Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes (23778 Views)

Asteroid Twice World's Tallest Building Will Pass Through Earth On Friday (Pics) / Asteroid Strikes Earth Off The Coast Of Iceland / Huge 'god Of Chaos' Asteroid Is Speeding Up, Could Hit Earth In 48 Years (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by hassan4: 2:56am On Sep 02, 2017
The asteroid known as Florence is going to make a relatively close shave of Earth today, speeding past our planet closer than it has since the year 1890. But asteroids make their presence known around Earth on a regular basis, so why is this one special? Well, because Florence is absolutely huge, and would pose an incredible threat to life as we know it if it were to actually collide with us. Thankfully, NASA says that’s not going to happen — at least not this time around.

More details on http://castgist.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24525

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by Rtopzy(f): 3:00am On Sep 02, 2017
Florence is my mum's name o!!!!!! what the.........?? where is Lalasticlala?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by hassan4: 3:06am On Sep 02, 2017
Rtopzy:
Florence is my mum's name o!!!!!! what the.........?? where is Lalasticlala?

Hahahaha the scientist chose a rather human name.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by Rtopzy(f): 3:23am On Sep 02, 2017
hassan4:

Hahahaha the scientist chose a rather human name.
They call the universe 'Cosmos' and that's my immediate younger brother's name...... now its my mums name abi? Tell those scientists that I'm not playing with them o!!!! lolz

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by hassan4: 3:24am On Sep 02, 2017
Rtopzy:

They call the universe 'Cosmos' and that's my immediate younger brother's name...... now its my mums name abi? Tell those scientists that I'm not playing with them o!!!! lolz

Hahahahahaha well i guess the Universe must have something to do with your folks.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by Slayer2: 3:26am On Sep 02, 2017
Who folerence epp?

grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by Rtopzy(f): 3:27am On Sep 02, 2017
hassan4:

Hahahahahaha well i guess the Universe must have something to do with your folks.
Bro, stop laughing o, this is not funky o........ lolz

2 Likes

Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by Lovetinz(m): 6:33am On Sep 02, 2017
I need to get myself a crash helmet and maybe an umbrella, just in case it crashes into...

3 Likes

Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by hassan4: 7:46am On Sep 02, 2017
Lovetinz:
I need to get myself a crash helmet and maybe an umbrella, just in case it crashes into...
Doubt if it will affect Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by Lovetinz(m): 8:32am On Sep 02, 2017
^^Wont affect what?
If that baby hits Earth, its bye bye to life as we know it.
It was an asteroid that wiped out the Dinosaurs!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by oluseyiforjesus(m): 11:07am On Sep 02, 2017
Who name ds things Florence? The person must be high on Ibadan weed

1 Like

Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by Ruggedfitness: 11:07am On Sep 02, 2017
Hurricane Harvey
Asteroid Florence

Hope it wouldn't be Recession Buhari soon enough

Americans just love naming things and the world follows...

In other news
10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims
http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/09/celebrities-donated-millions-harvey-flood.html

3 Things You Should Change If You Sleep Like A Log Of Wood
http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/09/3-things-you-should-change-sleep-quality.html

3 Weird Homemade Remedies You Should Try Out
http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/09/3-weird-homemade-remedies-you-should.html

3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep
http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/09/3-things-hard-fall-asleep.html

2 Likes

Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by Amberon11: 11:07am On Sep 02, 2017
Time?
Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by soberdrunk(m): 11:07am On Sep 02, 2017
If you are a Nigerian' and this bothers you, you must have 'dual citizenship' angry

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by shurley22(f): 11:07am On Sep 02, 2017
Florence
Wtf! undecided
Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by paiz: 11:08am On Sep 02, 2017
Florence calm down no be fight

5 Likes

Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 02, 2017
NASA Be telling lies every time.

4 Likes

Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by zeusdgrt(m): 11:09am On Sep 02, 2017
How e take affect my indomie wen dey fire?

2 Likes

Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by repogirl(f): 11:09am On Sep 02, 2017
Salvation.

4 Likes

Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by Papaaldrich: 11:10am On Sep 02, 2017
I don't know if you u understand me.Do you understand.
Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by KendrickAyomide: 11:10am On Sep 02, 2017
Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by DONADAMS(m): 11:10am On Sep 02, 2017
Nothing we no go see
Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by TANKDESTROYER(m): 11:10am On Sep 02, 2017
Mystery of the universe and it's mechanical operations
GOD... ON POINT....
Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by dingbang(m): 11:10am On Sep 02, 2017
I just wish this thing fell on national assembly and senate building

11 Likes

Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by Homeboiy: 11:10am On Sep 02, 2017
Florence ko clearance ni

They named the universe after my name cosmos

1 Like

Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by just2endowed: 11:11am On Sep 02, 2017
xenakongbi337:
Make e fall on earth male this world end abeg

na waoh.

check my signature
Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by daveP(m): 11:11am On Sep 02, 2017
ENDTIME TINZ.
Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by ekensi01: 11:11am On Sep 02, 2017
Make e fall on Hausa and Calabar people. grin

Useless.
Re: A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes by paiz: 11:11am On Sep 02, 2017
Reporting directly from space: The asteriod is going to brush out the northern part of Nigeria from the earth

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unusual 410 Million-Year-Old Armoured Fish Fossil 'Rewrites History Of Sharks' / Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines / Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.