Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,620 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre (40596 Views)

Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son / I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret / Biafra:what Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Getting Right- Philip Effiong [video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by nengibo: 10:34am On Sep 08, 2017
GavelSlam:

That's the real issue.

They know they are landlocked hence the need to involve groups that aren't.
Let Niger delta Republic or individual republics of Niger delta ethnicities and Biafra come out, we will see weda Igbos no go turn mexicans for our border

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by udemzyudex(m): 10:35am On Sep 08, 2017
Totalman1:
Even if FG no Honor d Man, NdIgbo should have done that!
I wondeR how non-Igbos will be treated should Biafra succeed. kiss

Honestly, that why I don't support this Biafra thing, I'm not being tribal here, Igbos will do worse than the north.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by madridguy(m): 10:37am On Sep 08, 2017
Digest very well before quoting.

udemzyudex:

What regret? For deciding to surrender while that coward ran away? Pls think well before you comment.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by nengibo: 10:37am On Sep 08, 2017
sgtponzihater1:
Biafra is an Igbo agenda and I repeat is an Igbo agenda, their adding Akwaibom, Uyo, PH, and Delta state is just out of the inherent oppressive and greedy nature of the Igbos and any SS member thinking Biafra is for him is living a pipe dream. Biafra is an Igbo agenda period.
Any ss person willing to join biafra will be given free bus or boat to go, as for our Niger delta territory no inch will be in their map

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by GavelSlam: 10:38am On Sep 08, 2017
Donpresh95:
If you are a regular listener of Radio Biafra London, you must have heard Sir Nnamdi Kanu giving respect to Effiong even more than Ojukwu for standing his ground and saying no to Nigerian politics unlike Ojukwu. Stop saying we abandoned him.

Oh Kanu is the wisest man in Igboland. All other people found there are intellectually malnourished?

So it took 40 years for the Igbo people to recognise their true hero, on the say so of a man who wasn't even born when events took place.

This shows the true colour of the people, who once again have begun to make overtures to the same groups they led to war and abandoned when everything failed.

OK Kwantinue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by proeast(m): 10:38am On Sep 08, 2017
nengibo:

It seems this ur Biafra idea is born out of the oil in the Niger delta, cos you keep praying for it to finish & in ur petty mind there will nothing left for Niger deltans to do again? Think again ipobian, before oil the Niger deltans wer still successfull business men in their various kingdoms due to our access to sea.
You just contradicted yourself, you said I am after oil & at the same time said i'm praying for it to finish! Fyi, Nigeria will still break up the moment oil becomes worthless & N.D can never be a country because the Itshekiri will never share a country where the ijaws will be a majority likewise the Ikwere, while Anioma people have been seeking to rejoin their Igbo brothers. A minimum of four mushroom countries will emerge from N.D while those with links to Igbos will merge with Biafra, that is the reality!

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by nengibo: 10:38am On Sep 08, 2017
attackgat:

Well what would rather use in determining tribe? States? Would that mean that everyone in Rivers state is Ijaw? Or maybe the Idomas of Enugu state are Igbo? Are Ikwerres Igbo when one Ikwerre man and former Governor such as Amechi says he is Igbo but another such as Odili says he is Ikwerre?
Odili is not Ikwerre, can't you guys just stick to Abia and anambra politics

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by tsdarkside(m): 10:39am On Sep 08, 2017
nengibo:

Any ss person willing to join biafra will be given free bus or boat to go, as for our Niger delta territory no inch will be in their map

simple and clear...

if the ipobians like make dem listen or we shall meet on the battlefields to deceid wheather the delta is part of biafra or not....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by nairanaira12: 10:41am On Sep 08, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

I will destroy the zoo with the truth
They can't sleep at night...................... Mazi Nnamdi kanu

Look at that fellows moniker.... He eats kanu... Dreams kanu.... Works kanu and will surely not end up well
Such a pity for a bright young man �

The truth here is that you supported Ojukwu (a man from the igbo tribe) and neglected effiong (a man from the Niger delta) . How do you deal with this truth that you can never change?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 08, 2017
deji17:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/kanu-meets-adf-denies-going-hiding/

Another unity beggars association of Nigeria powered article just to cause division.
Effiong was granted amnesty wen he surrendered to the Nigerian government. He didn't die as a rebel.

eDiots.
Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by udemzyudex(m): 10:48am On Sep 08, 2017
madridguy:
Digest very well before quoting.
I did
Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by muller101(m): 10:48am On Sep 08, 2017
render:
Who is the first man that visited the moon?
Ans: Neil Armstrong
Who is the second man that visited the moon?
No one knows

Life Lesson: People always know only the first person.
Check my signature for funny videos
says who. Don't generalize.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by bayulll011(m): 10:48am On Sep 08, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

I will destroy the zoo with the truth
They can't sleep at night...................... Mazi Nnamdi kanu

Look at that fellows moniker.... He eats kanu... Dreams kanu.... Works kanu and will surely not end up well
Such a pity for a bright young man �

are u dumbbb?

the man said during the ineffecual buffon regim.

