Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. (2358 Views)

I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me / Tax clearance: Visa Issues / Usa Tourist Visa Issues Arise (2) (3) (4)

Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by uniqued(f): 3:00am On Feb 25, 2010
I Really need advice regarding this issue. I was formally a student or still a student (have not yet withdrawn from university in UK) on student visa. But some months ago I left UK for USA while my UK student visa is still valid for two more years. I want to go to UK for a vacation and would want to knw if I can use my student visa to travel or not cos I av bin hearing from some people that I might ecounter difficulties passing through UK border force cos they would need to knw wat I am goin
To do der as I am no longer a student or rather am in the process of withdrawin from uni. I was also adviced by a friend to not withdraw from the university but rather tell them I want to take a break for a year before I continue my studies and use this to go pass immigration but I find this method quite cunning so decided to ask my nl folks. I knw all u guys are expert  travel consultants and would have ideas. Lol please I would appreciate it dearly if u guys advice me on what to do as soon as possible thanks.
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by troublenot: 4:01am On Feb 25, 2010
^^^u are one helluva confused individual.
and you say you are a what? student in the UK?
SMH
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by uniqued(f): 4:33am On Feb 25, 2010
Yes I knw confusing.Need a good advice. I have a student visa 4 uk transferred to a uni in USA and askin wheda I can use ma student visa for uk since it is still valid 2 travel.
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by dancewith: 6:56am On Feb 25, 2010
If you do not now have your verifiable student identity card of the US school showing you are now schooling in the US; this may include a US student visa on your passport, then the UK border agency staff may well refuse you entry

Better to apply for a visit visa first before travelling. But if you have your US student visa on your passport then they won't bother you at the UK point of entry
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by Hotstepper(f): 7:11am On Feb 25, 2010
why dont u just pick up a phone and call the British embassy in US and find out, they r in a better position to answer any
b/w, if u have transferred and skooling in the US now, why dont u just withdraw from the Uk Uni
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by justwise(m): 10:10am On Feb 25, 2010
uniqued:

I Really need advice regarding this issue. I was formally a student or still a student (have not yet withdrawn from university in UK) on student visa. But some months ago I left UK for USA while my UK student visa is still valid for two more years. I want to go to UK for a vacation and would want to knw if I can use my student visa to travel or not cos I av bin hearing from some people that I might ecounter difficulties passing through UK border force cos they would need to knw wat I am goinTo do der as I am no longer a student or rather am in the process of withdrawin from uni. I was also adviced by a friend to not withdraw from the university but rather tell them I want to take a break for a year before I continue my studies and use this to go pass immigration but I find this method quite cunning so decided to ask my nl folks. I knw all u guys are expert travel consultants and would have ideas. Lol please I would appreciate it dearly if u guys advice me on what to do as soon as possible thanks.
Its 50/50 situation here, chances are they will not even stop or ask any question at all, if they do tell them that u are coming to finalised ur transfer to USA and pick up ur stuff u left here. Do not tell them that u are taking a break cos foreign students are not allowed to do that.
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by segzeybaba(m): 1:02pm On Feb 25, 2010
Best bet is applying for a visiting visa, it should be straightforward since u in the states and presently studyin there.

Dont try coming on that student visa, as u can be bounced on arrival, and u dont want any negative marks on your pally.
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by Vicjustice: 1:36pm On Feb 25, 2010
uniqued:

I Really need advice regarding this issue. I was formally a student or still a student (have not yet withdrawn from university in UK) on student visa. But some months ago I left UK for USA while my UK student visa is still valid for two more years. I want to go to UK for a vacation and would want to knw if I can use my student visa to travel or not cos I av bin hearing from some people that I might ecounter difficulties passing through UK border force cos they would need to knw wat I am goin
To do der as I am no longer a student or rather am in the process of withdrawin from uni. I was also adviced by a friend to not withdraw from the university but rather tell them I want to take a break for a year before I continue my studies and use this to go pass immigration but I find this method quite cunning so decided to ask my nl folks. I knw all u guys are expert  travel consultants and would have ideas. Lol please I would appreciate it dearly if u guys advice me on what to do as soon as possible thanks.

