Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? (17128 Views)

Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? / FG To Pay For Free Power Supply, Says Discos / Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by Okoroawusa: 9:04am On Sep 02, 2017
uniquelyspecial:

in my own Egbe, we don't get up to dat oo. unless u stay around synagogue
Sweet savor
Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 02, 2017
cassidy1:
God help us,still on sharing mode here,sapele road ,Benin city
But there is light at powerline off sapele road for 18 hours everyday

2 Likes

Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by obua: 9:07am On Sep 02, 2017
INTERMAN:
In my area in ile-ife we now enjoy almost 24hrs power supply. At least half of the day and above. Mostly more than half a day of electricity. As i have said sometimes 24hrs unstop. In the past the only place we enjoy such power is on OAU campus.

But now, power is now better even outside campus. Now i save money for nepa bill every month even as a student because they are just too good. No need to rush to charge phones , no fear of light been taken out in the night. Candles and kerosene stove now close to been useless.

How is it in your area? Hope you are equally enjoying power supply like me?
Current power generation and transmission capacity is just about 10% of demand. So let's stop all unnecessary discussion about how good or bad power supply is. When you have light, 90% of other Nigerians don't have.

4 Likes

Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by esanabiodun: 9:09am On Sep 02, 2017
12 hours everyday, Lokoja, Kogi state.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by Keballl: 9:11am On Sep 02, 2017
Joguns:
Please, Akure is in the Southwest and it is 2hrs electricity for 2 or 3 days here. They need to beam their searchlight on electricity supply to this city.

Akure is really terrible. God have mercy angry angry

2 Likes

Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by shegun85: 9:13am On Sep 02, 2017
More than 24hrs....light don tire us 4 our area

2 Likes

Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by kbzee11(m): 9:15am On Sep 02, 2017
INTERMAN:
In my area in ile-ife we now enjoy almost 24hrs power supply. At least half of the day and above. Mostly more than half a day of electricity. As i have said sometimes 24hrs unstop. In the past the only place we enjoy such power is on OAU campus.

But now, power is now better even outside campus. Now i save money for nepa bill every month even as a student because they are just too good. No need to rush to charge phones , no fear of light been taken out in the night. Candles and kerosene stove now close to been useless.

In the main Calabar south of Calabar it is the opposite of light situation in your area.

We hardly have light here. All we normally see here is flash, they will just flash and then take it back...its really frustrating..

if u see how we go rush to charge phone once them bring light, you go pity us and before u know it, them don take am...I don't know the kind offense wey we have committed o...

the only time they use to give for few hour is month end when they will becoming for bills...

Its really peculiar in this part of calabar but there use to be light in other parts. At least when I step out of the house, I use to see light in other parts of calabar..

2 Likes

Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by hakinze00(m): 9:15am On Sep 02, 2017
It is has been fantastic, past 5days dey haven't blinked the light, even b4 d 5days it has always been stable

2 Likes

Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by ikemesit4477: 9:17am On Sep 02, 2017
obembet:
To be sincere, some part in Osun state especially ( Ilesa) are now enjoying 24hrs... Sometimes, 3days... And I hear that most places in south west are enjoying same...
Now, I don't even know where my generator is....

Sometimes, I do for forger to charge my fone cos PHCN is sure

I doubt if any state in Nigeria enjoy light as much as Osun State

Kudos to Fasola only

NOT APC
yea, is true cos we are using the same electricity with them

1 Like

Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by agabusta: 9:17am On Sep 02, 2017
slimfit1:

It is senseless idea for osun to be generating power with olorunsogo etc sending it to national grid first before returning to osun again the amount of generation lost in the transfer is what is killing the system in the first place.

The National Grid itself is in Osun State.
Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by kbzee11(m): 9:18am On Sep 02, 2017
shegun85:
More than 24hrs....light don tire us 4 our area

Una own better Ooooo !!!!! :

Una own better Ooooo !!!!!
Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by mistayeancah(m): 9:19am On Sep 02, 2017
teacherbim:

24hours shocked
I tell you.
Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:19am On Sep 02, 2017
Hizzy:
my area for Ebonyi, Onueke 40 minutes light we the see
since 2012 the just fixed our transformer last month July we had 5years of no light
Government are wicked Government are bad
which part of onueke please?
Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by Abdogood(m): 9:19am On Sep 02, 2017
Here in Abeokuta it has improved dramatically. Two months now, I have not buy fuel for my Gen. Up to 15hrs light is guaranteed in my area. I wont tell the area so that those idiot won't press spoil on our transformer fuse. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by Windflower(f): 9:20am On Sep 02, 2017
uncleade:

YOU MEAN ELECTRIC LIGHT OR SUN LIGHT?
Electricity
Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by Omeiz(m): 9:21am On Sep 02, 2017
Constant Power Supply... Jimeta-YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE
Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by curlarpy: 9:22am On Sep 02, 2017
At Iwo Road here in Ibadan..... We enjoyed 12-19hrs
Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by johnamedu: 9:24am On Sep 02, 2017
Here in Akamkpa, Cross River state, we enjoy light about 7hrs - 8hrs/ day, two weeks every month. The two weeks are, the last and the first week. This is to enable them to collect their bills, and there will bee no light once they have done that. We often see them with lather cutting electric wire during this period. We have realised that nothing is wrong with the light. What can we do to better the situation of this poor power supply, because there is hardly any place in Nigeria where we can have 24/7 power supply? Do we begin to be pelting our politicians with stones? That will be very disastrous.

