Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,774 members, 7,806,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM (23632 Views)

Elon Musk Hires New Female CEO For Twitter / Alleged Paternity Scandal: FCMB To Probe MD As People Demand His Sack / RMAFC, NIPOST Settle Dispute To Probe Banks Over Stamp Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:20pm On Sep 07, 2017
Igbos:

Na you fg suppose give that contract o

I've been blessed in the struggle, trust me. A pensioner prayed frantically for me for not losing his hard earned savings to GHWW. And we can't stop
Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by ponziponzi(m): 10:21pm On Sep 07, 2017
tellwisdom:
Hahaha...Senator of the FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF ZOO grin grin....Jokers everywhere

Histrionic personality disorder.......seek help
Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by HMZi: 10:24pm On Sep 07, 2017
riyanxeally:
this year I even advertised fr mmm callow minded mee was duped n wrong....mmm is dead buried n ppl shldnt bring up dead things...useless clueless govt
learnt the hard way uh?!

1 Like

Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by t12tosin: 10:30pm On Sep 07, 2017
I just got paid via MMM

Make una kill una selves

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by femo122: 10:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
Too bad
Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by ofuonyebi: 10:42pm On Sep 07, 2017
They are only trying to be smarter...

Let's them probe themselves first..

what about budget padding corruption allegation still hanging on their neck?

ooh, they thought we have all forgotten so soon as usual?...capital NO!

3 Likes

Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by nwasteve(m): 10:54pm On Sep 07, 2017
Hahaha, this government self
Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by emmamondy(m): 10:59pm On Sep 07, 2017
Nice plan,but coming too late after people's money is gone
Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by nnamdiosu(m): 11:03pm On Sep 07, 2017
Jokers...... grin
Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
jamex93:
if MMM is not real and helping the people

the government won't go after it

why is d government not going after all other schemes

why MMM?

Nigerians think!

I know what I have gain form MMM

MMM now gives 100% in 30days

with MMM I stand !

incase, just in case

Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:31pm On Sep 07, 2017
Mumu senate! Minimum wage is too poor. Bank percentage is too high! Focus on that baggars

1 Like

Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by fumiswtpusy(f): 12:06am On Sep 08, 2017
I pity for anyone still doing mmm.
I never thought I could say these,but all mmm are scam.
Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by joinnow: 12:14am On Sep 08, 2017
We can take it
They should set up committee first
Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by RexEmmyGee: 12:14am On Sep 08, 2017
Lol.
Let all the banks get ready to be probed then
Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by Nobody: 12:21am On Sep 08, 2017
This Bayelsa State bursary man no go chill bah?
Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 08, 2017
Anstalk:
Vice Chairman of the Senate Committee on Information and Communication Technology and Cybercrime, Senator Foster Ogola, on Thursday said the upper chamber of the National Assembly would probe deposit money banks used for transactions between Nigerians and a ponzi scheme, Mavrodi Mondial Movement.

Ogola, while speaking at an interactive session between the committee and key players in the financial sector, said an international expert on cyberspace and banking crimes was already in the country on the invitation by the committee to expose all those involved in how MMM defrauded Nigerians.

He said, “We need to secure our cyberspace and financial sector against all forms of crimes or frauds as seen with the MMM operators who came, in collaboration with insiders, and expressly entered into the banking system, duped and bolted out.

“We have to stop anything that will defraud us, and the first step now is to expose all the banks involved in the MMM fraud.

“As a chartered fraud examiner, when the scam called MMM ponzi scheme came with its 30 per cent interest in 30 days early last year, I told people then that it was a fraud but many refused to listen and some of them later learnt their lessons in bitter ways.”

The lawmaker also announced that the Senate would soon come up with a legislation that would make digital education compulsory in both primary and secondary schools.

Ogola explained that the interactive session was to gather the inputs of all the stakeholders to the amendments that would soon be carried out on the Cybercrime Act.

The Central Bank of Nigeria and the other banks at the session identified creation of a centralised database anchored on the National Identity Card scheme as the best way to prevent cybercrime in the country.

Source: http://anstalk.com/senate-hires-cyber-crime-expert-probes-banks-mmm/

Lalasticlala
who dey help MMM pays [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by supereagle(m): 12:49am On Sep 08, 2017
This people have forgotten their primary duties ooo. A lot of graduates are jobless, they are chasing shadows.

