Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But (3979 Views)

ABA The Dirtiest City In West Africa / Nnewi Top The Dirtiest City In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by babapupa: 10:41pm On Feb 24, 2010
I no see dirty for ground,

Eko o ni baje o,
Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by Gekko(m): 10:50pm On Feb 24, 2010
you need to tell a balanced story friend, if you are so proud of lagos, own the good and bad

Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by babapupa: 10:53pm On Feb 24, 2010
^^^^^

You obviously don't know the meaning of city,

The joke is on you my friend,
Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by gbengapro: 5:48pm On Feb 25, 2010
Thank you Gekko for being objective.

The poster-Baba pupa is Fashola's paid agent. To him, Lagos is already El Dorado. He has never seen the inside of Ajegunle, Amukoko, Ijora Badia, Agege, Makoko, etc. The dirty and slummy areas in Lagos Island, Alimosho, Ojo, Badagry, Alagbado etc.

Lagos still has a long way to go. It was just recently named the 5th worst city in the world while its Governor is busing inflating contracts and looting the treasury
Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by otawa: 5:50pm On Feb 25, 2010
The poster-Baba pupa is Fashola's paid agent. To him, Lagos is already El Dorado. He has never seen the inside of Ajegunle, Amukoko, Ijora Badia, Agege, Makoko, etc. The dirty and slummy areas in Lagos Island, Alimosho, Ojo, Badagry, Alagbado etc.

Gbosa! Gbosa!!
Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by oderemo(m): 6:04pm On Feb 25, 2010
as a Yoruba man, babapupa at times embarrass me.
Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by babapupa: 6:25pm On Feb 25, 2010
ode remo:

as a Yoruba man, babapupa at times embarrass me.

Obviously, I'm not here to dance to your expectations or have you dance to mine. It's a free world.

It's not y fault that grown folks do not know the meaning of city, they think Lagos state means Lagos city.

There is Lagos state and Lagos city. We have Lagos city council and Lagos City Hall for a reason.

Too bad I have to go trough this with folks with little or zero knowledge about Lagos state.

Be embarrassed at yourself, not me.
Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by babapupa: 6:40pm On Feb 25, 2010
gbengapro:

Thank you Gekko for being objective.

Lagos still has a long way to go. It was just recently named the 5th worst city in the world while its Governor is busing inflating contracts and looting the treasury

You attain objectivity the minute you figure out the difference between Lagos city and Lagos state. Ajegunle is a city by itself and the rest of the places you mentioned are not Lagos city.

Knowledge is power, seek it first before trying to correct or argue with other people. Don't blame me for your own ignorance.

So, the governor looted too? that's a new one, you learn new stuff on NL everyday.

Na you biko,
Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by oderemo(m): 6:41pm On Feb 25, 2010
Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But

@ babapupa, you started this thread, your posted pictures; without any further illustrations will be meaningless to any  persons not familiar with Lagos as a city or state , bearing in mind this is the www.
how come you developed goose pimples when @gekko posted his/her pictures same way you displayed yours.
are we all supposed to be colour blind?
Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by Fhemmmy: 6:42pm On Feb 25, 2010
This will be one of the best and funniest thread . . . .eyes are watching
Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by babapupa: 7:13pm On Feb 25, 2010
ode remo:

@ babapupa, you started this thread, your posted pictures; without any further illustrations will be meaningless to any  persons not familiar with Lagos as a city or state , bearing in mind this is the www.
how come you developed goose pimples when @gekko posted his/her pictures same way you displayed yours.
are we all supposed to be colour blind?

I posted pictures of Lagos city and he posted pictures of places outside Lagos city. Obviously, he misunderstood my post and was trying to counterbalance what I posted so, I simply let him know the difference between the 2.

It's OK to challenge my post based on what I claimed, not what I did not claim because I didn't say anything about other cities in Lagos state, I said Lagos city.

People just need to read and understand before going for their keyboards.

And if I might add, loving and being proud of your state is not a crime and it doesn't mean you are an apologist or a paid agent. It's nothing but pride and sense of belonging good or bad. I wish other folks have the same level of love and admiration for their different states, towns and villages. Part of our problem in Nigeria is the fact that a lot of us are very cynical about other people and fail to muster the same level of energy used in criticizing other people to do same back in our respective states. We spend too much time worrying about other people when in fact our is not any better.

