Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:02 PM

Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja (25968 Views)

Banks Demand Central Bank Code For Accepting Old Naira Note Deposit / Bus Conductor Refused To Collect New Naira Note From Passenger (Video) / Videos From Zenith Bank's Aspire Music Festival Held Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by Wallade(m): 8:22am On Sep 08, 2017
When you walk into the bank to pay cash these days, you will notice the following:
The teller collects the cash from you
Count the cash with his fingers, Glory, Delarue or other counting machine
Deposit it into account specified by you

Note:
The tellers hardly use mercury light or counterfeit note detector machines.
It is indeed a failure of QA/QC system in the banking industry.

Suggestion:
If the counterfeit note detector machines are too expensive for the banks to deploy, mercury light bulbs and fluorescent tubes are quite cheap to deploy and compel your tellers to use it to check cash deposits always.
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 08, 2017
Nigeria cry
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by ajog1: 8:24am On Sep 08, 2017
diehard:
One of the ways to avoid this is to collect dispense receipt from the ATM when collecting money, so you can have proof that the ATM gave you money before you approach the bank for a change
When was the last time you got receipts from your last withdrawal?
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 08, 2017

1 Like

Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by ComradeShegs(m): 8:25am On Sep 08, 2017
Had same experience around late January. It happened at a Diamond bank ATM, jos branch. My own case is quite funny shar, “my mumu full leather dat day"... I was seeing d ATM dispensing d torn #1000 note o but bcuz I was in the happy euphoria of meeting a lost frnd at the queue, I ignored it...When I got home I started wondering y I didn't go into d bank to complain; funny enough d ATM is inside their compound. Thank God momsy generously swapped it with another. cheesy
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by dominique(f): 8:25am On Sep 08, 2017
Roseey0:

How do you know he is saying the truth?
Do you know the extent people go to commit fraud?

So fraudsters now go into banking halls to declare N1k fake to get replacement? It's only a very stupid fraudster that will do that. People that do fake currency know they go about it, definitely not going to banks to demand replacement. Are you saying that banks are not aware of the fake notes being dispensed from ATM of recent? What are they doing about it? Absolutely nothing because they want it to be the customers problem.
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 08, 2017
op you should have requested for them to pass the note under the blue light to really know if its fake or not
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by ComradeShegs(m): 8:29am On Sep 08, 2017
afemaiboy:
I once had a similar experience with Ecobank in Abuja. The ATM dispensed a fake 1k note and I went into the bank to complain. The rude lady wanted to embarrass me with silly questions. I got angry and was ready to create a scene. She handed me a genuine 1k note with her left hand and I collected with left.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by Larryfest(m): 8:30am On Sep 08, 2017
This sort of nonsense is been perpetuated by staffs of the bank in conjunction with some fraudsters outside, those fraudsters give the fake notes to the staffs to help them dispose it anyhow possible and this is how they share it to the public......
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by ComradeShegs(m): 8:33am On Sep 08, 2017
ComradeShegs:
Had same experience around late January. It happened at a Diamond bank ATM, jos branch. My own case was quite funny shar, “my mumu full leather dat day"... I was seeing d ATM dispensing d torn #1000 note o but bcuz I was in the happy euphoria of meeting a lost frnd at the queue, I ignored it...When I got home I started wondering y I didn't go into d bank to complain; funny enough d ATM is inside their compound. Thank God momsy generously swapped it with another. cheesy
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by Enisky: 8:34am On Sep 08, 2017
I got one from zenith also in Lagos (Abule ado).
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by DJInfluence: 8:35am On Sep 08, 2017
Na wah for dis country. Since they refused to own up, just pay the same money back to your account if possible. Then withdraw again.
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by nikz(f): 8:35am On Sep 08, 2017
This same zenith bank I withdrew cash over the counter, entered supermarket close by to buy something only for the attendant to say that one thousand naira inside is fake I was like waaaat? I just collected this cash from the bank! Banks and fraudulent activities are like 5 and 6 abeg.
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by Cuteogbus: 8:36am On Sep 08, 2017
See Around July 2016 I Went To The First Bank Branch At Okigwe In Imo State I Tried Withdrawing 5k But The Machine Told Me "Issuer Or Switch Inoperative" I Tried It Again Same Thing I Went To Other Banks Around That Area Namely Ecobank & Union Bank Atm To Try It But Same Story, I Never Knew That While It Was Telling Me That Error Message It Was Debiting Me. When I Noticed Was 3days Later, I Called Their Customer Care Rep On Phone Sent Them A Dm On Twitter & Even Sent Them An Email But They All Kept Insisting I Withdrew The Money & Later Asked Me To Go To Their Branch In Far Away Umuahia To Lay A Complainit I Went Their & The Lady On Desk Demanded Everything From Voters Card To The Penis Of An Ant, Down To The Blood Of A Pregnant Virgin Just To Frustrate Me. She Later Demanded My Atm Card Details But Unluckyly 4 Me It Has Been Consficated By A Zenith Bank Atm & She Told Me Their Is Nothing She Could Do Without That Atm Card Number So I Left, Na So My School Fees Money Take Go Oh. *sobs Uncontrollably*

