Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game (34952 Views)

Obu Umunri Enugwu-ukwu Yuletide Masquerades Flogging Competition (Video, Pics) / Young Man Engages Masquerade In A Flogging Contest As Villagers Watch. Photos / 'I Got Three Wives Through Flogging' - Fulani Man (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by IgedeBushBoy(m): 5:53am On Sep 05, 2017
A young man, Yari Inusa, has died while competing with another suitor for a lady’s hand in marriage.

The incident happened at Durmin Biri village, in the Kafur Local Government Area of Katsina State.

Police sources said the man died following injuries he sustained on the head when he engaged in a Fulani traditional game of Sharo with another man, Ahmed Saidu, to determine who would marry the lady.

Sharo game entails two male suitors flogging each other for a woman’s hand in marriage. Whoever wins between them will marry the girl.

Inusa had reportedly flogged Saidu without any incident, but tragedy struck when it was the turn of Saidu to flog Inusa.

Saidu allegedly hit Inusa on the head, instead of hitting him on the back as the rules of the game dictates.

Inusa was said to have fainted after he was hit on the head; and eventual died.

The Katsina State Police Command spokesman, DSP Gambo Isah, confirmed the incident.

He said, “Inusa’s father, Mallam, reported the incident to the police, leading to the arrest of Saidu.”

He said Inusa’s corpse had been released to the family and buried according to Islamic rites.

http://punchng.com/suitor-dies-in-katsina-marriage-flogging-game/

1 Like

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by vibratingpenis: 5:55am On Sep 05, 2017
o'boy.. journey of no return

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by marshalcarter: 6:00am On Sep 05, 2017
lwkmd.....dem don first whip the nigga soul commot nii grin

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by WenysAD(f): 6:02am On Sep 05, 2017
Dem for post d pix of the girl wey d guys got flogged for leading to d death of one of d suitors so we can decide if it was worth it

135 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by hatchy(f): 6:06am On Sep 05, 2017
There is so much segregation in the North in economic, socially, educational and even religious aspect.

These retrogressive traditions does not apply to the rich and well placed but only the poor just because they have to subjugate and bring them to total submission.

Mentality issues!

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Ultimus: 6:06am On Sep 05, 2017
Pu.ssy so good, Saidu had to literally kill off any competition to get it. grin

40 Likes

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Nwodosis(m): 6:14am On Sep 05, 2017
But I didn't see anybody being flogged when Buhari's daughters were given out for marriage. Is their tradition not meant for all? Or their leaders also use tradition as they use religion to brainwash their commoners?

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by thesicilian: 6:19am On Sep 05, 2017
This tradition is barbaric and should be stopped. Besides I think its only the poor that engage in it because I have never heard of a rich man being flogged for marriage.
Again, another problem with the Muslim tradition is the 'hurry-hurry' burial. If somebody dies under questionable circumstances, why can't they wait for an autopsy to be done? Is it it possible that that man may have died from a pre existing medical condition like heart problems, and not just the flogging?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Timichael(m): 6:23am On Sep 05, 2017
This land is mine, your life is yours. Let's respect each other's property.

1 Like

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 05, 2017
2087th way to die.......
Abi una think say na by mouth eve give Adam fruit chop?
The man was threatened with punna seizure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by AngelicDamsel(f): 6:27am On Sep 05, 2017
The other man cheated! Why should he flog the head of his rival!..................

No wonder those Fulani girls end up with men old enough to be their father!

Imagine a man of 45yrs and a guy of 24yrs competing to marry a girl of 20yrs. Using this tradition, you already know who the husband will be.... grin grin grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by MhizzAJ(f): 6:37am On Sep 05, 2017
What kind of nonsense tradition is that one

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by hola106(m): 6:44am On Sep 05, 2017
like seriously

1 Like

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 05, 2017
Mynd44 oya oh....kompetition don kill someone
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Olalan(m): 6:51am On Sep 05, 2017
Strange some people still practice such in this age.
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Nutase: 6:53am On Sep 05, 2017
He will get 70 virgins when he arrives the afterlife.

12 Likes

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by SaiNigeria: 7:28am On Sep 05, 2017
Can you imagine..... did was Buhari also flogged before he married and defiled Aisha

11 Likes

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by columbus007(m): 8:24am On Sep 05, 2017
I can only clapp for their backwardness cheesy,quite impressive undecided

10 Likes

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by veekid(m): 9:10am On Sep 05, 2017
Not in 2017; aaaarrrrrrggggggggjhhhhhhhhh
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Addicted2Women: 9:10am On Sep 05, 2017

What a weak man

I took my 80 strokes of the cane and my brother's 70 lashes like a champ

They flogged me like i stole something from them, i don't know if they were angry because an igbo guy(me) is marrying their daughter

I heard they have increased the number from 80 to 400, that's the only reason why i haven't gotten a 2nd wife, i don't want to end up on the Nairaland new like this man

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 05, 2017
I just can't stop laughing ��������

1 Like

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 05, 2017
So so sad.
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by 01mcfadden(m): 9:11am On Sep 05, 2017
Stupid culture

4 Likes

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Mac2016(m): 9:11am On Sep 05, 2017
ok

2 Likes

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by paschal47(m): 9:11am On Sep 05, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin where is the lady? she must have laughed her ass out
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by SmartMugu: 9:11am On Sep 05, 2017
Oh wow! This shitt still happens in 2017? Dude killed himself over a female? Flogging game over a girl? With plenty other girls roaming the streets looking for a husband? Who does that anywhere else in the world? Weird.

1 Like

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 05, 2017
SaiNigeria:
Can you imagine..... did was Buhari also flogged before he married and defiled Aisha

who's this one

2 Likes

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by ORACLE1975(m): 9:12am On Sep 05, 2017
madness
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 05, 2017
northerners almajiri
am outta here
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by exlinkleads(f): 9:12am On Sep 05, 2017
oboy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye / Cultists Hijack Corpse Of Ife High-Chief, Omisakin / Some Tribes And Their Weird Cultural Practices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.