Lagos is by far not a perfect state, but good or bad, it's still my state and I love it for what it is.
Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 25, 2010
oya biafrans come scatter thread
Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by MandingoII(m): 8:27pm On Feb 25, 2010
do the sun ever shine in Lagos?
Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by bawomolo(m): 8:34pm On Feb 25, 2010
babapupa:
^^^^^
You obviously don't know the meaning of city,

you obviously don't know the definition of metropolitan area either.
your man crush on fash is amusing though
Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by Gekko(m): 9:15pm On Feb 25, 2010
babapupa:

I posted pictures of Lagos city and he posted pictures of places outside Lagos city. Obviously, he misunderstood my post and was trying to counterbalance what I posted so, I simply let him know the difference between the 2.

It's OK to challenge my post based on what I claimed, not what I did not claim because I didn't say anything about other cities in Lagos state, I said Lagos city.

People just need to read and understand before going for their keyboards.

And if I might add, loving and being proud of your state is not a crime and it doesn't mean you are an apologist or a paid agent. It's nothing but pride and sense of belonging good or bad. I wish other folks have the same level of love and admiration for their different states, towns and villages. Part of our problem in Nigeria is the fact that a lot of us are very cynical about other people and fail to muster the same level of energy used in criticizing other people to do same back in our respective states. We spend too much time worrying about other people when in fact our is not any better.

Lagos is by far not a perfect state, but good or bad, it's still my state and I love it for what it is.

correct me if i'm wrong but isnt Ajegunle, Mushin, Agege, and co all part of Metropolitan Lagos.
Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by sjeezy8: 9:39pm On Feb 25, 2010
Gekko:

correct me if i'm wrong but isnt Ajegunle, Mushin, Agege, and co all part of Metropolitan Lagos.

actually Lagos is a state and not a city so, Ajegunle, Mushin, Agege, cant be part of a Metropolitan.
Lagos city differs from Lagos states parts Ajegunle, Mushin, Agege and co . . .
Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by redsun(m): 9:50pm On Feb 25, 2010
bawomolo:

That guy could be Fash's press secretary.I don/t know what will make them realize that we don't have cities in nigeria,all we have are mega slums,even abuja is on its way to ruins.

People taht can't reason can't organize cities.
Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by Gekko(m): 9:52pm On Feb 25, 2010
sjeezy8:

actually Lagos is a state and not a city so, Ajegunle, Mushin, Agege, cant be part of a Metropolitan.
Lagos city differs from Lagos states parts Ajegunle, Mushin, Agege and co . . .

I am aware Lagos is a state, however i stand corrected. so where exactly in Lagos state is considered Lagos city?
Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by redsun(m): 10:08pm On Feb 25, 2010
For lagos to be a city all those hell holes like orile igamu,keto,ajegunle,oshodi,bariga,ikotu,agege,agbado-ijayr,iju.ejigboikotu,mile 12,name dem must updated to basic human habitational standard.
Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by Beaf: 10:13pm On Feb 25, 2010
So babapupa's ashiri has finally opened in public? grin grin grin grin grin grin
. . .Grand bu'ttlicker.
Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by ziga: 2:01am On Feb 26, 2010
oyb:

oya biafrans come scatter thread

I can't understand this kind of mentality with some Nigerians

If its not yours, do you have to scatter it?

I'm trying to believe you are NOT a kid!!!
Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by babapupa: 4:24am On Feb 26, 2010
bawomolo:

What do you know about Lagos state?

Lagos City has nothing to do with anything beyond the 3 bridges. The city of Lagos is located on the Island and it's HQ is the Lagos City hall and it's been that way since the colonial era.

Each local government in Lagos state is a city with their own individual chairmen or Mayors.

Shed your Ignorance, Lagos city is not Lagos state, it's a city within Lagos state and it's on the Island, not mainland.

This is the seat of government in the city of Lagos and it's called Lagos city hall, not ajegunle city hall.

Re: Lagos In Indeed The Dirtiest City, But by oyinda3(f): 4:40am On Feb 26, 2010
yea fashola is doing good work (compared to his predecessors) but definitely more work needs to be done to improve the overall city. not just the CBD or city center.

(1) (Reply)

Senator Ita Giwa Caught In The Act (SEE PHOTOS) / Pastor Chris’ Daughter Rejects Him, Supports Mums On Divorce / The Man - Hakeem Akinola Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.