I am very happy about the advice of Nnamdi Kanu on boycotting of election in Anambara state. This will be a very big lesson not only to Nigerians, but to the entire world. We will realise that power belong to the people and not to the politicians or the government officials. It is going to be the time to tell the politicians if we give u power, u must work. If u go to Abia state and Kogi State, u will understand that politicians are very wicked, and they do not deserve to leave.
Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by MrEdimulo82(m): 9:30am On Sep 02, 2017
obua:
Current power generation and transmission capacity is just about 10% of demand. So let's stop all unnecessary discussion about how good or bad power supply is. When you have light, 90% of other Nigerians don't have.

I agree with you, bro.
Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by johnamedu: 9:31am On Sep 02, 2017
Here in Akamkpa, Cross River state, we enjoy light about 7hrs - 8hrs/ day, two weeks every month. The two weeks are, the last and the first week. This is to enable them to collect their bills, and there will bee no light once they have done that. We often see them with lather cutting electric wire during this period. We have realised that nothing is wrong with the light. What can we do to better the situation of this poor power supply, because there is hardly any place in Nigeria where we can have 24/7 power supply? Do we begin to be pelting our politicians with stones? That will be very disastrous.

I am very happy about the advice of Nnamdi Kanu on boycotting of election in Anambara state. This will be a very big lesson not only to Nigerians, but to the entire world if it works. We will realise that power belong to the people and not to the politicians or the government officials. It is going to be the time to tell the politicians if we give u power, u must work. If u go to Abia state and Kogi State, u will understand that politicians are very wicked, and they do not deserve to leave.
Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by uniquelyspecial(m): 9:35am On Sep 02, 2017
Okoroawusa:
Sweet savor
hmmm
Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by Bj4christ(m): 9:37am On Sep 02, 2017
There has been a lot of improvement,without any doubt,in electricity supply in Agbede community, Ikorodu.Light now runs for days uninterrupted. This is a cheering news.I hope the electricity distribution company,Disco,will replicate same in other parts of the country. We now have value for our money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by mrjojo: 9:42am On Sep 02, 2017
23 - 24hrs daily, been like this for months now.

Ibadan

2 Likes

Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 02, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
which part of onueke please?
Ezeji ogu opposite general hospital
Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by daviefm(m): 9:50am On Sep 02, 2017
REPORTING LIVE FROM OWODE OGBOMOSO

ON AVERAGE, WE ENJOY LIGHT OF 20 HOURS PER DAY
SOMETIMES, THE NEPA WILL JUST REMOVE TO OFF THE LIGHT, THAT MAKES ME LIGHT SICK
ASK ANYONE ABOUT OWODE IN OGBOMOSO

1 Like

Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by korede101(m): 9:54am On Sep 02, 2017
my people after all this light you are celebrating ...the discos IKEDC,IBDC,KDC,PHDC...etc ...refuse to give you pre-paid meter and you are happy....they are eating you raw....but you dont know except people with meter that can celebrate....so wise up and ask for your prepaid meter so you know what you have consumed so far...in Ajao Estate ...it is no prepaid meter no payment ...we can not continue to bribe monkey's climbing the poles. ask for it and here their responds.
Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by Lh19(m): 10:00am On Sep 02, 2017
madridguy:
Barnawa Narayi or complex?
Complex
Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by Obeenah(m): 10:01am On Sep 02, 2017
Get a solar energy unit instead and save yourself the worries.

Call: 0803-512-5915 If interested in getting a Solar energy unit with option of spreading payment over 2 years to own it.

See: www.facebook.com/solarenergynigeria

1 Like

Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by TeamLeader(m): 10:03am On Sep 02, 2017
Honestly in my area here Maryland, light de waste o. We are having lights 24hrs. Fashola is working for ma side

1 Like

Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by deefem81: 10:08am On Sep 02, 2017
I enjoy 20hrs here in ibadan

1 Like

Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 10:08am On Sep 02, 2017
NONEXISTENT. (MOWE)

INTERMAN:

Re: How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? by maybel(m): 10:16am On Sep 02, 2017
About 5 hours everyday in Okene (kogi state) . It's almost 24 hours when the governor is around but as soon as he leaves his country home we go on light fasting spree. Not that we can't get 24 hour light but the marketers are just hellbent in frustrating this government. It's really bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

IGP Directs Police Commissioners To Disarm Militias In States / Safiyah Ashipu Protests In Front Of Ayade's Office Over 2 Year Salary Arrears / Attacks By Boko Haram Have Reduced In Nigeria, Says Buhari - ThisDay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.