Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? (2192 Views)

Recent Trend On Facebook By Nigerian Women / This Is The New Trend on Nairaland: Hit or Miss? To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] / The Birthday Tags On The Bottom Of Nairaland, Where Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by BluntBoy(m): 10:51pm On Sep 07, 2017
His/her thread was the first I saw on here about suicide. This moniker has not been seen since then. I checked his profile this evening and he has not surfaced. I just hope he didn't go on with it. I feel really sad.

Now, the point of opening this thread is to warn people to stop trivializing suicide threads. Even if you doubt the sincerity of the person, give your piece of advice or keep mute instead of encouraging them to go on with it. A lot of people are really going through tough times and when they mention their suicidal intents here, your empathy may be all that would make all the difference.

As for those who are joking with suicide for attention, try and grow brains. When, God forbid, you run into real depression, people may not take you seriously by then. Let us know what to joke with or not joke with.

Depression is not something to joke with.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 07, 2017
I'm just surprised. Like is this europe? sad

2 Likes

Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by BluntBoy(m): 10:58pm On Sep 07, 2017
Lawlahdey:
I'm just surprised. Like is this europe? sad

Honestly, it is really surprising. I just went to read the comments on his suicide thread. Nearly all of the comments showed empathy. I give kudos to all those comments that tried to discourage him.
Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 07, 2017
BluntBoy:

Honestly, it is really surprising. I just went to read the comments on his suicide thread. Nearly all of the comments showed empathy. I give kudos to all those comments that tried to discourage him.
I didn't see the thread but it's well. sad

1 Like

Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by lalanice(f): 11:04pm On Sep 07, 2017
my sadness is for those who think anybody who has a phone and could register on nairaland is sane. I read some comments on this forum and I SMH, can't even bother to mention, reply, or correct them.

people say and joke with anything on this forum, its crazy.

1 Like

Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by BluntBoy(m): 11:27pm On Sep 07, 2017
lalanice:
my sadness is for those who think anybody who has a phone and could register on nairaland is sane. I read some comments on this forum and I SMH, can't even bother to mention, reply, or correct them.

people say and joke with anything on this forum, its crazy.

Really crazy.
Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by vladhillz(m): 11:57pm On Sep 07, 2017
but do yu really think we care?I personally, do yu think I f*ckig care?if a mo'fucker doesn't think hurting his mum and FAM isn't enuf reason to keep grinding and living,he's free to f*ck off..selfish humans
Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by Opakan2: 12:01am On Sep 08, 2017
Recycling gone wrong grin

Same old niggas recycling new and old hoes.. After using and dumping them, they go gaga and become suicidal
#Nofvcksgiven
Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by ibkkk(f): 4:03am On Sep 08, 2017
BluntBoy:
His/her thread was the first I saw on here about suicide. This moniker has not been seen since then. I checked his profile this evening and he has not surfaced. I just hope he didn't go on with it. I feel really sad.

Now, the point of opening this thread is to warn people to stop trivializing suicide threads. Even if you doubt the sincerity of the person, give your piece of advice or keep mute instead of encouraging them to go on with it. A lot of people are really going through tough times and when they mention their suicidal intents here, your empathy may be all that would make all the difference.

As for those who are joking with suicide for attention, try and grow brains. When, God forbid, you run into real depression, people may not take you seriously by then. Let us know what to joke with or not joke with.

It's a good one from you. Seriously, i saw a post yesterday too about a suicidal attempt here on nairaland. I was so baffled with people's comments. I felt bad. Many people were encouraging him to go on commiting suicide.Where's our human feeling? sad A few ones gave comforting words. We need not joke with things like this cos many of them may actually mean what they wrote. We never can say,our words of encouragement could make them change their minds. We should learn to love one another. We should learn to be our "brother's keeper".We should learn to give a shoulder to lean on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 08, 2017
A comment on nairaland made me not commit suicide...I didn't open a thread,just came online to read what's happening before leaving life and a comment I read,made me had a change of mind...

The comments we make here,do have an impart in one's life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by mofeoluwadassah: 6:35am On Sep 08, 2017
yes some people who come here to post false news just to get attention, need to grow brain

1 Like

Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 08, 2017
Hundreds of Kids on Nairaland.

Kids most times are the ones giving advice.

2 Likes

Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by Oyindidi(f): 7:24am On Sep 08, 2017
skillful01:
A comment on nairaland made me not commit suicide...I didn't open a thread,just came online to read what's happening before leaving life and a comment I read,made me had a change of mind...

The comments we make here,do have an impart in one's life.
Change your location too.
Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 08, 2017
Oyindidi:
Change your location too.
It wasn't about location...Depression caused it.

I'll try the advice...but still in school and less than 18 in age
Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by Oyindidi(f): 9:07am On Sep 08, 2017
skillful01:

It wasn't about location...Depression caused it.

I'll try the advice...but still in school and less than 18 in age
Tell me what caused the depression.
Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by lalanice(f): 9:14am On Sep 08, 2017
OrestesDante:
Hundreds of Kids on Nairaland.

