Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service (39384 Views)

Lady Caught Deleting Nude After Sharing It During Church Service (photos, video) / Bikini Church End Time Church / Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by safarigirl(f): 2:34pm On Sep 03, 2017
There is a difference between old testament and new testament.

If you think churches of old had no scruples, you must be living in delusion.

There is a reason the church is divided into different entities today and it is not modern Christians that divided it

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by Bonab: 2:34pm On Sep 03, 2017
Strange but true.
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by dangotesmummy: 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2017
Please mind your damn business. Live and let other's live
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2017
E shock me

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by Nne5: 2:36pm On Sep 03, 2017
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by Nne5: 2:36pm On Sep 03, 2017
They are prone to falling at the
slightest prayer because all she is putting on has
a demon attached to it.

Rubbish. Why do people think only demon possessed people fall down during prayers?

Nonsense!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by ojosco7248(m): 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2017
wow dis is very interesting site guy
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by Iko5000: 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2017
Nos four is totally wrong OP please correct the misinformation
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by jashar(f): 2:41pm On Sep 03, 2017
Was this post written to edify or condemn? Cuz all I read is ridicule of the Lord's Body
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by Boyooosa(m): 2:41pm On Sep 03, 2017
ipreach:
Please can you give me permission to publish this on our platform, please?
I also wish to do so if @op permits us.
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by mickeymimi: 2:43pm On Sep 03, 2017
More preaching on provoking GOd to blessing through tithes and offerings ... even from the poor

In olden days ....it is more about Holiness before anything else....giving to the poor LUKE 12:33

The early church did not tolerate open and unrepentant sinning as some churches do today......and ....Baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost” (Matthew 28:19).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 03, 2017
The old collect donation to help the poor and run the church, the new collect donation to fly private Js

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by campbelljosh(m): 2:47pm On Sep 03, 2017
If you can pay your tithes and drop bountiful offering the modern pastors would care less about what you wear or your kind of dance step. They would say "God sees your heart"
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by fitted60(m): 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2017
TreasuredGlory:
In the olden days, you had to carry your Bible to Church and must open and jot the Bible passages, but some churches now breed weak Christians by highlighting the Bible passages on the projector for them to read. They become lazy Christians. They may not even bother to come to church with their Bibles since the projectors can help them out. Tell them to open their Bibles to the book of Zephaniah, they become confused.
very correct, it do happen to me then when I do worship @ a church closer to my house. At times I wount even feel like going with a bible because I know bible verses will be on the screen, even when I do, I hardly open it. Jonzing things
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by zyzybee(f): 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2017
198800Mam:
*Difference between old time church service and modern time church service.*

1. When the choristers of the old time finish singing, the congregation burst into tears because they sang
down the glory, but in the modern, after the Delilahs and Jezebels finish singing, the congregation respond with a clap offering returning Ichabod to Ichabod.

2. In the old, during message, the congregation cry and tell God that they are
sorry, but today, as message is going on people
drop money, blow whistle and shout "ride on pastor".

3. The old went to Church and the message gave them faith but the modern went to church and the message gave them fake (olive oil, handkerchief, apron, sticker, holy water and calendars of their G. O.)

4.The ancient carried their bible in booklet because they were not ashamed of Jesus but some today carry ipad to church because they
feel shy to be identified with Jesus and to such, Jesus will be ashamed of you on the last day.

5. The old go to church with their hair covered with their head ties but the modern cover their hair with Brazillian weavon.

6. During prayers, the ancient close their eyes and give God their whole attention but the modern open their eyes, looking around like armedrobbers and even answers calls during prayers.

7. The old dance godly dance to thanksgiving and offering but the modern is not even afraid to dance doro, awilo and azonto even before the altar.

8. The ancients go to church with their body covered and are focused on inner beauty but the modern wears mini skirt, show everything, and everything on her is artificial and ends up looking like "mermaid". They are prone to falling at the slightest prayer because all she is putting on has a demon attached to it.