Student visas are the most highly scruntinised visas, and the holders are the most suspected and questioned travellers by the UK boarder agents. The purpose of which your UK (student) visa was endorsed in your passport was for the intent of studying in the UK as explicitly stated in the terms and condition of the visa. By no way would you be allowed to enter into the country if you breached the condition of which the said visa was issued (such as; seizing to be a student in the UK). Therefore, you're required to obtain a visa suitable for the current purpose of which you are travelling to the UK otherwise, you risk being arrested for attempting to enter the country by applying deception.
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by joxiri: 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2010
regardless of what will happen when u travel i think its best u go to the uk embass in america have them cancel your student visa and apply for a visiting visa
i think this is ur safest option to safeguard against possible potential immigration sissue in the future
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by uniqued(f): 10:31pm On Feb 26, 2010
Thanks 4 d advice. I think the best bet would be to apply for a visiting visa but my fear nw is I would have to go through the process of the scrutinising askin for details sponsors and all mehn long thing and I dnt really knw anyone there that can sponsor me.Nawa most people I knw and am really close to are not citizens but hold visas. Can dey sponsor.
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by oyewolejos(m): 10:47pm On Feb 26, 2010
uniqued:

Thanks 4 d advice. I think the best bet would be to apply for a visiting visa but my fear nw is I would have to go through the process of the scrutinising askin for details sponsors and all mehn long thing and I dnt really knw anyone there that can sponsor me.[/b]Nawa most people I knw and am really close to are not citizens but hold visas. Can dey sponsor.

Guy, UK Visa in the USA is just like pure water.Go to their consulate in L.A here nobody is there. All u need is a letter from your School International Office that you are a student with them and u are enrolled with them and take the letter along with your I-20 to the embassy.If they ask for a sponsor tell them the person sponsoring your education in the USA is the one sponsoring you and take along a hotel reservation in UK with you. After 5 days your Visa is at your doorstep. All they need is whether u are a legal resident in the states. Since u are a legal resident they would definitely give u.
European visas are easy for [b]LEGAL USA RESIDENT

Go ahead and apply for it.If they even see your US Visa they would bow.
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by justwise(m): 11:15pm On Feb 26, 2010
oyewolejos:

Guy, UK Visa in the USA is just like pure water.Go to their consulate in L.A here nobody is there. All u need is a letter from your School International Office that you are a student with them and u are enrolled with them and take the letter along with your I-20 to the embassy.If they ask for a sponsor tell them the person sponsoring your education in the USA is the one sponsoring you and take along a hotel reservation in UK with you. After 5 days your Visa is at your doorstep. All they need is whether u are a legal resident in the states. Since u are a legal resident they would definitely give u.
European visas are easy for [b]LEGAL USA RESIDENT
[/b]
Just calm down!! He is a nigerian to start with, they are not going to give him uk visa cos he has USA visa on his Nigerian passport, he must  meet ALL visa requirements, letter from his school, bank statement, insurance and hotel reservation. Americans who got no serious reason to be in the UK are been deported from Heathrow airport let alone a Nigerian with USA student visa.
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by Vicjustice: 12:56am On Feb 27, 2010
oyewolejos:

European visas are easy for LEGAL USA RESIDENT
   Man, this is an invalid argument with claims of exaggerated importance. What do you know about Europe ports of entry? It seems you're not aware that US citizens (like other non-EU citizens) have to fill "landing cards" at UK airports, and they are subjected to immigration questions in order to be considered for entry qualification. Check the UK Border Force and see how many Americans are denied entry to the UK on daily occurrences. Besides, the terrorist, Umar Farouk who obtained a US visa with ease was denied a UK visa; also, if stars like Snoop Dogg and Boy George were refused UK and USA visas on two and three occasions respectively, i wonder why you imagine a UK visa like "pure water". Get your facts right.
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by oyewolejos(m): 2:29am On Feb 27, 2010
justwise:

[/b]
Just calm down!! He is a nigerian to start with, they are not going to give him uk visa cos he has USA visa on his Nigerian passport, he must meet ALL visa requirements, letter from his school, bank statement, insurance and hotel reservation. Americans who got no serious reason to be in the UK are been deported from Heathrow airport let alone a Nigerian with USA student visa.

