Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. (17625 Views)

Anthony Joshua Knocks Kubrat Pulev Out In The 9th Round / Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London / Kubrat Pulev Suspended After Kissing A Female Reporter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:30pm On Sep 04, 2017
Bulgaria's Kubrat Pulev has confirmed he will face Britain's IBF and WBA heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua in Cardiff on 28 October.

The 36-year-old is the mandatory challenger for Joshua's IBF title.
"My preparation is very intensive despite the little time left," Pulev posted on Facebook, adding the date and confirming Cardiff as the venue.
"I will be perfectly ready when I enter the ring, so that he will not have any chance against me."

The Bulgarian added: "Anthony Joshua is a great and dangerous rival. But his style fits perfectly on mine."
The bout has not been confirmed by Joshua's team, with promoter Eddie Hearn stating an announcement would be made on Tuesday.

In contrast to his comments on Monday, Pulev posted a message on 24 August stating he was not "in sync" with his promoters, who he believed had been negotiating the date of the bout without consulting him. He added he would "need a minimum of three to four months" to prepare.

Cardiff's Principality Stadium is expected to host the bout six months after Joshua stopped Wladimir Klitschko at a sold-out Wembley Stadium in April, to add the WBA title to the IBF belt he claimed in 2016.
Klitschko delivered the only defeat of Pulev's 26-fight career in 2015 but the Bulgarian has since won five fights in a row, taking him to a position as the IBF's mandatory challenger.

Both of Joshua's belts are expected to be on the line as the 27-year-old prepares to add to his 19 wins from 19 fights, all within the distance.
Hearn has said that Joshua's aim is to face Pulev before meeting Luis Ortiz, the mandatory challenger for his WBA title - stressing that Joshua does not want to vacate either of his belts and would rather defend them before hopefully facing WBC title holder Deontay Wilder in the summer of 2018.

The heavyweight division's fourth recognised title is held by New Zealand's Joseph Parker, who defends the WBO belt against Hughie Fury in Manchester on 23 September.
Joshua's meeting with Pulev is set to be the fourth night of boxing held at Wales' national stadium.
Matt Skelton overcame Danny Williams for the Commonwealth heavyweight title there in 2006, while Wales' Joe Calzaghe enjoyed two wins in front of his home crowd, against Peter Manfredo and Mikkel Kessler.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/41152241

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:53pm On Sep 04, 2017
cc: Lalasticlala, Dominique.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/41152241
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by Cholls(m): 7:26pm On Sep 04, 2017
my brother no b dis Pulev defeat that yeye Samuel Peters last year

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by soberdrunk(m): 12:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
"Bulgarian" "Five wins in a row", Mama Anthony better start her fasting and night vigils ASAP and make them send money come give village people, make them sef arrange the "ISE' well...... angry

Ps-I hope this will not be another Samuel Peters saga angry

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
This will be a walk over for Anthony Joshua

21 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by sukkot: 12:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
why is he running from wilder ? he and wilder would be a good fight. who is this kuburatu guy ? sounds like a yoruba woman

17 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by ogaub(m): 12:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
anoda awan in d making
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by Layisam(m): 12:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
Gucci o, Gucci o...
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by seunjott: 12:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
Casual match uo
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by solid3(m): 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
I won't like to see any Biafran on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by rotex2: 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
This is for serious people only. It hurts me a lot of times when i slide in here to see how people complain and find it tough to get busy and make income for themselves. I think it shouldn't be the case but unfortunately, in this nation of ours it is so.

Well, no long stories, If you have know you truly need earnings/income for yourself , this is for you. it's no magic. But i noticed that when things that would benefit people get posted here sometimes, people come down here to write all sorts of trash.

If interested, text your email to 07035501257 . And the link will be sent to you asap. You can choose to keep doubting, complaining and remain where you are.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by lonelydora: 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
Let me start boiling hot water for Kubrat Pulev.....for his cheek. Joshua please show no mercy.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by abtallest24(m): 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
U sure say this pulev go fit fight so?

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by dessz(m): 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2017
make sure say em eat enough pounded yam to prepare himself to may weather the guy. grin

new word
mayweather(verb)
used to describe a brutal and merciless beating towards an opponent.

Example
if I catch nwaamaikpe in my area, I will "mayweather" him. grin

9 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by bivanJohnaliuz(m): 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2017
all diz tin na Fake nah......
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by MrDoGood(m): 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2017
Another K.O in the making
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by Biodun1929(m): 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
This his opponent looks tired. No fire in his eyes or his words.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by agbalej(m): 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
Team Joshua!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by goodvision12(m): 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
Cholls:
my brother no b dis Pulev defeat that yeye Samuel Peters last year
no it was the klistchko brother who defeated samuel okon peters

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by SkenolProp(m): 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2017
Kuburat ke? grin grin grin grin grin Na woman him wan fight? Anyways,i wish him all the best. #MY SIGNATURE #MY PROFILE

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by Biodun1929(m): 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2017
abtallest24:
U sure say this pulev go fit fight so?

lol! That's the same thing on my mind.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2017
Fight wilder next
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by owomida1: 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2017
This one wey your mouth don spoil before AJ blow am self.

Olodo
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by Dyt(f): 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
Nodding head
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by MrDoGood(m): 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
sukkot:
why is he running from wilder ? he and wilder would be a good fight. who is this kuburatu guy ? sounds like a yoruba woman
Running ke? Oga wake up... It seems you don't know A.j very well..... Klishko will defeat wilder let alone A.J!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by Jackipapa: 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
sukkot:

Kuburatu nah woman name for Yorubaland now!

This world is so small.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by Kobicove(m): 12:17pm On Sep 05, 2017
Finally the moment of truth is here undecided

This is the real test Joshua needs...I just hope he would not be a flash in the pan like Samuel Peters
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by nwafresh(m): 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
Arsenal fans please dis is boxing..don't mistake it with EPL grin grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
I go beat the two of them combined
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by Flaghouse1: 12:22pm On Sep 05, 2017
Amebo1:
This will be a walk over for Anthony Joshua

SO YOU THINK,BET THIS GUY WILL BEAT ANTHONY JOSHUA,PLAESE WHEN THE DAYCOMES DONT FORGET. TO SEND ME A MESSAG,DONT SAY I AM. MOT PATRIOTIC ,

THE GUY WILL WIN JOSHUA.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by Jaynom(m): 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2017
Damn! Joshua needs to work on his defences and breath control. Pulev na dangerous boxer plus he's been eyeing A.Joshua
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff To Host Heavyweight Bout On 28october. by fitprince: 12:30pm On Sep 05, 2017
all this old men no go allow this boy rest

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Cup 2018: Donald Trump Congratulates France, Russia (Photo) / "FC Ifeanyi Ubah Is Worse Than Ghana's Hearts Of Oak" - Sacked Japanese Coach / What Is Your Greatest Football Moment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.