Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,157 members, 7,807,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 (30563 Views)

Buhari Will Surrender Power In 2023 And Not Stand Down – PDP Rages / What Buhari, Security Agencies Will Do To Fayose When He Steps Down – PDP / Femi Otedola: Why I Accepted PDP Offer To Run Against Ambode. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by thenaijaface: 9:25pm On Sep 01, 2017
Billionaire businessman Aliko Dangote has rejected moves by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to get him to contest in the 2019 presidential race on its platform.

According to Daily Times, Dangote declared categorically in a phone interview that he has no interest in politics and nobody or party should tie him to it.He said: “I am an entrepreneur.

My passion is to create jobs for Nigerians and not otherwise. “I am not interested in politics and this is authoritative. No member of any think tank committee has contacted me.

People should stop dropping my name for the 2019 presidency.” Dangote also alleged that some people were peddling the rumors to bring him on collision course with President Buhari.

He said: “This whole thing is an attempt by people who do not like me. They are doing all these with a view to putting me on a collision course with President Muhammadu Buhari and the ruling party.

They are people who are jealous of the successes I have so far recorded in business. “My passion is for business development, provision of jobs and wealth creation, not politics. “I have never shown interest in politics. Am not interested in politics. I am not a politician. My passion has always been business and business.

“Buhari is like a father to me. Nobody should try to set me on a collision course with President Buhari. That will not work. I have high regard and respect for the President. “For emphasis once again, I am not a politician. I can’t and won’t confront President Buhari.

They should leave him out of any high wire politics and horse trading. I also seize this opportunity to warn name droppers to desist from their infamous act. They should stop using my name for politics.

They should not set me on collision course with President Buhari and the government in power.”

Dangote said: “By the time the ongoing Dangote refinery in Lagos and the sugar projects come on stream fully, there will be a great positive development and thousands of jobs created that will change the narrative in the country. That is my passion”.

Source: http://www.thenaijaface.com/2017/09/dangote-turns-down-pdp-offer-to-run-for.html?m=1

47 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by SalamRushdie: 9:28pm On Sep 01, 2017
Strictly business just like me

125 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by Nwodosis(m): 9:32pm On Sep 01, 2017
He prefers as he has been ruling the nation behind the scene!

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:37pm On Sep 01, 2017
PDP de find who dem go scam

175 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by madridguy(m): 9:44pm On Sep 01, 2017
Useless party want to use their reggae spoil Dangote blues tongue tongue tongue

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by madridguy(m): 9:45pm On Sep 01, 2017
grin grin grin

TonyeBarcanista:

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2017
madridguy:
grin grin grin

Hehehe na lie?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by GavelSlam: 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2017
They think he's Ifeanyi Ubah.

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:14pm On Sep 01, 2017
GavelSlam:
They think he's Ifeanyi Ubah.
I pity Ubah

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by MONITZ: 10:18pm On Sep 01, 2017
P.D.P with this offer only want to crumble this guy's business empire If and when he eventually decides to take the offer to run,because his companies books would be looked into and somehow somewhere they would see that he evaded tax, nd import duties too.

This would then be used to nail him nd frustrate his economic fortunes till he isn't able to rise anymore,this is our archaic way of politicking ,this same thing was suggested to Femi Otedola to contest as governor in Lagos nd being a smart person he expressly told them that he wasn't interested..

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by madridguy(m): 10:26pm On Sep 01, 2017
You're so point.

TonyeBarcanista:

Hehehe na lie?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by baike: 10:34pm On Sep 01, 2017
you already have money no need to go and stole ur money

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:44pm On Sep 01, 2017
baike:
you mean "steal" I'm sure..

Pls modify boss

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by Jesusloveyou: 10:51pm On Sep 01, 2017
Hmm
Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by GavelSlam: 10:53pm On Sep 01, 2017
baike:

Jonathan's student.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by bkool7(m): 10:56pm On Sep 01, 2017
Though u know Dangote is not interested in politics but the wordings of this writeup has "fake news" written all over it.

Its the desperate,work of a low life blogger

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by omenkaLives(m): 10:57pm On Sep 01, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Confam. cheesy

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 01, 2017
Aliko Dangote is rich enough to pay the Nigerian President for as long as he likes. As the President of the Dangote Group, he's a President himself.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:59pm On Sep 01, 2017
GavelSlam:

Jonathan's student.
Bros, nobody is infallible abeg...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by donphilopus: 11:04pm On Sep 01, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
you too spoil abeg... Do make you marry biko

cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:07pm On Sep 01, 2017
donphilopus:

cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley smiley smiley
Bros how far na? You just go lowkey since Senator Obende carry your bowleg enter Obaseki Government...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 by Jesusloveyou: 11:09pm On Sep 01, 2017
MONITZ:
They just want to crumble this guy's conglomerate If and when he eventually decides to take the offer to run because his companies books would be looked into and somehow somewhere they would see that he evaded tax nd import duties too.

This would then be used to nail him nd frustrate his economic fortunes till he isn't able to rise anymore because this is our archaic way of politicking ,this same thing was suggested to Femi Otedola to contest as governor in Lagos nd being a smart person he expressly told them that he wasn't interested..
is PDP that is not well, looking for trouble up and down

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Setting Traps For Buhari With Last-minute Appointments, Sack- Ikanya / Gumsi Abacha Shares Some Family Photos, Including Her Mother / Unknown Gunmen Burn Houses In Imo State, Loot Shops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.