Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

My Brother Doesn't Want To Work - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Brother Doesn't Want To Work (1257 Views)

My Brother's Company Takes Him To Court Because He Resigned / My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn / Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 04, 2017
I am 25years old, I work 6days a week. I have a brother who is 8years older than me&he doesn't want to work. I will talk a little about about our childhood, our parents had just two of us. I really don't know what I did wrong to my brother at the age of 8, all I know is that he started beating mercilessly me as if I am his slave. Sometimes he will tell me that he will end of killing me, walking home from school normally takes up to 20mins, he will tell me I must get home within 5mins and if I don't get home in 5mins ,he will pour water on my body and beat me for 1 hour, after beating me for 1 hour, he will give me punishment for another 2 hours.
My brother was my father's favourite, how can someone I call my father always pray that we would be successful but my brother would be more successful than me because he's a boy. My dad pays my brother school fees first, my school fees later. My mom & dad always shout at my brother to stop beating me for no reason but my brother doesn't listen, my parents gets back from work very late.
At the age of 9, I can remember how he used to touch me sexually, he only touched me sexually but I felt like it wasn't right, I was afraid to tell anyone. He stopped but even now that we are grown up he says some nasty & sexual stuffs that I don't like, I don't think any sane brother should be telling his sister about how he sleeps with his girlfriends, he won't even use the word "sleep", he will say "Bleep" , I have warned him not to be telling me those rubbish . Despite all the money spent on his education, he still dropped out the University. Even when I was in the uni, he continued beating me, everyone in my area knows about how he beats me &people mock me, they will tell me that I am too soft. People always wondered why I put on long clothes, it's actually because of all the marks I have all over my body which my brother gave me(i have four broken tooth, so many marks that can never go away, there was even a day he threw me down from the stairs). I also remember how he will bring home his girlfriends(some are my age mates), he will tell me to cook for them,serve them &wash plates). While growing up, sometimes he might have up to 400k with him which is for him &there's nothing at home to eat, he won't care, he will lodge in expensive hotels& spend his money with his girlfriends . If he has 500k on him, the highest amount he can give his family is 5k. Now we are no longer kids, I am 25&he is over 30. I have my own apartment, I am also working . I am the only one taking care of our parents because they are old now, I pay all the bills, I split my monthly salary into two &give my parents (as their monthly allowance), It affects me sometimes but I don't want my parents to lack anything. All my brother does right now, is to work somewhere for 3 months and quit (he will say that his Boss is talking to him anyhow, can you imagine? ), even during the little period he was working, he spends his salary alone, he doesn't even give them any money instead he will go home & collect part of the money I gave them. He is always telling me that I am where I am today because of the way he beats me, that he wasn't beating me I might not be successful.
The only reason I am tolerating all these from him is because he is my only brother I have & I also don't want him to think I am disrespecting him because I am the one taking care of our parents, so many times he asked me for help &God knows I always do whatever I can .
He doesn't want to work now, all he does is to be online 24hrs, living off the little I am giving our parents, whenever there's money with him,he will spend it anyhow,if I go online just to check my inbox, he can send me 50 messages that doesn't even make any sense, that's not even my problem. My main concern is, how can a man stay home, always online, feeling too big to work, he's expecting big money from somewhere (only God knows where?), sometimes he will tell me that if he gets any big money he will travel out and never contact anyone again. I have advised him so many times but my advise means nothing to him, the most annoying part is that despite the fact that I am giving my parents half of my salary which they know, he (my brother) still expects money from me. I am just tired of him &i think I might have to stop talking to him because some members of my family don't even talk to him again.
*Sorry for the long post pls, will appreciate any good advise
Re: My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 04, 2017
[quote author=Tosan97 post=6012 He stopped but even now that we are grown up he says some nasty & sexual stuffs that I don't like, I don't think any sane brother should be telling his sister about how he sleeps with his girlfriends, he won't even use the word "sleep" he will say "f**k" , I have warned him not to be telling me those rubbish .
Re: My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by d4guy: 1:21pm On Sep 04, 2017
What's your tribe?

1 Like

Re: My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by Vutseck(m): 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
Something is really not adding up in your story

male children are protective of their female siblings from external aggression not to talk of maltreating them

I suspect you were a wayward girl hence he disciplines you when you came back from school much late

and to think about it your parent never cautioned him for maltreating you because they were away of what you were up to
Re: My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by Vutseck(m): 1:26pm On Sep 04, 2017
d4guy:
What's your tribe?

what have tribe got to do with her narratives

don't be mischievous

try and grow up
Re: My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by Sunnyja: 1:26pm On Sep 04, 2017
d4guy:
What's your tribe?
Despite all wrote, "what tribe" is the only advice you can give. Leaders of tomorrow!!
Re: My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by UncleRichy(m): 1:28pm On Sep 04, 2017
OP space your write up... people like us can't comprehend what you posted...

but.. I think village people have a hand in your brothers case...

