Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Do You Believe In Miracles - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Miracles (1638 Views)

Do You Believe In Miracles? / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Miracles by Ayo199(m): 1:01am On Sep 09, 2017
I notice anytime there is a thread on miracles lyk raising of the dead,blind revieving their sight and so on,people are quick to jump into conclusion dat d story needs investigation and dat it might jst b staged.i am nt ignorant of d fact that such has become rampant in churches today as most "pastors" are always looking for ways to arouse der members and lift der faith or to probably increase in population,But that does nt change d fact that God is a miracle working God..and miracle as of old still happens today..believe me,i have witnesed so many...d most annoying part is most people that indulge in d "thomasic "attitude proclaim to b "christians",how can you claim to b a christian and yet you doubt d potency and efficacy of d power of God??so are you saying miracles arent real??are you saying God is not capable of raising d dead again??
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by Martinez19(m): 1:04am On Sep 09, 2017
There is nothing like miracles. The suspension of physical law are wishful thinking. Religion is bunk. smiley

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by Hier(m): 3:10am On Sep 09, 2017
There was a time I was praying for this guy and he fell to the ground. I believe in miracle, and don't quote me if you think otherwise, and the fact that I have not seen pizza face to face, does not mean, pizza doesn't exist. If you wanna see miracles, go for programmes like Bonnke and Benny Himn where at a blow, people fall under power

By the way, I don't need to proof anything to anybody. I know God for myself
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by hopefulLandlord: 3:28am On Sep 09, 2017
Hier:
There was a time I was praying for this guy and he fell to the ground. I believe in miracle, and don't quote me if you think otherwise, and the fact that I have not seen pizza face to face, does not mean, pizza doesn't exist. If you wanna see miracles, go for programmes like Bonnke and Benny Himn where at a blow, people fall under power

Bonnke and Benny Hinn? haha

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by Hier(m): 3:42am On Sep 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Yea, it won't make sense egbon, but they are real
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by AgentOfAllah: 4:30am On Sep 09, 2017
Ayo199:
I notice anytime there is a thread on miracles lyk raising of the dead,blind revieving their sight and so on,people are quick to jump into conclusion dat d story needs investigation and dat it might jst b staged.i am nt ignorant of d fact that such has become rampant in churches today as most "pastors" are always looking for ways to arouse der members and lift der faith or to probably increase in population,But that does nt change d fact that God is a miracle working God..and miracle as of old still happens today..believe me,i have witnesed so many...d most annoying part is most people that indulge in d "thomasic "attitude proclaim to b "christians",how can you claim to b a christian and yet you doubt d potency and efficacy of d power of God??so are you saying miracles arent real??are you saying God is not capable of raising d dead again??
What is wrong with you? Asking for further investigation is NOT jumping into conclusion, it's the exact opposite of that!

I have 2 questions for you:

(1) Can you define miracle?

(2) Can you distinguish a miracle from a staged performance? If so, how?
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by Martinez19(m): 9:22am On Sep 09, 2017
Hier:

Benny hinn is a dangerous fraud. Check him out on YouTube.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by malvisguy212: 9:34am On Sep 09, 2017
I he'd in science that if the sun is located closer everything will burn, and if it any further from were it was now, everything will freeze. The very earth that we reside on is in fact a mysterious, majestic miracle of God, any wonder why David wonder in the psalmist:

psalm 8.
When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
4 what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
human beings that you care for them?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by Martinez19(m): 9:37am On Sep 09, 2017
malvisguy212:
I he'd in science that if the sun is located closer everything will burn, and if it any further from were it was now, everything will freeze. The very earth that we reside on is in fact a mysterious, majestic miracle of God, any wonder why David wonder in the psalmist:

psalm 8.
the moon and the stars,
That is a lie. The earth orbits the sun in an elliptical orbit with the sun at one of the focus of this orbit. This means that at various times, the distance between the earth and sun will vary.
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by Edenoscar2(m): 10:31am On Sep 09, 2017
malvisguy212:

psalm 8.
the moon and the stars,
this is rubbish and you know it,you just like lying and decieving people right?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 09, 2017
Yes I do, 100%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 09, 2017
malvisguy212:

psalm 8.
the moon and the stars,

True. Anybody that doesn't know this is being deceived by the evil one unknown to them
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by Hier(m): 11:48am On Sep 09, 2017
Martinez19:
Benny hinn is a dangerous fraud. Check him out on YouTube.

