Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible (27042 Views)

Abel Damina: Breast, Yansh, Brain, Good Cook Do Not Make You A Wife Material But / 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible / 16 Ways To Find A Wife According To The Holy Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by handsomeyinka(m): 10:32am On Sep 10, 2017
3) Find a prostitute and marry her. (Hosea 1:1-3)

Thats what got ooni of Ife in trouble..

1 Like

Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by centboy123456(m): 10:32am On Sep 10, 2017
sodsak:
i think only a crazy person will believe those words came from God.I can give a better advice than that

so u know better Dan them abi
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by goingape1: 10:33am On Sep 10, 2017
braine:
Many of us may find some of them funny tho...

Source
I think something is wrong with your brain!

the Bible didn't tell use to find a wife base on this principle which is misleading but rather advise us not to even venture to married.
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by Ultimus: 10:37am On Sep 10, 2017
Nothing is hilarious about these means of getting wives according to the bible. Some of them endorse rape, war crimes and subjugation of women. So much for a wise book.
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by goingape1: 10:39am On Sep 10, 2017
Ishilove:
Hilarious, but full of wisdom
now you go know say some people no actually get sense!

by definition this is your kind of wisdom undecided

1 Like

Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by Ultimus: 10:40am On Sep 10, 2017
dingbang:
I know.. But he is going to marry her. So she is covered .. He will love her and take good care of her

How does the marriage make it right? How??
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 10, 2017
dingbang:
lmao.. Don't say that darling.. Who knows, you may be their mother in future wink

I'm married already and it is certainly not to you tongue
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by ajokebelle(f): 10:41am On Sep 10, 2017
Immaculate909:

Nope, try to read some verses that preceded or followed the verses given above you'll see there are consequences for each of the ways of finding a wife stated above.

I read it in the Bible, before commenting.
There was no repercussion for this.

1 Like

Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by dingbang(m): 10:41am On Sep 10, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

I'm married already and it is certainly not to you tongue
hahahaha.. Might also be one of your unmarried relations. You may never know wink its a small world
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by Ultimus: 10:42am On Sep 10, 2017
Immaculate909:

Nope, try to read some verses that preceded or followed the verses given above you'll see there are consequences for each of the ways of finding a wife stated above.

Being intentionally blind, are you?? The only consequence for number 2 is that you pay the father of the woman raped and then marry her. It is a consequence, albeit, it favours the rapist.
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by dingbang(m): 10:46am On Sep 10, 2017
Ultimus:

How does the marriage make it right? How??

undecided ok.. He should rape her and kill her.. I think that will make it right by you.. Mchew
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by Ultimus: 10:49am On Sep 10, 2017
dingbang:
undecided ok.. He should rape her and kill her.. I think that will make it right by you.. Mchew

I see, conscience is a slippery slope. Hard to climb if you don't do it right. smiley
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by Dnockeror333(m): 10:49am On Sep 10, 2017
ajokebelle:
@ number 2--- does that mean the Bible encourages premarital sex?

Who said first time sex is a sin? After it, if you live that girl/boy/man/woman who is above marital age and you ubnobecinto another bed; know it, like them, you are a fornicer! SIN!
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by wissy47: 10:49am On Sep 10, 2017
lionness:
The Bible is Defunct...The only thing it preaches that is Eternal is Faith...Faith is timeless...but everything else in it, follow at your own peril.
Now, back to the issue of taking a wife: use your brain...and your heart...if you like, follow the Bible...take a prostitute, or go and serve some Baba Olowo for 7 years, and another 7 years, and waste 14 years of your life trying to get some rich man's daughter...the bible tells stories of brave old dead prophets, we are not in their time...this is 2017, not 100 BC or 100 AD...even if Jesus Christ was to come back, his preaching and teachings will be entirely different from those in the Bible, and these current flocks of pastors will be the same people to kill him.

Your head dy house (you sabi weity you dy yarn) in fact you real lioness
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 10, 2017
ajokebelle:

not just premarital sex RAPE!
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by ajokebelle(f): 11:02am On Sep 10, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

not just premarital sex RAPE!

