Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre (40620 Views)

Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son / I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret / Biafra:what Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Getting Right- Philip Effiong [video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Amarabae(f): 11:14am On Sep 08, 2017
nengibo:

Another lie
ikwerre is marginalised by Ijaw but Ikwerre has had 3 governors succeeding each other, try again
Ikwerre people will never join Biafra, they hate you people more than we Ijaws sef, the only thing that makes them 'special' is there catch phrase 'we are not Igbo but Ikwerre' why will they abandon their identity ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCHWFSjb6nU
why cant you ijaw speak about ijaw tribe and leave others alone?
Is everybody in South south ijaw?
Why are you guys always paranoid over who is Igbo or not?
Ijaws dont want biafra, oya fine, mind ur business and let others speak for themselves,
Gosh

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by ocelot2006(m): 11:15am On Sep 08, 2017
attackgat:

So called because the term 'South South' is just a geographical expression. It does not exist in Nigerian law.

So the geopolitical regions (SS, SE, SW, NC, NE, NW) do not exist? And you wonder why you fail your exams. Listen, the former Eastern Region is now DEFUNCT. GET OVER IT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by nengibo: 11:15am On Sep 08, 2017
attackgat:

States are just the creation of military governments. What matters are tribes
Shifting post after missing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by jpphilips(m): 11:16am On Sep 08, 2017
Donpresh95:

It took me 22 years to understand what Biafra really is. media told me it's all about rebels that tried to overthrow the government which caused death of many Igbos. I kept on blaming Ojukwu for the death of innocent people until 2015 when I listened to Radio Biafra the finest university

If at 24 years your best assessment of historical fact is the perceived obnoxious opinion of a lunatic, then you still have a long way to go. just know that the standard of learning you have set for yourself is too low for human existence, only time will tell how long you can sustain that anomie.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by nengibo: 11:17am On Sep 08, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Keep fooling yourself on Nairaland why the real NigerDeltans are pledging allegiance to freedom offered by IPOB
Is it the nollywood that you acting on Youtube, we go see wen shit hits the fan, we dey wait oboriapu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Amarabae(f): 11:19am On Sep 08, 2017
And mr ekefre,
is it not Nigeria govt that should remember effiong,
who remembered Achuzie and other biafra war veterans,some of them are handicapped,
they are Igbos, ho rememberd them?
I keep telling ipob, leave these minorities alone,let them stay back in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by HiddenShadow: 11:19am On Sep 08, 2017
nengibo:

Is it the nollywood that you acting on Youtube, we go see wen shit hits the fan, we dey wait oboriapu

Mr We The SS

Keep deceiving yourself why the real ones are joining Kanu

1 Like

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by attackgat: 11:20am On Sep 08, 2017
Philip Effiong was never abandoned. Here are some facts people may not know.

Philip Effiong was the vice president and the last president of Biafra.

After the war, Philip Effiong lived for a while in Enugu and was well accomodated by Igbos.

In 2012, the government of Obasunjo granted official pardon to all ex Nigerian Soldiers who fought for Biafra such as Philip Effiong. Over 1.5 Billion Naira was released to pay their gratuity and pension.

When Philip Effiong died in 2013, a huge contigent of MASSOB members went to his village of ibiono ibom to give him a befitting burial.

So anyone who says that Philip Effiong was abandoned is just talking nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by nengibo: 11:21am On Sep 08, 2017
Amarabae:
why cant you ijaw speak about ijaw tribe and leave others alone?
Is everybody in South south ijaw?
Why are you guys always paranoid over who is Igbo or not?
Ijaws dont want biafra, oya fine, mind ur business and let others speak for themselves,
Gosh
If there is anyone paranoid about anybody its the igbos drawing maps and including everybody including Lagos and Abj in their pipe dream, go to biafratv wer dey impersonate tribal heads and claim allegiance of groups,

You have this tendency of always quoting without reading what I'm even responding to

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by ocelot2006(m): 11:23am On Sep 08, 2017
Anayordike:
This is just another stupid blackmail talk. You forgot that after the war the Igbo speaking were treated like out cast by almost all Nigerians including people from the south south. Majority of them did not want to be associated with anything Igbo. They said they are not Igbo just because we lose the war. But when anything good is associated with Igbo so they will smile and be happy to identify with Igbo.
It is a Sheer hypocrisy on the side of the poster to say that Ndị Igbo refers to include Effiong's for pension and gratuity and restoration of rank in the Nigerian army. Where was Effiong's then when Ojukwu went out alone to repossess his father's property seized by the government at V/I. Who are you expecting to blow your trumpet for you.