Youtube dances to all tunes
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by Martinez19(m): 11:55am On Sep 09, 2017
Hier:

Youtube dances to all tunes
Go and check first. The evidences are there. Check first. HopefulLandlord would laugh at the mention of benny hinn because we both know that he is a dangerous fake. I repeat, check it out.
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2017
I do
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:05pm On Sep 09, 2017
Ayo199:

Miracles are very real.

What people interpret or expect miracles to be are actually signs and wonders.
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by judedwriter(m): 12:06pm On Sep 09, 2017
Ayo199:
The first miracle in the bible was recorded in Genesis 1:3-God said let there be light and there was light.
The manifestation of light was a miracle, the first miracle in scriptures and it came by God. Miracles only come through God-magic is just cheap photocopy of demons.

Miracles can only come through God; His word, His presence, His Spirit via:

His word: bible study
His presence: worship
His Spirit: praying in tongues

Some pastors focus more on worship for miracles, while others praying in tongues, but the word of God is the foundation for miracles. Without a deep foundation in God's word, you will be far from miracles. This is the problem of many christians and so called pastors.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by Hier(m): 12:10pm On Sep 09, 2017
Martinez19:
Go and check first. The evidences are there. Check first. HopefulLandlord would laugh at the mention of benny hinn because we both know that he is a dangerous fake. I repeat, check it out.

Okay, no much data, could you explain why you said so
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by Martinez19(m): 12:30pm On Sep 09, 2017
Hier:

Okay, no much data, could you explain why you said so
A lady came to benny hinn's church, she thought that God had healed her of cancer, she went on to benny hinn's alter and benny hinn prayed for her and gave her microphone to testify. She stopped using her drugs and she died weeks later. She was survived by her husband and four little daughters. With the doctors, she would have survived. Why didn't the holy spirit tell benny hinn that the woman wasn't heal? Especially, when she came to the alter and was handed a microphone by benny hinn. She is not the only one.

Benny hinn said Fidel Castro will die in the '90s. He claimed that was what the holy spirit told him. In benny hinn's church, those that are truly sick, disabled or amputated are not allowed to go near benny hinn neither do they get filmed by the church's camera. The miracles are perfectly staged and participants are carefully selected. Oyakhilome does this too. There are many things I could still say about benny hinn.

All these I learnt from YouTube. His fellow business men and women include: td jakes, joyce meyer, ea adeboye, paula white, joel osteen and his wife, creflo dollar, leroy thompson, jesse duplantes, ed young, steven furtick, hill song etc. YouTube have their videos exposing them.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by obinna58(m): 12:38pm On Sep 09, 2017
miracles and coincidence are somehow connected

Real miracles does not exist

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by Hier(m): 1:38pm On Sep 09, 2017
Martinez19:
A lady came to benny hinn's church, she thought that God had healed her of cancer, she went on to benny hinn's alter and benny hinn prayed for her and gave her microphone to testify. She stopped using her drugs and she died weeks later. She was survived by her husband and four little daughters. With the doctors, she would have survived. Why didn't the holy spirit tell benny hinn that the woman wasn't heal? Especially, when she came to the alter and was handed a microphone by benny hinn. She is not the only one.

Benny hinn said Fidel Castro will die in the '90s. He claimed that was what the holy spirit told him. In benny hinn's church, those that are truly sick, disabled or amputated are not allowed to go near benny hinn neither do they get filmed by the church's o. The miracles are perfectly staged and participants are carefully selected. Oyakhilome does this too. There are many things I could still say about benny hinn.