GEJ President. south south

deputy senate president south east.

deputy speaker south east

chief of army staff south east.

secretary to the goverment south east.

finance minister south east.

yet to ranting of biafra. ndi ala
Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by nengibo: 10:50am On Sep 08, 2017
proeast:
You just contradicted yourself, you said I am after oil & at the same time said i'm praying for it to finish! Fyi, Nigeria will still break up the moment oil becomes worthless & N.D can never be a country because the Itshekiri will never share a country where the ijaws will be a majority likewise the Ikwere, while Anioma people have been seeking to rejoin their Igbo brothers. A minimum of four mushroom countries will emerge from N.D while those with links to Igbos will merge with Biafra, that is the reality!
Hahaha, Niger delta will not work but Niger delta + Biafra will work, poor logic, the beautiful thing about Niger delta is dat we are all minorities and we know our differences and boundaries, if splinter nations come up from Niger delta so be it, everyone can go back to how it was pre-Nigeria, its still better dan Biafra

As for ur own Biafra, it will be divided into like 5 or 6 countries, the Abakiliki igbo will be oto, the superior anambra igbo oto, imo ppl that hate anambra like another thing will be oto, let me not even talk about Ikwerre & Anioma dat dislike even been called igbo

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Anayordike(m): 10:50am On Sep 08, 2017
This is just another stupid blackmail talk. You forgot that after the war the Igbo speaking were treated like out cast by almost all Nigerians including people from the south south. Majority of them did not want to be associated with anything Igbo. They said they are not Igbo just because we lose the war. But when anything good is associated with Igbo so they will smile and be happy to identify with Igbo.
It is a Sheer hypocrisy on the side of the poster to say that Ndị Igbo refers to include Effiong's for pension and gratuity and restoration of rank in the Nigerian army. Where was Effiong's then when Ojukwu went out alone to repossess his father's property seized by the government at V/I. Who are you expecting to blow your trumpet for you.

I thank God for the kind of survival spirit He gave the Igbo people. If not who would think that the Igbo speaking will ever amount to anything again in Nigeria and the whole world after the Civil War? Other tribes who fought the war on the Biafra side lost hope on the Igbos, therefore didn't see reason to continue to associate with Igbos. Then they were happy when the military governments of those created new states out of the old East Central State. They thought they were helping them to erase Igbo influence and association from them.

Even the people of Rivers State(P/H) in particular seized houses and other properties belonging to Igbos. We were all Biafrans(but they turn out to be saboteurs). Even the Ikwere people who speak Igbo dialect said they no longer Igbos. After being brainwashed by the North they turn their back against their own blood. Since then they have not known peace and they are still shedding their own blood. They think they can recreate what God has done by changing their names from "Umu" to "Rumu" etc. Confusion everywhere.

Till today I still respect Mr. Effiong and he will remain so. But his kinsmen and others will have to learn their lessons. God gave you guys the Igbo nation to protect you, to be your big brother, to fight for you. But you simply can't get it. Take it or leave it, Hausa/fulani are leading all the Northerners. The Yorubas are leading other tribes in the West. Why are the South South people rejecting the Igbo leadership? What? Just mere fear of domination. Who's even dominating you. Look at it again, during the Biafra Era, Ojukwu=Igbo was head of state.
Effiong=I ibi was vice/deputy and another Ibibi of man was Secretary of state etc. Where is the Igbo domination? Check your history or Google it and see that even during Era of Eastern Region and East Central state governments majority of the key government positions and appointments were occupied by other tribes who are not core Igbos.