I thank God for the kind of survival spirit He gave the Igbo people. If not who would think that the Igbo speaking will ever amount to anything again in Nigeria and the whole world after the Civil War? Other tribes who fought the war on the Biafra side lost hope on the Igbos, therefore didn't see reason to continue to associate with Igbos. Then they were happy when the military governments of those created new states out of the old East Central State. They thought they were helping them to erase Igbo influence and association from them.

Even the people of Rivers State(P/H) in particular seized houses and other properties belonging to Igbos. We were all Biafrans(but they turn out to be saboteurs). Even the Ikwere people who speak Igbo dialect said they no longer Igbos. After being brainwashed by the North they turn their back against their own blood. Since then they have not known peace and they are still shedding their own blood. They think they can recreate what God has done by changing their names from "Umu" to "Rumu" etc. Confusion everywhere.

Till today I still respect Mr. Effiong and he will remain so. But his kinsmen and others will have to learn their lessons. God gave you guys the Igbo nation to protect you, to be your big brother, to fight for you. But you simply can't get it. Take it or leave it, Hausa/fulani are leading all the Northerners. The Yorubas are leading other tribes in the West. Why are the South South people rejecting the Igbo leadership? What? Just mere fear of domination. Who's even dominating you. Look at it again, during the Biafra Era, Ojukwu=Igbo was head of state.
Effiong=I ibi was vice/deputy and another Ibibi of man was Secretary of state etc. Where is the Igbo domination? Check your history or Google it and see that even during Era of Eastern Region and East Central state governments majority of the key government positions and appointments were occupied by other tribes who are not core Igbos.

So enough of all this blackmailing. Let Igbos be. If you can't support Igbos aspirations and struggles, don't stand on their way. Stop seeing Igbos as your problems. You are the architect of your own. As you make your bed, so you will lye on it. Let Igbos be! If they want freedom from Nigeria, it's their choice. If they still want Republic Biafra after the first Civil war ended 50 years ago, then you need no prophet to tell you that it's their destiny.
Come to think of it have the Igbos not be living since 50 years after the Civil War ended without the help of the government? The Gowon government gave a mere £20 to each Igbo person who had money banks out of the millions and billions of pounds and the rest was by federal might. And you want Nigeri economy to blossom? Did that happened to any Ijaw, Ibibio, Isthekiri, Isoko, Ikwere man? No!

WOW!! WOW!! So you expect us minorities in the SS to be subservient to Igbo leadership?! Mr. Man WAKKA!! Now your Biafran true intentions are coming out! TO HELL WITH YOUR PIPE DREAM! Take your Biafran crap to your village and leave the SS out of it. JOKERS!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by nengibo: 11:24am On Sep 08, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Mr We The SS

Keep deceiving yourself why the real ones are joining Kanu
Egberi fa
Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by HiddenShadow: 11:25am On Sep 08, 2017
nengibo:
Egberi fa

Not only Egberi fa but fa riEgbe
Keep deceiving yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by attackgat: 11:26am On Sep 08, 2017
ocelot2006:

So the geopolitical regions (SS, SE, SW, NC, NE, NW) do not exist? And you wonder why you fail your exams. Listen, the former Eastern Region is now DEFUNCT. GET OVER IT.

Learn to read. I said they dont exist in Nigerian law. The constitution of Nigeria does not recognise anything like SS, SE or whatever. That is why SE and SS are just mere geographical expressions

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by HiddenShadow: 11:26am On Sep 08, 2017
ocelot2006:

WOW!! WOW!! So you expect us minorities in the SS to be subservient to Igbo leadership?! Mr. Man WAKKA!! Now your Biafran true intentions are coming out! TO HELL WITH YOUR PIPE DREAM! Take your Biafran crap to your village and leave the SS out of it. JOKERS!

