Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,824 members, 7,806,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream (22332 Views)

Don't Ever Buy Airtime Again!!! / Top 8 Smartphones With 4G Support And Big Batteries That Cost Less Than N50,000 / Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by Uwaiwe: 8:26am On Sep 03, 2017
My BlackBerry Q10 is a superb gadget $ can never trade it with any chinko branded phone.

6 Likes

Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 03, 2017
finnestdope:

Yeah, it made the review unique, my site is even ranking no. 1 on search engine whenever you search for kimfly
Did my research.
your site is number seven not number one cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by aanexplus(m): 8:28am On Sep 03, 2017
Freiden:
Say No to substandard phones

When they say the phone has 8MP camera, let it be 8MP not 4MP

When they say the battery is 2400mAh, let it be 24mAh.

My LG phone with 2000mAh battery lasts than my Tecno phone with 2400mAh...

LG 5MP camera clear pass Tecno 8MP camera.

You can't trust all this chinese inferior product. Xiaomi excluded and some other brands.

Say No to Tecno, Infinix, Gionee, Kimfly etc.

You should know one thing... A 2000mah battery can last longer than a 5000mah battery because the 2k battery has been optimised. Also, dere is something called camera algorithm which is used when capturing. That's why 12MP battery is way better than 23MP. I hope you get my point.

Cheers
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by wildcatter23(m): 8:29am On Sep 03, 2017
ddddon:

I have a clean UK used Gionee GN5001s for you. it's 3gig RAM, 16gig ROM and 4000mah.

I can give u for 30k call or what'sapp me on 08031391676 for pics and meet up

The phone is Not Not 3gig ram.
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by geosegun(m): 8:31am On Sep 03, 2017
OgidiOlu3:
Gionee would have been great but they don't release firmware updates. Xiaomi would have been great if they had customer care centres in Nigeria. I'll stick with overpriced Samsung for now, thank you. Not to mention I've been using my Galaxy Note 3 since June, 2014 and it hasn't packed up. I haven't even changed battery. Nokia would have been the king but they came late to the Android party. I've been using my Nokia N8 since April, 2012.

Same with me. I will be changing my Note 3 (still working properly after several fall) this year with Note 8 which is about £869. I would have gone for Apple but I do think Iphones are over hyped because its a US Phone. If Samsung were to be from main US source. It would have been rated the the best phone maker in the world. Note that Samsung produces the Apple phone screens.

Samsung is the best phone maker for now...please check the current note 8 specs.
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:33am On Sep 03, 2017
Appraizzal:

Ulefone Tiger... 30+ sha
Thanks but I'm scared. Tiger? For a moment I thought I saw Uefalona. Lol. I'd check it out. This quack engineers at Ikotun roundabout just turned my phone to a television.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:35am On Sep 03, 2017
ddddon:

I have a clean UK used Gionee GN5001s for you. it's 3gig RAM, 16gig ROM and 4000mah.

I can give u for 30k call or what'sapp me on 08031391676 for pics and meet up
Thanks but I find it difficult to buy fairly used things. Phones I mean. Thanks. I think you can create a thread for it on the business section. Someone will surely contact you.
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by PearlStreet(m): 8:40am On Sep 03, 2017
alhajiwada:
There is a phone that is virtually unknown in Nigeria, the OnePlus. I have been using it since the first version came out in 2014. The current version is called one plus 5, it has mad specs: 8 gigabytes RAM with 128 gigabytes memory & Android Nougat (YES! Samsung S8+ has just 4 gig and 64 gig memory). Check out their phones on oneplus.net or view reviews on YouTube.

Checked Antutu ratings sometimes ago. One plus floored Samsung and iPhone.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by Reborn14(m): 8:44am On Sep 03, 2017
can i get xiaomi at a price of 40k
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by OHIsIManuEL(m): 8:49am On Sep 03, 2017
www.androidauthority.com/how-can-chinese-companies-offer-great-specs-at-such-low-prices-746967/
Chinese OEMs usually take a hit on profit margins just to increase market share
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 03, 2017
careytommy7:

Samsung phones are overpriced but Apple products are worth every cent of it. And yes, Xiaomi products are great value for money.

How are Samsung phones overpriced and Apple iPhones aren't ?
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by vickertony(m): 8:53am On Sep 03, 2017
lexrichy:
i also bought doogee y6 max and am enjoying it. have you been able to root yours?
how much bro.... i mean its equivalent in naira?
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by inosabi: 8:56am On Sep 03, 2017
looking for a quality phone that compete with most known flagship.this is your best bet. currently purchased directly from the manufacturer last year.

what can i say. fast charging speed with type-c usb. excellent camera, browsing speed etc, battery last wella.

update to nougat is available but i am yet to update.