9. In the old, sinners go home weeping but today sinners go home rejoicing.

10. The ancients answer altar calls with tears rolling down their faces. The modern do the same chewing gum.

O Lord, revive your work. May revival precede the rapture.
God bless you do have a blissful day.

https://mobile.facebook.com/TheLatestGist/posts/1688114168151277?_rdc=1&_rdr
No scriptural backing. This is baseless! You would have made a lot of sense. Your no. 1 point is what we call emotion not worship!
Please go study hard and come up with something reasonable OK?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by Pedrocross4568(m): 2:58pm On Sep 03, 2017
truthsayer009:

Lmao, your pic reminds of when I was sitting next to a lady like this. Mehn I tried to focus on the preaching but mehn...no way oh. I even thought of changing my seat.
next time Pls do change ur seat my brother.
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by one4GOD(f): 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2017
CriticMaestro:
Modernization in churches now is turning to be a thorn in the life of a Christian
soooo?
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 03, 2017
Were you there in the old? Judgemental hyprocites everywhere
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 03, 2017
ITbomb:
They say Christianity is in the heart

Let me come and be going

Tell me how person go fit focus with this kain yansh for your front?
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by one4GOD(f): 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2017
198800Mam:

1. When the choristers of the old time finish singing, the congregation burst into tears because they sang
down the glory, but in the modern, after the Delilahs and Jezebels finish singing, the congregation respond with a clap offering returning Ichabod to Ichabod.

2. In the old, during message, the congregation cry and tell God that they are
sorry, but today, as message is going on people
drop money, blow whistle and shout "ride on pastor".

3. The old went to Church and the message gave them faith but the modern went to church and the message gave them fake (olive oil, handkerchief, apron, sticker, holy water and calendars of their G. O.)

4.The ancient carried their bible in booklet because they were not ashamed of Jesus but some today carry ipad to church because they
feel shy to be identified with Jesus and to such, Jesus will be ashamed of you on the last day.

5. The old go to church with their hair covered with their head ties but the modern cover their hair with Brazillian weavon.

6. During prayers, the ancient close their eyes and give God their whole attention but the modern open their eyes, looking around like armedrobbers and even answers calls during prayers.

7. The old dance godly dance to thanksgiving and offering but the modern is not even afraid to dance doro, awilo and azonto even before the altar.

8. The ancients go to church with their body covered and are focused on inner beauty but the modern wears mini skirt, show everything, and everything on her is artificial and ends up looking like "mermaid". They are prone to falling at the slightest prayer because all she is putting on has a demon attached to it.

10. The ancients answer altar calls with tears rolling down their faces. The modern do the same chewing gum.

O Lord, revive your work. May revival precede the rapture.
God bless you do have a blissful day.

https://mobile.facebook.com/TheLatestGist/posts/1688114168151277?_rdc=1&_rdr
sooo?
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by fitprince: 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2017
this was epic. lol tell me why i go go church again.
if at all i must go to church, it must be either cac or c and s or cele
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by ladyF(f): 3:04pm On Sep 03, 2017
TreasuredGlory:
In the olden days, you had to carry your Bible to Church and must open and jot the Bible passages, but some churches now breed weak Christians by highlighting the Bible passages on the projector for them to read. They become lazy Christians. They may not even bother to come to church with their Bibles since the projectors can help them out. Tell them to open their Bibles to the book of Zephaniah, they become confused.
Very true. Today during call to worship, projector went off and most people (myself inclusive) couldn't read along because we were looking at the projector. cry

It's time for a reawakening.
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 03, 2017
Bloody christians.....mtcheeew....
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by Intrepid01(m): 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
obviously the message is too complex for some people to comprehend....I can see them finding fault in the old church. They think the old church is about some old buildings and old men.......ooh dear God! please give us wisdom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 03, 2017
majekdom2:
Were you there in the old? Judgemental hyprocites everywhere

It is not everybody that was born yesterday like you. This whole church madness started from the 90s when mushroom churches started springing up in every nook and cranny. Back then, the good citizens outnumbered the bad ones by 99 to 1 percent but what do we have today with all the churches litering the whole place? The bad citizens now outnumber the good ones by 99 to 1 percent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2017
198800Mam:

Why would the saved still go home crying?
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by CriticMaestro: 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2017
one4GOD:
soooo?
soooo?
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by Boyooosa(m): 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2017
zyzybee:

No scriptural backing. This is baseless! You would have made a lot of sense. Your no. 1 point is what we call emotion not worship!
Please go study hard and come up with something reasonable OK?
And emotion should be detached from consecration/Reverence bah? Continlue, I know say na dat no 5 & 8 dey do you something; continlue with dat ur Brazilian hair and micro mini.... God Himself is watching.
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by femijay8271(m): 3:16pm On Sep 03, 2017
Op, u are damn right, I once challenge one redeem pastor 4 bringing an iPad 2 d Alter, his reply was "dere's nothing wrong in it since it was d word of God i was preaching" i just think ham 4 my mind say u wanna fight d devil use d ipad then.
Re: Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service by ekene0333: 3:16pm On Sep 03, 2017
yes it's true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Turkish Police Smoke In Church In Istanbul During Arrest - Angry Nigerian Man / COZA: Pastor Fatoyinbo Is Not Our Member- PFN / Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.