Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla (13174 Views)

Flooded Houses In Ogbunabali, Port-Hacourt: Residents Removing Flood / These Houses In Ebute Metta Are Too Close To Each Other (pictures) / Lands And Houses In Estates For Sale At Choice Places In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by Amberon11: 10:45am On Sep 06, 2017
Lol
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by CaptPlanet(m): 10:45am On Sep 06, 2017
Obono Obla Is it your house?

FG needs this for their aides.

1 Like

Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by refreshrate: 10:48am On Sep 06, 2017
frankihima:
is u that something is wrong with,u must be sick in the brain for that ur statement do u no how many houses in abuja that nobody is inside for five to ten ?u seat down that forest and start texting nonsense.I'm 100% support government on this.I feel sorry for this country for God to miss us with people that have mental damage like u

Dude I'd concentrate more on getting a lesson teacher if I were you. Why are you trying to give us headache this morning?
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by yim(f): 10:49am On Sep 06, 2017
To whom would those houses be sold? undecided undecided
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by NothingDoMe: 10:52am On Sep 06, 2017
God forbid to buy house in Abuja. I would rather buy in the east.

1 Like

Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by NothingDoMe: 10:52am On Sep 06, 2017
CaptPlanet:
Obono Obla Is it your house?

FG needs this for their aides.

that brain Cleaner dey work fire aswear

1 Like

Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by Amberon11: 10:56am On Sep 06, 2017
How can you ask such insentitive question?

No, most of our politicians in a bid to cover their tracks built those houses. There's no real estate company in the world that builds houses without having to either rent them out or sell them. That in itself tells you something is fishy.

Kobicove:
How does it concern you if the houses are empty?

Some of those properties are owned by people who acquired them through legitimate means
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by SalamRushdie: 11:02am On Sep 06, 2017
Another shortsighted and myopic Buhari employee has spoken
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 06, 2017
Useless Government that has no clue of what they are doing. Peoples' properties are now your problem.
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by charlesucheh(m): 11:05am On Sep 06, 2017
Guestlander:
What about people who acquired their properties by legitimate means?
so u can't read properly abi?
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by jobbers: 11:15am On Sep 06, 2017
ok
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by Guestlander: 11:20am On Sep 06, 2017
charlesucheh:
so u can't read properly abi?
u

Morons shouldn't be quoting me. I don't appreciate it. Read the post again and explain to me the correlation between empty houses and criminal embezzlement.
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by samstels: 11:21am On Sep 06, 2017
Thebest12:
The senior special assistant to the president on prosecution, Mr Okoi Obono-Obla on Tuesday, September 5, urged the federal government to take over empty houses in Abuja and sell them.

Cross River-born Obono-Obla, who is also the chairman of the special presidential investigation panel for the recovery of public property, made this known when the Say no Campaign, a civil society organisation, paid a courtesy call on him in Abuja.

He stated that it was important for the government to collaborate with civil society groups in order to search out properties of looters of national treasury.
“I want the houses taken over, that is where CSOs will have to work together with us.
“We have to take over those building and sell them and maybe put the money into education for our children.
“I was appointed to work to galvanise the anti-corruption war this assignment is a very important one and I will do it well,”he said.

Obono-Obla also said that there was a law known as the Recovery of Public Property Special Provisions Act which had been in existence for the past 40 years without being implemented by successive governments.
He said that if that law was used, corruption would have been reduced drastically in Nigeria.
“If you know public servants or directors that have properties, bring their names. I have been asked to focus on the public sector corruption which is the endemic one.

“We can investigate anyone with a source of wealth that cannot be explained.”he added.
Earlier, the director of Say No Campaign, Mr Ezenwa Nwagwu, expressed the organisation's worry about the mode of prosecutions, especially those carried out by anti-corruption agencies.