3 Likes

Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by adeblow(m): 8:36am On Sep 08, 2017
Check my profile, I posted a similar case last week or so, but it was from a Skye bank in keffi. U just lucky u got yours to front page.
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by oluwaahmed: 8:37am On Sep 08, 2017
U will see a bank dat has 10 atms, but dey have only 1 sortin machine. An atm takes a maximum of 8m multiply by 10atms= 80M for d weeknd. Ow do u now expect one person or mayb 3 ple sortin 100m for d atm 2 notice fake? D bank is cuttin cost so ordinarily instead of havin like 4 or 5 sortin machines dat can detect fake dey hav 1 because of cost and den allow ITs & cash officer kill demselves wit sortin. My broda, sorry even if it were me, I wldnt accept ur fake note esp if u're oda banks customer. D replenishment of ur fake note will most likely come 4rm my own pocket. baba sorry oo

1 Like

Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by ComradeShegs(m): 8:37am On Sep 08, 2017
ComradeShegs:
Had same experience around late January. It happened at a Diamond bank ATM, jos branch. My own case was quite funny shar, “my mumu full leather dat day"... I was seeing d ATM dispensing d torn #1000 note o but bcuz I was in a euphoria of having met a childhood frnd at the queue, I ignored it...Reaching home I started wondering y I didn't go into d bank to complain o; n funny enough d ATM is inside their compound. Thank God momsy generously swapped it with another. cheesy
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by kizyalex10(m): 8:38am On Sep 08, 2017
U shouldn't have gone to bank self,it will make u fool urself the more.cos even if it's true,dey won't believe u,someone in d bank might have collected it,then to avoid shortage,squeezed it in as part of cash for atm,collaborating with d person in charge of atm,1k shouldn't take u such hassle,have been paid bad notes bfor,but luckily for me,it was during banking hour nd d security was dere,i went in nd complained nd it was changed.God will reward d person who did that in multiple fold according to his or her deeds.so don't worry.
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by Roseey0(f): 8:38am On Sep 08, 2017
dominique:

So fraudsters now go into banking halls to declare N1k fake to get replacement? It's only a very stupid fraudster that will do that. People that do fake currency know they go about it, definitely not going to banks to demand replacement. Are you saying that banks are not aware of the fake notes being dispensed from ATM of recent? What are they doing about it? Absolutely nothing because they want it to be the customers problem.
My dear
Organised crime full this country
And people are making billions from it.
If he sends out 50 1k fake notes to 50 bank branches in Lagos per day.
Atleast 1/2 will come back with real notes, because the bank believed their story and wouldn't want to spoil their image. They take the fake and give you a real one.
That's 25k in one day.
The cycle continues.
End of the month, he settles his boys
They keep rotating the deal.

The banks have seen enough of this crime. That's why they hardly listen when you complain.
They rather invest in sorting notes properly before loading. If the complain because too much then it's a staff thing. Someone is exchanging the notes.

Am just saying you shouldn't just declare something is true by hearsay. It could be true. It could be false.
I have seen somebody that wakes up everyday, going round the banks with this same ATM story until he met his final stop.
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by Ursino(f): 8:40am On Sep 08, 2017
The error could be from any source. I had a similar experience with my Bank (Access), sometime ago somewhere in V I.
I returned it next day and it was replaced without much ado. The branch manager kept on begging, and even called me later to apologise.

That's excellent customer service.

Sorry for your loss, Bro.
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 08, 2017
The only solution to your banks giving you a real note in exchange for the fake is to create a scene in the banking hall,they will sharperly attend to you!!! corruption is everywhere
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by bolaji3071(m): 8:49am On Sep 08, 2017
Roseey0:

How do you know he is saying the truth?
Do you know the extent people go to commit fraud?

Rubbish post!! Can't you see the complaints of other members on this thread.

Maybe you are even one of the cooperate criminals that do swap the original money with fake ones before loading them in the ATM.

1 Like

Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by Veetee(m): 8:52am On Sep 08, 2017
Sorry oh, maybe u didn't need d money so bad, the day I was 10k was debited from my uba account in school then. I went to the branch @ ugbowo(benin city). I couldn't get any reasonable explanation and all the bank staffs were turning me around. As a warri boy, I just climbed the counter and layed on it. Na de come dey beg me. The manager gave me my 10k from his own pocket...mtchwww
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by gonkin(m): 8:55am On Sep 08, 2017
No be today. Fake and damaged money.
I remember sometime in 2011 while i was schooling. Hunger dey fire me SERIOUSLY so i went to the bank close to my school UBA to withdraw the last eligible 1k from my account. Behold it was fake ooo, i immediately alerted the security guy by the door. Then he asked if im sure its fake. He looked at it and said its not fake. But i convinced him that the line that run through is not there and the material was thick. Then he said i should go inside(luckily tgis happened during working hours) i went to the attendant there. Even the idiot was asking if i withdraw the money from their machine. I said it was just now. He started using computer to check if it was their atm. I started flaring ooo. Before my anger tone gained alerting decibels. One of the attendants superior took the cash from me and gave me a fresh and sexy 1k note, i collected my cash and WAKA'D, i get luck.

