Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Awakening The Sleeping Giants. (A Message To The Progressive Youths) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awakening The Sleeping Giants. (A Message To The Progressive Youths) (784 Views)

Aba; The Sleeping Giant / Shuaib Yaman Progressive Youths Association Lafiagi, Kwara State / Buhari For 2019!!! Join The Progressive Train! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awakening The Sleeping Giants. (A Message To The Progressive Youths) by verygudbadguy(m): 2:33pm On Sep 03, 2017
Recently, I saw a movie "Winnie" and I was moved by the passion and resilience that characters like Winnie and Mandela displayed. I must say we are a big disgrace to our generation.

Our generation watch the government maltreat us. We allow them take us for fools. Greatness is never achieved by cowards. It is either now or never. They call us leaders of tomorrow. Well, tomorrow is here already. They say we do not have the capacity to lead, let us show them that we live for something much more important than designer wears, cars or luxury.

The time is now brothers and sisters. I may not totally subscribe to the idea of secession(Biafra), I think those brothers are no cowards. I would rather we channeled our energy towards making the government more accountable. Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

I recommend that you ponder on this quote by the great Plato; "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Arise Nigerian Youth, Wake up from your slumber. Arise sleeping Giants.

As progressives, we should develop tactics, gather resources, ideas to equip and sensitize ourselves that our education would be a waste if we fold our arms and watch these politicians enslave and rob us of our future.

That said, hate speeches and secession preach would not help us to achieve these objectives. I would advise that we desist from name calling, cursing or using abusive words against our leaders. It will not portray us as Ready -To -Lead but I would rather we focused our collective frustrations and angers towards breaking these chains of slavery. The country is already rooted in nepotism, religious sentiments and tribalism. Let's try and bring on better ideas to actualize the progression that we desire for this country of ours.

Verygudbadguy 2017.

Lalasticlala, please, move to the front-page.

Re: Awakening The Sleeping Giants. (A Message To The Progressive Youths) by figoperch: 1:21am On Sep 04, 2017
Just look at the youth around your area. What do you see? People who celebrate poor performance. All they need is their daily dosage of booze and highness.

Let's start from our hood.

The JJ crew land and everybody hails. Honour! Honour!! What is honourable about them?

You were there at the polling booth during last elections in 2015 if memory serves me right. It was an avenue to wind down, flex and booze with lots of pepper soup going around.

The youth you are calling upon now sold their rights to the highest bidder that day. Some said they may not benefit beyond the plate of soup and the bottles of beer from the ruling class but 'make dem chop this one first'.

If you stand up in Onike/Fola Agoro today to motivate the youth as you have highlighted, how much followership do you think you will get? On the other hand, arrange some bottles of Hennessey, order some barbecue from Awele and see how fast the crowd will gather.

Look at your circle of friends, what is of priority to them? Is it not cars, luxury lifestyle and designer wears?

If you were to engage your senator or representative in a discussion, what direction will you focus on more?

Mandela and Winnie believed in the cause they stood for, suffered for it and bled for it. In the end they came out victorious.

How many Onike youth can stand and hold their ground to such a cause and not compromise in order to save their neck or feed their stomach.

Very few.

I hope to engage you more as time goes on. It's gonna be a jolly ride.

1 Like

Re: Awakening The Sleeping Giants. (A Message To The Progressive Youths) by figoperch: 1:24am On Sep 04, 2017
verygudbadguy:
Recently, I saw a movie "Winnie" and I was moved by the passion and resilience that characters like Winnie and Mandela displayed. I must say we are a big disgrace to our generation.

Our generation watch the government maltreat us. We allow them take us for fools. Greatness is never achieved by cowards. It is either now or never. They call us leaders of tomorrow. Well, tomorrow is here already. They say we do not have the capacity to lead, let us show them that we live for something much more important than designer wears, cars or luxury.

The time is now brothers and sisters. I may not totally subscribe to the idea of secession(Biafra), I think those brothers are no cowards. I would rather we channeled our energy towards making the government more accountable. Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

I recommend that you ponder on this quote by the great Plato; "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Arise Nigerian Youth, Wake up from your slumber. Arise sleeping Giants.

