Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Power - Book 1 Of The Riders Trilogy - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Power - Book 1 Of The Riders Trilogy (718 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Power - Book 1 Of The Riders Trilogy by LanceLight: 12:01am On Feb 24, 2010

Chapter I (X) - The Introduction

[size=20pt][center]Ok, so you’ve read the title, Good job, some people would say, but My response is: Are you sure you want to read this book?
Yeah, I said it, This Book isn’t one of your Normal novels, this is the truth.
My name is Lance drominuæ. Yeah, I know It’s an old name, comes from my Great, Great, Grandad. (But I just call him Grandad)
And Oh, yeah he was a Dragon Rider. So enough with the intro, back to your choice. Are you up to reading this book?
It might even drag you into this whole mess that I’m in.
So Yeah that’s it.
Make your choice. And turn the page, [/center][/size]
Re: Power - Book 1 Of The Riders Trilogy by LanceLight: 12:02am On Feb 24, 2010
Chapter 1 The Beginning.

“GET UP LANCE OR I’LL, ”
“ALRIGHT I’M UUUUUUUUUUUP!” I screamed as my mum started her morning yell off.
“WELL GET OUT OF BED, GET TO SCHOOL, AND IF YOU, ”
Well that’s pretty much what happens in the mornings, at my house, It’s pretty hectic.
Anyway, I just closed the door behind me, toast in my hand, started to get my bike, and,
“GROAR!”
“Hello jim, nearly got me there.”
“Oh come on, you never get scared, I even wore a mask this morning.” Said Jim
“Well maybe if you, ”
And the World Exploded. Well not really, just the front of the house, But it felt like most of the street was in flames, but for some reason, I wasn’t touched, I wish I could say the same for Jim. Most of his clothes were on fire, and he wasn’t moving, I called out to my mum,
“MUM!” “COME QUICK, IT’S JIM!”
No answer. I ran inside the house to see where my mum was, she was lying on the ground inside - not breathing. And this is the weird part, My mum disappeared. Not poof, like a magic trick but like a golden rays-like magic trick. And in my head, some where, I knew that my mum wasn’t dead, the Rays had proved it. I was only 9 at the time but I remembered that day since I turned 13,

Yeah, I had a tough start life but it was going to get tougher. My Great-Grandfather, had lived an unusually long life, It was sort of like he was waiting for someone to be born, I suppose it might be one of my kids.
“Lance” Said my Great, Grandfather “It’s time for you to take the test.”
As you might know, I hated tests, because well, what kid likes tests?
“OK Granddad, If you think I’m ready”
I was playing along with him pretending It was important, We used to joke about stuff like this all the time, because well, It was fun!
“Oh I hope you are.” Said Grandad
“What!?” I said in an urgent voice, “You weren't Kidding!?”
“No, It is time.”
Well we went into this big room in the house, like an attic, only it had a gigantic hole in the front (Of course it had a window) About the size of a fully grown Dragon.
“Here, take your destiny” My Grandad said in a voice I did not think people that old could muster.
“Transfer your very soul into this stone.”
It was an egg shaped rock, like any other stone, only it was red. And it was pulsing.
As soon as the red stone touched my hand, It was like the very fabric of the world was re-sown, everything around me went dark, and the only thing I could sense in the world was the stone in my hand.
Awaken Me
I heard the voice in my head.
Awaken Me
I admit it, I was scared. I mean it was like it was controlling my mind to think new sentences. Like the stone was controlling my thoughts.
Awaken Me
I dropped the egg, and everything went back to normal.
It took me a while to notice, I was lying on the ground, and I was cold. My senses had also changed, it was like a switch had been turned in my head and it had lifted the darkness off my eyes. I also remember seeing My Grandad shaking me, and I was awake sort of.
“Wow” I said shakily.
“You are the one.” My Grandad said simply.
“What?”
“You are the one.”
“OK What is going on!” I screamed, “What was that!”
“That,” Said Grandad “Is your Dragon”

Re: Power - Book 1 Of The Riders Trilogy by LanceLight: 12:10am On Feb 24, 2010
Chapter 2 Awaken Me

“You must awaken him” Said Grandad “Awaken your Dragon”
That was what Grandad said before a scooped up the egg. It was cold again, I was alone, alone in the dark, but this time, I knew what to do. It was like a hidden instinct, I sat cross-legged on the ground as if I was meditating, placed the egg on my feet, and lowered my forehead to touch the egg. It was like an explosion of feelings from the stone, I thought it was attacking me until I realized, They were feelings. Love, Longing, Happiness, sadness. I embraced them, I was swimming amongst those feelings, And I gave the egg my feelings, Happy feelings, contempt, and events that had happened in my life so far, My first tooth, My family, The death of my friends, and strange disappearance of my mother. All of a sudden the darkness was gone. I was back in the sunshine, with my Grandad.
“Well done” Said Grandad proudly, indicating with his index finger.
The red stone was, changing. It was more soft than solid, and more of a gas than a liquid it was a strange feeling, sort of like holding water that floated above your palm. Then the Rock disappeared, but not fully, only the casing, And siting in my hand only the size of my palm, was a curled up in a ball was a dragon. Once again it was like a switch except, stronger, every sense had been heightened to 150%. I could determine the different types of birds in the air. I could smell the very dust in the ground. It was like I could zoom in to different things in the ground, And I could feel every single scale on my dragon. My Dragon!
“Don’t worry Lance, once you advance in your training you will be able to turn off your heightened senses, you can even lower your senses once you advance to master.” Said my Grandad.
“Wait” I said suspiciously “ Is there like a dragon, ” I hesitated. What was I?
A dragon keeper?
A dragon Friend?
“The term you’re looking for is Dragon Rider” Corrected Grandad.
“OK so a Dragon rider school?” I said.
“Sort of” Grandad said thoughtfully “There used to but now the dragons have decided to turn on us.”
“Huh?” I said confused.
“Have you heard of the Greek Gods?” asked Grandad.
“Sure” I replied.
“Well they were the first dragon riders.” explained Grandad “They had the power to use Magik and to have the almost unbeatable power of the dragons.”
“So what happened?” I asked.
“Well that’s A pretty touchy subject, we’re not sure which God It was, but they turned on the rest of the riders, and destroyed allot of Eggs which made the dragons really angry, and that’s where the mortals come in.” started Grandad
“The Gods took two sides, and as the battles broke out, the last two Eggs that were not destroyed, fell through the clouds of mount Olympus, and two people found the Eggs. And so began the start of the human riders.”
“And then I found the Egg.” Smiled Grandad “And I sworn that I would train the last rider until he was ready to start his reign to help the people in my world.”
“Huh?” I said confused ”Wasn’t your home in Sydney?”
“No I was born in another world, a world called, perspherous, which is now at war with itself.” Said Grandad sadly. “The opposition is being controlled by a strange being, a being which also reigns on a dragon, but this dragon is like no other.”
“And you need a hero.” I said, my mind in overdrive.
“Yes, and I will train you, But to start training first, you need to meet your dragon!” Said Grandad, smiling. My dragon was stirring.

(1) (Reply)

My Nigeria / Red Respect! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.