He stated that the Say No Campaign and other Civil Society Organisations are ready to partner with the presidential aide to make his job easier.
His words:“There are compromises involved. There are constraints in government that we don't have, so if we partner together, we'll be able to do much more.
“We want to be able to screen out particular areas where we will be able to assist you.
“There is a personality cult around the fight around the anti-corruption fight and that is not helpful. We want the citizens of our country to own the fight.”
The party made the allegation on Monday, September 4, in relation to series of allegations levelled against the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris, by the senator representing Bauchi Central, Isah Misau.

Source: http://RationalTV..in/2017/09/fg-must-take-over-empty-houses-in-abuja.html

Are you sure this man has common sense ??

People cannot even pay rent talkless of to buy houses .....

Ohhhh........I now remember ,members of this government can buy them off .

Rubbish
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by wildchild02: 11:36am On Sep 06, 2017
True talk especially in Maitama and Asokoro/Aso Drive

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION (Sallah Promo is still on)
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by Sunnynwa: 11:37am On Sep 06, 2017
uzoclinton:
I'm in support of this... there are so many empty houses owned by politicians in Abuja. . since they are not using it make fg kukuma sell them

You must be a lazy idiot coveting another man's property.

1 Like

Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by Omeokachie: 11:54am On Sep 06, 2017
Dem wan acquire properties through the back door.
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by CaptPlanet(m): 11:56am On Sep 06, 2017
NothingDoMe:
that brain Cleaner dey work fire aswear

Lol!

1 Like

Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by charlesucheh(m): 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2017
Guestlander:
u

Morons shouldn't be quoting me. I don't appreciate it. Read the post again and explain to me the correlation between empty houses and criminal embezzlement.
mtcheeeeeeeeeeewmmmm!!! Dnt have ur time!
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by justineu(m): 12:35pm On Sep 06, 2017
frankihima:
is u that something is wrong with,u must be sick in the brain for that ur statement do u no how many houses in abuja that nobody is inside for five to ten ?u seat down that forest and start texting nonsense.I'm 100% support government on this.I feel sorry for this country for God to miss us with people that have mental damage like u
you are very stup.id and daft to make such statement above. Someone who struggle so hard and make his money built a house and maybe traveled outside to reside with his family for some time, and the government wakesup one day decide to take his property for no just reason. you and that government must be dead upstair. Did he built the house with government money, did he steal the money.. Don't go struggle and make your own money instead of looking for opportunity to steal someone's wealth. Foo.l

People like you are the ones in the village who don't like seeing people grow.

What economic benefit will it add to the nation?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by vislabraye(m): 12:37pm On Sep 06, 2017
raker300:
So this man wants to do another abandoned property?

I can see these niger delta dolts can't invest on their own without taking igbo properties like they did after the war.

Nigger-area and backward mentality

Mumu.... Is it only Igbos that have properties in Abuja ? Or are you trying to say Abuja is in Igbo land? May be you have not taken account of the many corrupt politicians that own properties in Abj.
People like you are shouting Biafra and you want NigerDelta to be part of it. But people like you have very nasty attitude.

1 Like

Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by GOFRONT(m): 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2017
There z an Estate close to my Neighborhood. Its been 4 yrs now and nobody has packed in

Nigerians getty mind sha

1 Like

Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by Lordave: 1:09pm On Sep 06, 2017
frankihima:
Guy quit foaming in the mouth, what are you even saying?

The empty houses in Abuja, do they all belong to corrupt politician? Are there no upright politicians in Nigeria no more? Are there no business men who can afford to to build houses and leave them empty because of people not been able to pay his asking price?

The government should tread with caution, I just hope they don't end up confiscating people's hard earned properties in the name of fighting corruption.
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by lilytender: 1:15pm On Sep 06, 2017
BlackDBagba:
They have started again.... grin

You are wrong. They haven't started again, instead they are continuing the on-going fight. The fight against corruption. Fight against the forces of darkness that turned you and I to internet trolls.
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by HillsBlaze(m): 1:39pm On Sep 06, 2017
It seems all the juicy properties in Abuja are finished and/or to expensive for him to purchase. Criminals!!! When you don't have something and you trying to get it through the back door in the name of fighting corruption.
2019 is fast approaching and am sure we kicking a lot of "asses"out.
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 06, 2017
He must be an ikwere man, typical cross riverians dont covert other peoples houses.
To be a landloord in abj is not by force.
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by bigfather(m): 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2017
Thebest12:
The senior special assistant to the president on prosecution, Mr Okoi Obono-Obla on Tuesday, September 5, urged the federal government to take over empty houses in Abuja and sell them.

