Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning (34289 Views)

My Breakfast This Morning (picture) / Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord / Anytime My Husband Is Angry, This Is My Way Of Apologising To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Prognose: 9:34am On Sep 06, 2017
Inasmuch as I am firmly opposed to feminism, the way fellow men behave nowadays is nothing to write home about.

I was on a bus to my place of work this morning. I sat at the back and other passengers joined. Seated beside me was this teenage girl, quite pretty, simple dressing in a blouse and skirt that ended well below her knees. Despite the fact that she didn't wear any makeup, the Good book will say "she was pleasant to look at."

Her harassment started from the park. The conductor kept on making rude, intimidating remarks at her, whether that was his method of 'toasting' I don't know. The driver offered to let her drive for n50 less than the normal amount. That was a nice gesture, true, but purely unnecessary. It clearly made her uncomfortable. Keep in mind that this girl was well dressed, wore a pink gown with frilled short sleeves and a collar that hid her average sized boobs very well. Her bum was nothing to write home about later. It was her face that was more than averagely beautiful.

After about 20mins driving in traffic, we got to a popular bus stop and passengers from the front alighted. We waited a bit for more passengers to fill the front seat.

All of a sudden three guys who were passing by the bus stopped. One of them reached in and pointed directly at the girl, as in, in-her-face pointing at her and said "See fine gyal!"

I was shocked, as we're others on the bus. It looked for a moment as if he literally wanted to drag her out of the bus to 'admire' her. She on her part shifted quickly away from his reach while those of us at the back shouted on him. He laughed and went on his way with his other laughing buddies.

Na wa oh. Don't we as men have self control again? How would you feel if someone did something like that to your sister? Made her feel uncomfortable and threatened that way? That girl couldn't have been more than 15 years old and the men around her were just acting like animals!

Please guys let's have some self control. The reason why there is a feminist movement in the first place is because the oppression and misbehaviour by irresponsible men was becoming too much. Let's salvage our leadership and become leaders once more, men that women would want to respect, love and cherish.
Thanks

272 Likes 19 Shares

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Flatties: 9:38am On Sep 06, 2017
There are men and gentlemen

As there are ladies and there are hoes

111 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by raydatluvs(m): 11:37am On Sep 06, 2017
I'm not sure when men became so weak and feeble at mind. Like we can not even do our own small shakara

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Drjudy007: 9:37pm On Sep 06, 2017
This clearly shows sexual harassment and the poor girl probably endures this everyday. It is everywhere in this society and nothing is being done to combat it. I wonder why men must be asked to imagine if a woman they are putting in an uncomfortable or bad situation is their sister before they can see the wrong been done. This is what has given rise to the #menarescum movement. Parents should do better in raising the male child and stop the entitlements. Women are not objects to be ridiculed or taken, we are humans too.

About feminism, what is good for the goose is good for the gander. No sex is greater than the other. And really, we should all be feminists.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 06, 2017
Wahali the sexual harrasment issue don tire me

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by 1Sharon(f): 2:41am On Sep 07, 2017
Cc mynd44 lalasticlala OAM4J

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by 1Sharon(f): 3:07am On Sep 07, 2017
Men! If you see a woman you feel is attractive. It's not her fault she looks that way, she didn't choose the way she looks. So why do you feel the need to guilt trip her into accepting ur abusive advances? Why do You feel she should put up with ur harassment which borders on bullying just because of how she looks? Why do you feel she should take all that abuse on the chin like it is acceptable?

She cant help it, so have some DECORUM when interacting with a woman and at least try to suppress the cave man tendencies

Shitt like this is annoying

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by NairalandSARS: 6:56am On Sep 07, 2017
I don't see any harassment here. Na bad thing to admire pesin? So all those girls that stare at me are harassing me?

15 Likes

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 07, 2017
I wouldn't consider it harassment as no 1 touched or made lewd comments ta her.

1 guy complimented her loudly and the driver offered her a discount
... but neither touched or suggested anything. Its normal.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by eyinjuege: 8:06am On Sep 07, 2017
You can imagine what such men do to children in the confines of their homes and environment. Paedophiles are rife in Nigeria. Its a pity the govt isn't doing much about it.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 07, 2017
The way some men act in front of pretty ladies is embarrassing. Even some old men start misbehaving in front of pretty ladies. Ironically, it's the man who doesn't show interest in her beauty that she gets attracted to. We need self control.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 07, 2017
Prognose:
Inasmuch as I am firmly opposed to feminism, the way fellow men behave nowadays is nothing to write home about.

I was on a bus to my place of work this morning. I sat at the back and other passengers joined. Seated beside me was this teenage girl, quite pretty, simple dressing in a blouse and skirt that ended well below her knees. Despite the fact that she didn't wear any makeup, the Good book will say "she was pleasant to look at."

Her harassment started from the park. The conductor kept on making rude, intimidating remarks at her, whether that was his method of 'toasting' I don't know. The driver offered to let her drive for n50 less than the normal amount. That was a nice gesture, true, but purely unnecessary. It clearly made her uncomfortable. Keep in mind that this girl was well dressed, wore a pink gown with frilled short sleeves and a collar that hid her average sized boobs very well. Her bum was nothing to write home about later. It was her face that was more than averagely beautiful.