Just imagine. I'm seriously confused
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by Toyindiva(f): 11:02am On Sep 10, 2017
Nice one ���
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by Omusuyi(f): 11:25am On Sep 10, 2017
How about 16 ways to choose a husband according to the Bible ?
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by mywells: 11:31am On Sep 10, 2017
I heard the bible was introduced to african by their slave master.is it true?
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by mywells: 11:35am On Sep 10, 2017
I pass through 4 as in
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by SweetyZinta(f): 11:38am On Sep 10, 2017
ROTF

God help us
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by SweetyZinta(f): 11:38am On Sep 10, 2017
ROTF

God help us
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by ecstasy357(m): 12:49pm On Sep 10, 2017
lionness:
The Bible is Defunct...The only thing it preaches that is Eternal is Faith...Faith is timeless...but everything else in it, follow at your own peril.
Now, back to the issue of taking a wife: use your brain...and your heart...if you like, follow the Bible...take a prostitute, or go and serve some Baba Olowo for 7 years, and another 7 years, and waste 14 years of your life trying to get some rich man's daughter...the bible tells stories of brave old dead prophets, we are not in their time...this is 2017, not 100 BC or 100 AD...even if Jesus Christ was to come back, his preaching and teachings will be entirely different from those in the Bible, and these current flocks of pastors will be the same people to kill him.

People perish because they lack understanding
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by vladoz(m): 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2017
ajokebelle:
Lol...that's old testament...1 Corinthians 7 clears that
Happy Sunday
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by Kayceenaz(m): 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2017
As for those who would swallow the aforementioned guidelines hook, line and sinker (as suggested by most preceding comments above borne out of misunderstanding), please do not forget that they are contextual. That is to say, most of them may not be relevant to our contemporary context but the principle of choosing a wife with God's guidance is a necessity and timeless. Thus, we, Christians, must not depend on our own understanding but seek His will (Proverbs 3:5) in making that life-changing decision.
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by PianoWizard: 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2017
ajokebelle:
@ number 2--- does that mean the Bible
premarital sex?
the bible does not encourage premarital sex,, those were in the era of the law. But now we are in the era of grace..
Apostle Paul has made it clear that we should flee fornication and all walks of the flesh,, for because of these things the Judgment and the wrath of God is coming.
Read your bible and draw closer to God,, stop being deceived by anything you read on the internet.

Read Galatians 5:16 - 21,, 2 Timothy 2:19-22,,
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by nawtibownie: 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2017
Had a good laugh reading through this. I look forward to reading 15 ways to choose a husband, according to the Bible. cheesy
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by PianoWizard: 1:43pm On Sep 10, 2017
ajokebelle:
Just imagine. I'm seriously confused
Ephesians 5: 3 - 6 ..
Read it and help yourself.
use goodnews version.
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by love2017(m): 1:48pm On Sep 10, 2017
braine:

Source

this is damn funny....i can't stop laughing here......
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by pastoray(m): 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2017
braine:

Source

You are not a pastor.
Your conclusion on each passages shared are heretic.
Prov 4:7
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by ajokebelle(f): 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2017
PianoWizard:

Ephesians 5: 3 - 6 ..

Read it and help yourself.

use goodnews version.

Thank you.
But if we are now in the era of grace, then why do we refer back to something's in the books that were in the era of law.
Re: 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible by Kayceenaz(m): 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2017
lionness:
Your assertion "The Bible is Defunct...The only thing it preaches that is Eternal is Faith...Faith is timeless...but everything else in it, follow at your own peril" is self-contradictory and portrays misconception. The Holy Bible entirely preaches and is utterly premised on faith. "Everything else" is still connected to faith. Recall John 1:1 says the Word was (and is) God. In Hebrews 11:6, we are told it is impossible to please God without faith. Since the Word (the Bible) is God and faith is central in relating with Him, it follows that the Bible is intertwined with faith and inseparable from it. To discard "everything else" would indirectly involve de-emphasizing faith, a component you advocate for. Thus, the Bible as a whole is profitable for doctrine and very relevant to date.

However, when reading the Bible, we must contextually interpret it and extract principles therefrom and deploy it to contemporary situations. Not bearing this in mind could amount to misunderstanding and underestimating the Holy Bible's potency.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Apostle Suleman Collects N5000 For Handshake For Blessings' - Man Accuses / Bisi Alimi Blasts Apostle Suleman: An Adulterer Who Gives Your Girlfriend Head / Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.