Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Most Used Words In The Bible And What They Really Means - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Most Used Words In The Bible And What They Really Means (458 Views)

Find Any Three Of These Words In The Scripture And Win $100,000 – Reno / What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means / Dorime: Here Is What Era's ‘ameno’ Really Means, It's Not Really Demonic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Used Words In The Bible And What They Really Means by victor44843(m): 1:05pm On Sep 02, 2017
I've came across some certain words in the bible that i observed that many Christians don't know their real meaning including me! Untill i figured out these words and made some researches on them.
smiley
These words sometimes creates confusion for a person reading the bible, with a question in their mind that "what is the meaning of this word?" . Most times, i've tried to look for these words in an english dictionary but it doesn't match with that of the bible.

You also need the help of the Holy Spirit to understand scriptures more than before! You can also read How to Recieve the Holy Spirit

I now have a compilation of these words together with their real meaning which i'm gonna share with you in an alphabetical order.

1. Abyss - This word is used in the new testament mostly in the book of revelations, "abyss" is a place in the depths of the earth or a bottomless pit. According to ancient Jewish teaching, the demons were imprisoned in the abyss until their final punishment.

2. Amen - This "greek" word is used almost everywhere in the new testament of the Bible, infact! all Christians say this word on a daily basis either at the end of a prayer of after a hymn. "Amen" actually has two different meanings: firstly, it means "so be it" which is the most common meaning. It is also used as a name for Jesus Christ in Revelations 3:14.

3. Beelzebul - This word is also known as Beelzebub which is a New Testament name given to the Devil as the chief of the evil spirits and demons, in other words "Beelzebul" also means "The Devil".

4. Chalcedony - "Chalcedony" is a stone which i could really refer to it as a "semi-precious" stone, it's usually milky in colour.

5. Ephod - This is a Hebrew word, although its meaning is unclear in a number of places. But it is a piece of cloth worn over the shoulders by the High Priest which had Urim and the Thummim attached to it.

6. Rabbi - Sometimes when you find this word in an english bible, you might be wondering what this is! but it's a Hebrew word which means "my teacher" in english language. Each time you see this word in the bible, you should replace it with "my teacher" for better understanding.

7. Sackcloth - It's a coarse cloth made of goats hair, this "Sackcloth" is worn as a sign of mourning or sadness.

8. Yoke - Most times, "yoke" is often mistaken for "chains" but they are different although they work together. Yoke is a heavy bar of wood which is fitted over the neck and shoulders of a person, it is used especially for prisoners in the olden days.

source : http://www.gospeltoday.ga/2017/09/most-used-words-in-bible-and-what-they.html

Re: Most Used Words In The Bible And What They Really Means by victor44843(m): 5:44am On Sep 03, 2017
have you read www.gospeltoday.ga today?
Re: Most Used Words In The Bible And What They Really Means by Redoil: 6:06am On Sep 03, 2017
Iron shapnenet iron reading Gods word should be the top priority for every human

1 Like

Re: Most Used Words In The Bible And What They Really Means by Eldahcee: 6:57am On Sep 03, 2017
ok
Re: Most Used Words In The Bible And What They Really Means by DebbyChris(f): 7:22am On Sep 03, 2017
I have never seen that number 4.

(1) (Reply)

Help My Business Is Crashing, God Accept My Offering ?? / Spiritual Portals(1) / An Elderly Woman Asked Me For Alms Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.