After about 20mins driving in traffic, we got to a popular bus stop and passengers from the front alighted. We waited a bit for more passengers to fill the front seat.

All of a sudden three guys who were passing by the bus stopped. One of them reached in and pointed directly at the girl, as in, in-her-face pointing at her and said "See fine gyal!"

I was shocked, as we're others on the bus. It looked for a moment as if he literally wanted to drag her out of the bus to 'admire' her. She on her part shifted quickly away from his reach while those of us at the back shouted on him. He laughed and went on his way with his other laughing buddies.

Na wa oh. Don't we as men have self control again? How would you feel if someone did something like that to your sister? Made her feel uncomfortable and threatened that way? That girl couldn't have been more than 15 years old and the men around her were just acting like animals!

Please guys let's have some self control. The reason why there is a feminist movement in the first place is because the oppression and misbehaviour by irresponsible men was becoming too much. Let's salvage our leadership and become leaders once more, men that women would want to respect, love and cherish.
Thanks

Same girl wore a blouse and skirt and a pink gown?
What is everyone smoking these days?!

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Prognose: 9:08am On Sep 07, 2017
siakhris:

Same girl wore a blouse and skirt and a pink gown?
What is everyone smoking these days?!
My mistake. Blouse, not gown.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Prognose: 9:09am On Sep 07, 2017
SweetPuffPuff:

Really? shocked
So you're saying it's normal behaviour?
Cos she looked disturbed to me undecided

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Prognose: 9:23am On Sep 07, 2017
SweetPuffPuff:

And yes the conductor touched her. Grabbed her twice, quite unnecessarily. Asked about her boyfriend (as if she must have one) , asked to be her boyfriend, was sha running his mouth.
And the three guys may not have physically touched her but pointing your finger into someone's face and making like you want to eat her up doesn't sound like decent behaviour to me undecided

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 07, 2017
Op, perhaps you are the only one thinking the way you are towards her. Apart from the boy trying to touch her!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 07, 2017

It's surprising how Nigerians don't see anything wrong in verbal assaults

Sexual assaults or bullying.

It is now taken as normal thing. .

I weep for men

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 07, 2017
Hmmm

Check my siggy
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by TheMainMan: 10:27am On Sep 07, 2017
this is a not enough reason for ur justification for feminism..

however some guys are animals and this is a common occurrence...

u just go your way and ignore them... dont stoop to their level

4 Likes

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Chommieblaq(f): 10:27am On Sep 07, 2017
That one na small
I just don't know what is wrong with some men, you see them sexually harassing ladies publicly.
I have lost count of how many times it has happened to me, in the bus, street, market own na him worse pass.

It's just ridiculous

4 Likes

Because she's a fine gal ba
We worwor pple
Ehn we face more than that
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by sukkot: 10:28am On Sep 07, 2017
Moral of the story ? if you are fine geh go and look for sugar daddy to buy you small car. try and manage toyota camry or honda accord. automatic transmission. stop entering public transportation full of degenerates grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by ignis: 10:29am On Sep 07, 2017
It's pertinent to note that the damsel was not harassed because of her gender. Rather a senseless guy decided to manifest on an innocent lady.

Such act is not encouraged anywhere.

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by jayloms: 10:29am On Sep 07, 2017
And that's why they'll never get any pretty girl - not with such repulsive behaviours, unless she, unfortunately, falls in the category of ladies that can be wooed by any/every kind of guy.
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Idydarling(f): 10:29am On Sep 07, 2017
I learnt early in life to frown my face at these public places, it conveys the idea that I'm strong and won't tolerate shit, I pity the poor girl

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Robbin7(m): 10:29am On Sep 07, 2017
Ogbeni nothing happen 4 dere.
How does pointing to her and saying "see fine girl" culminate to sexual harassment. If you don't like the gesture condemn it but don't tag it sexual harassment because sexual harassment is a crime and what did guy did, I don't see any crime there or criminal intent.

In other news

6 Likes

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Celestyn8213: 10:30am On Sep 07, 2017
Are you new in Nigeria?
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by BornAgainMay: 10:30am On Sep 07, 2017
OP, sorry to ask

Do you really have work you're doing now?
Bcz you seem jobless. How can you write this long piece bcz you sat near a beautiful Geh that ppl r admiring?

Na today, you know say conductor dey admire fine gehs?

Oga, go get work or go dey do recharge card printing

By the way, the mod that pushed this stuff to front page did that bcz the heading has suspense that will make ppl check in.

That's average Nigerian man reasoning. So far money is in involved.

Ban me n be banned by most high!

12 Likes

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by refreshrate: 10:30am On Sep 07, 2017
OP you sef read what you wrote.

See the details you're using in describing the girl, her activities & everything about her, did you observe all this with just one (normal) look?

I'm sorry to tell you but you are no different from the same people you're trying to form for.

Comot for here

12 Likes

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by ExAngel007(f): 10:31am On Sep 07, 2017
tell them
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by frankgreat(m): 10:31am On Sep 07, 2017
Prognose:

Thanks

OP..i am very surprised you are calling those men animals when on your post you described a 15years old girl in such a very sexual way...haba na!!!

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Drop Your Date Of Birth, You Might Find A Match / Do You Remember This Lamp? Share Your Experiences Here / Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.