Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) (61163 Views)

Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos / Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It / Man Buys Smoked Fish Stuffed With Cartons In Lagos (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by koolcat: 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2017
nextstep:

Abi oh. The time to ask "what kind of fish is this"? is when you see it in the market, not when you get home with it.
bros u can imagine
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by Royalfurnitures: 4:56pm On Sep 06, 2017
Why did she buy it since she doesn"t know it"s name

Please check out my signature for quality and durable furniture
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by koolcat: 4:56pm On Sep 06, 2017
migeoart:
let's just assume the fish transformed!
babe u can imagine
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 06, 2017
boman2014:

dem dey chop this kind?

What was going through your mind when you bought it?
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by deluckiesta: 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2017
na parachana obscura(snakehead) b dis.e get bone plenty,but dey make sense when u smoke amwink,i remember when we go carry carry dis fish thinkin it will make sense pass catfishsad
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by Prestige16(m): 5:19pm On Sep 06, 2017
sgtponzihater1:
Dem don Disarm Nwaamaikpe, I wonder how long the guys ban will be. Never outshine ur master, he was becoming d most popular man on Nairaland, even beyond the mods.
Haha, wetin the guy do wey dem disarm am
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2017
RSVP:
D last time i chop dis kind semi snake fish. grin
Inglorious bastards that's landa and Emmanuelle
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by refreshrate: 5:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
koolcat:
let's be frank here, does this really make any sense? u went to buy fish from ur usual seller, u were given an unusual fish then u dipped hand into ur purse and paid only to get home and start wondering what kind of fish the seller sold to u......MY FRIEND SHOVE IT UP UR ASS.!!!

As she heard Nigeria is now out of recession na. It's to be doing anyhow that's next.

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:30pm On Sep 06, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

I have some kinda belief he could be a celebrity hiding under that moniker, because whenever news regarding a celeb host frontpage, he was quick to comment about the persons past and say stuff that majority of nairalanders never knew about.

Very true
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by buffalowings: 5:31pm On Sep 06, 2017
bedford101:
This fish is called mollick found in the palm grove region
No wiki article
Nothing found

On google only one pic with a semblance
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by joenor(m): 5:36pm On Sep 06, 2017
There are different type of this fish, it might be mud fish, good for fresh fish stew or watery egusi soup with plenty pepper n onion. cheesy
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by Egghead4real: 5:46pm On Sep 06, 2017
What enters the mouth does not defile, but learn to eat right ...
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by Mbediogu(m): 5:52pm On Sep 06, 2017
boman2014:
A Nigerian lady identified as Opeyemi AanuOluwaseyi Bello has cried out after buying an unidentified fish from a seller she has known for a long time. Accordingto her, the seller has new species of fishes and her curiosity in trying something different led her to buying one.

The lady described the head of the fish as being snake-like even though it has scales all over the body. The attendant she met at the shop could not help with the identification of the fish either and this made her even more curious.

In a bid to find out the name of the fish and the family it belongs to, the user posted pictures if it on her Facebook page while imploring people who might have seen the fish before to help her with the name.

The unidentified fish bought by the poor woman. Source: Facebook, Opeyemi AanuOluwaseyi Bello.

Not knowing the name of the fish in addition to its features have made her scared of eating it as she said she does not know what to do with it. Pending the time she finds out the name and what kind of fish it is, the poor woman resorted to putting it in the freezer.

Lady shares photos of the fish she bought. Source: Facebook, Opeyemi AanuOluwaseyi Bello.

So I visited my regular grocery store some days ago and found out they have a new breed of fish.

Felt like trying out something new and bought.

But the fish has the head that looks like that of a snake....But it's a scaly fish Sha. Omo...the head is scary fa and I don't even know the name of the fish sef. (The shop attendant doesn't know too)

Biko, who knows the name? And I don't know what to do with the fish...(scary tin)

.The dudes are chilling in the freezer till now

Epp me o

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214643631873811&id=1513227560&refid=17&ref=opera_speed_dial_freefb&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10214643631873811%3Atl_objid.10214643631873811%3Athid.1513227560%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1506841199%3A-3767309162699061128&__tn__=%2AW-R

The name is Eja, Azu, kirfi, Iyak or simply fish. Wait o o. Are you that greedy? To buy what you don't know just because of propaganda that recession has ended? YOU MUST CHOP IT OR I DRAG YOU TO TRIBUNAL.
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by brojoshua: 5:54pm On Sep 06, 2017
Jokingly, she should cook it and give to me, after I have eaten it, I am sure I will know the name of the fish and then will tell her its name
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by muller101(m): 5:55pm On Sep 06, 2017
She for tell us say she no fit prepare the fish for consumption. Agbaya
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by dbar: 6:19pm On Sep 06, 2017
This one should be called python fish. See the eyes. grin grin grin
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by Daewoobadmus(m): 6:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
bedford101:
This fish is called mollick found in the palm grove region