So enough of all this blackmailing. Let Igbos be. If you can't support Igbos aspirations and struggles, don't stand on their way. Stop seeing Igbos as your problems. You are the architect of your own. As you make your bed, so you will lye on it. Let Igbos be! If they want freedom from Nigeria, it's their choice. If they still want Republic Biafra after the first Civil war ended 50 years ago, then you need no prophet to tell you that it's their destiny.
Come to think of it have the Igbos not be living since 50 years after the Civil War ended without the help of the government? The Gowon government gave a mere £20 to each Igbo person who had money banks out of the millions and billions of pounds and the rest was by federal might. And you want Nigeri economy to blossom? Did that happened to any Ijaw, Ibibio, Isthekiri, Isoko, Ikwere man? No!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by vislabraye(m): 10:53am On Sep 08, 2017
Goddygee:
I am an Akwa ibomite and am strongly against Biafra rather I would prefer each region should be separated and allowed to manage its resources, this federal system has done more harm than good, I will also advice other ethnic groups in the niger delta not to join in the quest for Biafra because when Biafra is achieved other minor ethnic groups will also be marginalized, I would prefer that Biafra be given to the Igbo's only, my two cents

What proof have you ? Is the South South not being marginalized ?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by proeast(m): 10:54am On Sep 08, 2017
nengibo:

Let Niger delta Republic or individual republics of Niger delta ethnicities and Biafra come out, we will see weda Igbos no go turn mexicans for our border
You must be a comedian or an illusionist! P.H is the only viable city in the Niger Delta & the Ikweres will rather go with their Igbo brothers than join the Ijaws, politics of old Rivers state has taught them a lesson. Igbos are an industrial & commerce super power in Africa with a large diaspora population that would be sending a lot of remittances. What do you guys have that will make Igbos to start rushing to your places? So because you see Igbos in your place now means your economy is stronger than ours? Fyi, Igbos are everywhere including Niger, Chad & other poor countries, we are adventurers by nature like the Chinese, Lebanese & Indians. We already control the retail and supply business in Sub-saharan Africa. Left for me, I wont want any other part of N.D to join Biafra because your area is volatile.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Anayordike(m): 10:56am On Sep 08, 2017
nengibo:

Hahaha, Niger delta will not work but Niger delta + Biafra will work, poor logic, the beautiful thing about Niger delta is dat we are all minorities and we know our differences and boundaries, if splinter nations come up from Niger delta so be it, everyone can go back to how it was pre-Nigeria, its still better dan Biafra

As for ur own Biafra, it will be divided into like 5 or 6 countries, the Abakiliki igbo will be oto, the superior anambra igbo oto, imo ppl that hate anambra like another thing will be oto, let me not even talk about Ikwerre & Anioma dat dislike even been called igbo

Please I like you to read my comment carefully. Thanks
Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by attackgat: 10:59am On Sep 08, 2017
GavelSlam:

No one cares about your failed logic. Just stick to your quest and leave other groups out of your mouth.

Can't you fight alone?

Then stick to your ethnic group let other ethnic groups speak for themselves, did they ask you to fight for them?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by HiddenShadow: 11:00am On Sep 08, 2017
nengibo:

Keep fooling yourself on Nairaland why the real NigerDeltans are pledging allegiance to freedom offered by IPOB

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by attackgat: 11:01am On Sep 08, 2017
nengibo:

Odili is not Ikwerre, can't you guys just stick to Abia and anambra politics

States are just the creation of military governments. What matters are tribes

1 Like

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Donpresh95(m): 11:03am On Sep 08, 2017
GavelSlam:

Oh Kanu is the wisest man in Igboland. All other people found there are intellectually malnourished?

So it took 40 years for the Igbo people to recognise their true hero, on the say so of a man who wasn't even born when events took place.

This shows the true colour of the people, who once again have begun to make overtures to the same groups they led to war and abandoned when everything failed.

OK Kwantinue.

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by attackgat: 11:05am On Sep 08, 2017

What do u mean by the phrase "so called south south

So called because the term 'South South' is just a geographical expression. It does not exist in Nigerian law.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by proeast(m): 11:06am On Sep 08, 2017
nengibo:

Biafra once existed for 3 years & during that time, it was the most organized black nation! Igboland is homogenous with one language, culture & religion. N.D is heterogenous with many languages, religion & culture. N.D will still have a majority tribe, albeit an aggressive one (Ijaw). N.D rep will go to war, max of 6 months as a country! That is the reality!

