Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,659 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! (1205 Views)

Mom Of 5 Dies After Falling Off Party Bus While Celebrating Her 30th Birthday / 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage / Brother & Sister Recreate Childhood Photos For Their Parents’ 30th Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by whiteroses(f): 1:39pm On Sep 06, 2017
https://www.change.org/u/me

Ok so there are no Yoruba at all at the MBGN 2017 30th anniversary . There's a petition against this promotion of hate! Please sign so that this BS would reach their boss at Silver bird. Ben Murray Bruce .
The petition described their act as derogatory to the Yoruba people of Nigeria .

1 Like

Re: Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by whiteroses(f): 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2017
Sign the petition guys it only takes a minute
Re: Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by whiteroses(f): 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2017
Wow

Re: Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by madridguy(m): 1:49pm On Sep 06, 2017
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by ifyalways(f): 2:02pm On Sep 06, 2017
FYI, Ms Lagos, Ondo and Oyo are not Igbos.

Could it be that Yoruba ladies didn't apply or perhaps couldn't qualify undecided

It's only in Nigeria though that you have non natives representing a state in a competition. Maybe the rules says anyone can represent any state or something. Dunno. Goodluck on your agitation.

5 Likes

Re: Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by waternogetemeny: 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2017
ifyalways:

Could it be that Yoruba ladies didn't apply or perhaps couldn't qualify undecided

It's only in Nigeria though that you have non natives representing a state in a competition. Maybe the rules says anyone can represent any state or something. Dunno. Goodluck on your agitation.

Wen u think ur women are ugly, forgeting dey look just like u.

An apple never falls far from a tree. This is wat happens.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by chuckdee4(m): 3:04pm On Sep 06, 2017
What if these ladies grew up and live in the respective states they are representing?
It would be wrong to exclude them from contesting.
It can't be alright to collect tax and milk the benefits from non-indigenes then turn around and stop them from contesting in a state they call home.

Now this may not be the case for all the ladies above but it would be nice if you did some research before starting such a petition.
Finally, the fact that these ladies are all Igbos, falls in line with the fact that Igbos live virtually everywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by whiteroses(f): 3:42pm On Sep 06, 2017
^^ Movement by @HauteEbonyChic on Instagram
Re: Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by NoToPile: 3:58pm On Sep 06, 2017
So ?

What if they didn't apply? Non natives have always represented some S/w states in these kind of contest. Besides Yoruba's have participated well in the past and even won so what's the big deal.

Federal character in a competition again?

1 Like

Re: Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by Pusyiter(m): 4:14pm On Sep 06, 2017
Mshewwwww tell your sister to contest now omo yoruba. Only in 9ja we dey see things like this. In fact, I waka pass

1 Like

Re: Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 06, 2017
This is MBGN.
The one organised by Ben Bruce _ what's his corporate name again?

It's different from Miss Nigeria.
I believe Miss Nigeria has competition at state level before proceeding to finals. MBGN doesn't seem to operate same way.

1 Like

Re: Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2017
the question for me is what exactly is the criteria required to represent a state?

in the us, to qualify as a native of a state you have to have lived there for at least 10 years if i recall.

are these natives actual residents, or is it just some chicks doing whatever they can to get into the pageant and organisers playing along?

if this were a scholarship, or a grant, or bursary etal, would any of these beauty pageant indigenes qualify to apply?

it is kind of funny though, if ipob and co get their biafra, no more beauty pageant opportunities for a lot of ibo chicks.
Re: Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 06, 2017
Lol people are really bothered about that shi.t
Re: Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 06, 2017
ifyalways:

Coughs*** maybe the Yoruba ladies are dirty. That's why they didn't accept them cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by generationz(f): 11:03pm On Sep 06, 2017
oyb:
the question for me is what exactly is the criteria required to represent a state?

in the us, to qualify as a native of a state you have to have lived there for at least 10 years if i recall.

are these natives actual residents, or is it just some chicks doing whatever they can to get into the pageant and organisers playing along?

if this were a scholarship, or a grant, or bursary etal, would any of these beauty pageant indigenes qualify to apply?

it is kind of funny though, if ipob and co get their biafra, no more beauty pageant opportunities for a lot of ibo chicks.
No, girls are attached to States randomly eg I might be from imo state but be assigned to represent anambra.

All they have to do is learn as much about the culture of the state they are assigned to and showcase it on the d day
Re: Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by JaffyJoe(m): 11:33pm On Sep 06, 2017
Truly awkward to be honest. I don't need Ben Bruce to project the beauty of Yoruba ladies though, I see it everyday. So, f*** the organizers of this show.

1 Like

Re: Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by 1Sharon(f): 2:26am On Sep 07, 2017
Is this satire?
Re: Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by EmeeNaka: 4:22am On Sep 07, 2017
OP You're a tribalist.
Nobody will sign your nonsensical petition. MBGN has a criteria and non of it has anything to do with tribe.
Re: Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by sisisioge: 5:29am On Sep 07, 2017
Babes, if Miss Oyo is Igbo, Miss Ekiti Hausa and Miss Osun is Edo...it is simply because the Yoruba girls that showed up for the competition didn't quite cut it at the state level competition ni. Don't breed unnecessary agitation. Abi Osun go see fine Yoruba girls go choose Igbos to represent them? It is well.
Re: Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by lilytender: 8:16am On Sep 07, 2017
Igbo girls prostitute more than girls from other tribes, same way Igbo men traffic hard drugs and do armed robbery more than men from other tribes in the world. So, seeing only Igbo girls in bra and pant dancing on the stage and sleeping with their grandfathers' mates in the name of MBGN is not surprising. From time immemorial, Igbo girls have been representing all the Northern states and several Western states in the nude show.

1 Like

Re: Sign Petition Against MBGN 30th Anniversary Say No To Tribalism In Nigeria ! by Homeboiy: 11:32am On Sep 07, 2017
The simple truth is that Yoruba girls are ugly and dirty

The only fair ones there are as a result of bleaching cream

quote Me and thunder will fire you

(1) (Reply)

Family Of 22! Photo Of Nigerian Woman With Her Children And Grandchildren / George Floyd's Daughter: "My Daddy Changed The World" / My Wife Bought An Iphone 13 When I Am Struggling To Find Money To Pay Our Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.