Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,274 members, 7,780,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:41 PM

Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja (25969 Views)

Banks Demand Central Bank Code For Accepting Old Naira Note Deposit / Bus Conductor Refused To Collect New Naira Note From Passenger (Video) / Videos From Zenith Bank's Aspire Music Festival Held Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by gabolak(m): 12:29pm On Sep 08, 2017
beamtopola:
The op was paid by gtb or first bank to rubbish zenith bank. there is no time you can be given a fake note in such standard bank. the op is a liar.
but all thanks to nairaland, the community of fake news.
what is this One saying?
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by Pidginwhisper: 12:31pm On Sep 08, 2017
Abduletudaye:

For real? cheesy
aswear down grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by DelNifty(m): 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2017
gift01:
Wema ATM in Futa is a big joke. More like try your luck. I runaway from Wema ATM in general unless there's no option. One debited my ecobank account 20k and it took 2 months. Even when the money came in, no alert whatsoever. Was just checking account balance and saw it.
Good you got yours back, they never returned my money till date had to just abandon the account. Hate Wema bank since then
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by gabolak(m): 12:56pm On Sep 08, 2017
[quote author=davidtbom post=60244226]It may not be fake... The ATMs are not configured to pay fake notes, but they are conditioned to detect fake notes....

U better stop that. this ur balderdash was the same excuse that was given to me when I experienced a similar treatment from stanbic.
u are saying this may be because u a banker or because it hasn't happened to u.
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by Gentlevin: 1:12pm On Sep 08, 2017
I have not received fake notes from ATM before. But to count money u received from ATM used to look funny but its like counting it after receiving much money will be better oo
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by robbase: 1:21pm On Sep 08, 2017
Go back to the bank, then tell them you want to close your account; and they'll refund you.
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by MOORCHMOORE(m): 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2017
It happened to my sister and I at Union Bank Enugu, but not ATM.
How we noticed was that we got to First bank to deposit the cash. Thats when the cashier showed us the rubbish.
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by Jamesbiodun(m): 1:53pm On Sep 08, 2017
I ve also withdraw fake 1000 naira note at access bank in sango around february but mine was on sunday, and i cant report to d bank... I think its the official that load d money that do that stuff
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by salford1: 2:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
Fake country. I withdrew 100k from fidelity bank to deposit in Zenith. In my presence, the cashier at zenith pulled out a fake 1k note from the bundle of 100k.
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by VitaminB12(m): 2:50pm On Sep 08, 2017
Naijaphobia:
Lol!!!Anyway, was only talking from experience sha!Better to end up as a barber than a banker.

And I decoded out of experience too when you mentioned ATM cash cassettes. It takes someone who have seen and handled it to know the name and its cash holding capacity. smiley
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by adexbols: 3:39pm On Sep 08, 2017
If only the fake note can be re-inserted to the ATM to confirm if it will dispense it or not.

WINCOR ATM manufacturer claims that their machines cant dispense fake notes but I am not sure of other vendors.
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by nextstep(m): 4:00pm On Sep 08, 2017
Deposit it at that same branch. Sadly I'm sure they will say it's fake but it's not their fault. Whoever initiall accepted that fake 1000 is covering their own ass at your expense. Sorry
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by kmaxx(m): 4:47pm On Sep 08, 2017
That was how one dude still standing in the queue while I made use of the ATM started saying: bros, haba u dey count money wey ATM give u? E nofit make mistake na.

...and I was like, hey bloke, chill, I go count am even check for fakes. U neva xperince ATM case.

There was this day I wanted withdrawing 40k. (20k by 2).
When I inserted card after the necessary procedures/command card came out instead of cash. I pushed back the card and re-entered command, I received 40k cash but got a debit of 60k instead. (20k by 3).
Though a reversal was later made after complaints.

Bottomline: ATMs too can screw up!
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by Loxide: 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2017
The banks do this intentionally. I had a similar experience, severally, but the crescendo was when I withdrew 10k in 1000 denominations from an Access bank ATM, only to find out one of the notes was actually half of the 1000 note. I discovered it late, after I had traveled. I wrote the head office, but was asked to go back to the bank and complain. I had traveled from owerri to Ibadan. Nothing came out of it. I still have the note with me. Corporate mischief!

Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by bkool7(m): 8:40pm On Sep 08, 2017
brightalo17:
How on earth can one be observant while ATM is dispensing the cash?So if you observed the fake note you'll forced it into the ATM dispensing machine or what?

If u noticed it there you can lodge your complain immediately while there are wtnesses. Not after getting home.
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by 2mercy: 10:41pm On Sep 08, 2017
mactoni91:

This happened last night and there was no way I would have detected it ontime.
I was about buying something when I noticed the money looked strange.
I really felt embarrassed as everyone in the banking hall thought I fabricated the story even when I know I was telling the truth

don't really know what is happening with the banking system...a man came to complain today at Union bank... he was paid with fake #500.so embarrassing.. the cashier told him he's met to check the note before leaving banking hall. How will I ever think that banks can pay with fake note.oga oo
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by kamikazzi(m): 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2017
Op send your account details for a refund.
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by mactoni91(m): 7:02am On Sep 09, 2017
Bobnotrouble:
Let them go through the cctv camera at least.
If your claim is confirmed, you must be paid back your money.
The HOP took my card to confirm the transaction

1 Like

Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by mactoni91(m): 7:07am On Sep 09, 2017
beamtopola:
The op was paid by gtb or first bank to rubbish zenith bank. there is no time you can be given a fake note in such standard bank. the op is a liar.
but all thanks to nairaland, the community of fake news.
I'm very sure you work in that branch...
here is a snapshot of the mail I recieved from Gtbank pertaining the fake currency after I mailed them too.
GTB told me via the mail to sort it out with the bank.

Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by sfinkzslot(m): 9:15am On Sep 09, 2017
sfinkzslot:
na CBN be that o, just go their office for Garki complain, u may even c person their wey go dash u 1k + your tp for all the trouble
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by Dollabiz: 9:39am On Sep 09, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by edgeofglory: 11:04am On Sep 09, 2017
mactoni91:

So they said but I know there was an error somewhere from them...
either human error or computer error.
It's really painful knowing I'm paying for a bank's error.
I intend closing the account I operate with them as soon as I get back to Lagos
I can relate with you. It has happened to me too.
Re: Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:16pm On Sep 11, 2017
kamikazzi:
Op send your account details for a refund.
have you refunded him yet?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

$9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos / Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire / Court To Restrain GTB From Deregistering As A LLC To Avoid ₦32 Billion Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.