I know you have been doing a great job on this forum by cracking down on scammers who have turned this forum to their market place.I really commend you on this and keep doing the good work.But i put it to u that UK visa is easy to get provided is intentions are genuine.Already he has a sponsor who is sponsoring him in the USA, so all he need is to provide a recent copy of the sponsor's bank statement and a letter from his school.People who has nothing doing in America are being granted UK visa everyday.I know of one illegal alien who recently got a UK visa so their is no big deal in UK visa for Americans. Most Americans don't have passport except they want to travel, they only have their birth certificates with them cos they would ask u which place is better than their own country.Some don't even know whether their is any country in the world except America.Go and ask the homeless they would tell u these.They don't even have intentions of leaving here.

Vicjustice:

Man, this is an invalid argument with claims of exaggerated importance. What do you know about Europe ports of entry? It seems you're not aware that US citizens (like other non-EU citizens) have to fill "landing cards" at UK airports, and they are subjected to immigration questions in order to be considered for entry qualification. Check the UK Border Force and see how many Americans are denied entry to the UK on daily occurrences. Besides, the terrorist, Umar Farouk who obtained a US visa with ease was denied a UK visa; also, if stars like Snoop Dogg and Boy George were refused UK visas on two and three occasions respectively, i wonder why you imagine a UK visa like "pure water". Get your facts right.
I know u are well travelled but Oga,Snopp Dogg wasn't refused Visa it was entry.Any country in the world can refuse anybody entry.Go to Libya and see how they are refusing europeans entry so no big deal about that.Even Nigeria can refuse people entry if they know it would be a risk to National security.EFCC deported the Most talked about Vaswani brothers.
I repeat UK visa is pure water for Americans.They don't need to sweat to get it.Am not talking about entry so don't arhue blindly.
U talked about Farouk but u know that Farouk was given a UK visa before he got his US visa in London.So far your Dad has a huge bank account then UK visa would be issued to u.Pay school fees and get Visa.
I rest my case
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by Vicjustice: 4:30am On Feb 27, 2010
oyewolejos:

I know u are well travelled but Oga,Snopp Dogg wasn't refused Visa it was entry.Any country in the world can refuse anybody entry.Go to Libya and see how they are refusing europeans entry so no big deal about that.Even Nigeria can refuse people entry if they know it would be a risk to National security.EFCC deported the Most talked about Vaswani brothers.
I repeat UK visa is pure water for Americans.They don't need to sweat to get it.Am not talking about entry so don't arhue blindly.
U talked about Farouk but u know that Farouk was given a UK visa before he got his US visa in London.So far your Dad has a huge bank account then UK visa would be issued to u.Pay school fees and get Visa.
I rest my case
Please, get your facts right before making conclussion. Read below and verify the link under:

SNOOP DOGG IS DENIED UK TOUR VISA 
 US rap star Snoop Dogg has been denied a visa to enter the UK on a European tour alongside fellow rapper P Diddy.
He was due to play in London on Tuesday, followed by Manchester, Glasgow, Cardiff and Nottingham.

The performer accepted a police caution last year after being arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and affray at Heathrow Airport.

His spokeswoman said he was "mystified" at the decision. Tuesday's London show will go ahead regardless, she added.

P Diddy will appear at the Wembley Arena show, she said.

"Snoop and his team are hoping the British government will reconsider this decision, especially as he has toured here before and sees the UK as being the highlight of the tour," the spokeswoman said.

"He has asked how he can help rectify the situation and would happily talk to and give assurances to officials."