All these I learnt from YouTube. His fellow business men and women include: td jakes, joyce meyer, ea adeboye, paula white, joel osteen and his wife, creflo dollar, leroy thompson, jesse duplantes, ed young, steven furtick, hill song etc. YouTube have their videos exposing them.

Well, I won't say anyone is right or wrong. Thanks for the piece of information. Thanks
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by rekinomtla(m): 1:56pm On Sep 09, 2017
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by Niflheim(m): 3:11pm On Sep 09, 2017
@op,

I believe in miracles!!! The best place to witness miracles is in the christian church!!!

1.Imagine human beings who have brains, eating grass because their pastor told them to do so!!! That is a miracle!!! If they had gone through a lobotomy, we can say that it was natural, but since they had not gone through any "brain removing" process, it was definitely supernatural!!! Supernatural Stupidity!!!

2.Why would a human being eat his own smelly, sweaty and dirty pant? This is another church miracle!!! I call it "the miracle of Mr shit lips"!!!

3.Have you seen christians who pray to termite infested pieces of wood(the cross)? Why would a man who has a brain, worship "pako"? Or is it that he was born in "pako bustop"? Miracles from Mount slowpoke if you ask me!!!

4.And never forget the greatest miracle of all!!!The mother of all miracles!!! A christian woman saw shit on her baby's diapers, in the shape of a cross, and she celebrated this as a sign from god!!! Christians have descended to "uncharted depths of stupidity"!!! They have traveled to the deepest parts of the oceans of imbecility(where no known humans have ever gone before, because no known humans ever thought that such fantastic levels of stupidity ever existed)!!! This is the mother of all miracles!!!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by Ayo199(m): 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2017
obinna58:
miracles and coincidence are somehow connected

Real miracles does not exist
you are saying this because you are ignorant..i've seen cases where d king of a particular town and all his "abore"came to beg a man of God to leave der town..d man of God came der to host a 3 day revival der which coincides with der annual traditional rites...dey came to beg after series of confrontations and incantations but to no avail dats why d king had to come. ..c av witnessed and heard lots of miracles because of d kind of home i came from and i can bet my life dey are all but d work of God
lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by obisco4u: 11:35pm On Sep 09, 2017
U=set if imaginary things that don't work
U={God, miracle, prayer, seed, fasting, anointing }
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by Martinez19(m): 11:39pm On Sep 09, 2017
obisco4u:
U=set if imaginary things that don't work

U={God, miracle, prayer, seed, fasting, anointing }
Gbam!
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by obisco4u: 11:40pm On Sep 09, 2017
Even Hollywood makes better imaginary miracles than your imaginary God.
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by HiddenManna(m): 1:19am On Sep 10, 2017
Of course. Seeing is believing.
Simple!
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by HiddenManna(m): 1:27am On Sep 10, 2017
False! John21:25; "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, in which, if they should all be written, I suppose even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen."

Moreover, who gave wisdom to man? Is is not through the same wisdom that man evolved with technologies?
obisco4u:
Even Hollywood makes better imaginary miracles than your imaginary God.
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by DebbyChris(f): 7:09am On Sep 10, 2017
Yes
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by dalaman: 7:25am On Sep 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

The same Bonnke that uses corrective lenses for his eye defect abi? Why not heal himself from his eye defect na if he has the power of healing as he claims.
Yeye dey smell.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles by dalaman: 7:26am On Sep 10, 2017
HiddenManna:
False! John21:25; "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, in which, if they should all be written, I suppose even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen."

Moreover, who gave wisdom to man? Is is not through the same wisdom that man evolved with technologies?

The part in bold is fictional .

(1) (2) (Reply)

'El' Is the true Name Of what is called God / Happy 50th Birthday To Pastor Paul Eneche / GB To Jws ~ Avoid Unnecessary Arguments With Apostates.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.