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by nengibo: 11:07am On Sep 08, 2017
proeast:
You must be a comedian or an illusionist! P.H is the only viable city in the Niger Delta & the Ikweres will rather go with their Igbo brothers than join the Ijaws, politics of old Rivers state has taught them a lesson. Igbos are an industrial & commerce super power in Africa with a large diaspora population that would be sending a lot of remittances. What do you guys have that will make Igbos to start rushing to your places? So because you see Igbos in your place now means your economy is stronger than ours? Fyi, Igbos are everywhere including Niger, Chad & other poor countries, we are adventurers by nature like the Chinese, Lebanese & Indians. We already control the retail and supply business in Sub-saharan Africa. Left for me, I wont want any other part of N.D to join Biafra because your area is volatile.
Another lie
ikwerre is marginalised by Ijaw but Ikwerre has had 3 governors succeeding each other, try again
Ikwerre people will never join Biafra, they hate you people more than we Ijaws sef, the only thing that makes them 'special' is there catch phrase 'we are not Igbo but Ikwerre' why will they abandon their identity ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCHWFSjb6nU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by sesaan(m): 11:08am On Sep 08, 2017
111jideofor:
We have say no to one nigeria
#Corruption is on an Industrial Scale in Nigeria. All the Security Agencies (Military & ParaMilitary) are headed by Muslims.
Army - Muslim
Airforce - Muslim
Police - Muslim
Customs - Muslim
Immigration - Muslim
Prisons - Muslim
DSS - Muslim
Defence - Muslim
NSCDC - Muslim
NIA - Muslim
SGF - Muslim
EFCC - Muslim
I don't care whose heading so far you get the job done

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by ocelot2006(m): 11:08am On Sep 08, 2017
anaton:
He is been honoured by the Igbos. His son is a staunch supporter of the Biafra agitation.

Please do tell how General Effiong is being honored by the Igbos, cos we've not seen jackshyte. His name is only mentioned on this forum when IPOB and Pro Biafran supporters start their by-force-attachment posts about the South-South (Akwa Ibom & Cross River in particular).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by HiddenShadow: 11:09am On Sep 08, 2017
highmood:
Good! I am an Ibo. But I stayed in Bayelsa for 1 yr. Do you know the fear is not even Biafra, its the possibility of other groups in the Niger Delta area to seek for separation. I was with some ijaw old men who told me plainly that if Niger Delta is to be on their own, they will separate into pellets due its multiple ethnic groups in it. This Biafra agitation is an eye opener to the Ibos. Not all those who you call brothers and sisters really think you are. Ibos work with others but fight for your own right- Whosoever comes close to you accept else push them far from your reach.

That is why I laugh at those shouting NigerDelta republic.

The only binding force are the Igbos

Takeaway the Igbos and everyone is on his own

1 Like

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Donpresh95(m): 11:11am On Sep 08, 2017
GavelSlam:

OK Kwantinue.

It took me 22 years to understand what Biafra really is. media told me it's all about rebels that tried to overthrow the government which caused death of many Igbos. I kept on blaming Ojukwu for the death of innocent people until 2015 when I listened to Radio Biafra the finest university

1 Like

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by jpphilips(m): 11:12am On Sep 08, 2017
dannytoe:
Nnamdi kanu keep brainwashing, igbos with false hope, promising them a fake country, how many more will have to die just for the selfish interest of one clown................i know sum emty skulled, ipob clowns cant resist the urge to quote me.

In life, it is always the survival of the fittest, it's a natural phenomenon, it's a strong swallow weak syndrome, strength doesn't always mean physical strength but also, mental strength. people who are smarter are likely gonna bend the ideals of the dumbos, that's how the real world works, when I see Kanu's followers, I shed tears how a useless man with narrow sense of reality move such crowd.
on the flip side, there is another natural law of natural segregation where a society naturally sheds off their ret@rds in movements such as IPOB, boko haram, PKK etc.
They always hold tenaciously to their disgruntled belief so well they end up undermining obvious booby traps, after series of confrontations, their population is drastically reduced, it take a generational cycle to have them around. its a good thing in several ways, Nigeria is too populated so if we are gonna start shedding from the !diots, that's a good thing in my books!!I cant wait to see IPOB get confrontational, that's the only way reducing their population will be justified, Anambra election is a litmus test.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by nengibo: 11:13am On Sep 08, 2017
proeast:
Biafra once existed for 3 years & during that time, it was the most organized black nation! Igboland is homogenous with one language, culture & religion. N.D is heterogenous with many languages, religion & culture. N.D will still have a majority tribe, albeit an aggressive one (Ijaw). N.D rep will go to war, max of 6 months as a country! That is the reality!
I don't think you read my comment, let me see if putting it in bold will make a difference

"Hahaha, Niger delta will not work but Niger delta + Biafra will work, poor logic, the beautiful thing about Niger delta is dat we are all minorities and we know our differences and boundaries, if splinter nations come up from Niger delta so be it, everyone can go back to how it was pre-Nigeria, its still better dan Biafra"

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook / Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) / Buratai Visits Colombian Army Headquarters. (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.