I recommend TB Joshua..
Re: My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by Florblu(f): 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2017
Try as much as possible to avoid him. Make sure you don't give him any money Incase he attack you, get him arrested. Talo ni brother iranu Adagba je Raufu

1 Like

Re: My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by Prec1ous(m): 1:35pm On Sep 04, 2017
Eleyi gidi gan

Pull the plug and runaway.

Oh, you can't do that, they are your parent.
Re: My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by Florblu(f): 1:36pm On Sep 04, 2017
UncleRichy:

I recommend TB Joshua..

What is it that people like you find difficult to comprehend?
Re: My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by mrsfavour(f): 1:40pm On Sep 04, 2017
always pray for him.God can change things/him.
Re: My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by d4guy: 1:45pm On Sep 04, 2017
Sunnyja:
Despite all wrote, "what tribe" is the only advice you can give. Leaders of tomorrow!!
Different tribes have different ways of solving issues like this.
Re: My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
Is your leg paining you?
Move away from him now.
Continue with your responsibility toward your parents.
Wait do you have a boyfriend? Muscular one ooo,?
Re: My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by UncleRichy(m): 1:53pm On Sep 04, 2017
Florblu:

What is it that people like you find difficult to comprehend?

just space it up a bit... most people won't read the long write up thats jam-packed...

village people are behind your brother
Re: My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by Florblu(f): 1:56pm On Sep 04, 2017
UncleRichy:

just space it up a bit... most people won't read the long write up thats jam-packed...

village people are behind your brother

My post wasn't jam packed yet you couldn't read to understand I am not the OP

Village people are behind your brother
Re: My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by Vutseck(m): 1:58pm On Sep 04, 2017
Florblu:
Try as much as possible to avoid him.
Make sure you don't give him any money
Incase he attack you, get him arrested.
Talo ni brother iranu
Adagba je Raufu

Only in a life threatening situation you can arrest your blood relation because such action is hardly forgiven
Re: My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by UncleRichy(m): 2:03pm On Sep 04, 2017
Florblu:

My post wasn't jam packed yet you couldn't read to understand I am not the OP

Village people are behind your brother

when you carry the matter for head nko ??

aunty.... you are the OP

Re: My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by Florblu(f): 2:05pm On Sep 04, 2017
Vutseck:

Only in a life threatening situation you can arrest your blood relation because such action is hardly forgiven

Isn't this a Life threatening situation?
Did you read the part where she said the brother threw her down the stairs?
What about where she said she can't wear a short dress because of the scars the brother gave her?
Yet you think this is not a life threatening issue.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by yelinco1(m): 3:43pm On Sep 04, 2017
THE TRUTH IS, THE MAN IS NOT YOUR BIOLOGICAL FATHER. THE MAN AND YOUR MOTHER KNEW ABOUT IT AND THE TRUTH IS NOT HIDDEN TO THE IDIOT YOU CALL YOUR BROTHER. JUST AVOID HIM AND TALK TO YOUR MOTHER TO TELL YOU THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT THE WHOLE THING.
ME WEY FINISH SCHOOL SELF STILL DEY FIND JOB LET ALONE DROP OUT. IRANU!

1 Like

Re: My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 04, 2017
Vutseck:
Something is really not adding up in your story

male children are protective of their female siblings from external aggression not to talk of maltreating them

I suspect you were a wayward girl hence he disciplines you when you came back from school much late

and to think about it your parent never cautioned him for maltreating you because they were away of what you were up to
Male children aren't protective as buttressed by you. Some might be but not all. There's no reason whatsoever would make her brother treat that way whether discipline as some of you call it. The only persons allowed to discipline children are their parents. Every other persons are external and shouldnt intrude including her brother because if given the opportunity he might have killed her.I blame her parent to a great extend for not be observant especially her father for showing favourism as alleged by op. I also blame op for bothering herself with what her brother does. If she continues like this, her brother might be a liability to her
Re: My Brother Doesn't Want To Work by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 04, 2017
UncleRichy:

I recommend TB Joshua..

(1) (Reply)

Comedian Ada Jesus Renders Apology To Odumeje And Others She Offended.(video) / Global Wealth System (an Empowerment Opportunity) / Possible Quesions U Cld Be Asked For Interviews.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.