Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Corper Liason Officer(clo) Recognition Certificate: Any Advantage After NYSC? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Liason Officer(clo) Recognition Certificate: Any Advantage After NYSC? (5578 Views)

How To Become A Corpers' Liason Officer(clo) / Struggles After NYSC ... (Welcome To The Real World) - Meme Collection / Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corper Liason Officer(clo) Recognition Certificate: Any Advantage After NYSC? by BaesDiary: 10:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
A Corper Liason Officer, popularly called CLO is a corp member who is chosen or appointed to basically liase with other fellow corp members and NYSC officials. He ensures that information get across to the corp members at the approprite time. He organises meetings, schedules with corp members and NYSC officials to ensure the smooth running of the programme in his local government of duty. 
The CLO's Primary Place of Appointment, PPA is at the local government where the Area Liason Officer, Local Government Liason Officer (who are NYSC officials) work.

Usually, after the one year period of serving the fatherland is up, the CLO is awarded a certificate of recognition, in addition to the NYSC certificate he gets. Sometimes, there's a tussle for this post among corp members, as there's a belief that the recognition certificate given to the CLO gives him an edge in the labour market, others claimed it gives you a sort of affluence in the society,  especially if you vye for a top or influential position.

Now, here's my question. Of what relevance is the CLO recognition certificate after NYSC? Do you know anyone who's used the certificate to his advantage? Or should we consider it just another piece of cardboard stock? In other words, who CLO Certificate help? Kindly tell us in the comment box.

This post first appeared on this blog - Bae's Diary!

Source: http://www.baesdiary.com.ng/2017/09/corper-liason-officerclo-recognition.html

Cc: Ogbeche77
Seun
Lalasticlala

Re: Corper Liason Officer(clo) Recognition Certificate: Any Advantage After NYSC? by MhizzAJ(f): 11:30pm On Sep 04, 2017
Have not seen anyone who used d certificate to his advantage .

But i think being the CLO improves your leadership abilities...u would get to interact with diverse group of people and also coordinate them and since a certificate is being issued, i think it can also be submitted during job interviews since most companies need people with leadership abilities/team players

1 Like

Re: Corper Liason Officer(clo) Recognition Certificate: Any Advantage After NYSC? by PrinzCarter(m): 11:33pm On Sep 04, 2017
Re: Corper Liason Officer(clo) Recognition Certificate: Any Advantage After NYSC? by Nobody: 1:58am On Sep 05, 2017
MhizzAJ:

But i think being the CLO improves your leadership abilities...u would get to interact with diverse group of people and also coordinate them and since a certificate is being issued, i think it can also be submitted during job interviews since most companies need people with leadership abilities/team players
I never even knew they do award some sort of certificate, I would have said....Who CLO help?
Re: Corper Liason Officer(clo) Recognition Certificate: Any Advantage After NYSC? by BaesDiary: 7:08am On Sep 05, 2017
MhizzAJ:

Well said, thanks.
Re: Corper Liason Officer(clo) Recognition Certificate: Any Advantage After NYSC? by BaesDiary: 9:17am On Sep 06, 2017
PreacherX:
I never even knew they do award some sort of certificate, I would have said....Who CLO help?

They do award a certificate.
Re: Corper Liason Officer(clo) Recognition Certificate: Any Advantage After NYSC? by Bills2307(m): 9:57pm On Sep 06, 2017
huu sabi clo after nysc. unless it's the local govt that will retain u.
Re: Corper Liason Officer(clo) Recognition Certificate: Any Advantage After NYSC? by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 07, 2017
shocked Wow!
BaesDiary:

They do award a certificate.
Re: Corper Liason Officer(clo) Recognition Certificate: Any Advantage After NYSC? by Herbiedemmy(m): 6:37am On Sep 07, 2017
I tire certificate for clo
Re: Corper Liason Officer(clo) Recognition Certificate: Any Advantage After NYSC? by kuchikau1: 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2017
Abeg tell dem.
Bills2307:
huu sabi clo after nysc. unless it's the local govt that will retain u.
Re: Corper Liason Officer(clo) Recognition Certificate: Any Advantage After NYSC? by BaesDiary: 3:42pm On Sep 08, 2017
kuchikau1:
Abeg tell dem.

But with the way some Corp members fight for this CLO of a thingy ehn, you will think they would be given automatic employment after their service yr grin

I know of a female who bribed her way in kind, to get that position, cos many corp members were up for that post at that time. Trust some L.I and Z.I nah. lipsrsealed
Re: Corper Liason Officer(clo) Recognition Certificate: Any Advantage After NYSC? by kuchikau1: 12:22am On Sep 09, 2017
BaesDiary:

But with the way some Corp members fight for this CLO of a thingy ehn, you will think they would be given automatic employment after their service yr grin

I know of a female who bribed her way in kind, to get that position, cos many corp members were up for that post at that time. Trust some L.I and Z.I nah. lipsrsealed
hmm...nothing wey ear no go hear o!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Overseas Student Requirments / 2015 Batch B Posting/mobilization #call-up Letter / NYSC: See Orientation And Winding/passing Out Dates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.