The 35-year-old - whose real name is Calvin Broadus - was held overnight by police in Sweden earlier this month on suspicion of using drugs.

He is also currently facing weapons and drugs charges in the US stemming from three separate arrests in 2006.

Snoop Dogg came to prominence as part of the 1990s gangsta rap scene, scoring hits with What's My Name? and Gin and Juice.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office said it could not comment on individual cases. [/size]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6491317.stm
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by segzeybaba(m): 1:23pm On Feb 27, 2010
~@oyewolejos
You can say UK visa is a pure water for Americans, because most US passport holders dont need a visa to come here for visit in the 1st place, same goes to UK passport holder, US visa is a pure water for them too, US and UK have good relations but immigration rules still apply for both countries passport holders at the port of entry, thats why most americans likewise britons get turned away on entry because they dont meet the immigration rules of the host country.

Nigerians in the US with valid student visa can get UKvisiting visa with ease compare to Nigerians in Nigeria, but that dont mean its a pure water. Immigration rules apply to everyone, irrespective of where you applying, but third world countries find it hard to get.

So ease your talk, and use common sense.
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by johnkent(m): 7:39pm On Feb 27, 2010
Its alot easier for Legal US permanent residents to get a visit visa to the UK than it is for temporary legal residents like F-1 Students.
I think he has a good shot at getting a visit visa here in the states since he has a UK student visa in his passport and he never violated the terms of his student visa per what he had said.
You do not need a sponsor to get a visa. On the application form, if its asks you if u're going to visit family, just say NO cuz if you say yes, they'll ask for proof of legal resident/residence for those family members in the UK and thats a pain in the u know where.
Just put down that u're wanting to visit and that u'll make hotel reservations as soon as the visa is issued. Another thing u'll have to submit with ur application is a confirmed/reserved ticket. DO NOT PAY FOR THE TICKET. Call up and airline and just make a reservation.
Its a very simple process. Go online, fill out the forms, make the payment and then go do a fingerprint at the nearest USCIS office. After the fingerprint, u mail in ur supporting documents and passport to the embassy and u should get ur passport back in 2 wks depending on the time of the yr u applied.
I usually get mine in 2 wks but the one i applied for in December took 3 wks (maybe because of the underwear bomber) but anyways, i decided not to visit.
Goodluck
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by johnkent(m): 7:51pm On Feb 27, 2010
oyewolejos:

I know you have been doing a great job on this forum by cracking down on scammers who have turned this forum to their market place.I really commend you on this and keep doing the good work.But i put it to u that UK visa is easy to get provided is intentions are genuine.Already he has a sponsor who is sponsoring him in the USA, so all he need is to provide a recent copy of the sponsor's bank statement and a letter from his school.People who has nothing doing in America are being granted UK visa everyday.I know of one illegal alien who recently got a UK visa so their is no big deal in UK visa for Americans. Most Americans don't have passport except they want to travel, they only have their birth certificates with them cos they would ask u which place is better than their own country.Some don't even know whether their is any country in the world except America.Go and ask the homeless they would tell u these.They don't even have intentions of leaving here.

I rest my case

hey Mister, i would definitely have to disagree with ya. The UK embassy in the US WILL NOT issue a visa to an illegal alien in the US. Why do you think they ask for proof of legal residence in the US?? They dont want to give visit visas to folks who are illegal in the US because there's a very good chance that they'll violate the terms of their visit visa in the UK.(they wont leave)

if you dont know this, alot of Americans do require visa to visit the US especially if you have a felony record.
And yes, Snoop Dogg has been refused UK visa and Entry into the UK several times. If you have a felony record just like he does, u cannot fly under the visa waiver program. Martha Stewart was also refused a UK visa a few yrs back because of her felony record.
These are very rich folks but the embassy has the right to deny visa to anyone regardless of social status or wealth.
Do you know how many mega stars from Europe that has been denied US visa because of the past criminal records? ALOT. And they can't fly under the waiver program either.
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by uniqued(f): 8:47pm On Feb 27, 2010
@ john kent and evry1else. Thank u for ur advice.Really grateful. And i am female not male. Guess cos I never specified gender. Doesn't realli mata.I will appreciate more advice.
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by johnkent(m): 8:53pm On Feb 27, 2010
uniqued:

@ john kent and evry1else. Thank u for your advice.Really grateful. And i am female not male. Guess cos I never specified gender. Doesn't realli mata.I will appreciate more advice.
where in d states re ya?
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by uniqued(f): 10:31pm On Feb 27, 2010
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by johnkent(m): 11:29pm On Feb 27, 2010
uniqued:

9ja city.Lol Texas
Houston i guess
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by Vicjustice: 11:41pm On Feb 27, 2010
oyewolejos:

People who has nothing doing in America are being granted UK visa everyday.I know of one illegal alien who recently got a UK visa so their is no big deal in UK visa for Americans.

Really? grin cheesy grin
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by joxiri: 1:33am On Feb 28, 2010
@ poster it is much much easier to get a uk visiting visa as a student from yankee than it is for a nigerian student it is in uk to get a visiting visa to go to america
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by suxes2005(m): 9:56am On Feb 28, 2010
IMO, I fink u shud call d uk embasy in usa and ask talk
to them so that they will tell u wat to do.

If u av a gud record in UK den u shud be allowed to
travel with ur former visa, ( I am finkin dey'l ask u to get a visit visa)
and cancel ur former student visa,

Call dem 1st or mail dem and lets hear what they
will say

SHALOM
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by johnkent(m): 3:17pm On Feb 28, 2010
suxes2005:

IMO, I fink u shud call d uk embasy in usa and ask talk
to them so that they will tell u wat to do.

If u av a gud record in UK den u shud be allowed to
travel with your former visa, ( I am finkin dey'l ask u to get a visit visa)
and cancel your former student visa,

Call dem 1st or mail dem and lets hear what they
will say

SHALOM

nah, he cant travel on his UK student visa since his not a student anymore but a visitor. Just like u cant travel to the US on a visit visa when ur intention is to immigrate to d US cos u might be denied entry.
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by suxes2005(m): 3:50pm On Feb 28, 2010
johnkent:

nah, he cant travel on his UK student visa since his not a student anymore but a visitor. Just like u cant travel to the US on a visit visa when your intention is to immigrate to d US cos u might be denied entry.

Alright brooooo

No qualms

SHALOM
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by doctor126(m): 3:55pm On Mar 03, 2010
kindly visit www.travelabroadeasily.com for more explanation
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by justwise(m): 8:30pm On Mar 03, 2010
doctor126:

kindly visit www.travelabroadeasily.com for more explanation

Get lost and while you do that stick that worthless e-book in ur backside.
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by Vicjustice: 8:46pm On Mar 03, 2010
justwise:

Get lost and while you do that stick that worthless e-book in your backside.
   Honestly, i don't see anything wrong with the "e-book" nor with the intention to distribute them for profilt: the book was written by someone with the intention of distributing them for profit, so, it's up to anyone to either purchase it or leave it for those who will. This is my sincere opinion.
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by justwise(m): 9:33pm On Mar 03, 2010
Vicjustice:

Honestly, i don't see anything wrong with the "e-book" nor with the intention to distribute them for profilt: the book was written by someone with the intention of distributing them for profit, so, it's up to anyone to either purchase it or leave it for those who will. This is my sincere opinion.

I respect your opinion.
Re: Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. by funkybaby(f): 11:34am On Mar 05, 2010
johnkent:

Another thing u'll have to submit with your application is a confirmed/reserved ticket. DO NOT PAY FOR THE TICKET. Call up and airline and just make a reservation.

can you please give me the names of airlines that offer 'telephone booking' for flights without taking money off my card at the time of making the reservation? thanks

Nigerians Living In Brazil Please Help On How To Get A Visa To Brazil. / How Can I Do Travel Insurance / How Do I Get To Ikotun Egbe

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123