1 Like

Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:58am On Sep 08, 2017
supereagle:
This people have forgotten their primary duties ooo. A lot of graduates are jobless, there chasing shadows.

It's part of their duties. No advanced country encourages ponzi schemes.
Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by leofab(f): 1:41am On Sep 08, 2017
Yeye people
Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by sayisayi(m): 1:58am On Sep 08, 2017
419 meets 419 = more national cake chopped = 938 mumus
Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by vertueptime: 2:33am On Sep 08, 2017
cosby02:
Instead of wasting such amount of money on experts....just share among those who lost to MMM scheme.

Wire de touch for ya brain
Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by callydon(m): 2:51am On Sep 08, 2017
Senate set to expose banks used for MMM fraud
FULL DETAILS HERE:

http://www.fullgist.com.ng/2017/09/senate-set-to-expose-banks-used-for-mmm.html
Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by 5chrisade: 3:45am On Sep 08, 2017
MMM has come to stay. No weapon against it shall prosper. BRAVO MMM.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by NobleTallgee: 4:16am On Sep 08, 2017
Mmm for life. As long as the site is open. Mmm goes on. While some people ads busy crying over spilt milk. Other are busy making money and recovering their lost in Mmm. I still paid out last night in Mmm despite having over 2m stuck in the system and I keep paying out nothing will stop me. Mmm for life

4 Likes

Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by miniziter(m): 4:20am On Sep 08, 2017
sgtponzihater1:
Early this year I wrote a letter to the presidency and senate making these very suggestion. Thank God it's being taken seriously now, MMM is a scam and anyone promoting them is a scammer with no right to an attorney.

PonziHater.

You're busy writing the senate, am busy writing my letters of happiness.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by persius555(m): 6:02am On Sep 08, 2017
How is a ponzi scheme categorized as a cybercrime? The victims were conned into parting with money, promising very unusual interest monthly. Where is the electronic theft in this?
Most of the transactions were carried out without the banks knowledge. Banks were just a payment interface between the mmm clients.

Another cheap avenue to justify the waste of scarce public funds.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by femmy2010(m): 6:15am On Sep 08, 2017
cosby02:
Instead of wasting such amount of money on experts....just share among those who lost to MMM scheme.

MMM participant and senators equals to MUMU and Thieves.

1 Like

Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by Kaybaba5(m): 6:23am On Sep 08, 2017
Jobless senators....

Funds looters

Mtchew
Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by ehbellsho(m): 6:23am On Sep 08, 2017
Hmmmm! Later we wil hear dat d pple they hire are corrupt too n they shud probe them.
Merry-go-round country. God save Us
Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by seguntijan(m): 6:57am On Sep 08, 2017
Atiku is livid because he thinks Buhari scammed him to win election and dumped him; is that?
He wants to come back and recoup (his money?) from 2019 till...dunno.
What about Tinubu, Amaechi, Saraki & others. Everyone who brought resources of their own region or State, or from their own past escapades thinks he brought more to the table than others and therefore deserves more?
What about the genuinely and selflessly committed political soldiers who gave all their strength, time, intellectual and integrity resources without looking to be paid personally but for sake of national progress to bring the country back from the wrong path it was back on the right ways?
Those who weren't part of the "gaming" of their State treasury to impress Buhari during the elections but believed Buhari would help bring Nigeria back on right track?
Bros, you only gave back from what you gamed! You don't deserve my country from so doing!
All of you cannot koman share Nigeria among yourselves again in 2019 -Insha Allah!
If all these shylocks who brought resources they "gamed" to the campaign table are asking for pound of flesh by claiming they are "sidelined" or "marginalized", what should the poor us claim ooo jàre; not marginalized?
Atiku has only opened the floor, more of them are expected to start working out too in their droves to claim their right or entitlement over Atiku and the rest, as the days go by. Sheri it is their birthright! They have turned the mumudom of over-200milllion of us to their business enterprises and are declaring on us just anyhow. They are profiting from the gullibility they created in the larger number of populace and the poverty they created to dominate them. But they will be divided and expose themselves so that wee may become wiser.
Go ahead and declare upon yourselves as you may wish! If you don't have our hearts, you can't have our hands.
We shall turn the table -Inn Sha Allah !
Re: Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM by manikspears: 6:59am On Sep 08, 2017
shugacaneman:
I warned them but they didn't listen so why spend such money?

Don't you know it is a plan to steal,they won't do anything.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down / Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? / Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.