Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

AMAZING! Here Are List Of The Best Places To Live In Lagos - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / AMAZING! Here Are List Of The Best Places To Live In Lagos (3655 Views)

Five Places To Meet "Husband Materials" In Nigeria / Whose House Would You Live In After Wedding? (Pictured) / Lady Reveals Why She And Her Husband Live In Separate Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AMAZING! Here Are List Of The Best Places To Live In Lagos by truegossip(f): 2:49pm On Sep 08, 2017
Lagos State is just one of 36 states in Nigeria and happens to be one of the best states to live in Nigeria. Lagos is the center of excellence and is one place virtually every Nigerian wishes to live in. But the problem is that the state is quite expensive to live in, especially House-renting, feeding, transportation... 

We already know that places on the Island, Ikoyi, Victoria Islan, and Lekki are the most sought after places in Lagos because they are fine, highly developed and hold some of the best hotels in Lagos.

So below I am going to be telling you some great but yet affordable places you can live in Lagos.

LIVING IN IKEJA

Ikeja is recognized as the state capital of Lagos state.  It is a well planned, clean and quiet residential and commercial town with shopping malls, pharmacies, and government reservation areas. Murtala Mohammed International Airport is located in Ikeja. It now boasts a shopping mall, Ikeja City Mall, which is the largest mall in the Mainland of Lagos State and also has a cinema.

LIVING IN YABA

Yaba is a suburb located in Lagos Mainland LGA. There are many institutions of higher learning in the area like Queen’s College, the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research, the Yaba College of Technology, Igbobi College, the University of Lagos, the Federal School Science and Technical College, and the Federal College of Education. Yaba has one of the busiest market sites in Lagos, known as Tejuosho Market, Nigeria.

LIFE IN SURULERE

As it stands, Surulere is a residential and commercial local government area located in Mainland of Lagos.  It is home to the Lagos National Stadium (capacity 60,000) built-in 1972 for the All-Africa Games. One of the most popular places in Surulere is Ojuelegba. It is known for its crowded setting and regarded as one of the busiest places in Lagos. It connects the city’s mainland with Lagos Island and Victoria Island.

LIFE IN AGEGE

There is a campus of the Lagos state university located in Agege, also NYSC  corps permanent orientation camp is located at  Iyana-Ipaja Road, Agege.  Agege has few industries, it is the center of popular aluminum  Village which connects with the popular Abeokuta Express road.  Residents of this location enjoy free transportation due to its railway services. It is another area with affordable apartments too.

OGBA
Ogba, about five kilometers west of Ikeja, is a densely populated area with a mix of housing for high and low-income earners. Rents at the top end are lower than in Allen Avenue and Omole Estates. Ogba is located at the heart of Lagos metropolis and is therefore easily accessible by bus and taxi. Ogba has a popular Sunday market patronized by people from all over Lagos, an evening/night market and a handful of shopping malls. Small hotels, guest houses, eateries and drinking bars provide the only real relaxation in the area.

LIFE IN MARYLAND

Maryland is a residential and commercial area on the mainland of Lagos. It is located close to Ikeja and the Military Cantonment. The area is quiet compared to other places in Lagos with several housing estates. The Maryland mall is opening soon.

APAPA

Apapa is a Local Government Area in Lagos, located to the west of Lagos Island. The region of Apapa lies near the mouth of Lagos lagoon and contains ports and terminals for various commodities such as containers and bulk cargo, houses, offices and a small old disused railway station. It also houses some refineries like the Bua Group. It also has commercial offices of many shipping, clearing, and transportation companies. Other notable buildings include the Folawiyo Towers. Apapa houses the headquarters of the Nigerian newspaper, Thisday and also has an amusement parks kids would love.

FESTAC TOWN

Festac Town is a federal housing estate located along the Lagos-Badagry Expressway in Lagos State, Nigeria. Its name is derived from the acronym FESTAC, which stands for Second World African Festival of Arts and Culture that was held there in 1977.

The Nigerian government invested substantial sums of money and resources into building Festac Town, which has state of the art electrical generators, police and fire stations, access to public transportation, supermarkets, banks, health centers, public restrooms, and postal services.

LIFE IN IYANA IPAJA

The Name Iyana Ipaja simply means the road that has branched off to Ipaja town in the Yoruba language. Its a populated area now in Lagos.  Iyana Ipaja is in the Alimosho Local government of Lagos State. Other areas around Iyana Ipaja are Abule Egba, Akowonjo, Agege, Egbeda, and Ikeja.