Is SS a tribe

Speak for your tribe.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Amarabae(f): 11:26am On Sep 08, 2017
nengibo:

If there is anyone paranoid about anybody its the igbos drawing maps and including everybody including Lagos and Abj in their pipe dream, go to biafratv wer dey impersonate tribal heads and claim allegiance of groups,

You have this tendency of always quoting without reading what I'm even responding to
I read where you said everybody in SS are minorities,
point of correction mr ijaw man, Asa,Ndoki,Ndoni;Anioma,Etches etc are NOT AND NEVER MINORITIES but rather part and parcel of the MAJORITY IGBO NATION!
Get that into the skull,
and finally, ijaws are not bifrans, oya mind your business and your ijaw tribe and keep kwayet,

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by letusbepieces: 11:30am On Sep 08, 2017
nengibo:

Another lie
ikwerre is marginalised by Ijaw but Ikwerre has had 3 governors succeeding each other, try again
Ikwerre people will never join Biafra, they hate you people more than we Ijaws sef, the only thing that makes them 'special' is there catch phrase 'we are not Igbo but Ikwerre' why will they abandon their identity ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCHWFSjb6nU

Mr know it all, let me ask u this, do Ikwere love Ijaw or Ijaw love Ikwere?

Is it not Igbo u Ijaws call the Ikwere, we still remember GEJ and Amaechi cat and dog fight.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by perdollar(m): 11:32am On Sep 08, 2017
yes ds a a lesson to learn. never surrender or else u WL av no respect. better to fyt n flight and come back n fyt again Dan surrender n b ridiculed by ur enemies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by letusbepieces: 11:33am On Sep 08, 2017
Amarabae:
And mr ekefre,
is it not Nigeria govt that should remember effiong,
who remembered Achuzie and other biafra war veterans,some of them are handicapped,
they are Igbos, ho rememberd them?
I keep telling ipob, leave these minorities alone,let them stay back in Nigeria

Who remembered Ojukwu? If not for GEJ, could Ojukwu even win election in Anambra State?

Ojukwu died in his 70s becos of neglect. His entitlement from Nigeria Army he did not see.

If not for Goodluck, will he get such a befitting burial? No!

God saw his heart and took him at the right time, with full honours that he is entitled.

Today OBJ, Danjuma, Gowon, who are older than him are still alive.

This is just another divide and conquer tactics.

It is funny, how easy it easy to sow seed of division.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Amarabae(f): 11:34am On Sep 08, 2017
letusbepieces:

Is it not Igbo u Ijaws call the Ikwere, we still remember GEJ and Amaechi cat and dog fight.
you de mind them?
Thats the divide and conquer tactics goon taught their fathers in 1967, but its fading away,
they want to ressurect upland and riverine dicotomy inorder to kick wike out but it will fail woefully,

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Elin: 11:34am On Sep 08, 2017
This post will only Deceive the cheap Brain, this is to make pple fight against their Brothers, and Nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by letusbepieces: 11:35am On Sep 08, 2017
Amarabae:
you de mind them?
Thats the divide and conquer tactics goon taught their fathers in 1967, but its fading away,
they want to ressurect upland and riverine dicotomy inorder to kick wike out but it will fail woefully,

That is exactly wat it is.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by id4sho(m): 11:35am On Sep 08, 2017
attackgat:
Philip Effiong was never abandoned. Here are some facts people may not know.

Philip Effiong was the vice president and the last president of Biafra.

After the war, Philip Effiong lived for a while in Enugu and was well accomodated by Igbos.

In 2012, the government of Obasunjo granted official pardon to all ex Nigerian Soldiers who fought for Biafra such as Philip Effiong. Over 1.5 Billion Naira was released to pay their gratuity and pension.

When Philip Effiong died in 2013, a huge contigent of MASSOB members went to his village of ibiono ibom to give him a befitting burial.

So anyone who says that Philip Effiong was abandoned is just talking nonsense.
Chief propagandist, government of obasanjo "2012"

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Amarabae(f): 11:36am On Sep 08, 2017
letusbepieces:

Who remember Ojukwu? If not for GEJ, could Ojukwu even win election in Anambra State?

Ojuwkwu died in his 70s becos of neglect.

Today OBJ, Danjuma, Gowon, who are older than him are still alive.

This is just another divide and conquer tactics.

It is funny, how easy it easy to sow seed of division.
dont mind them,
ipob should leave these minorities alone,let them stay back in Nigeria,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by letusbepieces: 11:38am On Sep 08, 2017
Amarabae:
dont mind them,

Dat is wat will have to happen.

U are very clever. Let the Ijaw, Ibibio, Urhobo remain in Nigeria.

