Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

AN ABERRATION ....A Short Story By Lukman Jibrin. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / AN ABERRATION ....A Short Story By Lukman Jibrin. (565 Views)

NIGERIA :THE THEATRE OF TRAGIO COMEDIOS. BY LUKMAN JIBRIN. / When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AN ABERRATION ....A Short Story By Lukman Jibrin. by Teco2(m): 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2017
This story is entirely a work of fiction, any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons is entirely coincidental.
No part of this story maybe reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without the permission from the writer.

LEICESTER, ENGLAND.

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CITY! Massimilliano Gustavo thought to himself as he sat next to the driver who was driving him to Mr. Bernardo Sanchez's mansion. they were around Northgate street in the city of Leicester.... just a stone throw from Mr. Sanchez house. The street was familiar. He could still remember when he was eight years old, Mr. Sanchez used to drive them around the popular notthgate street. THEM---him and Daniella Sanchez--Mr. Sanchez only daughter. Poor Daniella! she was always in love with him..... it was an obsession, something intense, so much so that she was not able to do away with it even when massimilliono was away. Yes! they were separated when massimilliano got admitted into one of prestigious university in Paris, France. She had wept bitterly, insisted that she wanted to follow him to Paris. Her father, Bernardo Sanchez was left bewildered by his daughter obsession with his Godson..... His Godson.... Massimilliano Gustavo was the son of Antonio Gustavo, Mr. Sanchez's friend. Antonio Gustavo, together with his wife were murdered in broad daylight in their hometown in Barkby, a small town standing five miles north-east from the center of Leicester. Massimilliano was left alone.... no relative to take care of him not until Mr Bernardo Sanchez visited them where he was first saw Massimilliano shivering like one beaten by a heavy downpour..... he was helpless, so defenceless. Mr. Sanchez took pity on massimiliano and took him to his Mansion.... there he raised him as his son. And that was many years ago. Massimilliano was now a ground up man, handsome, intelligent and a graduate of Paris Dauphin university, Paris.

Now, he was back to his city of his birth after seven years... he had received a letter while in Paris.... the message was clear.... Mr. Bernardo Sanchez died of cancer and the millionaire had instructed that his will must be read in the presence of his daughter and Godson, massimilliano Gustavo. He was devastated when he learnt that the man who took care of him had passed away..... But what he didn't understand was why Mr Bernardo would asked him to be present at the reading of the Will.

"Sir, we are already in Mr. Sanchez's house " the driver interrupted his thought.

"Yes... yes... of course"

He stepped out of the car and the driver left immediately. He took his bag and when he looked up, Daniella Sanchez was standing there before him, smiling, her teeth coming out from a shiny red mouth.

"Welcome.... should I call you "My big brother " or "My sweet darling? "....well, you are back, finally back to me after seven years "

massimilliano was speechless.... He couldn't believe what he was seeing.... Daniella Sanchez was now a grown up woman, beautiful and attractive..... but his Sister.... yes! His only sister and nothing else.

The next day, Bernardo's lawyer arrived to read out the will. Massimiliano Gustavo, Daniella Sanchez and Bernardo's two sisters were present. He cleared his throat and began:

"I Bernardo Sanchez of Leicester, being of sound mind and in contemplation of the certainty of death, do hereby declare this instrument to be my last will and testament.

that give fifteen million pounds each to my two sisters, in addition to this, My sister, Lucia Sanchez shall inherit two of my estates in Manchester, and to my other sister, Jessica Sanchez, shall inherit two of my estates here in Leicester.....

My Godson, Massimiliano Gustavo shall inherit all my fortunes including my mansions, companies and other estates aside from the ones given to my sisters.... But massimillano Gustavo shall only inherit all these under one condition.... that he, Massimilliano Gustavo agree to marry my daughter, Daniella Sanchez....... "

The last sentence was like a bomblast....to him, Daniella was just like a sister, nothing else and asking him to marry her was outrageous. He looked up, Daniella was staring at him, smiling..... trying to tell him to that affectionate smile that she approved her father's wishes..... And he smiled too but his was a sort of a lying smile.

KANO, NIGERIA.

Kano city.... somewhere in the northern part of Nigeria was a beautiful city, the second biggest city in the country popularly known as the center of commerce .Somewhere in this commercial city, was Basma sadiq.. Twenty years old who graduated from high school with an exceptional result and consequently got a scholarship to study abroad..... Leicester, England.

It was not only a day of celebration but also a day sorrow..... Sorrow because Basma was going to be separated from her parents.... THE BEST PARENTS IN THE WORLD, she had always thought to herself.... Despite the fact that her parents were not rich, they had always supported her with their little resources to ensure she got the best education. She was grateful to Allah for giving her such amazing parents... Her Parents were not like Amina's parents.. she thought to herself.... Ah! poor Amina, her friend, they were like sisters with the same desire to go to school... to achieve great things in life, but Amina's parents were not as civilized as her parents... They forced their only daughter out of school, to them, female education was a waste of time and resources and instead of sending Amina to school, they sent her hawking on the street.... selling groundnuts.... And for what? to save money for her wedding. And so, one fateful day, while selling her groundnut, Amina was lured by some scumbags to an uncomplicated building where she was raped... the next day, Her dead body was found.

Basma sadiq almost cry at the thought of her friend.. it was a tragic ending for Amina.... she thought to herself....but then, she was already at the airport ....it was the time to say the final goodbye to her parents... She was leaving her city, her country to another city, another country.

welcome to Leicester, England.

To be continued.........
Re: AN ABERRATION ....A Short Story By Lukman Jibrin. by Teco2(m): 8:25pm On Sep 06, 2017
who is following?
Re: AN ABERRATION ....A Short Story By Lukman Jibrin. by Teco2(m): 5:44pm On Sep 11, 2017
hail
Re: AN ABERRATION ....A Short Story By Lukman Jibrin. by Sukakma(m): 11:39pm On Sep 11, 2017
I'm following..please update..da alamun labarin zai kawo light.. grin
Re: AN ABERRATION ....A Short Story By Lukman Jibrin. by moseph(f): 6:04pm On Sep 12, 2017
I am following, pls continue

(1) (Reply)

Fame - Royan's Journey To Stardom / An Ode To 150CEFA By Godwin Henry Osaigbovo Pa Shakespeare / Skilled And Experienced Writer Urgently Needed!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.