MAGODO

Magodo is located in Kosofe Local Government Area, Lagos. Magodo is basically a residential area that is known to be home to some affluent people of society.  A great place to shop is the Ketu Market where all kinds of fresh foods and ingredients can be bought while the Ikeja City Mall, located close to the area, creates an avenue for people to catch some fun.

Souce: http://mobizone.ng/amazing-list-best-places-live-lagos/

1 Share

Re: AMAZING! Here Are List Of The Best Places To Live In Lagos by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 08, 2017
Ikeja is the best

Yaba comes second

The rest follow closely

OP, you left Ilupeju out?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AMAZING! Here Are List Of The Best Places To Live In Lagos by Ranchhoddas: 6:39pm On Sep 08, 2017
No place like Ajegunle... Add it to your list.
Re: AMAZING! Here Are List Of The Best Places To Live In Lagos by CAPSLOCKED: 6:54pm On Sep 08, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
No place like Ajegunle...
Add it to your list.

IT WAS NICE GROWING UP THERE BRO.

WAS AN ALTER BOY AT ST. MARY'S CATH CHURCH. grin
Re: AMAZING! Here Are List Of The Best Places To Live In Lagos by Ranchhoddas: 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

IT WAS NICE GROWING UP THERE BRO.
WAS AN ALTER BOY AT ST. MARY'S CATH CHURCH. grin
Really? Kanjowo Street. Lodge Bus Stop... How you come turn bad boy like this?
Re: AMAZING! Here Are List Of The Best Places To Live In Lagos by CAPSLOCKED: 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Really?
Kanjowo Street.
Lodge Bus Stop...
How you come turn bad boy like this?

KANJOWO.....
I CAN'T REMEMBER THOSE PLACES, ALL I REMEMBER IS GODO LANE, AND THE LANES I TOOK MY STREET TIRE RIDING CAREER TO. grin
Re: AMAZING! Here Are List Of The Best Places To Live In Lagos by Ranchhoddas: 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

KANJOWO.....
I CAN'T REMEMBER THOSE PLACES, ALL I REMEMBER IS GODO LANE, AND THE LANES I TOOK MY STREET TIRE RIDING CAREER TO. grin
That's where the church is situated. With a really large football field and a hospital...
Re: AMAZING! Here Are List Of The Best Places To Live In Lagos by CAPSLOCKED: 11:40pm On Sep 08, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
That's where the church is situated. With a really large football field and a hospital...

I CAN'T BELIEVE I CAN'T RECALL MOST OF THESE THINGS... YOU KNOW DEMENTIA IS BAD.
Re: AMAZING! Here Are List Of The Best Places To Live In Lagos by Wizywiz(m): 2:12am On Sep 09, 2017
Idumota
Re: AMAZING! Here Are List Of The Best Places To Live In Lagos by Homeyfav: 1:28pm On May 07, 2018
Most expensive places to live in Lagos
https://www.landforsale.ng/expensive-places-live-lagos/
Re: AMAZING! Here Are List Of The Best Places To Live In Lagos by ifyalways(f): 3:36pm On May 07, 2018
Very weird albeit funny list cheesy
Re: AMAZING! Here Are List Of The Best Places To Live In Lagos by tenmariner: 4:25am On May 08, 2018
Magodo seems nice and quiet..I love quietness and serenity. I will pick magodo.
Re: AMAZING! Here Are List Of The Best Places To Live In Lagos by stubbornman(m): 8:03am On May 08, 2018
IYANA EJIGBO IS THE BEST grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: AMAZING! Here Are List Of The Best Places To Live In Lagos by ImaIma1(f): 10:04am On May 08, 2018
When there is Ikoyi, Lekki, VI? The island was somehow excused from the list...and Agege made the list.

Road network and traffic in and out of Festac is hectic...Festac of all places. Why didn't you add Ikorodu
Re: AMAZING! Here Are List Of The Best Places To Live In Lagos by Homeyfav: 2:22am On Jan 18, 2019
)(*GHKJN

(1) (Reply)

200cc plus Bikes For Logistics business For Sale At Affordable Prices! / Reduce Ur Inverter Charging Time Astronomically! / Contact Of Some Companies Offering Professional House Cleaning Services In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.