Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Cost Of Migrating From Blogger To Wordpress - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Cost Of Migrating From Blogger To Wordpress (1980 Views)

Moving From Blogger To Wordpress / Move Your Blog From Blogger To Wordpress For You Without Any SEO Effect. / How Ogbongeblog Switched From Blogger To Wordpress -would You Love To Change? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Migrating From Blogger To Wordpress by oganaij: 5:19pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hi guys hope you're all having a nice time. please I will like to ask if anyone knows how much it will cost to migrate from blogger platform to WordPress.

This includes the hosting from a foreign host not a local one please, and also the theme cost. I know one can get a domain name from godaddy @ $0.99 using a coupon.

Your answers will be much appreciated. thanks.
Re: Cost Of Migrating From Blogger To Wordpress by ITbomb(m): 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2017
For hosting, you don't need to pay separately for domain name, most times it is comes free with the hosting plan

Foreign host? Site ground offer a $50/yr plan, there is one for less.
You may also try namecheap or TMDhosting for affordable unlimited bandwidth

For theme, don't just go and buy a theme, try it first. If there is no free version, get a nulled version, if it is good, pay for it so that you won't run into trouble when your site bloom. Themes are between $15 to $50

If you can't design, you will need to pay a designer like me, most themes don't come exactly as you want, you need to add or remove features. Between 5k - 10k for a simple blog

Most plugins are free to try

Budget money for Facebook ads, backlinks from fiverr and money for adsense if you can't wait to be approved

#ityunit
Re: Cost Of Migrating From Blogger To Wordpress by semasir: 6:32pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hosting can range from NGN9000 to ad high as NGN20000 considering your traffic but it's almost for free migrating.

Consider this analysis:
Domain name registration: NGN 5200
Hosting: NGN 9000 for a start
Theme: NGN 19000
Servuce charge: NGN 5000
Re: Cost Of Migrating From Blogger To Wordpress by oganaij: 11:45pm On Sep 05, 2017
ITbomb:
For hosting, you don't need to pay separately for domain name, most times it is comes free with the hosting plan

Foreign host? Site ground offer a $50/yr plan, there is one for less.
You may also try namecheap or TMDhosting for affordable unlimited bandwidth

For theme, don't just go and buy a theme, try it first. If there is no free version, get a nulled version, if it is good, pay for it so that you won't run into trouble when your site bloom. Themes are between $15 to $50

If you can't design, you will need to pay a designer like me, most themes don't come exactly as you want, you need to add or remove features. Between 5k - 10k for a simple blog

Most plugins are free to try

Budget money for Facebook ads, backlinks from fiverr and money for adsense if you can't wait to be approved

#ityunit

Thanks bro for the response. Between Hostgator, Namecheap and Siteground which would suggest as a preferred host provider.
Re: Cost Of Migrating From Blogger To Wordpress by oganaij: 10:53am On Sep 06, 2017
Ok thanks.
semasir:
Hosting can range from NGN9000 to ad high as NGN20000 considering your traffic but it's almost for free migrating.

Consider this analysis:
Domain name registration: NGN 5200
Hosting: NGN 9000 for a start
Theme: NGN 19000
Servuce charge: NGN 5000
Re: Cost Of Migrating From Blogger To Wordpress by nadirinamata: 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2017
BROTHER YOUR ONLY OPTION IS SITEGROUND- APPLYGIST.COM WAS MOVED TO SITEGROUND BLOGGER TO WORDPRESS APRIL 2017, TODAY YOU CAN CHECK OUR RANK WE ARE BOUNCING BACK LIKE FIRE

LET ME NOT LIFE MOVING FROM BLOGGER TO WORDPRESS IF YOUR RITE IS ALREADY HAVING MANY POST WITH POWERFUL BACKLINKS, MOVING FROM BLOGGER TO WORDPRESS IS A NIGHT MARE BUT READ MY RECOMMENDATION ITS YOUR LAST HOPE

what you will also get Hosting on Siteground, am not paid to do this but I can't just hide this

1. Free Importing from Blogger to WordPress
2. Free https
3. Free Domain if you want to start new site
4. Free CloudFlare service activated
5. 30 Days Backup- they backup your site for last 30 days, meaning even if you get hacked which is impossible, all you need is to pick any day to restore to
6. Free plugin to clear cache- Over 4 months of using Sitegrounf, I have not used up to 1 Gb out of 10
7. You can Host unlimited number of domains on this plan-
8. You can create a subdomain eg, chat.applygist.com or applygist.com/forum
9. Affiliate system-
you can still chop another bonus by referring people HERE ARE REWARDS

READ THIS FULL ARTICLE - http://applygist.com/2017/09/how-to-start-a-blog-best-webhost.html

Re: Cost Of Migrating From Blogger To Wordpress by Dmayor7(m): 12:33am On Sep 07, 2017
oganaij:

Thanks bro for the response. Between Hostgator, Namecheap and Siteground which would suggest as a preferred host provider.

I suggest you go with NameCheap if you are low on budget...

If not, by all that's holy, use BlueHost and you get a free domain from them too!...

Click here http://www.bluehost.com/track/darlingtonokafor

NOTE
If you buy from BlueHost I will get s little commission for it, but by all mean host your site on BlueHost.

That's what I use, that what the big wings in blogging use.
Re: Cost Of Migrating From Blogger To Wordpress by oganaij: 6:49pm On Sep 07, 2017
Dmayor7:

I suggest you go with NameCheap if you are low on budget...

If not, by all that's holy, use BlueHost and you get a free domain from them too!...

Click here http://www.bluehost.com/track/darlingtonokafor

NOTE
If you buy from BlueHost I will get s little commission for it, but by all mean host your site on BlueHost.

That's what I use, that what the big wings in blogging use.
OK I will take a look at bluehost.
Re: Cost Of Migrating From Blogger To Wordpress by Dmayor7(m): 11:19pm On Sep 08, 2017
oganaij:

OK I will take a look at bluehost.

That gonna be the best choice you will make...

I assure you, you will enjoy BlueHost professionalism and integrity
Re: Cost Of Migrating From Blogger To Wordpress by oganaij: 8:18am On Sep 09, 2017
I was thinking of migrating to WordPress and also changing the name of the blog. do you guys think its possible? if yes, what are the effects or challenges?
Re: Cost Of Migrating From Blogger To Wordpress by Dmayor7(m): 9:01am On Sep 09, 2017
oganaij:
I was thinking of migrating to WordPress are also changing the name of the blog. do you guys think its possible? if yes, what are the effects or challenges?

It's possible to change the domain name, and migrate to WordPress...

Bit this gonna require the service of someone with hosting and cpanel knowledge...

I can help you migrate your website to blogger freely....

Contact me via WhatsApp 08175765974

(1) (Reply)

Correct Me / Help; I'm Having Issues With My Domain / Am In Need Of An Expert In SEO And A Very Good Writter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.