The fish is known as Hepsetus odoe- Snake head fish... Google it
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by koolcat: 6:24pm On Sep 06, 2017
refreshrate:

As she heard Nigeria is now out of recession na. It's to be doing anyhow that's next.
d tin over weak me jare
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by RSVP: 6:37pm On Sep 06, 2017
iNewton:

Inglorious bastards that's landa and Emmanuelle

Yeah that's right.
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by Sanchez01: 6:55pm On Sep 06, 2017
jfolorun:
The name in yoruba na eja aro. Very good with efo riro and eba. grin
Ẹja arò is Catfish. The fish there is a snake head fish, popularly called Òkódó by Yorubas. It is a common swamp water fish.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by Sanchez01: 7:00pm On Sep 06, 2017
tulus:
I don't know d English name sha,but na oworho we dey call am for Urhobo.mama's banger soup calling me.
Very correct. You sure know fishes and the Urhobo delicacies.
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by mechanics(m): 7:05pm On Sep 06, 2017
she should have bought the one she knows na.
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by osazsky(m): 7:05pm On Sep 06, 2017
I hope this is not fugu fish . a small part of it can kill up to 1000 men, the most poisonous animal in d world.though it sperm is edible . and d Chinese pay good money just to eat d sperm cos its medicinal
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by Daewoobadmus(m): 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2017
Sanchez01:

Ẹja arò is Catfish. The fish there is a snake head fish, popularly called Òkódó by Yorubas. It is a common swamp water fish.
Very correct... Hepsetus odor is the scientific name
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by JOSSYTEM(f): 7:37pm On Sep 06, 2017
Ademoore07:

This is not sobolege. It is called ukodo

Guy...... I don't think so ooo. I'm an ikale man. The last time I saw and tasted that fish was in the year 1999. I thought it had been banned due to its bonny nature. We call it "sobolege" in those days. grin Every sweet and oily when smoked.
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by Elbowroom: 7:51pm On Sep 06, 2017
The fish head look like Nnamdi kanu head
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by Carter4luv(m): 7:53pm On Sep 06, 2017
Cobra fish
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 06, 2017
boman2014:
A Nigerian lady identified as Opeyemi AanuOluwaseyi Bello has cried out after buying an unidentified fish from a seller she has known for a long time. Accordingto her, the seller has new species of fishes and her curiosity in trying something different led her to buying one.

The lady described the head of the fish as being snake-like even though it has scales all over the body. The attendant she met at the shop could not help with the identification of the fish either and this made her even more curious.

In a bid to find out the name of the fish and the family it belongs to, the user posted pictures if it on her Facebook page while imploring people who might have seen the fish before to help her with the name.

The unidentified fish bought by the poor woman. Source: Facebook, Opeyemi AanuOluwaseyi Bello.

Not knowing the name of the fish in addition to its features have made her scared of eating it as she said she does not know what to do with it. Pending the time she finds out the name and what kind of fish it is, the poor woman resorted to putting it in the freezer.

Lady shares photos of the fish she bought. Source: Facebook, Opeyemi AanuOluwaseyi Bello.

So I visited my regular grocery store some days ago and found out they have a new breed of fish.

Felt like trying out something new and bought.

But the fish has the head that looks like that of a snake....But it's a scaly fish Sha. Omo...the head is scary fa and I don't even know the name of the fish sef. (The shop attendant doesn't know too)

Biko, who knows the name? And I don't know what to do with the fish...(scary tin)

.The dudes are chilling in the freezer till now

Epp me o

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214643631873811&id=1513227560&refid=17&ref=opera_speed_dial_freefb&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10214643631873811%3Atl_objid.10214643631873811%3Athid.1513227560%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1506841199%3A-3767309162699061128&__tn__=%2AW-R

was the lady ²stupid² wen she bought the fish
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by Lovintus2(m): 8:31pm On Sep 06, 2017
Madam fish na fish.

In other news: Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for my comedy skits. #Lovintus Entertainment
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by Ademoore07(m): 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2017
[quote author=JOSSYTEM post=60199322][/quote]

Lol...... Ukodo doesn't have scale ooooo. Ask any Ilaje man grin grin
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by preciousaang(m): 8:57pm On Sep 06, 2017
The Fish Is Called "An Eel"
Re: Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) by VajanahDischaj(f): 9:01pm On Sep 06, 2017
bedford101:
chop am, chop the bone chop the skeleton...but be careful it is very bony
ona de chop ooh LoL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of A Guy Eating Snake Meat Sparks Outrage Online / What To Do With Your Overripe Plantain / Iced Water Makes A Comeback As Price Of Sachet Water Skyrockets (pic, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.