Kids most times are the ones giving advice.
cheesy by their comment you'll know them. the worse are the old kids, old but with a child's brain. yet they are the ones quick to give advice. lol

1 Like

Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by iluvpomo(m): 3:51pm On Oct 08, 2017
Well the user in question has logged into his/her account as seen in the “last seen” time stamp on his/her profile page.
Either way depression is a serious issue and should not be taken lightly. I agree with the OP.
Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by gbadexy(m): 4:43pm On Oct 08, 2017
you all need to realize most commenters here a kids. They still think everything is fun and joke.
I hear some people say only weak or selfish people commit suicide and therefore deserve it. that's a very shallow way of thinking. Everybody has different ways of dealing with disappointment and stress. Everybody also have their breaking point, no matter how tough or resilient they think they are.
If you can't show empathy, then just plain shut the Bleep off even if you think its a joke.
you may think owning a phone and the relative anonymity and detachment Internet provides is an excuse for you to be mean, but be rest assured that if your comment or actions spur or encourage someone to commit suicide, it's as if you killed the person.
There is nothing like I was only joking when karma comes calling.
Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

I read your diary I couldn't comment on that thread old man.I respect people who are good at mathematics I hate that subject.I was never good in it you must really have brains.Respect sir.As for the church do you still consider yourself a christian?I myself wondered why an old may would call himself a boy well now I know blunt or boy.
Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by BluntBoy(m): 7:14pm On Apr 28, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I read your diary I couldn't comment on that thread old man.I respect people who are good at mathematics I hate that subject.I was never good in it you must really have brains.Respect sir.As for the church do you still consider yourself a christian?I myself wondered why an old may would call himself a boy well now I know blunt or boy.

Thank you, my Queen. Mathematics is not difficult at all. I will put the problems many students have with it down to bad teachings. When I was serving, I taught Mathematics and made students like it.

As for if I am still a Christian, the answer is no. I would rather regard myself as a believer in Christ.

As for the name "blunt", it came about as a result of my radicalism. Many things led to my leaving the pastoral ministry. One of it is using my head rather than following rituals. For instance, my senior pastor discouraged divorce but I told the church that they could divorce in the case of infidelity or a threat to their lives. I remembered one of the pastors in the disciplinary committee saying that "this boy is too blunt." cheesy
Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by BluntBoy(m): 7:20pm On Apr 28, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

And, I am not an old man. angry

I am not even anywhere close to 35.
Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:35pm On Apr 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

Thank you, my Queen. Mathematics is not difficult at all. I will put the problems many students have with it down to bad teachings. When I was serving, I taught Mathematics and made students like it.

As for if I am still a Christian, the answer is no. I would rather regard myself as a believer in Christ.

As for the name "blunt", it came about as a result of my radicalism. Many things led to my leaving the pastoral ministry. One of it is using my head rather than following rituals. For instance, my senior pastor discouraged divorce but I told the church that they could divorce in the case of infidelity or a threat to their lives. I remembered one of the pastors in the disciplinary committee saying that "this boy is too blunt." cheesy

Nice,I had many lesson teachers for mathematics and I kept failing woefully.I am not dull but the subject makes me lose focus my teachers were good.As for religion I just take it as is I am a good bible student but late 2016 I started to question some things and started researching on the net I am not just inspired by that book although I still believe in God maybe as an agnostic theist.I respect you for that(math guru) as for your age it means you are in your early 30's haba.Bluntboy go and marry.

1 Like

Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by BluntBoy(m): 10:07pm On Apr 28, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Nice,I had many lesson teachers for mathematics and I kept failing woefully.I am not dull but the subject makes me lose focus my teachers were good.As for religion I just take it as is I am a good bible student but late 2016 I started to question some things and started researching on the net I am not just inspired by that book although I still believe in God maybe as an agnostic theist.I respect you for that(math guru) as for your age it means you are in your early 30's haba.Bluntboy go and marry.

Marry me.

I am serious.
Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

Marry me.

I am serious.
Hahahaha you would have to wait if you are serious. And besides the age difference is too much old man hahahaha.
Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by BluntBoy(m): 10:12pm On Apr 28, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Hahahaha you would have to wait if you are serious. And besides the age difference is too much old man hahahaha.

Like for how long?
Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:15pm On Apr 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

Like for how long?
Na me you dey ask?Yoruba demon go and marry your mates are getting married and you are waiting for a young girl like me that needs to explore life and focus on her studies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by BluntBoy(m): 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Na me you dey ask?Yoruba demon go and marry your mates are getting married and you are waiting for a young girl like me that needs to explore life and focus on her studies.

You can do all that in a marriage.
Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:24pm On Apr 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

You can do all that in a marriage.
What did you just say?I must be a lawyer before I get married I can't be married and not have a first degree maybe when I do my second degree I would think of marriage.I didn't enter the university on time some of my mates in secondary school are almost through with their university and polytechnic education.I entered not too long ago and I need to enjoy life.

1 Like

Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by tooawesome(m): 10:25pm On Apr 28, 2018
Anyone that wants to commit suicide is weak stupïd and clueless. The person should go ahead and greet the devil for me. Nonsense. You think people will stop you
Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by BluntBoy(m): 10:39pm On Apr 28, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
What did you just say?I must be a lawyer before I get married I can't be married and not have a first degree maybe when I do my second degree I would think of marriage.I didn't enter the university on time some of my mates in secondary school are almost through with their university and polytechnic education.I entered not too long ago and I need to enjoy life.

I can wait even for 10 years but what is even the assurance that I won't be waiting in vain

I will be contended with what I have. You are my one and only Nairaland Queen (the love of my e-life) and by extension, offline, at least for now.
Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by Shugavee(f): 11:52pm On Apr 28, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
lol grin grin he wants to marry u naw!
Re: The Suicide Trend On Nairaland — Where Is Assfreaky? by BluntBoy(m): 11:57pm On Apr 28, 2018
Shugavee:
lol grin grin he wants to marry u naw!

I can even order the ring immediately I get her ring size.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fraud At Nimc Gtbank Centre, Oba Akran / If He Has These 6 Habits Don't Marry Him . / I felt bored, Needed something to take my mind off.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.