Honestly, they are not worth the stress.

It is too much.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Amarabae(f): 11:44am On Sep 08, 2017
letusbepieces:

Dat is wat will have to happen.

U are very clever. Let the Ijaw, Ibibio, Urhobo remain in Nigeria.

Honestly, they are not worth the stress.
I will be very happy if these minorities are left back in Nigeria,
enough is enough,
I will prefer doing things with yorubas and middlebeltans than these southern minorities,
always filled with burning hatred,
Tufiakwa,
let these people be biko

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by nengibo: 11:44am On Sep 08, 2017
letusbepieces:

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by nengibo: 11:44am On Sep 08, 2017
letusbepieces:

Your questions are so irrelevant, "is it not Igbo you Ijaws call the ikwerre?" is Igbo now an Ijaw word for Igbo people
To your 2nd assertion Gej hated Amaechi not because of their political grievances but because he was Ik
werre and then the same Gej supported another ikwerre man Wike,the tribe he "hated" to be Governor.
I'm done with responding ur kind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Elin: 11:45am On Sep 08, 2017
Even Gej Knws dat Igbos Defended him and were ready to kill any Nigerian dat comes against him during his Time of Predicaments... with wat happened in 2015 election, U need no microscope to see and Tell ur sef the truth....

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by jrusky(m): 11:45am On Sep 08, 2017
Goddygee:
I am an Akwa ibomite and am strongly against Biafra rather I would prefer each region should be separated and allowed to manage its resources, this federal system has done more harm than good, I will also advice other ethnic groups in the niger delta not to join in the quest for Biafra because when Biafra is achieved other minor ethnic groups will also be marginalized, I would prefer that Biafra be given to the Igbo's only, my two cents

God bless you bro. I'm igbo by parental level as well but in mindset I'm not. Let every region get their own independent and manage their lives as they wish to but any fools who is non core igbo to be joining biafra I bet those foolish tribe or region will weep like a baby what my igbo people will do totem.

Can't SS stay on their own or how long will anyone realised hate is in average igbo msn gene? This is why I said I'm not igbo by mindset because I will not hate anybody who has no done me any evil or hate some one because he is a Yoruba and Awolowo blabla what the hell is my business with that? Or to hate Edo man or to hate Benue man who has not offended me a bit biko mbannu I won't never.
I had talked about my family pains as per this biafra and I repeat this biafra madness made me not to have a single uncle from my father side till today my grandparent has five boys and one girl it was Ojukwu biafra army not Nigeria army that came and forcefully took them away all my supposed uncles to go and fight and till today I mean till today 2017 none of the four boys or men return home this pains lead to my grandfsther death when he could not bear the lost just for a war the poor old people can't even tell what brought about it this is why I hate ojukwu with passion and I will hate him till eternity and some one want me again to be following Kanu to cause a war that will wipe out my entire lineage?impossible, kanu who in everything in life is a boy to me, God forbid

I only pity the SS and the Deltans den go hear am una want follow greed haters go ahead same way i said Nigeria will weep like a baby for voting in apc same way they will weep like a baby by the the time the hate and greed in our genes raise its ugly head then a new struggle will begin and that will be the greatest nightmare.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by letusbepieces: 11:46am On Sep 08, 2017
Amarabae:
dont mind them,

Abi is it Igbo that will remember Philip Effiong for them?

Are Akwa Ibom people incapable?

Was the Biafra struggle exclusively Igbo?

Were minorities not murdered alongside Igbos in the North.

Opening shot of Biafra war was in Calabar, when Gowon dropped bombs, before Ojukwu responded by invading the midwest.

Today, Igbo are in the forefront of the struggle, the minorities are waiting for free ride when Igbos finish.

So many Young Igbo men murdered by Buhari, tomorrow they will say Igbo this, Igbo dat.

Are dey incapable, we are all about equal partnership and everybody must be capable.

No dead weight.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by nengibo: 11:46am On Sep 08, 2017
Amarabae:
I will be very happy if these minorities are left back in Nigeria,
enough is enough,
I will prefer doing things with yorubas and middlebeltans than these southern minorities,
always filled with burning hatred,
Tufiakwa,
let these people be biko
Hypocrite

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos Of Aminu Tambuwal Arriving In PH Ahead Of PDP Presidential Election / Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies / Akpabio Sits Next To Amaechi At NGF Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.