As progressives, we should develop tactics, gather resources, ideas to equip and sensitize ourselves that our education would be a waste if we fold our arms and watch these politicians enslave and rob us of our future.

That said, hate speeches and secession preach would not help us to achieve these objectives. I would advise that we desist from name calling, cursing or using abusive words against our leaders. It will not portray us as Ready -To -Lead but I would rather we focused our collective frustrations and angers towards breaking these chains of slavery. The country is already rooted in nepotism, religious sentiments and tribalism. Let's try and bring on better ideas to actualize the progression that we desire for this country of ours.

Verygudbadguy 2017.

Lalasticlala, please, move to the front-page.

You can either be good or bad.
Re: Awakening The Sleeping Giants. (A Message To The Progressive Youths) by verygudbadguy(m): 9:17am On Sep 04, 2017
figoperch:
Just look at the youth around your area. What do you see? People who celebrate poor performance. All they need is their daily dosage of booze and highness.

Let's start from our hood.

The JJ crew land and everybody hails. Honour! Honour!! What is honourable about them?
shocked grin
I no no say person fit sabi me like this for Nairaland. Good points brother but then, it is the duty of the enlightened to liberate the enslaved. There is a Yoruba adage that says "olowo kan laarin oloshi, oloshi lohun na.
Let's keep spreading the word.
Re: Awakening The Sleeping Giants. (A Message To The Progressive Youths) by verygudbadguy(m): 9:23am On Sep 04, 2017
figoperch:

You can either be good or bad.
Are you sure about that? Are you all good with no bad behaviour? You go be angel be dat na... grin
Re: Awakening The Sleeping Giants. (A Message To The Progressive Youths) by figoperch: 6:30pm On Sep 04, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Are you sure about that? Are you all good with no bad behaviour? You go be angel be dat na... grin

Guy, I'm far from being an angel.

What is good and what is bad is a function of perception.

I also did not say anything about behaviour.

I get your point regarding your original post. My own view is that what you clamour for cannot be achieved by the so called youth if we were to be realistic.

Just take your post as an example. The movie you saw triggered something in you that spurred your writeup.

You even posted it as your WhatsApp status. I'm sure some of your friends on WhatsApp may have seen it. How many have taken a step further to engage you here days after the post?

The youth you want to act 'do not really care'. Gba bee broda. Everybody is out "hustling for bread" so they got no much time to forge any cohesive voice or platform to launch the kind of formidable movement Winnie and Nelson led.

Those who think they've made it feel too big to involve themselves.

Lemme ask you. How much do you know about NYCN? This is the Officially acknowledged representation of the 'youth' as far as Fed Govt is concerned. I'm sure there's one guy representing your hood at NYCN.

....... I dey come. I wan drink small pito

Re: Awakening The Sleeping Giants. (A Message To The Progressive Youths) by verygudbadguy(m): 11:28am On Sep 05, 2017
figoperch:

Guy, I'm far from being an angel.

What is good and what is bad is a function of perception.

I also did not say anything about behaviour.

I get your point regarding your original post. My own view is that what you clamour for cannot be achieved by the so called youth if we were to be realistic.

Just take your post as an example. The movie you saw triggered something in you that spurred your writeup.

You even posted it as your WhatsApp status. I'm sure some of your friends on WhatsApp may have seen it. How many have taken a step further to engage you here days after the post?

The youth you want to act 'do not really care'. Gba bee broda. Everybody is out "hustling for bread" so they got no much time to forge any cohesive voice or platform to launch the kind of formidable movement Winnie and Nelson led.

Those who think they've made it feel too big to involve themselves.

Lemme ask you. How much do you know about NYCN? This is the Officially acknowledged representation of the 'youth' as far as Fed Govt is concerned. I'm sure there's one guy representing your hood at NYCN.

....... I dey come. I wan drink small pito
Hahahaha.. Pito? NBC dey sell pito too?

No wahala bros.

(1) (Reply)

Sokoto, Zamfara Govts Team Up To Fix Sokoto-gusau Federal Highway / APC Accuses Fayose Of Funding Biafra Secession / Operation Python Dance 2 Just Kick Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.