: 9:17pm On Sep 01, 2017
Na so, dem really try today sha

You got Onazi right, he was the only player I didn't notice throughout the entire game, I mean, I didn't even see him at all, until he got the assist.

Nigeria has a way of casting tickets sha, person stake 10k on top u1.5 in half time, another, 20k on top u2.5 in full time.....

I still dey laf both of them grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by OluDare01(m): 9:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
SHEHU played right back, not left back

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by djosh4(m): 9:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
#OyinboWall

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by MrGreenMavro: 9:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
I had to check my TV well to be sure it was Nigeria that was playing wen I saw the scoreline

23 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by EmekaBlue(m): 9:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
Me 10/10 for my support

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by QuietHammer(m): 9:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
We had the lions for dinner.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by chris4gold(m): 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2017
Nice 1
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by SexyNairalander: 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2017
FOOTBALL ARENA
A platform for lovers of football.

Get the latest news, transfer, facts, analysis and many more. Also discussing football ⚽⚽⚽⚽

join our telegram group with the link below

https:///fbarena
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by introvertedsoul: 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2017
Mikel / Leon
Moses
Ighalo

In that order.
Its however scary that we are yet to produce a potential replacement for Mikel in the event of his retirement, as I am yet to see any midfielder capable of dictating and coordinating the the play apart from him.

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by reyscrub(m): 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2017
Good
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by elibest360(m): 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2017
undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by sorepco(m): 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2017
I will give balogun 10 and moses 9. I would have given the keeper 9 but his playfulness and nonchalance takes him to 7!! Well done lads.

CHINE55:

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating by tooth4tooth: 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2017
I disagree with some of the ratings angry

Moses ........................9

Leon Balogun................8

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Utd Chiefs To Visit Saudi Arabia Amid Bin Salman Takeover Interest / Neymar, Oshoala, Coutinho, Mertens, Etc In All Star Nike Advert. / Anthony Joshua Pictured With John Terry In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.