Another occasion was GTBank. Man that was beyond repair. I first went to the nearest security officer and complained. He too wasn't happy cuz he said people have been complaining about the damaged notes. So i walked into the bank and changed the cash ooo. No story. I am good at making noise.

So God helps us in this fake country. If its other civilized nations, we could always sue.

1 Like

Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by bimbim75: 8:59am On Sep 08, 2017
mactoni91:
Goodday Nairalanders,
I have heard tales of customers being paid fake notes by ATMs but never believed it will someday happen to me.
To cut the story short, I travelled to Abuja for an Interview some days back which ended on tuesday.
Last night at 8:05pm, I went to Zenith bank's 3rd ATM at Dusten Alhaji to withdraw the last 1,000naira in my GTb account (Last four digits of my card 4713) only for me to notice this morning that the money was fake. I went back to the bank to report not quite long and was told by one modupe who obviously was incharge of cash that there was no way the Atm would pay me a fake currency(At a point she was rude to me).
She later directed me to their H.O.P who also stood his ground that there is nothing they can do and that I have to bear the loss.
Pls nairalanders, how do I get my money back because I am very convinced that the machine gave me the fake note as I do not have any cash on me before the withdrawal and after the withdrawal, I only had the same 1,000 naira on me.
I didn't buy anything that would make me think the money was swapped.
Below are the images of the fake currency
Let at least security be aware or take a photo at quene
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by bolaji3071(m): 9:00am On Sep 08, 2017
That was how gtbank stole my 2k.

After debiting my 2k even when the ATM didn't dispense the money. I went back to complain the next day only for the for the foolish customer care lady to start asking silly stupid questions!!!..

They are still with my 2k till today. Since 2013.

Money wey be say I hustle like elephants inside sun and rain just to see.. pesin sit down for inside AC steal am.
cooperate Criminals...
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by Funkybabee(f): 9:01am On Sep 08, 2017
So bank done join scammer people now..
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by bimbim75: 9:12am On Sep 08, 2017
Wallade:
When you walk into the bank to pay cash these days, you will notice the following:
The teller collects the cash from you
Count the cash with his fingers, Glory, Delarue or other counting machine
Deposit it into account specified by you

Note:
The tellers hardly use mercury light or counterfeit note detector machines.
It is indeed a failure of QA/QC system in the banking industry.

Suggestion:
If the counterfeit note detector machines are too expensive for the banks to deploy, mercury light bulbs and fluorescent tubes are quite cheap to deploy and compel your tellers to use it to check cash deposits always.
All because of the stress.How many of them are the bulk room these days?you hardly find 3.Many at times when I ho to thank only 1 or 2 staff is there to attend to long queen.
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by Bobnotrouble: 9:12am On Sep 08, 2017
Let them go through the cctv camera at least.
If your claim is confirmed, you must be paid back your money.
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by davillian(m): 9:17am On Sep 08, 2017
diehard:
One of the ways to avoid this is to collect dispense receipt from the ATM when collecting money, so you can have proof that the ATM gave you money before you approach the bank for a change
Most atm don't load that rcpt anymore
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by BioGreen: 9:22am On Sep 08, 2017
I had similar experience. I Withdrew 10k from GTBank ATM and went to fuel my car at the filling station. The fuel attendant spotted the fake 1000 note and told me it was fake which really surprised me as i just withdrew the cash from the ATM.

I went back & complain to the branch manager who verified the transaction and summoned the staff in charge of loading the ATM as he said customers have complained before on same issue. He apologies & replace the fake note.

I intuitively deduced that it's the bank staff in charge of loading the ATM that usually sandwich fake notes in between real notes to short change customers making withdrawals.

You should have complain directly to the manager instead of talking to the staff in charge of the ATM.
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by ojasweb(m): 9:27am On Sep 08, 2017
I was once paid with fake 1000 naira note at the counter, in Diamond bank, Badagry. I requested for the sum of 600,000 and they inserted fake 1000 naira note into the bundle. Fortunately for me, I didn't use all the money and their stamp was still in one of the bundles that I went back to deposit. So the cashier (not the one who paid me) spotted the fake note and asked where I got it. Knowing that I haven't tear the stamp, he couldn't argue with me, so he just completed my transaction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

$9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos / Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire / Court To Restrain GTB From Deregistering As A LLC To Avoid ₦32 Billion Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.