Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,140 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) (34774 Views)

Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan / Trailer Carrying Diesel Sinks In Owerri As A Newly Constructed Road Collapses / Death Trap Road Along Makurdi Lafia Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by Evergreen4(m): 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2017
If this happened in Japan, it will be fixed within the next six hours but in my country, this will be used for campaign in 2019
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by maafen: 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2017
Homeboiy:
The gods are angry
With you right?
I see...
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by CEOYOMZZYBLOG: 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2017
shocked Something has to be done about this ASAP
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2017
That road should be blocked from all forms of traffic now..... Imagine innocent drivers plying that road at night ......
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by babeicent: 2:55pm On Sep 03, 2017
Ehiscotch:
That is not even fit to be called a road in the first place.
what do you know about that road? sometimes you can open your mouth wide and talk any how
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by Kennyxton: 2:57pm On Sep 03, 2017
We once had such a similar road in Owerri, off Akwakuma axis leading to Ubomiri (where the proposed new Owerri market will be located). It was when someone had an accident thereafter that something was done.

I hope it's not going to be so over there.
Meanwhile, I don't think Benue (Markudi) is North Nigeria for those commenting above.

The earth is winding up, getting tired and ready for destruction.
The signs are everywhere, both from natural and unnatural events.

Having known this, what manner of life ought you to live?
Live Godly and holy as Jesus did.

Regards
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by izicooo(f): 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2017
The solution to this problem is for the federal government to hands off from all roads in this country except those in the FCT. As this will allow responsible state governments to urgently attend to roads in their state. The federal government can't maintain all the so called federal roads efficiently. If this is not done Bad roads will be a perennial situation in Nigeria.
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by AbuEzeFemi(m): 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2017
folks should get to work and fix that road men!
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 03, 2017
Mehn dats a major road,no wonder Makurdi-lafia road is less busy today

N those u South-easterners happy abt dis, know dat if dis isn't fix on time,no food for u because dis is one of the major roads dat link North to South
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by gabbywatch77: 3:18pm On Sep 03, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
What is wrong with my state for fvck sake?
because ur state is the best in the giving of bleeps
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by rikamann: 3:19pm On Sep 03, 2017
In a good country the Perm Sec works, Director Works and all top road maintenance personnel should be on suspension now for negligence. Nigeria needs that now!
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by HMZi: 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2017
Chidexsco8448:
My pple, my pple!!!

Una tink say sickness don finish me?

Hahahaha l still dey gallant like a soldier

With d show of luv, prayers and support l hv recieved, no doubt l will still be presido till 2023

HATE speech/PISHURE
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by Oluwaseyi456(m): 3:39pm On Sep 03, 2017
If kwara hv sometin lik dis they shld b api
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by breakeven: 3:41pm On Sep 03, 2017
Buhari is a curse to nigeria
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:
That road should be blocked from all forms of traffic now..... Imagine innocent drivers plying that road at night ......
. Very intelligent of you. Keep it up.
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by benixtoski: 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2017
God help our NIGERIA
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by haryorbarmie83(m): 3:58pm On Sep 03, 2017
Nigerians wake up...
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 4:03pm On Sep 03, 2017
JONNYSPUTE:
. Very intelligent of you. Keep it up.

When the eyes has seen so much, one naturally can expect the right things to be done (well, if only)
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by kindklemz(m): 4:04pm On Sep 03, 2017
thinkdip:
Their land is getting devastated, pestilence, faming and earthquake is gradually coming to them... they(North) angered God by shedding blood of innocence. The earlier it is for them to realize the better or else, their land shall be no more and their clan be wiped away from the face of the earth.
He who has an ear, let him hear!!!!

Height of ignorance.
Geographically Benue is not in the North. It's only political calculation. Get some knowledge kid.
Take the map of Nigeria and locate benue for clarification.
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 03, 2017
majamajic:

So erosion happens in North too ?

Something needs to be done and fast

Its a death trap now angry angry
Yes,but some places are blessed with erosion,eg the E.
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:22pm On Sep 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

When the eyes has seen so much, one naturally can expect the right things to be done (well, if only)
. If only our youths can shun tribalism, hate speeches Nd try to do things right,I think we all will be happy. You re so right on this. I so much admire ur reasoning.Safety first,that should be the first priority of a sane government Nd its agent like the road safety officials,but am sorry Nd it hurts to say that they will not do anything to protect livs Nd properties in respect to that road. May God protect the drivers Nd passengers plying that road especially at night. God bless. Happy Sunday.
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 4:28pm On Sep 03, 2017
JONNYSPUTE:
. If only our youths can shun tribalism, hate speeches Nd try to do things right,I think we all will be happy. You re so right on this. I so much admire ur reasoning.Safety first,that should be the first priority of a sane government Nd its agent like the road safety officials,but am sorry Nd it hurts to say that they will not do anything to protect livs Nd properties in respect to that road. May God protect the drivers Nd passengers plying that road especially at night. God bless. Happy Sunday.

Lets hope they block that road today...... Or else, the level of accidents and armed robbers going riot goes beyond comprehension...... Happy Sunday...
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by agrovick(m): 4:41pm On Sep 03, 2017
Nigeria my country
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by surgebitcoin(m): 4:59pm On Sep 03, 2017
Ferma Engineers have been sent to the road.
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2017
this Benue state ....i no sabi weda them don swear for that state..

the govt is not just into the business of creating drainages... I don't just know y
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by danemenike: 5:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
I know government will not step in to safe the situation, the wkule rather allow it to deteriorate further. That collapse was caused by the canal, the force of the water was causing wear and tear on that section.... A bridge is needed there.
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 03, 2017
I just hope Fashola is following. ..BTW, why always benue?
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by IDnoble1: 6:01pm On Sep 03, 2017
eezeribe:
Coupled with the flood ravaging Makurdi... even my own sister's house was affected...
# please pray for the people of Benue state...
If it happened in America or Europe,our illiterate yeyebrities would take to social media and start advocating for unsolicited support.
That's the aftermath of Colonialism. I always feel sad at the level at which most Nigerians have been mentally enslaved and they refused to reason and get liberated. They keep follow Oyinbo to do anything they do. When they watch eyinbo snore in one way they train their snoring to be like that, really annoying!
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by edibless0(m): 6:29pm On Sep 03, 2017
Things are really falling apart in this country called Nigeria!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Satellite Images Of Ibadan / Man Escapes Death In Terrible Accident Along Enugu Road (Photos) / Final Year Student Dies In Motorcycle Crash Shortly After Her Exam In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.