Cross River-born Obono-Obla, who is also the chairman of the special presidential investigation panel for the recovery of public property, made this known when the Say no Campaign, a civil society organisation, paid a courtesy call on him in Abuja.

He stated that it was important for the government to collaborate with civil society groups in order to search out properties of looters of national treasury.
“I want the houses taken over, that is where CSOs will have to work together with us.
“We have to take over those building and sell them and maybe put the money into education for our children.
“I was appointed to work to galvanise the anti-corruption war this assignment is a very important one and I will do it well,”he said.

Obono-Obla also said that there was a law known as the Recovery of Public Property Special Provisions Act which had been in existence for the past 40 years without being implemented by successive governments.
He said that if that law was used, corruption would have been reduced drastically in Nigeria.
“If you know public servants or directors that have properties, bring their names. I have been asked to focus on the public sector corruption which is the endemic one.

“We can investigate anyone with a source of wealth that cannot be explained.”he added.
Earlier, the director of Say No Campaign, Mr Ezenwa Nwagwu, expressed the organisation's worry about the mode of prosecutions, especially those carried out by anti-corruption agencies.

He stated that the Say No Campaign and other Civil Society Organisations are ready to partner with the presidential aide to make his job easier.
His words:“There are compromises involved. There are constraints in government that we don't have, so if we partner together, we'll be able to do much more.
“We want to be able to screen out particular areas where we will be able to assist you.
“There is a personality cult around the fight around the anti-corruption fight and that is not helpful. We want the citizens of our country to own the fight.”
The party made the allegation on Monday, September 4, in relation to series of allegations levelled against the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris, by the senator representing Bauchi Central, Isah Misau.

Source: http://RationalTV..in/2017/09/fg-must-take-over-empty-houses-in-abuja.html

Na who go buy am?
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by shankara7: 3:03pm On Sep 06, 2017
Nutase:
E for make sense o. Imagine if the number of empty houses in ABUJA are seized, rent will crash like the naira. cool
Some estates have never been occupied and yet the landlords don't care. This is a sign that they were possibly acquired with stolen funds. Which biz man invests so much and leaves it as a non earning asset for years and is not bothered at all?
Have you approached the owners of these properties or their rep for renting of these houses and they refused to let it out to you?
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by Lovintus2(m): 3:17pm On Sep 06, 2017
Okay.

In other news: Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for my comedy skits. #Lovintus Entertainment
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by babestella: 4:30pm On Sep 06, 2017
I have always known Cross River folks to be intelligent, but the obla of a guy and the APC government are so so low in esteem, how can FG take over peoples houses in Abuja just because they are vacant? How.

Some of those houses are owned by people who even live abroad, some are just being completed. Some are even built for future investment.

Anyway, they know how to lose cases in court, by the time they illegally sell someone's house, that person would sue them and have them pay damages this time around. APC Nigeria thinks everyone is corrupt except them, that is how they released 48 houses to Sylva. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by babestella: 4:34pm On Sep 06, 2017
APC will soon come for your abandoned shoes, clothings, face caps & cars you don't regularly drive because they (APC) thinks you bought them with stolen money.
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by romenna: 4:53pm On Sep 06, 2017
Re: FG Must Take Over Empty Houses In Abuja And Sell Them - Obono-obla by keletex2000(m): 4:57pm On Sep 06, 2017
I'm afraid that if the FG does that, the only people that can afford those houses are the original owners...
...the houses will still remain empty.
Abi na me go buy house N750mn?!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Electric Fence\ Energy Fence Call 08132493898 / Cost Of Bulding A Room And Parlour Self Contain. / Earn Over #20.0m Monthly Income In Lagoon Dredging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.