Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:42 AM

Ideas Of How To Do My Apprentice In Printing Press Business - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ideas Of How To Do My Apprentice In Printing Press Business (842 Views)

See The Youngest Mechanic Apprentice In Nigeria / Should I Dump My Bsc Degree To Be A Mechanic Apprentice? / Why Nigerian Youths Need To Make The Transition From Graduate To Apprentice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ideas Of How To Do My Apprentice In Printing Press Business by Chidimercy: 10:18pm On Sep 02, 2017
I greet all the members of this great forum. I have bee. a regular visitor and have seen a lot of people post about there problems and got solution times without number, I believe mine wouldn't be an exception.

Just graduated from the university, and deep inside me I want to run a printing press business but my limitations are countless. I wish to get insight on what I have to learn, where I have to Learn it and the likely amount I have to budget for starting a mini-printing business.. Currently i resides in Enugu.

please any one that have an idea of where I can learn the business should kindly come to my aid..

Lalasticlala
Re: Ideas Of How To Do My Apprentice In Printing Press Business by Scholar212(m): 6:33pm On Sep 03, 2017
Printing is a lucrative and tasking business, I worked in a press for about 6months during 2013 ASUU strike, first don't just go and open a press which is capital intensive anyway but first learn from a printer. You can work in a small printing press which has at least one machine for running impressions. Learn graphics design cos that is where customers will definitely come from, you can run digital separation, impression, finishing in separate places without having any machine but just your laptop to design a beautiful work for the client. Costing of jobs is something you will learn from working in a press..
So I would advice you to look for a printing press to attach yourself to the smaller the better because big ones will have a secretary who does account, manager who costs job and numerous workers so you may not really learn anything.

1 Like

Re: Ideas Of How To Do My Apprentice In Printing Press Business by Chidimercy: 8:21pm On Sep 04, 2017
Scholar212:
Printing is a lucrative and tasking business, I worked in a press for about 6months during 2013 ASUU strike, first don't just go and open a press which is capital intensive anyway but first learn from a printer. You can work in a small printing press which has at least one machine for running impressions. Learn graphics design cos that is where customers will definitely come from, you can run digital separation, impression, finishing in separate places without having any machine but just your laptop to design a beautiful work for the client. Costing of jobs is something you will learn from working in a press..
So I would advice you to look for a printing press to attach yourself to the smaller the better because big ones will have a secretary who does account, manager who costs job and numerous workers so you may not really learn anything.
Thanks so much brother.. I really appreciate ur contribution. I have made contact with d person I will learn d work under.. but where best should I learn d graphics.. do I still need further tutorials as regard d graphics or do u think I can Learn it from the printing press
Re: Ideas Of How To Do My Apprentice In Printing Press Business by Scholar212(m): 9:49pm On Sep 04, 2017
Chidimercy:

Thanks so much brother.. I really appreciate ur contribution. I have made contact with d person I will learn d work under.. but where best should I learn d graphics.. do I still need further tutorials as regard d graphics or do u think I can Learn it from the printing press
it depends, if you have a laptop and data you can start learning on your own from LYNDAdotCom, and also from the graphics designer in the press too if there is one as some printers may not have a graphics designer but outsource the design to some guys who run graphics 24/7

1 Like

Re: Ideas Of How To Do My Apprentice In Printing Press Business by Chidimercy: 12:37am On Sep 05, 2017
Scholar212:
it depends, if you have a laptop and data you can start learning on your own from LYNDAdotCom, and also from the graphics designer in the press too if there is one as some printers may not have a graphics designer but outsource the design to some guys who run graphics 24/7
I really appreciate.. I will keep u updated.. pls I don't know if I can have ur contact for time to time advice?

(1) (Reply)

Free Ebook On How To Make $50 Per Day On Fiverr / Which State In Nigeria Has The Highest Salary Package For Their Workers? / Free Lessons On Mini-importation And Dropshipping For Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.