Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,921 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Dating Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dating Advice (911 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating Advice by hAlexandro(m): 2:15pm On Sep 03, 2017
Happy Sunday ya all. Got into this arguement with a female friend but she won't bulge or give up. Would you date or marry someone who has a lower academic qualification compared to yours. Thanks for your views and opinions
Re: Dating Advice by dingbang(m): 2:17pm On Sep 03, 2017
So you want me to marry a girl who has an ssce certificate only.. ?
Re: Dating Advice by Cuddlebugie(f): 3:01pm On Sep 03, 2017
My primary concern is the values and morals of the person . Though education is important , it is not a deal breaker.......

That was me trying to be funny.

I can date a man with lower educational qualification than me (a first degree holder, that is). What I'd never do is date an illiterate. Who doesn't need a partner who is going to be able to challenge and stimulate him/her intellectually? I am not saying that anyone without a degree cannot be intelligent - of course they can. My narrow focus is on whether that person would be a good match for me as a partner.

Some people may say women like me have unrealistic standards and that it is a pretty shallow way to judge someone's potential by their educational qualification but still, to each his own.

1 Like

Re: Dating Advice by hAlexandro(m): 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
undecided
dingbang:
So you want me to marry a girl who has an ssce certificate only.. ?
what if she has core values and morals unko
Re: Dating Advice by hAlexandro(m): 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2017
Cuddlebugie:
My primary concern is the values and morals of the person . Though education is important , it is not a deal breaker.......

I can date a man with lower educational qualification than me (a first degree holder, that is). What I'd never do is date an illiterate. Who doesn't need a partner who is going to be able to challenge and stimulate him/her intellectually? I am not saying that anyone without a degree cannot be intelligent - of course they can. My narrow focus is on whether that person would be a good match for me as a partner.

Some people may say women like me have unrealistic standards and that it is a pretty shallow way to judge someone's potential by their educational qualification but still, to each his own.

but academic achievement doesn't define greatness u know
Re: Dating Advice by Mille: 3:20pm On Sep 03, 2017
Cuddlebugie:

Story story.

The last two departmental colleagues of mine who said that are now married to two illiterate pastors (Surprising because I finished my BSc in 2015). Women will forever be attracted to success. Everything else is secondary or does not matter.

So many celebrities out there who never even finished secondary school, yet you see thousands of educated Nigerian women professing love for them on twitter and Facebook etc. Yet they reject men with even PhDs.

All these because of the gap in success.

3 Likes

Re: Dating Advice by dingbang(m): 3:21pm On Sep 03, 2017
hAlexandro:
undecided what if she has core values and morals unko
e be like say girl never break ur heart before... undecided
Re: Dating Advice by sisisioge: 3:35pm On Sep 03, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Funny question. I think once a guy or girl has a university degree, he or she is a contemporary of those with Maters o, PhD o. The first degree is the koko.

I got my MBA a long time ago, not cos I was such a bookie but cos I hoped it would help me get a better pay job. I don get the better pay job? All na certs...what matters is what you've got upstairs and in your wallet cool Nothing less than a first degree though grin
Re: Dating Advice by Cuddlebugie(f): 3:59pm On Sep 03, 2017
Mille:

Story story.

The last two departmental colleagues of mine who said that are now married to two illiterate pastors (Surprising because I finished my BSc in 2015). Women will forever be attracted to success. Everything else is secondary or does not matter.

So many celebrities out there who never even finished secondary school, yet you see thousands of educated Nigerian women professing love for them on twitter and Facebook etc. Yet they reject men with even PhDs.

All these because of the gap in success.
Well, that's your opinion............
Now, read mine (which I am very well entitled to). Just because your friends and every woman around you got married to illiterates doesn't mean I will. I am EDUCATED and I'll only date someone who is as or more educated than I am.
It is pretty aggravating when people like you scoff at ladies who have no wish to date uneducated men and dismiss them as being snobs. Don't we all have dating preferences?

3 Likes

Re: Dating Advice by Cuddlebugie(f): 4:01pm On Sep 03, 2017
hAlexandro:
but academic achievement doesn't define greatness u know
That's an irrefutable fact but that still doesn't mean we all want the same things in life.
Re: Dating Advice by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 03, 2017
hAlexandro:
Happy Sunday ya all. Got into this arguement with a female friend but she won't bulge or give up. Would you date or marry someone who has a lower academic qualification compared to yours. Thanks for your views and opinions

I know a friend who had lower academic grades than me today she owns her shop and earns a lot of cash when I'm busy working for the machine, so really grades are not a reflection of anything. So yes I would because grades means nothing it's the knowledge and application of it that matters.
Re: Dating Advice by Mille: 5:34pm On Sep 03, 2017
Cuddlebugie:

Now, read mine (which I am very well entitled to). Just because your friends and every woman around you got married to illiterates doesn't mean I will. I am EDUCATED and I'll only date someone who is as or more educated than I am.
It is pretty aggravating when people like you scoff at ladies who have no wish to date uneducated men and dismiss them as being snobs. Don't we all have dating preferences?

Hello,

I have no problem with you dating/marrying an educated fellow as yourself. I also appreciate having
someone with the same or higher intellectual ability than myself.

I have to reiterate my position. Everyone has dating preferences, a profile who they feel is good for them. I have no issues whatsoever with preferences regardless of how high or how low it is.

My word is that a lot of Nigerian women throw away their preferences whenever there is financial security. All it takes is for a successful man to show interest.

1 Like

Re: Dating Advice by Cuddlebugie(f): 7:02pm On Sep 03, 2017
Mille:

Hello,

I have no problem with you dating/marrying an educated fellow as yourself. I also appreciate having
someone with the same or higher intellectual ability than myself.

I have to reiterate my position. Everyone has dating preferences, a profile who they feel is good for them. I have no issues whatsoever with preferences regardless of how high or how low it is.

My word is that a lot of Nigerian women throw away their preferences whenever there is financial security. All it takes is for a successful man to show interest.
I know this is an online forum where you are at liberty to quote anyone either to be their sounding board or refute their assertion but you don't have to pass on your message by debasing other people's personal opinions. It is my entitled opinion, not a 'story, story'.

That said,
I have no problem whatsoever with your 'words'. it's yours to use whenever and however you like.

1 Like

Re: Dating Advice by Daeylar(f): 1:20pm On Sep 04, 2017
Cuddlebugie:

Don't mind them, it seems some people have issues when women try to set standards for who they can date.

you have the right to date whoever you want and to reject whoever doesn't meet your standards

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Just Said A Big Lie To Run Away From My Son / Share Your Experience Being A Step-mom / Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.