1 Share

Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by segebase(m): 8:57am On Sep 03, 2017
still enjoying my umi touch ...3gb ram ..4000mah..fingerprint fone
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by uvalued(m): 8:58am On Sep 03, 2017
pricerhub:

...and will you choose xiaomi or other mainstream brands like samsung, blackberry, apple, et.c if you have to buy again?

go figure out na chinco de do am abi i lie..samsung or apple
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by wildcatter23(m): 9:00am On Sep 03, 2017
kendrick9:
are u in ph?

Save extra money and get a durable phone.
Also always check the phone specs and review before buying.
A new phone saves you stress than a UK phone. UK phones can be stolen phones too.
I once had an experience when I bought a UK used phone and someone called me on Viber from the US that I stole the phone that she knows that I am in OSHA. Then I was actually there. So one should be wise on UK used phones. Someone I know was arrested for buying used phone. The original owner was kidnapped and murdered. So this guy is still remanded in prison for a crime he didn't commit.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:03am On Sep 03, 2017
martineverest:
the best non western phone is Huawei

What ? lol
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by vickertony(m): 9:04am On Sep 03, 2017
Appraizzal:

Ulefone Tiger... 30+ sha
is that what you are using bro?
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by vickertony(m): 9:07am On Sep 03, 2017
donpata:
At first I was scared. But it's 2 months running now and am enjoying my Ulefone Tiger. I will go for Ulefone, Xiomi, Meizu and One plus. They offer great features at cheaper rates. Just be careful so that u dont crack the touch pad.
Bro... how much for the ulefone tiger... i mean after converting to naira....... is the battery removable? just drop small explanations about the phone for first timers, i never heard of it, until this morning.
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 03, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Many people dont know this. Their low end phones are crap, battery life generally poor, their high end phones are too costly and mostly bad Iphone imitations. I dont know how they jazzed the market to accept them. Apple phones are for people who have money to throw away. The best non-western phone out of China is Xiaomi by a long shot. My next phone is going to be Xiaomi.

How are the high ends too costly and iPhone imitations?
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by shedy03(m): 9:10am On Sep 03, 2017
ZesusHVWritter:
I bought doogee y6 max. Will keep going for phones overseas because the local ones we have are too expensive for me.
thumbs up. am with you.
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by shedy03(m): 9:12am On Sep 03, 2017
ubev01:

Why should i buy a 120k phone when a 60k phone has same or better specs.
I wonder ooooo
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by vickertony(m): 9:13am On Sep 03, 2017
ZesusHVWritter:
I bought doogee y6 max. Will keep going for phones overseas because the local ones we have are too expensive for me.
how much if you convert it in naira?
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by Josephjnr(m): 9:13am On Sep 03, 2017
As funny as it may seems,I will choose gionee over any phone brand anytime.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 03, 2017
futurism:
How much is iphone? With 60-70k I can get iphone 6+ 64GB?

I have one sleeping in luggage.

Most of you just do things to feel among, to "show" you have some money.

The same phone you regard so highly is manufactured and assembled in China.
Abeg shey make i dm you
Iphone 6s plus 64gb for 60k/70k and it's not Android cloned.
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by shedy03(m): 9:19am On Sep 03, 2017
lexrichy:
i also bought doogee y6 max and am enjoying it. have you been able to root yours?
the battery of this y6 max is my major concern. how is 4300mah sufficient for a 6.5 inch display, how long does it last on heavy use?
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by bamasite(m): 9:20am On Sep 03, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
No, it's not. I don't think there's something big or highly qualitative in those specifications I mentioned.

Check the prices of phones on the market against your given spec.......Also look at my explanation then you will understand.
If you visit http://www.phcpromo.com and use the aliexpress links there to buy a product, I can provide you more info & support
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by shedy03(m): 9:30am On Sep 03, 2017
oladele239:
I just ordered one oukitel k3........ I just want to explore their brands..... Sometimes u might just be lucky to get what u never expected..........
the spec is good, and oukitel is a good brand.
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by bellotaofeek: 9:30am On Sep 03, 2017
But infinix is dope too . Thinking of getting note 4 pro. Is there anyone with good or bad experience ?
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by shedy03(m): 9:35am On Sep 03, 2017
donpata:
At first I was scared. But it's 2 months running now and am enjoying my Ulefone Tiger. I will go for Ulefone, Xiomi, Meizu and One plus. They offer great features at cheaper rates. Just be careful so that u dont crack the touch pad.
am thinking of going for ulefone power, I like the 6000mah battery and the FHD display.
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 03, 2017
Bluetooth2:

Perhaps you don't have "dislike" with his choice of word when he called iPhone overrated. He only went for a cheaper phone he could afford which doesnt make a much better phone worthless either.

Life is a choice, so stick with what you can afford and stop bad-mouthing what you can't afford.

No mind them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria / Samsung Galaxy Note 10 And Note 10 Plus - Things You Should Know / What Phone Do You Use And How Long Does The Battery Last.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.